Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Yea Sony made the right financial call but I wouldn't be surprised if more of these kinds of things happen in the near future. It's impossible to say, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Unzip and Attack posted:

This is exactly the reason this has happened. Sony and the theatre giants didn't "cave to terrorism" they made a very calculated and wise financial decision.

People still don't quite grasp the scale and damage that the leaks from the hacked materials are doing to Sony as a company. Delaying a Seth Rogan comedy might hurt temporarily, but if it slows the pace of the leaks down, it's financially worth it to delay the movie because the leaks so far have been hell of damaging. One movie won't make or break Sony; a bunch of emails of them trash-talking their stars, evidence of pay disparities, under-the-table legal plans being out in the open, etc might.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rexicon1 posted:

Yea Sony made the right financial call but I wouldn't be surprised if more of these kinds of things happen in the near future. It's impossible to say, I guess.

if their security is as poo poo as sony's they kind of deserve it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

beatlegs posted:

She will occasionally say something reasonable, but yeah she's generally as awful as her cohorts on FOX, whose mission is to do everything possible to make sure liberals are never perceived as being right about anything. If that means defending torture, so be it.

Wasn't she the one who made fun of Karl Rove live on election night when he was still trying to convince himself and others that Romney still had a shot?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-kimmel-starts-campaign-fox-173236313.html

Would you kind of respect Fox News if they did this or what would your take be?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-kimmel-starts-campaign-fox-173236313.html

Would you kind of respect Fox News if they did this or what would your take be?

I'd respect them for deciding to not subject the nation to Fox news for an hour and a half

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Today Hannity has said Sony "folded like a cheap suit" and "folded like a cheap camera."

I don't understand how this man is paid to speak.

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd respect them for deciding to not subject the nation to Fox news for an hour and a half

And if the North Koreans weren't just bluffing and attacked the Fox News building with its personalities inside it, well... Obviously any attack sucks at an abstract level but I wouldn't shed much of a tear for people who deserve it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vertical Lime posted:

I have to look this up, but I swear the station in New York had problems long before Obama came in.

NYC and Berkley have been having issues with staff/leadership/direction for a while, but funding took a nosedive after Obama was elected.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 18, 2014

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

You gotta feel bad for Erick Erickson, he saw Limbaugh/Hannity/et al trolling for major bucks and thought "How hard can this be?" He's been trying so hard for so many years, but still pretty much nobody knows who he is.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

:fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

what does this even mean?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Is he saying Obama is a girl or like a girl or... gently caress it I don't care, nevermind....Erick Son of Erick is fun to say.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rexicon1 posted:

OBAMA BAD!

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

Obama is a girl and girls are inferior and icky.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

stupid girls

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rexicon1 posted:

Russian missiles in Cuba before the end of the decade, duh.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart tries to be humorous

quote:

What might be next on the Obama agenda? Breitbart News has obtained one such to-do list:

10. Marijuana to be completely decriminalized under the ever-expanding doctrine of “prosecutorial discretion.” In the meantime, the administration will push for a complete ban on all tobacco products and e-cigarettes.

9. The Federal Communications Commission to reimpose the “Fairness Doctrine” on radio; the FCC to further study whether the same Doctrine can be applied to cable TV news.

8. Jane Fonda to be named Secretary of Veterans Affairs; Ted Turner to be named Ambassador to the United Nations.

7. Wind-energy turbines to be made mandatory across the country, except for Cape Cod, The Hamptons, Malibu, and other coastal enclaves, where such turbines are forever forbidden.

6. The FDA and EPA to team up and decide that coal is a carcinogen. Meanwhile, solar panels are to be included in school lunches.

5. The Presidential Medal of Freedom to be awarded to Alec Baldwin, Michael Bloomberg, David Brock, Wendy Davis, Sandra Fluke, Arianna Huffington, Bill Maher. Michael Moore, and Rosie O’Donnell.

4. Posthumous presidential pardons for Joe Hill, Sacco & Vanzetti, the Rosenbergs, and also a pardon for a living prison inmate, Willie Horton.

3. Al Sharpton to be named White House Police Brutality Czar.

2. President Obama to commit to the complete eradication of both homophobia and Islamophobia.

1. The Obama administration to propose a new Constitutional Amendment allowing individuals born in Africa or Asia to serve as President of the United States; also, the administration to propose the repeal of the 22nd Amendment.

Note: The makers of this list are confident that if President Obama follows through on all ten of these items, he will be awarded a second Nobel Peace Prize.

Kor
Feb 15, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

All of these would unironically be great.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

FlamingLiberal posted:

A lot of people also forget that Fox News exists to continue the long running scam of conservatives getting dumb voters to buy their awful books or sponsored garbage. Half of the hosts on Fox probably make more money shilling their own books.

The big thing that keeps more people from seeing through the sham is that the Fox News we all know and dread is only the one cable channel. Every big city has a local Fox News station that is, generally, a reliable television news source, and that's what most people think of when they hear the words, "fox news." If you or I tell Uncle Rabid at Thanksgiving that the Fox News he's fellating is a shitstain on America and on democracy in general, all of your little redneck cousins, nieces and nephews think of the TV news that they grew up watching, not the Nazi propaganda, and they may think he's a bit eccentric but you're even worse, you're an egghead.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't she the one who made fun of Karl Rove live on election night when he was still trying to convince himself and others that Romney still had a shot?

"Is this the math you do as a republican?" I had hopes for her to not be such a quisling then.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Today Hannity has said Sony "folded like a cheap suit" and "folded like a cheap camera."

I don't understand how this man is paid to speak.

You know how he reads every twitter post personally? Well:

A Mediaite article about Hannity's upcoming birthday posted:

Which one of you was this?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I'm failing to see a problem with any of these. I'd vote for the fucker a third time if he actually accomplished any of these.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Obama bans nicotine for ejuice but legalizes cannabis oil :getin:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: Here is Greg in Louisville, Kentucky. Great to have you on the program, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Good to talk to you.

RUSH: I appreciate your patience in waiting to appear on the program, Greg.

CALLER: Oh, it's always worth it. I wanted to say, I disagree with you about Cuba. I think that's exactly the right way -- look at the history. The Soviet Union is gone, no longer communist. Eastern Europe is no longer communist. China is not killing 40 million people like they did under Mao anymore. They are a much freer society. They still got a long way to go, but it's much freer than it used to be because of the trade and exchange that they've had with the west. The two communist countries that are not free, that are still holding on, are North Korea and Cuba. Remember the Berlin Wall was built to keep people in, not keep people out. So I think openness and exchange and free trade and travel is gonna do more to destroy the Castro regime than anything else.

RUSH: Well, okay. Let's just be patient and we'll see. Fidel's gonna die at some point, if he's still alive. He's still gonna die at some point. So we can't credit the lifting of the embargo for that when that happens because he's been sick --

CALLER: No. I don't think that, but I think eventually that will happen, but I'm saying the best way to expose the people of Cuba and to open up the society is to have an open exchange.

RUSH: Right.

CALLER: And have people travel there, travel here --

RUSH: Yeah, absolutely.

CALLER: -- broadcast, the Internet open up, they're gonna open up the Internet to some extent.

CALLER: And then we'll get some free ideas exchanging. That's a good thing. That's what we believe in, freedom. We believe in liberty and spreading the word --

RUSH: Do you think the Cuban people are not aware of what they're being denied?

CALLER: Well, yeah, they are aware and they'll be a lot more aware when the Internet is no longer censored the way it is and they'll get more broadcasts, absolutely, and the more they know --

RUSH: There will be? There are gonna be more broadcasts?

CALLER: Yeah, there's gonna be more freedom and exchange of information. That's the point. Travel, back and forth travel, and I think that's --

RUSH: Back and forth travel's happening now. Cuban families, they can get travel permits, and they can even send dollars. That's been the case for decade now.

CALLER: But the more the merrier, the more that happens the better off we are. The more we can travel back and forth, the more we expose them to freedom. A slave society can't compete with a free society, there's no way, if you have an open exchange. I think we can lead by example. I think it's a good thing. I don't know why Obama did it. Maybe he did it for the wrong reason. I don't know. I think, let's face it, the reason it's been that way for decades is electoral votes in Florida. We all know that. What's the difference between the Soviet Union and Cuba? I mean, come on.

RUSH: What's the difference between the Soviet Union and Cuba?

CALLER: Yeah, why will we trade with the Soviet Union, you can travel, why trade with East Germany, why trade with China, but not Cuba? There's no rational distinction between those places. It's all American politics in Florida. Wouldn't you agree?

RUSH: Well, I'm not sure that your assumptions are correct here. I think we didn't openly trade with the Soviet Union. Things got into the Soviet Union in the black market. There were things like videotapes, like the TV series Dallas was one thing, and believe it or not TV commercials with Levi's because the Soviet people were lied to by Soviet leaders. The United States was portrayed the way the Soviet Union really was, and then people saw evidence, but not because there was open and free trade between the two countries. It was a black market. We had spies. We were doing our best to undermine them with people in clandestine services working very hard to do it.

Now, your better argument would be North Vietnam, if you wanted to cite -- I mean, there's a communist country that we lost a war to, arguably, and we did open economic trade relations with them. However, they are still communists, and their people are still poor. But westerners can go there. China would be another. If you wanted to argue this way --

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: -- you could say that free trade with China. But the ChiComs still have a vise-like control over their people.

CALLER: But they're not killing 50 million people the way they did under Mao, is the point I'm making. It's improved. I'm not saying it's a free society.

RUSH: There are political, religious prisoners in droves in China. It just isn't reported. Look, I know your thought on this. I've had people express it to me before. You're not totally wet.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know, you can make book on it, folks, you can make book on it. Obama does a typically dumb, dangerous thing. Shortly followed by Mr. Snerdley finding a caller claiming to be a super conservative saying, "You know what, this might work out. I think openness and free trade, we gotta give it some time. I think this is how we spread freedom around. We got free trade. We open up and people see how great things are in America, and it's a great move."

And then they call back two years later and apologize for being wrong. But we always seem to find those guys.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Enrique, Bridgeport, Connecticut. Hi, Enrique, great to have you on the EIB Network. Hello.

CALLER: Hey, Rush, it's a real, real pleasure. I gotta tell you, I graduated from a very liberal university, and I was as liberal and as atheist as I could be, and once I listened to Rush Limbaugh by the demands of my mother-in-law, that I listened to you for a day, caused a complete turnaround and I am now as conservative as they come.

RUSH: That is amazing, and you owe it all to your mother-in-law to boot.

CALLER: My mother-in-law. She's a wonderful woman, and at the time I hated her like the devil. But now I'm as Christian as can be and as conservative as can be, and conservatism is truly the answer to all ills.

RUSH: Enrique, that's wonderful to hear.

CALLER: That's a fact. I tried calling you for ten years! Ten years I've been calling you, and I just got through today. I'd love to call you some future day and talk to you about black relations, because that's my new pet. I am an elected official in the city of Bridgeport. I am a city councilman. I'm the only Republican out of 20, and I'm the first Republican in eight years to sit in that council. So, you know, frankly, as conservative as can be and looking --

RUSH: Okay, let me guess what's coming next. Let me guess what's coming next. The lifting of the embargo was a great thing?

CALLER: Well, now, look, let's not go there. My father fought against Fidel Castro, okay, so I don't even want to go to the point that I think that helping a Regime or a Castro-like person is a good thing. However, I do believe that free trade with Cuba, because I believe in capitalism, will liberate the people a hell of a lot faster than what's been the example for 53 years --

CALLER: -- it's not 55; it's 53 years of an embargo that has not worked.

RUSH: Well, Enrique, look, I appreciate the call. I am moved deeply by your announced conversion. It's great. I'm thrilled that your mother-in-law is your mother-in-law. I'm really glad you called. Thanks much. Okay, that's two today. Do you know what I'm talking about? What am I talking about? (interruption) Hm-hm. (interruption) No, it's not just that. You're leaving out a key ingredient. We've had two people who have called, "Rush, I am as conservative as can be." This last guy, "I used to be the biggest liberal, but I am more conserve, I'm the biggest conservative. I love lifting the embargo."

Look, I'll drop it. It doesn't matter. It's a no-win in this case. This is one of those moments where I'll hold my opinion in check. Anyway, Snerdley, I know, when we have a day like this, when Obama comes along and does something that America has steadfastly stood for for decades and then reverses it, you are guaranteed to find me at least two people who claim to be more conservative than anybody in the country who love the idea. (interruption) No, I'm not calling -- no, no, no, no, no, no. No, I'm observing how these things happen.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, don't misunderstand me, folks. Our last caller, Enrique, we looked him up. He's Enrique Torres, city councilman in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Might run for mayor of Bridgeport. He is a pretty conservative guy. I was not challenging what he said. I just... I don't know. This is the second call today, we got a guy calling up, "Man, I'm the biggest conservative in the world. I used to be the biggest liberal. I used to hate you, but my mother-in-law, my sister convinced me that you're the greatest guy in the world. I've been trying to get a hold of you for 10 years, and I finally have, and I just gotta tell you, I'm the biggest conservative in the world, and I agree with Obama."
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/12/18/supposedly_conservative_callers_defend_obama_s_cuba_policy
The funniest thing of this segment is that in the exchange between the first caller the word 'conservative' is not mentioned a single time. Imagine that! Painting someone that disagrees with your positions as a 'No True Conservative'!

quote:

RUSH: Yesterday we made mention of the fact that Barack Obama was running around talking about the fact that one time, that time long ago, he was insulted that somebody thought he was a valet. Not when he was president. Over seven years ago, somebody thought he was a valet, and that meant the United States was racist.

That meant that he had a legitimate chip on his shoulder, and his wife was running around saying (summarized), "Yeah, I went into Target, and I was first lady. Now, I was in disguise, but I went into Target and somebody asked me to get something off the top shelf," and that was supposed to be racist because that meant that the person at Target thought that she was an employee, a grunt employee, and for only one reason: That she was black.

So that was used to tell us that our country is still racist when even the first lady and the president are insulted with racist comments. "Don't tell us that Barack's election means anything," was the point of that. So let me ask a question: If I call Michael Jordan and say, "Hey, man, can you show me how make a jump shot," am I racist? Is that racist, if I call M.J. and say I need some help with my jump shot? (interruption) It's not? It's not insulting him because he's black?

Well, I could just as easily call Kiki Vandeweghe and ask him, but no, I'm calling M.J. Is that not racist, if I want M.J. to show me how to make a jump shot? Well, then how come Obama gets away with saying it's racist when somebody thinks he's a valet?
Anyway there's a little news here on the Mrs. Obama aspect of this, and it comes from our buddies at TruthRevolt.com.

"On Wednesday, People magazine released an interview with President Obama and Michelle Obama, in which the two discussed their harrowing experiences with racism. Among those experiences was a shocking incident during Michelle Obama’s undercover trip to a Target: 'I tell this story -- I mean, even as the first lady -- during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf.

"'Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new.'" From that we're supposed to believe that America is so rotten discriminatory that asking a black woman in Target to help get you something off the shelf is racist, because it means that every American thinks that every black is nothing more than an average, minimum wage store clerk.

Okay, that's what Michelle Obama meant.

But do you know she told this same story two years ago in an entirely different way, on Letterman? Same story, same event. Here's how she described it on Letterman: "I thought I was undercover. I have to tell you something about this trip though. No one knew that was me because a woman actually walked up to me, right? I was in the detergent aisle, and she said -- I kid you not -- she said, 'Excuse me, I just have to ask you something,' and I thought, 'Oh, cover's blown.'

"She said, 'Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?' I kid you not ... And the only thing she said -- I reached up, 'cause she was short, and I reached up, pulled it down -- she said, 'Well, you didn't have to make it look so easy.' That was my interaction. I felt so good. ... She had no idea who I was. I thought, as soon as she walked up -- I was with my assistant, and I said, 'This is it, it’s over. We're going to have to leave.' She just needed the detergent."

So two years ago it was a charming and funny event where a woman needed the assistance of a tall person to reach something from a high shelf. But today, the same story's racism. This is another example of how it's done. This spreading of guilt, making things up, structuring them as you go to achieve the desired result that you want. It's just... I think it's obviously beneath these people to engage in this kind of thing.

But it illustrates for us who they are and what they're really intending to do and what their base manner of thinking is. I mean, to tell this story in a different way recently to People magazine, "Is the country still racist?" How does that advance anything? How does that help a thing, particularly when that was not her original interpretation of the event?
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/12/18/charming_story_mrs_obama_told_two_years_ago_she_now_casts_as_racist_incident
http://www.people.com/article/barack-obama-michelle-obama-ferguson-racism-racial-profiling-interview Read the comments. No racism there!
I also read that quote about 10 times and don't get Michelle Obama claiming the woman was a racist conservative like these guys are painting it as

Michelle Obama posted:

I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new.
I thought I was undercover. I have to tell you something about this trip though. No one knew that was me because a woman actually walked up to me, right? I was in the detergent aisle, and she said — I kid you not — she said, ‘Excuse me, I just have to ask you something,’ and I thought, ‘Oh, cover’s blown.’ She said, ‘Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?’ I kid you not…And the only thing she said — I reached up, ’cause she was short, and I reached up, pulled it down — she said, ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was my interaction. I felt so good. ... She had no idea who I was. I thought, as soon as she walked up — I was with my assistant, and I said, ‘This is it, it’s over. We’re going to have to leave.’ She just needed the detergent.
They're taking a 2 year old quote and putting words in her mouth about crying racism of which the end result is an outpouring of racist comments from people that consume their media. The issue isn't even out yet since it comes out on Friday, not that I'd expect them to actually read it :psyduck:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

SnakePlissken posted:

Every big city has a local Fox News station that is, generally, a reliable television news source, and that's what most people think of when they hear the words, "fox news."

I don't think this is true at all. I think people know the FOX NEWS brand and associate it with Cavuto, Hannity, Fox and Friends, The Five and the rest of that crew.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

"President Obama to commit to the complete eradication of both homophobia and Islamophobia."

...really? That's somehow supposed to be a Obama=tyrant thing? In what hosed up world is ridding the world of people's irrational fears and prejudices is a bad thing?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I like how if Obama reads something into someone mistaking him for a valet, he's fishing for poo poo to get mad about and is too sensitive.

However when WE get offended by his choice of mustard...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I like how if Obama reads something into someone mistaking him for a valet, he's fishing for poo poo to get mad about and is too sensitive.

However when WE get offended by his choice of mustard...

Mom jeans

Don't forget the mom jeans bullshit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SnakePlissken posted:

"Is this the math you do as a republican?" I had hopes for her to not be such a quisling then.

She just says that stuff to try and maintain the illusion that she's being reasonable. Then she spends the next hour being horrible and framing everything in the channels agenda.

I think you guys nailed why she gets under my skin. It's that "sleazy lawyer/honest newsman" routine she does. I know what she's saying. She knows what she's saying. But she's not EXACTLY saying it so she gets to act smug and above it all.

quote:

2. President Obama to commit to the complete eradication of both homophobia and Islamophobia

Wait, what? I mean, I get that they're terrible people and that list is hilarious because I want at least half of those things unironically but what's even the joke here? "Ha ha ha! The president wants us to stop hating gays and muzzies! How ridiculous is that! I bet people would say he was about peace if he spoke against hate! What commie socialist loons!"

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, what? I mean, I get that they're terrible people and that list is hilarious because I want at least half of those things unironically but what's even the joke here? "Ha ha ha! The president wants us to stop hating gays and muzzies! How ridiculous is that!

Yeah for some reason that's really loving with me. The blithe joviality of assuming hating gay people and Muslims is good and should exist. I should take a break from some DnD threads because that little piece of bullshit made me angrier than it deserves.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

In their mind homophobia is not real

Along with
White privilege
Rape culture
Feminism
Pro choice (don't you mean pro murder)

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
When did NPR become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the American Petroleum Institute?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

In their mind homophobia is not real

Along with
White privilege
Rape culture
Feminism
Pro choice (don't you mean pro murder)

Yeah, it's not just breitbart.com readers that think these things, though. They extend across political and generational lines. Not that I'm saying you think otherwise, just that I feel it's important to remember that things like are not contained within obvious conservative echochambers.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

She just says that stuff to try and maintain the illusion that she's being reasonable. Then she spends the next hour being horrible and framing everything in the channels agenda.
People like her and O'Reilly have to say something reasonable once in awhile. They are under the delusion that they are still journalists, so they have to offer a scrap of honesty every so often in order to maintain their cred with the centrist crowd.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

RUSH: Well, okay. Let's just be patient and we'll see. Fidel's gonna die at some point, if he's still alive. He's still gonna die at some point. So we can't credit the lifting of the embargo for that when that happens because he's been sick --
"This is gonna fail, it's gonna fail, no way it will work, total failure...howeeeeeeeeeeeeeever..."

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Why does Limbaugh have two cochlear implants?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dirk Pitt posted:

Why does Limbaugh have two cochlear implants?

painkiller addiction made him go deaf

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, what? I mean, I get that they're terrible people and that list is hilarious because I want at least half of those things unironically but what's even the joke here? "Ha ha ha! The president wants us to stop hating gays and muzzies! How ridiculous is that! I bet people would say he was about peace if he spoke against hate! What commie socialist loons!"

I think they are going with the Freeper thing that he's secretly gay and muslim, and that that is the only reason that he would be against those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What is conservatives' hard-on for tobacco? Like, aren't they supposed to be against drugs and libertine pleasures or whatever?