Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Awesome! posted:

what makes a pro euro truck simulator driver?

russian methamphetamines?

I have always maintained that if the devs include a fatigue meter in American Truck Simulator they should also add a meth and an "addiction" meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Junkenstein posted:

The red text on the MGS page has just updated to say they now expect keys around 12:00 pm EDT. It was 20:00 GMT, but obviously that's passed.

Ah, cool, so the key's will show up tomorrow. No biggie.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I bought 7 Grand Steps on the bid and jesus mother of christ that is a LONG rear end game. If you love long but interesting board games then go for it by all means. I'm not so sure you should spend 20 bux for it but for the 2.4 it was a VERY good buy. Totally recommended!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

turboraton posted:

I bought 7 Grand Steps on the bid and jesus mother of christ that is a LONG rear end game. If you love long but interesting board games then go for it by all means. I'm not so sure you should spend 20 bux for it but for the 2.4 it was a VERY good buy. Totally recommended!
I should add the writing is pretty good on this, and the gameplay is infuriatingly addictive in its "put coins in slots" manner. Worth a look if it's cheap.

However when you get all the way to the end (after about four eras or whatever, which does take a while) it does stop pretty abruptly and goes "wait for the sequel" - which has been put on the backburner.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have a cool video or something that will sell me on Styx?

It really sounds like a game i'd like a lot, but i can't be sure and have only heard anecdotal evidence of it in passing. I can't remember the last time i payed 15€ for a game that i didn't already know i would love (meaning, which i had played before).

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Anyone know what the hell Space Hulk Ascension is doing with its patching? Had two 3.7 GB downloads in the last week. I think the whole game was about that :iiam:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Ubisoft free games are up if you bought the AC:U season pass. Site is acu.ubi.com/Default/Welcome

I got The Crew and it was a Steam key.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Ubisoft free games are up if you bought the AC:U season pass. Site is acu.ubi.com/Default/Welcome

I was just about to post this. jerk. :argh:

Farcry 4 is a p.sweet reward for being a bad consumer. :)

I had little to no problems with Unity and it ran fine on my PC.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

The Deadly Hume posted:

:words:

There's another official map expansion to cover Scandinavia due sometime in the new year, as well as :911:American Truck Simulator:911: (which will be just California and maybe Nevada to begin with)

Yes, ETS2 is solid. Also, if the California routes don't involve burgs and weed mods, then it's not as great or superfucking great.

Unrelated, I just emptied my two bucks 51 into Space Engineers- or as I call it "Space Dicks In Space That Shoot Space Dicks At Space Dicks". Hopefully, it'll grow to something loving awesome.

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit

Knifegrab posted:

ETS2: Get a G27 and a rift, never stop vomiting* again.

Fixed that for you.

*This may not happen to you, but ETS2 is the only game that I cannot play more than 60 seconds of on the rift. Especially when used with the G27 setup. Too much of a disconnect between what I'm seeing and what I expect to feel. Taking it down a notch and playing with just a head-tracker (ie. TrackIR, etc) combined with the G27 and ETS2 is GOTY material, however!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
ETS2 has broken me in many ways. I'm currently playing Elite and before launch I was envisioning myself as a grand pirate or bounty hunter. Instead I've only ever killed one ship and am currently playing Space Truck Simulator 3300.
ETS2 is loving awesome.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Can anyone recommend Halfway, which is part of the current Humble Bundle? Seems kind of cool from the gameplay videos. I'm interested in Consortium as well, so going up to the tier for Halfway seems plausible if it's really a good TBS.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

McCoy Pauley posted:

Can anyone recommend Halfway, which is part of the current Humble Bundle? Seems kind of cool from the gameplay videos. I'm interested in Consortium as well, so going up to the tier for Halfway seems plausible if it's really a good TBS.

a couple people wrote up impressions when it came out i think. kragger might have been one? anyway the take away was pretty meh

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This is only for the season pass correct? You don't get anything for just buying the game?

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

This is only for the season pass correct? You don't get anything for just buying the game?

Correct.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Come on, Steam sale. The only thing i really want for christmas is TitS for at least 50% off.

I know you can make it happen.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 19, 2014

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

HenryEx posted:

Come on, Steam sale. The only thing i really want for christmas is Tits for at least 50% off.

But Sakura Spirits is already 66% off? :confused:

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Kibayasu posted:

I have always maintained that if the devs include a fatigue meter in American Truck Simulator they should also add a meth and an "addiction" meter.

They should make this an in-game item:

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Holly poo poo, the steam beta client is so much smoother and more responsive.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

HenryEx posted:

Come on, Steam sale. The only thing i really want for christmas is Tits for at least 50% off.

It went 50% off during GOG's sale a couple weeks ago so I'm sure it will here too. That's basically my #1 most wanted at the moment.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Laputanmachine posted:

But Sakura Spirits is already 66% off? :confused:

I neglected proper capitalization for TitS. Sorry to mislead you.

But yeah, it's basically that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

skooma512 posted:

Is Hegemony any good?

Hegemony is really good. It's sort of like an RTS war boardgame, so don't expect the kind of personal narrative that total war gives you. But if you just want to use strategy and conquer the nation with clever maneuvers then its good.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I can't remember, but is there a way for me to purchase things from the store on a mobile device when in another country?

Forseeable Fuchsia
Dec 28, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I just got mine, and it was a Uplay key for The Crew. Wonder what determines if you get a Steam/Uplay key.

Also, I bought Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Upgrade Pack from Humble Bundle, and I keep getting errors with redeeming it, probably because I'm in Australia. It says it's not redeemed by anyone on my end, so if anyone else wants it, feel free to take it.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Mock and Droll posted:

I just got mine, and it was a Uplay key for The Crew. Wonder what determines if you get a Steam/Uplay key.

Also, I bought Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Upgrade Pack from Humble Bundle, and I keep getting errors with redeeming it, probably because I'm in Australia. It says it's not redeemed by anyone on my end, so if anyone else wants it, feel free to take it.

Thanks! I'll pass the gesture along when I get paid :)

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Lister posted:

What makes me feel like that wont happen this is:

1. They're already doing the auction as a special tie-in.
2. They are letting people craft the badge before the event, so it seems like they made it so crafting it during the event wont be special.

Either way, I just dropped $14 on foils. Here's hoping this works.

I loving knew it. $8 down the drain.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Has anyone played this Deep Dungeons of Doom game on the current Humble Weekly Bundle? Is it even worth installing?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mock and Droll posted:

I bought AC:U through Steam, where did you buy yours?

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Mock and Droll posted:

If you bought the game + season pass on Steam or not.
They know if a game was originally activated straight on Uplay or through Steam.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

For everyone that has random old bad games in their library they'd like to make Go Away, apparently you can now hide them completely (rather than put them all in a category like "ZHidden" at the bottom. This is great news for inveterate bundle-getters.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Kragger99 posted:

I can't remember, but is there a way for me to purchase things from the store on a mobile device when in another country?

Make sure that you use your phones browser to access the webpage store not the app and set the country code that you need at the end of the address ?cc=xx
It might throw a fit over card payments as the currency won't match your ip address, but wallet funds should work and probably paypal too.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Lester Shy posted:

Wow, MGS 5: Ground Zeroes looks and plays amazingly smooth, even on my below-minimum-requirements CPU. Granted, I've only dicked around in the beginning area, but I was worried if I'd even be able to get the game to run at all. I'd definitely recommend a controller though; the default keys you have to use to navigate the menus are really dumb.

What kind of hardware setup do you have? I wasn't going to pick up MGSV because my system also fails to meet the minimum requirements, but after hearing that, I thought about giving it a shot. I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6570 and i7 2600S.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 19, 2014

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

GrandpaPants posted:

Has anyone played this Deep Dungeons of Doom game on the current Humble Weekly Bundle? Is it even worth installing?

I played it for about an hour, and it was a "simple gameplay" game, you just push left or right (or whatever two buttons) to attack or dodge or navigate menus. Maybe there was some deeper strategy that I missed, but it was all about timing your attack or block correctly.

Then I uninstalled it. Was not hooked.

Forseeable Fuchsia
Dec 28, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I bought AC:U through Steam, where did you buy yours?

Ah, of course. I didn't even think of that. Yeah, mine is a Uplay copy. There's that mystery solved!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I recently picked up Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on the Black Friday Sale. I haven't played any of this series before, but I saw that Mass Effect 3 is unavailable on Steam and I'd have to buy it through Origin. Is $5.99 of the Standard Edition ($14.99 Digital Deluxe Edition) a good sale price or can I find it cheaper elsewhere? Is the Deluxe worth buying?

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/mass-effect-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Deluxe edition gets you one of the best companions in the game, go for it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

JFC posted:

I recently picked up Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 on the Black Friday Sale. I haven't played any of this series before, but I saw that Mass Effect 3 is unavailable on Steam and I'd have to buy it through Origin. Is $5.99 of the Standard Edition ($14.99 Digital Deluxe Edition) a good sale price or can I find it cheaper elsewhere? Is the Deluxe worth buying?

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/mass-effect-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Definitely pick up the deluxe edition if you're going to get it. It has dlc that is absolutely worth it and actually should have been part of the base game from the start.
Just be aware that you will never get the rest of the dlc cheap. You have to use bioware points to buy it and they are never discounted for pc and the amount of points each dlc costs is never lowered either.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Looks like the developer of Spintires is in some skirmish with his publisher and is stopping development. He's claiming they ran off with money and locked him out of the development system, they're claiming he's been payed and they're unsure of anything. It's not technically an Early Access game but still, that sucks.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Lord Lambeth posted:

Deluxe edition gets you one of the best companions in the game, go for it.

Helith posted:

Definitely pick up the deluxe edition if you're going to get it. It has dlc that is absolutely worth it and actually should have been part of the base game from the start.
Just be aware that you will never get the rest of the dlc cheap. You have to use bioware points to buy it and they are never discounted for pc and the amount of points each dlc costs is never lowered either.

Thanks, I grabbed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

JFC posted:

Thanks, I grabbed it.

Just don't play anymore after you beat Marauder Shields and enter the final saucer. make up your own ending and it will be better

• Locked thread