Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Uh Lena Headey is really good as Cersei?

She's OK as Cersei. She didn't even read the books (at first) which is a pretty huge knock against her acting choice given that the books actually has her character's thoughts written out and not just the action and dialogue like in the scripts she receives. She's an approximate Cersei, but she pales to her written form because she doesn't understand her own character's motivation for her actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

An Ounce of Gold posted:

She's OK as Cersei. She didn't even read the books (at first) which is a pretty huge knock against her acting choice given that the books actually has her character's thoughts written out and not just the action and dialogue like in the scripts she receives. She's an approximate Cersei, but she pales to her written form because she doesn't understand her own character's motivation for her actions.

Hmmm you seem to not understand acting...

You know who else didn't read the books? Pretty much every actor on the show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Books and TV are two different things, so in some cases reading the book can be harmful.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How can any actor ever perform a role without a book to tell them their motivatios and inner thoughts?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

Books and TV are two different things, so in some cases reading the book can be harmful.

Maybe, if they fall on your head from a height.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

How can any actor ever perform a role without a book to tell them their motivatios and inner thoughts?

I imagine Slade Wilson reading Shannara.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This is 100% spot on

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

less laughter posted:

This is 100% spot on

Nah it's pretty dumb.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are we going to have to teach yall how to watch TV again?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

zoux posted:

Are we going to have to teach yall how to watch TV again?

Do I have to read the book before I watch the tv show? I didn't do that for arrow, and I thought slade wilson and deadpool were two different people. But now I know better.

Then again, I didn't do that for Game of Thrones because the books are poorly written, but the tv show is actually good. Seriously, I couldn't even get through the book, there wasn't a single picture in the 25 pages I read, okay 15 pages.

I certainly am not going to read Shannara, and I certainly will not read...

http://flavorwire.com/494751/ascension-fails-as-a-miniseries-but-would-make-a-great-tv-show

quote:

The biggest twist came early in the miniseries, at the very end of night one, when it was revealed that the Ascension never actually went to space but instead was a highly elaborate, and devastatingly expensive, social media experiment.

Perhaps I should start reading more, lest I mix up the words "sociological" and "social media."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trying too hard.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Ravane posted:

Do I have to read

Shut up, Ravane.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aphrodite posted:

Trying too hard.

This isn't trolling. This is a demonstration of what happens when you don't read.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ravane posted:

This isn't trolling. This is a demonstration of what happens when you don't read.

Ravane posted:

Seriously, I couldn't even get through the book, there wasn't a single picture in the 25 pages I read, okay 15 pages.

Trying too hard.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

thrawn527 posted:

Trying too hard.

Oh my god. Have you ever heard of a joke before?

I'm gonna say this in the kindest way possible. Do you have Downs Syndrome? Are you retarded? Are you seriously retarded? Do you have a problem with your brain, by which I mean mental retardation?

I'm advocating reading. I'm literally making fun of this:

bobkatt013 posted:

You fucks are so goddamn stupid.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

DivisionPost posted:

Shut up, Ravane.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Trying too hard.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lol ravane u suck so goddamn hard

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Will no one rid us of this troublesome poster?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was actually talking about the Deadpool thing.

You even used that one already.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ravane posted:

I'm gonna say this in the kindest way possible. Do you have Downs Syndrome? Are you retarded? Are you seriously retarded? Do you have a problem with your brain, by which I mean mental retardation?

If you read the post I was responding to I was pointing out that books and television are two different mediums. Sometimes the tv show goes in a different direction and if the actor based the performance solely from the book then it would not make sense.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More like Person of Boring. Since the show sucks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ravane posted:

You fucks are so goddamn stupid.

even occ doesn't tailspin this hard when he's caught sucking, that pretty much makes you a fuckup black-belt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Page 246 is this thread's Red Wedding :negative:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
So how about that boob tube. Making the kids dumber, I say.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You know, Ravane, you try way too hard and are super obvious. But everyone gets mad anyway. So nice work. You're good people, Ravane. You win the official FAU Thumbs Up Trolling Award.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They don't get mad, they get bored. It's the worst thing you can inspire in other people as a troll, other than relief at your inevitable suicide once you realize how empty and pointless your life is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow... Merry Christmas Ravane!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rocksicles posted:

What if he's Jewish

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

less laughter posted:

What if he's Jewish

He's like "What's Jewish".

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

she doesn't understand her own character's motivation for her actions.

Neither does our buddy GRRM!

But instead of arguing about posters, people should totally go vote in the Top 10 of 2014 thread and argue about TV instead! It's fun and interesting and right now the sample size is total bullshit so I demand that you do it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I dunno Sophia

Sounds dumb

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Top 10 listicles are such a reductive and futile way of appraising and examining art

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

That's what a subforum of a paywalled internet message board is for! :eng101:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Boogaleeboo posted:

It's the worst thing you can inspire in other people as a troll, other than relief at your inevitable suicide once you realize how empty and pointless your life is. you're a goon.

:captainpop: drat, dude. that's so depressing. I guess I should quit my PhD program since my 3.8 gpa isn't a 4.0, which means my life is worthless and I'm never finishing my dissertation on inflammatory metabolites in pancreatic cancer. Woe is me, just another depressed scientist who'll never become anything more despite having published research in the New England Journal of Medicine. Oh, I'll never get another girlfriend, other than the one I already have, who is also getting her MD, though I should dump her because your tits are bigger than hers. :sadfan:

Maybe all the inheritance money, just over a million dollars in assets, that I'll get from my parents is just better off donated to a charity. Oh boo hoo. :smithicide:

Rocksicles posted:

:qqsay: What's merry about it? I'm so depressed now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ravane posted:

:captainpop: drat, dude. that's so depressing. I guess I should quit my PhD program since my 3.8 gpa isn't a 4.0, which means my life is worthless and I'm never finishing my dissertation on inflammatory metabolites in pancreatic cancer. Woe is me, just another depressed scientist who'll never become anything more despite having published research in the New England Journal of Medicine. Oh, I'll never get another girlfriend, other than the one I already have, who is also getting her MD, though I should dump her because your tits are bigger than hers. :sadfan:

Maybe all the inheritance money, just over a million dollars in assets, that I'll get from my parents is just better off donated to a charity. Oh boo hoo. :smithicide:

:qqsay: What's merry about it? I'm so depressed now.
What the... what :psyduck:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Guys.

Every episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse is on Netflix now.

Everything is different now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sober posted:

I'm curious to see this trainwreck in its entirety now. Dead serious.
Honestly, it's not painful to sit through so it may be worth your watch.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Trying just a bit too hard there ravine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I know that bragging about your ignore list is blasé but seriously who didn't ignore Ravane the minute they pulled that weak Hitchcock troll :cmon:

• Locked thread