Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh yeah deadly premonition is rly good also and the dead space series also nba and skate but I dunno if skate is on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Stux posted:

, total war medieval 1,

ah, the one other person in the world who thinks this is the best total war

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Davincie posted:

ah, the one other person in the world who thinks this is the best total war

the risk style map is far superior for a start

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh yeah dawn of war 1 owns too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Stux posted:

the risk style map is far superior for a start

it is, the ai can't handle the new style and agents suck with it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I've made a thread about true gaming terror, but I've had to bump it once and I suspect I'll have to again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Davincie posted:

it is, the ai can't handle the new style and agents suck with it

yep yep yep also I just feel jumping straight between countries instead of this weird roaming thing is just more coherent anyway

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously though where's my open-city Deus Ex game.
The small but open cities in Human Revolution were great, we just needed more of them. Make the game more open world than that and you'll turn it into Watch Dogs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

J-Spot posted:

The small but open cities in Human Revolution were great, we just needed more of them. Make the game more open world than that and you'll turn it into Watch Dogs.
I was thinking something like Dishonored, but with a single big hub city and lots of movement/exploration powers. Then you can have the linear plot, and also hide clues about the REAL conspiracy around the city. So you can actually explore to uncover the real truth.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

oh yeah deadly premonition is rly good also and the dead space series also nba and skate but I dunno if skate is on pc

Deadly P owns, but don't get it from Steam. Rising Star Games' port job of DP to PC crashes so much, so buyer beware.
There is DPfix, not unlike DSfix for Dark Souls, but it does not fix the crash to desktop issues Deadly P has on PC! :siren:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was thinking something like Dishonored, but with a single big hub city and lots of movement/exploration powers. Then you can have the linear plot, and also hide clues about the REAL conspiracy around the city. So you can actually explore to uncover the real truth.

it'd be pretty cool to have a bunch of information never outright stated to you that you had to find yourself. there was some of that in HR but the conspiracy heavy setting would be perfect for a lot more of it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hog Inspector posted:

it'd be pretty cool to have a bunch of information never outright stated to you that you had to find yourself. there was some of that in HR but the conspiracy heavy setting would be perfect for a lot more of it
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. And Dishonored made HR's basic gameplay way more fun by giving you so many movement powers.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

not every game needs to be open world and I like what they've done with the series in HR

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

not every game needs to be open world and I like what they've done with the series in HR
Sure, but Deus Ex would be able to do something new and interesting with the open world concept. Combine it with the hub city thing and have like 3-4 explorable small cities.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Open world is where games go to die.

"Maybe if we make the world really big people won't notice it's full of crap"

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

sounds like you've played too many ubisoft games

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hog Inspector posted:

sounds like you've played too many ubisoft games
DDraig obsessively hates Far Cry.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure, but Deus Ex would be able to do something new and interesting with the open world concept. Combine it with the hub city thing and have like 3-4 explorable small cities.

no thanks that sounds really bad and dull

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

DDraig obsessively hates games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hmm we could make well designed and engaging separate areas which can have thought put into them and how you progress through them or we could make it into the 50th boring game which is in an open world for no good reason except for this checklist of things people apparently like

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Stux posted:

hmm we could make well designed and engaging separate areas which can have thought put into them and how you progress through them or we could make it into the 50th boring game which is in an open world for no good reason except for this checklist of things people apparently like

I like the way you think. Is there room for zombies in this design or is that just too out there?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ddraig posted:

I like the way you think. Is there room for zombies in this design or is that just too out there?

you say zombies but I hear rogue lite and procedural

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Deadly Premonition is good but it's not a good GAME if you know what I'm sayin

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Deadly Premonition is good but it's not a good GAME if you know what I'm sayin
It's not a good action game, but everything else is great though and I think you'd miss out if you just watched a LP or something.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 19, 2014

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I am dying to see what the Lords Of The Fallen IOS port looks like

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mr.capps posted:

Is this chat the place I will finally be accepted for my deep undying love fore the arcade classic Elevator Action?
Elevator Action is a good game but Elevator Action Returns is, no joke, one of my all time favourite arcade games.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
expect open world deus ex when ubisoft buys the franchise from the wailing wraith of a corpse that is squenix

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think open world games are great because it is really cool to explore a fake place. I pre-reject the coming open world backlash.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So I just got Skyhold in Dragon Age and got the 3 trainer people and used up all my Power to do some quest that I can't remember. Everything I can do now seems like it will take a long time or involve harvesting poo poo so I'm just running around trying to get hot lovin from everyone. No takers yet, but Sera thinks I'm pretty :allears:

EDIT

Also I need more people to judge. Only had 1 so far. Wanna make some judgments.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hit a brick wall at the point you're at. I need points to do anything and I don't feel like doing any of that poo poo to get them. 30 points to move the plot forward? gently caress that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Static Rook posted:

So I just got Skyhold in Dragon Age and got the 3 trainer people and used up all my Power to do some quest that I can't remember. Everything I can do now seems like it will take a long time or involve harvesting poo poo so I'm just running around trying to get hot lovin from everyone. No takers yet, but Sera thinks I'm pretty :allears:

EDIT

Also I need more people to judge. Only had 1 so far. Wanna make some judgments.

Close rifts and do fun quests you'll get way more power than you'll ever need. You can just do easy requisitions forever too

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So uh

Telltale making a minecraft game

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I have literally never been more excited for a game than I am for No Man's Sky.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That game looks neat, but...can you also gently caress the alien species you find? If not, then I don't really see the lasting value of it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

You can but only lesbian sex. It's in the title. It'd be false advertising otherwise.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Grump posted:

I have literally never been more excited for a game than I am for No Man's Sky.

i don't know about never but yes i am p hype for that game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea no man's sky looks pretty good i like exploring things and if they do it right that game is about exploration based as you can get

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
No man's sky looks great and exploration does sound appealing in theory, but I'm not sure I can play that sort of game unless I can do something like eliminate an entire species.

Or destroy the whole ecosystem a planet and then peace on out to the next system.

Will there be guns in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ahundredbux posted:

No man's sky looks great and exploration does sound appealing in theory, but I'm not sure I can play that sort of game unless I can do something like eliminate an entire species.

Or destroy the whole ecosystem a planet and then peace on out to the next system.

Will there be guns in it?

yes

• Locked thread