Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

North Korea is exactly the sort of place that would send over some people to bomb a movie theater because of a national insult. Spite fueled terrorism is their whole thing. As soon as they stop being a credible scary country they lose everything, so they need to continuously act crazy and do at least enough to back up their crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Paramount put a stop to the Team America showings. :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Paramount should be censured by the Senate for unamerican activities.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Paramount put a stop to the Team America showings. :(

The gently caress

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Best Friends posted:

North Korea is exactly the sort of place that would send over some people to bomb a movie theater because of a national insult. Spite fueled terrorism is their whole thing. As soon as they stop being a credible scary country they lose everything, so they need to continuously act crazy and do at least enough to back up their crazy.

Except they can't back poo poo up. They piss and moan and in the end they're capable of doing gently caress all because they're a poo poo tier country run by a literal goon. The last time they've done anything terrorism related was almost 30 years ago with that passenger jet they blew up. You know back when the Norks could actually feed their people (more like the soviets giving them food).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They can probably gently caress with any of our vast amounts of unsecured online infrastructure, or DDOS a bunch of poo poo (look what blizzard's been dealing with lately), or other cyber poo poo we're woefully incapable of defending against.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

justice4trayvawn posted:

The gently caress

https://deadline.com/2014/12/paramount-cancel-team-america-1201329597/

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

All those execs must send out some pretty rude e-mails to be this scared >:[

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What a bunch of pussies.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I thought all the computers in NK were props to make them look like less of a shithole.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I thought all the computers in NK were props to make them look like less of a shithole.
Their "computers" are all starved "hackers" mashing away on cheap photocell calculators. Obviously, there isn't much sunshine in the grorious People's Republic of North Korea, so they don't get a whole lot done.

What's that saying about an infinite number of monkeys?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Bolow posted:

Except they can't back poo poo up. They piss and moan and in the end they're capable of doing gently caress all because they're a poo poo tier country run by a literal goon. The last time they've done anything terrorism related was almost 30 years ago with that passenger jet they blew up. You know back when the Norks could actually feed their people (more like the soviets giving them food).

I'd heard their special forces were actually quite good, for some reason. No idea where I heard it, mind

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I think they hired these hackers.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Nuclear War posted:

I'd heard their special forces were actually quite good, for some reason. No idea where I heard it, mind

Is there any country in the world that this can't be said of? I'm legit curious.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Syncopated posted:

Is there any country in the world that this can't be said of? I'm legit curious.

Zimbabwe

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Syncopated posted:

Egypt, unless "killing your own citizens either intentionally or otherwise" is part of their mission.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Syncopated posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elJwuD7pfmc

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, so what the gently caress is that magic boom stick?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

suboptimal posted:

Egypt, unless "killing your own citizens either intentionally or otherwise" is part of their mission.

Pretty sure it's the Spetsnaz motto.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 19, 2014

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

not caring here posted:

Okay, so what the gently caress is that magic boom stick?

It's awesome that's what it is.

Taught that terror bus a lesson!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

gfanikf posted:

Pretty sure it's the Spetnaz motto.

Considering how Unit 777 was at the Rabaa al-Adawiyya dispersal, I think they gave the Spetsnaz a serious run for their money. Also, this.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Syncopated posted:

Well we can all revert back to 13 year olds and argue who has the best.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Syncopated posted:

I figure that in North Korea, training even just a few guys to decent standard would be hard. I mean, just finding anyone who's not so malnourished that they stopped growing at nine would be a challenge. Would they be able to get decent updated equipment?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nuclear War posted:

Compared to who, the rest of the Nork army? Who gives a poo poo. You could defeat them with a goddamn Snickers bar, since they'd probably run into the first 7-11, eat everything in sight, and then keel over dead from insulin shock. And who gives a poo poo if they start up the cyberwarfare? The US has been sitting on its rear end for too long, let some of these companies have to spend money (God FORBID) upgrading an out of date infrastructure they've been warned for 15 loving years isn't as secure as they masturbate about. Who gives is poo poo if the movie hurts some fat gently caress's feelings. The fact that Sony caved isn't goddamn surprising, since King Joke Illin' probably mashed his fat loving fingers against the phone until China picked up so he could alternate between whining about his feelings, cramming more food in his gaping hamburger eating device, and threatening to have a bunch of starving Norks pass horseshit in a big line till they dumped it in the river or mumbled about ATOMIC HOLOCAUST, so China whined at Japan, who whined at Sony, who said "gently caress it" and cancelled the loving thing.

Either that or Sony's worried that the Norks will release some incriminating emails and then they have to put up with King Joke Illin's whining along with Tumblr crying about some bullshit.

And oooh, their snake eaters are good. So loving what if the 40 loving special ed on the food rotation got full meals so they could backflip and make karate yells in front of a camera or some half-wit diplomat or reporter more interested in the 15 year old Nork girl trying to suck her next meal out of the cock stuffed in her mouth, which is probably the most meat she's ever had in her mouth compared to all her meals combined, so her stomach stops eating itself. Contrary to what every goddamn Spetz, Ranger, GS-Goon, and every other operator would make you believe, you can't win a loving war with just special ed all fighting over the same loving snake to eat. It requires infrastructure to carry out the surgical missions that they get tasked with, from guys who can, you know, READ to work on the lovely helicopters that even the US of goddamn A has a gently caress of a time keeping from falling out of the air and killing everyone on board, to the half-wit drunken ammo-rats maintaining their goddamn ammunition, to the slutty 2 in the World 9 in the Field medic with a case of crabs and an IQ less than her bra size to patch their retarded rear end when they choke on their loving dog-tags, to the operations teams that need to, you know, READ A GODDAMN MAP, to plan where to do the operation instead of vaugely waving in a direction and say "Blow up America. All of it. With two grenades and a a handful of fertilizer and a canteen full of diesel fuel.

You know, things that the Nork Army can't probably even do beyond 1970's levels, and if you asked half their soldiers to walk to the train station to report duty they'd probably die or pass out from malnutrition.

Hell, even if they, somehow, manage to actually do something in America, like we haven't done worse. We've got hair dyed fucks opening up on theaters and disgruntled virgins with a mad-on at anything with a axe-wound with a better K:D ratio than the Norks could ever hope to achieve. And to top it off, even if they SOMEHOW managed to smuggle one of their lovely nuclear weapons into the US, and they SOMEHOW detonated it, and it SOMEHOW loving actually worked more than just making a noise like an old man making GBS threads his Depends, we can take the damage and not even really notice it, compared to what would happen to their poo poo-hole of a country, because if there's one thing the US can do with the glorious spirit of AMERICA! gently caress YOU! is turn a shithole into an even bigger shithole where the locals are finding unexploded ordnance with their feet two loving generations later. And King John Phil loving knows it, no matter how much people want to portray him as some Uber-Good cruising D&D and furiously blogging on Tumblr. He knows we could take his entire loving country and turn it into a goddamn wasteland without ever having a single loving troop come closer than the flight/bombing ceiling or how far it takes some loving Aegis Cruiser to launch a missile after some fat loving sailor with a double digit IQ and a wife getting gangbanged by Marines back home presses a button made in China by loving peasants.

I'm a goddamn drunk, and even I can do the goddamn math that the Norks lovely tanks and anti-tank weaponry would be about as useful against anything a modern military can field as staring at the sun would be effective in causing an eclipse. The only reason, the ONLY loving REASON that nobody has bombed that lovely hell-hole into a copy of the Middle East is because nobody wants to be responsible for feeding, housing, clothing an entire generation that is about as capable of living in the modern world as a mud-person is capable of farting and flying to the goddamn moon. His lovely nuke isn't a goddamn deterrent, his hordes of uneducated, starving, desperate people is the real deterrent. China doesn't even want them as slave labor to work in Apple's factories making cheap loving iPads.

They're about as much a threat to the US as my dick is to J-Lo's throat.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 19, 2014

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

suboptimal posted:

Considering how Unit 777 was at the Rabaa al-Adawiyya dispersal, I think they gave the Spetsnaz a serious run for their money. Also, this.

Hahahahah holy gently caress

quote:

As explosives were detonated to attempt to blow a hole on the top of the airframe, the explosion ripped through the cabin area, immediately killing 20 passengers.[4] Using the same hole, the operators gained entry to the plane but in the confusion opened fire indiscriminately and killed and injured more passengers. In the ensuing chaos, passengers that managed to flee the plane were then gunned down by snipers in positions around the airport who mistook them for terrorists attempting to escape. The total number of passengers killed was 57, out of 88 total.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Well we can all revert back to 13 year olds and argue who has the best.

we do because i'm from new zealand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Apiata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Upham

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I hate conversations like this because, like, I want to participate but I can't remember which stuff I know is classified and which stuff is not.

One of you dorks start a SIPR or JWCS GiP so we can do this right.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ManMythLegend posted:

I hate conversations like this because, like, I want to participate but I can't remember which stuff I know is classified and which stuff is not.

it shouldn't matter we're all friends here no one's gonna do anything with any info you give us

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Two Finger posted:

it shouldn't matter we're all friends here no one's gonna do anything with any info you give us

Yeah, I guess I can just spolier tag all of it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Two Finger posted:

you loving osi goons have insanely good methods but miraculously i saw through yo u this time

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

ManMythLegend posted:

Rule of thumb: if it's cool or interesting, it's classified.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

you loving osi goons have insanely good methods but miraculously i saw through yo u this time

GOTT VERDAMMT

*runs to waiting zeppelin*

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Yeah, that's the problem. :(

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

The converse is so very much not true.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Somewhere buried deep in SIPR is a memorandum I wrote that involves who is responsible for burning da poop that week. It is classified because I was not paying attention to which computer I was using when I wrote and printed it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i hope the OCA slapped a 75 year expiration on that fucker so our great grandchildren have something to look forward to

also isn't this technically a leak of classified information

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

i hope the OCA slapped a 75 year expiration on that fucker so our great grandchildren have something to look forward to

also isn't this technically a leak of classified information

Naw. Just because it's on a classified network doesn't mean that it's classified information.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

suboptimal posted:

:psyduck:

These guys are a loving clown car. What kind of moron launches a raid to rescue hostages, and doesn't tell the friendly local forces that, hey, by the way, we're gonna show up loaded to the balls, please don't shoot at us.

e: it would also appear their (former) commander was hoping he'd have this shot show up in Egyptian People Magazine:

~so dreamy~

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's a loving sweet photo.

• Locked thread