Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Mario 3D world is pretty fun and good but yeah no Rayman is way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Stux posted:

yeah it's really good if for whatever reason you don't have a nintendo with mario and donkey kong otherwise no it's trash

simultaneously really good and trash all n in the same post... poor game can't just be well made in a vacuum.

here's my review: all media is really good if for whatever reason you don't have a spouse with a bed to bang in otherwise no it's trash

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whoa whoa whoa, Rayman's pretty great but not lets use hyperbole here...Mario 3D World's loving amazing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Electromax posted:

simultaneously really good and trash all n in the same post... poor game can't just be well made in a vacuum.

here's my review: all media is really good if for whatever reason you don't have a spouse with a bed to bang in otherwise no it's trash

agreed

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Stux shows up just in time to derail a thread with console war crap when more talk of awful Ubisoft and Unity was about to start up. I think we have our true CEO of Ubisoft here.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If you want to play Madden 15 with goons, our SA league just started season 2! Come stop in this thread and get signed up! Lots of good teams are available!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688768

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I'm trying to edit a video in Shareplay, and it looks great during the preview, but the audio goes out of sync when I actually render it :( I'm not sure if it's slowly getting worse as the video goes on, or if certain clips are just screwing it up, but it's definitely off. It's not the game audio that is off, though. That's muted. I'm trying to sync up certain parts to the music, and that's what slowly gets worse.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Right now my solution has been to intentionally make it off and then hope things match up with the render, but that's annoying.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Maybe try adding splits that don't do anything to force resyncs?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Maybe try adding splits that don't do anything to force resyncs?

I'm not sure what you mean. There aren't any transitions or anything, though. It just goes from clip to clip. It's weird, I just can't find what's causing the audio to desync.

Edit: Although when I started the "project" there were transitions which I manually deleted.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 18, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rayman may be the first side scroller I've really enjoyed. But I was part of the Commodore 64 master race back in the NES days so I never got into the Mario stuff.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

I'm not sure what you mean. There aren't any transitions or anything, though. It just goes from clip to clip. It's weird, I just can't find what's causing the audio to desync.

Just add a split in the video every 1/2/5/whatever minutes and then render. The splits don't have anything between them but maybe it will cause the audio to stay in sync.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Twibbit posted:

so is the T a typo you had when registering an account....

im the babby burn

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just noticed there is a demo for Far Cry 4. I am still on the fence about this game, but most of me is into the buy this game camp.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Just add a split in the video every 1/2/5/whatever minutes and then render. The splits don't have anything between them but maybe it will cause the audio to stay in sync.

Didn't work :( Oh well, the original un-synced version actually syncs well enough, just not the way I meant. I'll just go with that I guess.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Just noticed there is a demo for Far Cry 4. I am still on the fence about this game, but most of me is into the buy this game camp.

I don't think it's an actual demo, you need a key to Kyrat from a friend.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spalec posted:

I don't think it's an actual demo, you need a key to Kyrat from a friend.

Well that is misleading and I should file a class action lawsuit about it. :mad: But no for real, it says demo. :( Well i'm gonna buy the game anyways so whatever.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Well that is misleading and I should file a class action lawsuit about it. :mad: But no for real, it says demo. :( Well i'm gonna buy the game anyways so whatever.

I can give you a key if you want. I don't want to play co-op Far Cry right now but I think there's matchmaking to play with strangers?? (It's a co-op only demo)

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 18, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

I can give you a key if you want. I don't want to play co-op Far Cry right now but I think there's matchmaking to play with strangers?? (It's a co-op only demo)

Nah i'm good, i'm just gonna buy the game. Thanks tho. :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Nah i'm good, i'm just gonna buy the game. Thanks tho. :)

No problem, it is very fun :)

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I said come in! posted:

He's actually 20 now, but will forever look like a 13 year old, and have the mental capacity of a toddler.
I bet he never even blew up action figures or shot guns at video game machines like the Smart and Cool posters of the Something Awful games forum.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Surlaw posted:

I bet he never even blew up action figures or shot guns at video game machines like the Smart and Cool posters of the Something Awful games forum.

Probably not, but he does drive drunk (despite being under age) or high (despite being illegal) a lot.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Surlaw posted:

Someone on a video games forum is defending justin bieber. Well now i've seen it all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you'll just jealous he had more money at 16 then you'll ever see

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Twibbit posted:

so is the T a typo you had when registering an account....

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aishan posted:

Has anyone played much of the new free-to-play offering Loadout? It seems potentially rife with pay-to-win problems, as you start out with absolute garbage weapon parts, but if you paid them some money you'd be able to get some decent gear.

I've only really tried the horde-mode style campaign levels so far, and even the second one seemed unreasonably tough to finish with what they offer you to start.

You only have to spend real money if you want to buy specific parts, you can get random chests from the "blue" money you get from doing the campaign. You can narrow it down to specific damage types as well. The game is really terrible for newbies though, especially how when you look at the customization screen its just chock full of stuff you don't own.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played a little bit of Far Cry 4. I can already tell this is the game that I wish Destiny was.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

I said come in! posted:

It mentions needing keys to Kyrat.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Wandle Cax posted:

Someone on a video games forum is defending justin bieber. Well now i've seen it all.

I mean he's pretty dumb but look at where we are right now.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Surlaw posted:

I mean he's pretty dumb but look at where we are right now.

People like to say that but 99% of getting rich is luck and inheritance

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Got my new work phone today. Xperia Z3
:pervert:

Didn't have any time to play destiny today, so I picked up all the Eris bounties via remote play. The future is now!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Bass Bottles posted:

Hey if you (or whoever) still has one of those Keys to the Kyrat Car handy I'd like to give it a whirl... Already downloaded it and everything.

(then got annoyed after I linked uplay and did all of their hoops only to find out you needed a key do you really WANT me to play this, Ubi?) :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirios posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, Rayman's pretty great but not lets use hyperbole here...Mario 3D World's loving amazing.

Rayman is better than mario in a lot of ways. Mario is better than rayman in a lot of ways.

I think rayman is more fun because it is all about speed, flow, and never making mistakes. plus the music is incredible.

You may like the powerups, and more varied mechanics of mario more.

its impossible to not like either game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Math You posted:

Got my new work phone today. Xperia Z3
:pervert:

Didn't have any time to play destiny today, so I picked up all the Eris bounties via remote play. The future is now!

been doing gta missions on my new vita. loving it as well.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Hey if you (or whoever) still has one of those Keys to the Kyrat Car handy I'd like to give it a whirl... Already downloaded it and everything.

(then got annoyed after I linked uplay and did all of their hoops only to find out you needed a key do you really WANT me to play this, Ubi?) :v:

Send me a friend request (PSN: Salmonbottle) and I'll send you a key. I have 9, so anyone else who wants one, just send me a friend request and maybe a message asking for a key. (You need to be friends to send keys lol)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Bass Bottles posted:

Send me a friend request (PSN: Salmonbottle) and I'll send you a key. I have 9, so anyone else who wants one, just send me a friend request and maybe a message asking for a key. (You need to be friends to send keys lol)

Will do - I'll hit you up after I get off work. Thanks dude :tipshat:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With the massive Sony hack that happened, I wonder if anything confidential about the PS4 will get leaked. Like real sensitive information about the hardware security.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I said come in! posted:

With the massive Sony hack that happened, I wonder if anything confidential about the PS4 will get leaked. Like real sensitive information about the hardware security.

I think the only stuff that got hacked was related to Sony Pictures. I think anything related to SCE is still safe.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Unless Sony really is that cavalier with their security and compartmentalization.

Which, umm.

Maybe?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

It was Sony Pictures that was hacked so it's extremely unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Fighting game duders, what have you been picking up for sticks? Mad Catz's TEs or importing Hori HRAPs?

• Locked thread