Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone who thinks there's no teamwork need only look at Team Free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I find myself wondering if it'd be possible to icon-GIF Tatsuya's arrival. The Church of the Latter-Day Meijin should be a thing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
This will stop being funny when it stops being true

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So, still posting images of Sekai with his hand elbow-deep in Fumina's rear end? Oh, a severed torso? Ok.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Green Intern posted:

So, still posting images of Sekai with his hand elbow-deep in Fumina's rear end? Oh, a severed torso? Ok.

Still posting funny jokes, yes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It might be a severed torso but it is a comical severed torso, the kind that would not be out of place in a cartoon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Also clearly it's not shoved into the torso, the BB grabs a handle on the base of the winning knuckle. Learn the lore.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
99 animes ja nai
99 animes ja nai
You jack one Gundam
Pass it around
98 animes ja nai

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

My god

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also a bit of oddity;

The Mega Shiki is not a customized Hyaku Shiki. It's a customized Delta Gundam, according to the model kit info.

KoB
May 1, 2009

I love the little tie clip.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I wish this version of the red warrior was cooler instead of being just kind of ok because I really like that gundam

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ImpAtom posted:

Also a bit of oddity;

The Mega Shiki is not a customized Hyaku Shiki. It's a customized Delta Gundam, according to the model kit info.

HGUC Hyaku Shiki is old as poo poo, this isn't actually that weird.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

BlitzBlast posted:

A character from last season was a world tournament veteran using a 1/144 Tallgeese, and it wasn't one of the "incredible master builder" characters either. Kit age has seemingly never been relevant outside of the one gag with Ral's antique gouf if the builder is competent.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I meant more that Bandai probably didn't want to reuse the old HGUC Hyaku Shiki's mold when the more modern Delta Gundam was right there. So far Try has been doing their best to avoid another Build mkII/Qubeley Papillion situation; the oldest reused mold is the HGUC Powered GM, which was pretty much right on the cusp of modern HGs anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

My life is complete.:swoon:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Also a bit of oddity;

Ok, now I have a bit of faith in the kit, mostly because Hyaku Shiki was like HGUC #06 or something like that. We're talking Qubeley early and the point where the RX-78 wasn't even in the line yet.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I find it p weird due to the Mega Shiki name!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Amazing Exia was based off the Exia RII, and nobody complained there!

Delta's the theoretical prototype to the Hyaku Shiki anyway, so it's not all that radical of a change. It'd be like making a customized Tallgeese that incorporated Tallgeese III parts.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Wait does this mean old HG kits such as the Z'Gok are not very good?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Amazing Exia was based off the Exia RII, and nobody complained there!

Delta's the theoretical prototype to the Hyaku Shiki anyway, so it's not all that radical of a change. It'd be like making a customized Tallgeese that incorporated Tallgeese III parts.

~*bLiNg GuNdAm*~

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know what the gently caress is up with the Mega Shiki because it seems that the color keeps changing every time I see a new image of it. Like 4 different shades of blues and purples since the first images started to come out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know what the gently caress is up with the Mega Shiki because it seems that the color keeps changing every time I see a new image of it. Like 4 different shades of blues and purples since the first images started to come out.

The early display models are generally fancy painted-up versions. The last wave of them before release tend to be what you're actually getting in a kit.

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I meant more that Bandai probably didn't want to reuse the old HGUC Hyaku Shiki's mold when the more modern Delta Gundam was right there. So far Try has been doing their best to avoid another Build mkII/Qubeley Papillion situation; the oldest reused mold is the HGUC Powered GM, which was pretty much right on the cusp of modern HGs anyway.

Well at least they improved on one thing from the original series :v:.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So it just struck me why I find Yuuma's angsting about his dark past even more grating.

It's not only that it's taking something way too seriously for the show's premise (although it is), it's that something like this already happened to someone else, in show, and the reaction was vastly different.

In episode 4 after Sakai spends the entirety of his fight poo poo-talking Sekai, calling him a noob scrub who doesn't understand his Gunpla and a loser who's only good for beating up little kids, and then ends the fight by completely thrashing Sekai, hot-blooded burning spirit power up and all. Minato as presented in that episode is simply a huge jerk, not the socially awkward dork that we see more of in later episodes, and in his first appearance he doesn't really behave any better than Saga did.

The sum total of Sekai's reaction to all this is, 'Huh... he's got a point there. Time for a training montage.'

Compare this to Yuuma, who quit Gunpla battling altogether for two years.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pureauthor posted:

So it just struck me why I find Yuuma's angsting about his dark past even more grating.

Another thing that makes it completely dumb is he pulls a full 180 whenever Mirai is involved. I know it's for comedy, but there's a difference between the stern quiet archetype and "HE DONE BROKE MY GUNDAMS YEARS AGO :qq:". Dude needs some bipolar meds.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

It's not only that it's taking something way too seriously for the show's premise (although it is), it's that something like this already happened to someone else, in show, and the reaction was vastly different.

In episode 4 after Sakai spends the entirety of his fight poo poo-talking Sekai, calling him a noob scrub who doesn't understand his Gunpla and a loser who's only good for beating up little kids, and then ends the fight by completely thrashing Sekai, hot-blooded burning spirit power up and all. Minato as presented in that episode is simply a huge jerk, not the socially awkward dork that we see more of in later episodes, and in his first appearance he doesn't really behave any better than Saga did.

The sum total of Sekai's reaction to all this is, 'Huh... he's got a point there. Time for a training montage.'

That didn't even occur to me, what the hell. Yuuma really is the worst.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

It's time for China-slap.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's just, I have seen my fair share of sports anime and Yuuma's angst is by far the dumbest I have seen in the genre. And people in sports anime can angst over the most inane things!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Wait does this mean old HG kits such as the Z'Gok are not very good?

Kiiiiind of? A kit's quality is very much a relative thing. Early HGUCs aren't very impressive compared to what Bandai makes now, but they're still miles ahead of the old 1/144s. Bandai doesn't remake non-RX-78-2 kits very often either, so often those older HGs are your only real option anyways.

HG Z'Gok is a faithful model kit of the design (if you compare it to the recent RG they basically have the same proportions), so on that metric it's a good kit. But you can't really do much with it since Bandai's engineering at the time wasn't quite good enough to make up for the design's quirks, so on that metric it's kind of a bad kit. It's all very complicated so most people usually just impose a blanket "everything before the HGUC CCA line is an old kit and is therefore bad".

For comparison, HGUC Victory is a super recent kit and has the articulation/engineering to match, but it has such hilariously awful proportions that if that's what you care about, it's a bad kit.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Kiiiiind of? A kit's quality is very much a relative thing. Early HGUCs aren't very impressive compared to what Bandai makes now, but they're still miles ahead of the old 1/144s. Bandai doesn't remake non-RX-78-2 kits very often either, so often those older HGs are your only real option anyways.

There's probably going to be at least a couple of UC kits this year if they push more of The Origin beyond the OVA. I can't see them not doing at least the RX-78-02, GM and Guntank/cannons,.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's probably going to be at least a couple of UC kits this year if they push more of The Origin beyond the OVA. I can't see them not doing at least the RX-78-02, GM and Guntank/cannons,.

They've announced the Guntank and Char's Zaku II, dunno about anything else.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/11/hg-1144-rtx-65-guntank-early-type_20.html
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/11/hg-1144-char-aznable-zaku-ii-gundam_20.html

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I know. Hence "beyond the OVA" :v:.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know. Hence "beyond the OVA" :v:.

Sorry, I thought that was the Guntank you wanted them to do. I want another Gouf, personally.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pureauthor posted:

Yes, but as we've established, Sekai is Generic Martial Arts Shonen Protagonist #8675309; being able to deal with a loss gracefully, learn from it, and use it to grow stronger is something he's probably had drilled into him by his master during his backstory, so him not going into an angst spiral over losing a fight isn't really all that surprising.

From what I gathered from this episode and past ones, Saga basically challenged Yuuma 2 years ago for the express purpose of showing off by curbstomping a former world champion's disciple, then rubbed the kid's face in it for shits and giggles.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

That's not really fair Sekai didn't really care that much about gunpla at all. Hell he only likes it because he can use his martial arts against opponents. He realized he had to understand gunpla better to do better in the fights

Yuuma's quite different He really did care about gunpla building and battling and really understood it. After he was taught by Sei, a world champion. From what we could tell he worked his rear end off in making his gunpla. Having someone completely destroy you and calls you poo poo, I could see why want to quit over that. The two situations are quite different.

I still think people get way too huffy over Yuuma, but hey.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sekai seems like he worked his rear end off for his martial arts and has some mysterious awesome person that trained him. If he lost to someone in a martial arts competition or w/e it would be a similar circumstance and he would probably not mope about it and act cold towards his friends for 2 years.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

BlitzBlast posted:

For comparison, HGUC Victory is a super recent kit and has the articulation/engineering to match, but it has such hilariously awful proportions that if that's what you care about, it's a bad kit.

I like the Victory. Is it because it has katoki-barbie legs and a peanut for a head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This might be a revelation to some, but not every person reacts the exact same way

• Locked thread