Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Marc Stevens also got tapped in Strikeforce right after that season ended.

Also GSP tricked Koscheck into giving up #1 pick Michael Johnson by printing a huge visible list with Stevens as his #1 pick, since he knew that Stevens and Kos were buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Marc Stevens also got tapped in Strikeforce right after that season ended.

Also GSP tricked Koscheck into giving up #1 pick Michael Johnson by printing a huge visible list with Stevens as his #1 pick, since he knew that Stevens and Kos were buddies.

Watching GSP lay out his plan ahead of time, Kos get completely suckered, and then cutting back to GSP raising the roof in an interview segment is probably one of my top 5 TUF moments

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

fatherdog posted:

Watching GSP lay out his plan ahead of time, Kos get completely suckered, and then cutting back to GSP raising the roof in an interview segment is probably one of my top 5 TUF moments

The best part is that apparently Georges told the story to his team over and over throughout filming, and they were all like "Yeah, sure Georges", and then it aired and they were amazed it went down exactly like he said it did.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ken hustling Tito in pool is a top treacherous coach moment as well.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

And Bisping slipping off that pool table. Almost anything but the fights made TUF worthwhile.

E: :doh:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 19, 2014

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

red19fire posted:

And Bisping slipping off that pool table. Almost anything but the fights made TUF worthwhile.

Air Hockey.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Remember when Karo blew up at Nate Diaz, and Nate was more confused then he was angry?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dangersim posted:

Remember when Karo blew up at Nate Diaz, and Nate was more confused then he was angry?

christ almighty tuf could be really, really good sometimes.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I wish there was some way for there to be people on tuff all the time who are actually good at fighting but also diverse weirdos, instead of one type of weirdo who is bad at fighting copy pasted 20 times.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dangersim posted:

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it before: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2a509_goofydiazvskaro_sport

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Didn't he guillotine Koscheck's favourite idiot twice in the same season? That justifies a career right there.

eleven aND OOOONNNNEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M80HqjHvV0

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Joke is that Cody could probably make a living traveling the country to bjj gyms and teaching his guillotine

Nobody really hits it like him

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
When there is an argument, and you come across as irrational relative to a Diaz, you're probably Armenian there is something wrong with you

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ditch posted:

When there is an argument, and you come across as irrational relative to a Diaz, you're probably Armenian there is something wrong with you

Manny had an even funnier one earlier on in the show http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v20740740cac

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

origami posted:

Joke is that Cody could probably make a living traveling the country to bjj gyms and teaching his guillotine

Nobody really hits it like him

Dude has a really slick guillotine. Could someone go slap him in his alcoholic face and yell, "YOU COULD MAKE SOME MONEY DOING THIS IF YOU CONCENTRATE ON NOT BEING A gently caress UP!"

Also, I've had an idea. Was this the thread with all the Z-League Scandinavian fights?

Basically, I like to travel and don't have much money. Judging by how bad those fighters are...could I somehow go overseas to get poo poo stomped as, "HERE IS AN AMERICAN FIGHTER MAN HE IS SO VERY PALE!" and finance my trip in doing so?

Yes, I'm fully aware this is the worst idea I've ever had.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Well, Z-league Russian fights. Probably could find plenty of z-leagues in Scandinavia though, just go to tapology, click on fightcenter and scroll through the events. Here, I found one in Sweden that looks right up your alley: http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/28459-trophy-mma-5-new-years-bang

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

coconono posted:

Cody's plan: attack the leg. a lot.

At the very least, his performance shows that I have what it takes to be a (very bad) professional fighter. I'm great at only half finishing take downs.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Yes you definitely should do that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

individual865 posted:

Well, Z-league Russian fights. Probably could find plenty of z-leagues in Scandinavia though, just go to tapology, click on fightcenter and scroll through the events. Here, I found one in Sweden that looks right up your alley: http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/28459-trophy-mma-5-new-years-bang

My God. I think my willingness to get severely damaged overseas could be the best idea I've ever had. I've always wanted to see those parts of the world.

Now to just figure out how to get them to pay me to come fight.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
do you look like you work out? maybe that would seal the deal

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
titanFC - "he doesnt' like the nickname Quick Nick, he would like his nickname to be Panther or Ninja"

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

Those Z-leagues don't pay poo poo, you'll never even recoup the price of your plane ticket.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Before the whole civil war thing I seriously considered flying to the Ukraine to fight in one of the audience participation Oplots.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Really I just wanted to bang one of the ring girls, and if I had to fight a man in a cage to do that, so be it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I was gonna say that 50$ and some vodka would probably be easier than a fight but Oplot so who knows

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

yo man if you're into sex tourism with eastern bloc women you probably don't need to be on the receiving end of brain damage to do it

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

yo man if you're into sex tourism with eastern bloc women you probably don't need to be on the receiving end of brain damage to do it

Actually that's probably not true, one way or the other

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah but it makes the story a lot better.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

:doh: yeah the more i thought about it

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
So basically all of the weekend warrior goons should band together and challenge a country we want to visit to a big ole MMA ho down.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

So basically all of the weekend warrior goons should band together and challenge a country we want to visit to a big ole MMA ho down.

I can make 145, and probably 135 with a couple months to prep. Let's challenge Slovenia.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

CommonShore posted:

I can make 145, and probably 135 with a couple months to prep. Let's challenge Slovenia.

Depending on news I get from a neurosurgeon in January about something that could possibly keep me from training contact sports ever again, I am more and more liking the idea of an internation weekend warrior goon throwdown with a random country. We would all probably die, it would be filmed, as would be something to tel our grandkids about.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I have virtually no martial arts experience and I'd be a heavyweight with none of Roy Nelson's strengths and all of his weaknesses, but I would order SomethingAwplot.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
e-

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

"Bluedeanie" posted:

SomethingAwplot.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

If my neurologist clears me I say you and I...and as many other idiots we can get should train our rear end off for a year and go get beaten to death on RUSSIAN TELEVISION PRAISE PUTIN!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6uwjyNp08&feature=youtu.be

James is helping a friend of his with a fashion vlog...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

willie_dee posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6uwjyNp08&feature=youtu.be

James is helping a friend of his with a fashion vlog...

This made my day.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
So this thing happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMNrC8bjhx8

Getting stiff limbs on a knock out is always entertaining. I wish more fighters would do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Kanthulhu posted:

So this thing happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMNrC8bjhx8

Getting stiff limbs on a knock out is always entertaining. I wish more fighters would do that.

That guy was throwing his jab out and doing that rookie thing of leaving it out there and admiring it... his best talent is probably getting knocked out funny