Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ekallo
Oct 13, 2006
what

these

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Merry Christmas folks, just an update on my Arcane Helmet stock!

Espirit went to Emalde and Hemlock is earmarked for Xanadore.

That leaves Flux, Coil and Essence still up for grabs! Let me know if you want one!

If the Coil helm is still available I'll gladly take it off your hands, that bonus range sounds pretty fantastic. Ekallo in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donut Ouroboros
Mar 12, 2013

SaffronKit posted:

Chai_Tea, and I'm MR11: Imperator syandana and a clan insignia
Oop, I already have both of those things. I'd like some Edo armor, or really, any decorative stuff that isn't them!

Cthulwhat and Kyte have brand-new potatoes, by the way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Speaking of Hydroid, any tips on using him well? Still levelling him up and I'm using 1 a hell of a lot while 4 is only an occasional use. 2 and 3 seem quite situational and not sure how best to use those yet.

Unrelated, I devastated my stockpiles of polymer bundles to craft energy restores and now I have a crippling addiction to them.

Reduce range, increase duration, spam 1. That's pretty much it. Hydroid is good at locking down areas and nothing else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I was hoping his puddle ability would trivialize stuff like infested defenses. :\

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Donut Ouroboros posted:

Oop, I already have both of those things. I'd like some Edo armor, or really, any decorative stuff that isn't them!

That's cool, I've updated the list tonight of what everyone's been gifting and asking for! Keep checking it folks, I will be updating it steadily tonight.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Donut Ouroboros posted:

Thank you very much!

Azran posted:

What's your ingame name? Couldn't find you in the clan.

I'm not in the clan actually. :ssh:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I was hoping his puddle ability would trivialize stuff like infested defenses. :\

It could lock down giant swarms of infested, yes. But since they can't be damaged by anything but the puddle itself all you accomplish is dragging things out. Also, it tar moas won't get close enough so even that marginal utility is gone. I suspect that he might get more useful if they add augments for his useful powers, though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Yooooou forgot to say something in your post though. :v:

Argh sorry, Bukowski606. If I missed out, that's okay, thanks for helping goons out :)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Ekallo posted:

If the Coil helm is still available I'll gladly take it off your hands, that bonus range sounds pretty fantastic. Ekallo in-game.

Got ya on the list!

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I have a synoid gammacore & tomorrow a telos akbolto to trade. Looking for New Loka/Perrin Sequence weapons and/or to just sell them. Posting this here in case anyone wants to setup a trade. I am not in a rush. I just want to be sure I buy all my hexis/suda crap before I start leveling steel meridian.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Completely unrelated to Tennomas and gifting, I just decided to glance at my card drops to see just how much money I've spent on this game over the course of the time I've played it, and I'd just like to nominate a title for the eventual new thread.

I'm spoilering it in case y'all are a bunch of scrooges who grow faint of heart when you see money frivously spent.

$978.77 aka why have I spent almost $1,000 on this terrible game. :shepspends:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Santa Tenno's Helmet Jamboree Update!

I have just hand delivered the following helmets!

To Gene_Freak a shiny new Essence.

To Ekallo a brand new Coil.

And to Xanadore a wonderfully preserved Hemlock.

I hope you all enjoy!

I still have one helmet left looking for a new owner. An Arcane Flux. Let me know if you would like it! Remember, taking it to gift to another player is also acceptable.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
Someone sell me a arcane locust helmet

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SaffronKit posted:

Completely unrelated to Tennomas and gifting, I just decided to glance at my card drops to see just how much money I've spent on this game over the course of the time I've played it, and I'd just like to nominate a title for the eventual new thread.

I'm spoilering it in case y'all are a bunch of scrooges who grow faint of heart when you see money frivously spent.

:staredog:

What do you even spend all that poo poo on?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

If Santa Tenno is still hooking people up, I would love a Mesa, or failing that a Vauban so I can stop camping dumb alerts that keep happening while I'm at work.

Relentlesser in game!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SaffronKit posted:

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Is that the new Tyl Regor model? I mean, its an underwater tile set but...

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kyte posted:

Funny, I've heard people say WF needs to take more from ME3MP.

I said this in game but I would literally pay $100 for a Platinum-designed Warframe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They already made a hyper robot ninja game.

Also it's on sale for $6 at the moment: http://store.steampowered.com/app/235460/

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

vOv posted:

I said this in game but I would literally pay $100 for a Platinum-designed Warframe.
Next frame is probably gonna be male, so I propose that they straight up drop in Gene from God Hand.

Also replace Vor and Kril on Phobos with Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

SaffronKit posted:

Some games are worth spending some money and having fun with. This is a pretty good game. I've spent a bunch of money on a silly phone game this year and have enjoyed myself.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Helter Skelter posted:

Next frame is probably gonna be male, so I propose that they straight up drop in Gene from God Hand.

Also replace Vor and Kril on Phobos with Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver.

So who's Elvis, Vay Hek?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SynthOrange posted:

:staredog:

What do you even spend all that poo poo on?

Mostly Prime access stuff and really early on when I wasn't aware of how to get things I spent a bunch of dumb money on the plat packs when I didn't always have the discount tokens.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

MrPants posted:

Some games are worth spending some money and having fun with. This is a pretty good game. I've spent a bunch of money on a silly phone game this year and have enjoyed myself.

I think I've put about ~~$200 in total into it since i've been playing? Definitely worth it. I've put money into games that I've never got a fun-return on (Cough cough Starbound).

But yeah. If you like the game, then supporting it is great. I doubt I'd have played as much or for as long if it wasn't a F2P game either.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

vOv posted:

While I wish I could agree (Platinum makes very well-designed games), they're not so hot on the shooting and my frustrations with their challenges (thinking MGR's VR mode and Jetstream Sam oh so much) turns me off the idea.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kyte posted:

they're not so hot on the shooting

Vanquish owned, actually.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

kirbysuperstar posted:

Vanquish owned, actually.

It would if it were out for PC. It's not, so by definition it cannot own.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kyte posted:

It would if it were out for PC. It's not, so by definition it cannot own.

It's amazing how wrong a person can be in just one sentence.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
For real, if you haven't played Vanquish, you're missing out. Not even talking about watching videos or even an LP of it, you don't quite get that Platinum magic unless you play it yourself.

If Kamiya was the design head for Warframe, it would be Vanquish.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's amazing how wrong a person can be in just one sentence.

PC wannabes don't count for these things. :colbert:

(Also I can't afford consoles or games)

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

SaffronKit posted:

Alright Tenno boys and girls, it's time for another round for Tenno Claus's cannons to start firing. Unfortunately Tenno Santa needs YOUR help to get everyone the things they'd like the most! If you guys have some plat hanging around feel free to chip in on some of the catalysts, big things to necrobob, Shalvat, Azran and Pierson all for chipping in to help out already!

To help you all out, here is Tenno Santa's list of things people wrote to him about.

Amrypooins -something cool
Cheeseboigah- something cool
CronoSMagnum, rank 7 : Mesa or Tenno color palette.
forest_spirit mastery level 8: Daedalus armor
Inkitatus (Mastery 9) - Nekros, Mesa, Vauban or Trinity.
DaniWinter Rank 9 - catalysts
Cryophage, Rank 9: catalysts
Hurion, rank 9: weapon
waffleface ingame, rank 9: dendra/edo shoulders or liset pattern
Fightest, MR 10: Imperator syndana

NeoCrimson, Mastery 11: Mesa
Chai_Tea, and I'm MR11: Edo Armor
Fruitboots, rank 11: Para sentinal
xYoRdLePrYdEx : catalysts and reactors

Ekallo, Mastery 12: Para carrier
Synthorange - Harkonar shoulders
Eigo, Mastery 12: Liset decorations
Tallgeese, MR12: Twilight Colorset
CosmicAfro, Rank 14: syndana
Watlok in-game, MR14: Credit Booster
JJ842 ingame (MR 15): twilight palette
Dudermancer, Mastery Rank 16 - catalysts

Evelot - Rank 17: Lotus Color palette
Sprecherscrow, Mastery Rank 17: any syndana
Nazariy: cool things

CronoSMagnum, rank 7 : Mesa
Inkitatus (Mastery 9) - Mesa
DaniWinter Rank 9 - 5 catalysts
Cryophage, Rank 9: 5 catalysts
Hurion, rank 9: Opticor
waffleface ingame, rank 9: dendra armor

Ran out of gifts for today.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shalhavet posted:

CronoSMagnum, rank 7 : Mesa
Inkitatus (Mastery 9) - Mesa
DaniWinter Rank 9 - 5 catalysts
Cryophage, Rank 9: 5 catalysts
Hurion, rank 9: Opticor
waffleface ingame, rank 9: dendra armor

Ran out of gifts for today.

Updated the master list with these, thanks again Shalhavet! Sorry for mutilating your name whenever I don't have it in front of me. :shobon:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

To Gene_Freak a shiny new Essence.

My plans, loosely describable as "never stop mashing 2 and swinging for home runs," just got a lot more practical. It's A Goddamn Christmas Miracle Charlie Brown, never taking it off, thanks!

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hi, Tenno Santa! Is it too late to change that to a Clan Emblem? I totally forgot THAT existed at all.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

DoombatINC posted:

My plans, loosely describable as "never stop mashing 2 and swinging for home runs," just got a lot more practical. It's A Goddamn Christmas Miracle Charlie Brown, never taking it off, thanks!
You realize that it's cosmetic only, right?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Helter Skelter posted:

You realize that it's cosmetic only, right?

The arcane helms retain their old stat benefits from the bygone days. Essence gives a 15% energy efficiency bonus at the cost of 5% armor. I tested it on a couple of runs, even.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
If the guy really got you an Arcane Essense helmet, that's some top-tier Tenno Santa-ing, goddamn.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

tlarn posted:

If the guy really got you an Arcane Essense helmet, that's some top-tier Tenno Santa-ing, goddamn.

I'd say it's equally likely that DE hosed something up with a Hotfix and accidentally gave the 'cosmetic only' helmets back their stat changes. They've broken worse with less :downsgun:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'd say it's equally likely that DE hosed something up with a Hotfix and accidentally gave the 'cosmetic only' helmets back their stat changes. They've broken worse with less :downsgun:

It's trivial to check and realize this is not what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

tlarn posted:

Yeah. All the helmets I've gifted were Arcane.

Because it's Christmas.

Also: Thank you Tenno Claus Shalhavet! I now am the proud owner of a Brand New, 2015 Mesa!

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 19, 2014