Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
For December I oath these 4 GW moonscape craters. I needed two pictures to get both the time and the craters visible. Hope that is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005

Dagon posted:

I'm in your pot and will send you a PM with my picks shortly.

:siren:Signal and Illudere:siren: PM me or email chris@lees-lists.com for your DriveThruRPG gift cert prize!

Email sent!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath: An Earthbreaker
This is from Privateer Press.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition

Three drowned, Jakuuna Ubuume, and Datsue Ba from Malifaux/Wyrd. The last one is really poorly primed from some other jackoff, so that's why she's kinda blackish.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: December oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming themed group.

Claiming INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL: WEATHERING!

Using my own custom rust wash on all the metal, then sponging on dark brown and terra cotta paints I get my corroded Death Skull Orkz!

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 16, 2014

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I, FROOOOOOOOG Oath some minis for Tam's Company, from Madness at Gardmore Abbey

(Reaper Bones)
((for reference))

I don't think I can technically get Box Art for this, but getting more D&D minis painted is always good~

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Oath this sister of battle that I'm using as a D&D character, and this plane that I designed and had printed

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to get off my lazy rear end this December and paint (1) Unicorn and (1) set of Special Edition Holiday Mouslings!

Both from Reaper; the unicorn is unprimed Bones, 28mm; the Mouslings are, um, whatever the hell scale Mouslings are supposed to be (and also primed metal).  The clip in the right-hand foreground is holding the sprue with the snowman's stick-arms.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, oath the following models: Fu Ni Hao, two Shadows(28 mm, Kraken Miniatures) and two Winterguard Infantry(Privateer Press, 28 mm)

Just some stuff that's been lying around, could be useful for generic rpgs/wargames.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, oath 4 heroes and 2 tentacles from the shadows of brimstone board game

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, Oath three Reaper Bones rats

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Three rats, with a Jurnal of "weathering" in the form of bloody teeth and claws, as well as a not-so-visible green wash over the stones that was meant to evoke algae or moss. And I think this counts for speedpainting too?

Super lovely, but I'm about to go to Sydney for two weeks over Christmas and I can't do anything more.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Busy month so far, finally got enough free time to decide on an Oath.

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of December 2014:
1 Converted Eversork Assassin (I really wish I'd had this idea a few months back)
1 big Space Marine statue

Both 28mm from Games Workshop.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Okay, as punishment for screwing up last month, I'm going to attempt a Speed Paint on this unicorn:

Wish me luck!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

krushgroove posted:

:siren: PRIZE WINNERS! :siren:
Everyone - as I mentioned above, email is easier for me to deal with, so if you haven't been in touch yet about prizes please email me at krushgroove169@gmail.com - this means you don't have to have a Platinum account to PM me!

I actually haven't had many people get in touch about prizes this time around, I'm not sure if that means people aren't bothered about getting their prizes or they just expect me to send out prizes because I already have your address from last time.

Up to now, I've been operating on the default of 'prize winners get in touch', but maybe this is the wrong approach? There were several instances in the last thread where prizewinner's choices had to be delayed because someone didn't tell me what they wanted from the Grab Bag, Troll Trader prizes, etc. Should I assume people who don't get in touch don't want their prizes? Opinions?

I know we've been running a little late on draws, etc., the last couple of months...but even so I would have expected more people to get in touch.
Sorry, I haven't checked up on this thread for a fair while. I actually had no idea I'd actually win something, especially after my first oath! Email sent, hopefully it isn't too late

EDIT: I have no idea if/what the limit is for Dragonforge :shobon:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 20, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 1 biker, 1 burna boy and 1 cybork, all GW 28mm

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

The Jurnal is the rust on the skeletons armor and stuff.

Here are some other images:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Was hoping some bases would come in for a specific project this month, but time is running out, so it's time for a stopgap oath.

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Games Workshop Chaos Space Marine

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath Complete!

I'm pretty happy with this guy overall. There are a few highlights on the carapace that should have been done better, and I'd like to have gotten some feathering done instead of edge highlights over most of it. But for my second attempt at a tyranid, I think it came out perfectly fine for the tabletop.

Claiming journal for the yucky birthing fluid.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Okay, as punishment for screwing up last month, I'm going to attempt a Speed Paint on this unicorn:

Wish me luck!

And Speed Painting Complete!

I'll be posting the finished oath a bit later; right now I'm going to resume frantically cleaning my place. Frickin' holidays....

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

December Oath!

I, lovestick, do oath 7 wall sections from 4ground in 28mm scale and 1 Grey Knight terminator from Games Workshop in 28mm.

I still wanted to do an alternative universe oath but never was sure how to post it. :ssh:

krushgroove posted:

I...can't remember my answer to this same question previously, someone brought it up a while back. I'll have to dig back through my posts!

Here's a picture I had taken of my stuff I wanted to alternative universe, let me know if this is ok. I just want to give this a go because the oath thread keeps me motivated!

lovestick fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 21, 2014

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:unsmigghh:OCTOBER JUDGMENTS:unsmigghh:
It's not too late to catch up!!

1 point - moths

These are fantastic. The green is deep and suitably tanky. The weathering is looking good, there's a nice coherency with the muddy spatter around the tracks and the dusting higher up on the chassis. The details are amazingly crisp, and integrate well with the underlying green. The tangibly aged flag and tank commander (whose expression appears to be acute ennui) make your St Jude tank stand out tastefully amidst the others.

2 points - SRM

Splendid work, those assault marines particularly jump (ahaha) out at me. All the sculpted details have had care and thought put into their relationship to the scheme, and there are plenty more details painted on besides. The pose of the middle chap makes me worried for his fingers. Don't turn it on, dude! I like the scheme on the russ as well, another success in subtly modernizing the classic look. The turret and banner designs are excellent, as is the middle gun with the sumptuous framed black/yellow aquila.

3 Points - lovestick

That guy really doesn't want to get slimed. One of the things I like most about this diorama is that it portrays a different kind of scene to the epic duels and juicy battle moments most dioramas represent. It's a scene of mundane marauding, the kind of thing the peasantry just has to deal with everyday. Gnoblars, those fuckers. Your painting reinforces this without stealing the show, it's neat and detailed, not too snazzy. I should also mention that board is looking great, and your genestealers are totally spot-on. Those veiny temples and beady yellow eyes. Very nice.

Bonus Jurnal Point - Laika the Space Dog

So much to love about this. A fun idea very well executed, and a showcase of a truly legit bitz box. The tiny ultramarines! The coffee mug! Pretty great, but I think it was the glasses that won me. Promoting literacy is broad, but an undeniably good thing. The amount of work and character you put into this is joyous to behold.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Gremlins

Deathwing Knights

I'm claiming this month's Journal (Weathering) with the Knight's bases, namely the rust spots, chipped paint, and broken electrical wires.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 21, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Three armored cars

closeup of command vehicle

Two TACAM R-2 self-propelled guns

closeup of crew

Jurnal is the weathering throughout: muddy tracks and chipped paint. This is a themed group (Romanian support vehicles), despite the different colors!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:orks101: Oath Competed!

A quick turn around this time, was expecting to be far busier at the weekend. First time using GW Technical paints, I'm impressed with them so far.

Big Space Marine Statue. Jurnal is the verdigris and streaky dirt on the statue plus some dirt in the cracks on the stone plinth, though it didn't show too well in the pics.

Shankfist, the Eversork. Semi Jurnal'd with the gory stabber. Converted from Snikrot, 'Counts As' an Eversor Assassin.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

There isn't any flags in the stuff I usually paint so I made one to stick on the Chaos Lord's base.

I missed a spot on the flag :(

I hope this will count as Fly your flag and it's weathered for this month's Journal.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Not my best work, but I tried out a load of new techniques - my first attempts at fire and water in a long time. So I'm happy with the work.

Journal is the blood on the Ettin's clubs.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Cybork big-shoota

Burnaboy

Warbiker

Jurnal: There is dirt and chipping paint all over the bike.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Christmas oathing 5 Mars Attacks US Marines, 28mm Mantic Games

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:ussr:OATH COMPLETE!:ussr:
Finished my first squad of Stormtroopers (don't you dare call them Militarum Tempestus!) for my Valhallans:

And just some detail of the bases, which have some grody old weathered helmets on them which I am using to claim the weathering theme:

These are obviously a Themed Group as well.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 5 oop metal Horrors and one converted Lord on Juggernaut. 28mm Citadel/Games Workshop. Themed Group for the horrors and probably the Journal on the Lord.

The horrors are primed white with a base coat of blue poorly slapped on. The Lord is unprimed but his base is still drying. I did that thing where you dilute PVA with 70% isopropyl and slather that cloudy poo poo on top, supposed to make a film over the sand so it will never fall off as you drybrush, but it takes for ever to dry this way.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Big catch-up! Sorry for the wait! Many of you have finished your Oaths that I've quoted below...I'll also be catching up with emails and PMs over the holiday break, so if you haven't heard back from me you should soon.

:siren: If you've won a prize draw in the last few months and haven't gotten in touch, email me (krushgroove169@gmail.com) or the person in charge of your prize (Dagon for DriveThruRPG prizes, etc.) :siren:

:siren: If you're not sure if you've won a prize draw, check the links in the OP, there are links to every prize draw post that Iris of Ether has done! :siren:

Ledgem posted:

Oathing for december 2014, The Archangel from Privateer Press

Also, as for prizes; I never did receive the grab bag item from the last thread. Or all the bases from dragon forge from the thread before, though I got half of that batch so eh.
I'll chase up what I can on the prizes that have gone missing. Email me with what you did get: krushgroove169@gmail.com

Signal posted:

Oath Addition!

From Corvus Belli/Infinity: two Extros, a Clipsos, a Kotail, and a Gao Rael (I think? These aren't mine, and Tohaa names are weird. Five alien dudes.)

Deanut Pancer posted:

For December I oath these 4 GW moonscape craters. I needed two pictures to get both the time and the craters visible. Hope that is ok.

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath: An Earthbreaker
This is from Privateer Press.

Signal posted:

Oath Addition
Three drowned, Jakuuna Ubuume, and Datsue Ba from Malifaux/Wyrd. The last one is really poorly primed from some other jackoff, so that's why she's kinda blackish.

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I, FROOOOOOOOG Oath some minis for Tam's Company, from Madness at Gardmore Abbey
(Reaper Bones)
((for reference))

I don't think I can technically get Box Art for this, but getting more D&D minis painted is always good~

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, Oath this sister of battle that I'm using as a D&D character, and this plane that I designed and had printed

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to get off my lazy rear end this December and paint (1) Unicorn and (1) set of Special Edition Holiday Mouslings!
Both from Reaper; the unicorn is unprimed Bones, 28mm; the Mouslings are, um, whatever the hell scale Mouslings are supposed to be (and also primed metal).  The clip in the right-hand foreground is holding the sprue with the snowman's stick-arms.

jodai posted:

I, jodai, oath the following models: Fu Ni Hao, two Shadows(28 mm, Kraken Miniatures) and two Winterguard Infantry(Privateer Press, 28 mm)

Just some stuff that's been lying around, could be useful for generic rpgs/wargames.

Android posted:

I, Android, oath 4 heroes and 2 tentacles from the shadows of brimstone board game

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, Oath three Reaper Bones rats

Zark the Damned posted:

Busy month so far, finally got enough free time to decide on an Oath.

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for the month of December 2014:
1 Converted Eversork Assassin (I really wish I'd had this idea a few months back)
1 big Space Marine statue

Both 28mm from Games Workshop.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Wish me luck!

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 1 biker, 1 burna boy and 1 cybork, all GW 28mm

JerryLee posted:

Was hoping some bases would come in for a specific project this month, but time is running out, so it's time for a stopgap oath.

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Games Workshop Chaos Space Marine

lovestick posted:

December Oath!

I, lovestick, do oath 7 wall sections from 4ground in 28mm scale and 1 Grey Knight terminator from Games Workshop in 28mm.

I still wanted to do an alternative universe oath but never was sure how to post it. :ssh:

Here's a picture I had taken of my stuff I wanted to alternative universe, let me know if this is ok. I just want to give this a go because the oath thread keeps me motivated!
Let's go with this as the Alternate Universe Oath for now, IIRC there's only one other one so far I may have had a minimum to make it a prize draw at the end of the year.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Christmas oathing 5 Mars Attacks US Marines, 28mm Mantic Games
All of the above Oaths are ACCEPTED

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 5 oop metal Horrors and one converted Lord on Juggernaut. 28mm Citadel/Games Workshop. Themed Group for the horrors and probably the Journal on the Lord.

The horrors are primed white with a base coat of blue poorly slapped on. The Lord is unprimed but his base is still drying. I did that thing where you dilute PVA with 70% isopropyl and slather that cloudy poo poo on top, supposed to make a film over the sand so it will never fall off as you drybrush, but it takes for ever to dry this way.
Your Lord on Juggernaut is fine and accepted, but your Horrors are definitely two colors...I can't even squint and pretend that's zenithal priming! :) I'm sure you've already done some more work on them and I wouldn't want to tell anyone to strip and re-do their work or prime over their work, so I'll assume you'll just leave out the Horrors for this month's Oath?

Again:
:siren: If you've won a prize draw in the last few months and haven't gotten in touch, email me (krushgroove169@gmail.com) or the person in charge of your prize (Dagon for DriveThruRPG prizes, etc.) :siren:

:siren: If you're not sure if you've won a prize draw, check the links in the OP, there are links to every prize draw post that Iris of Ether has done! :siren:

E: Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 25, 2014

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Final oath: Maximus! (Privateer Press)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

Final oath: Maximus! (Privateer Press)

Oath Accepted!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete! (A bit later than anticipated)

There's a very slight amount of weathering for this month's Journal, in the form of pigment-powder dirt on the unicorn's forelocks. e: "fetlocks," dammit
I don't have a picture with the finished models together, as they've already been given out separately as gifts. In case that poses a problem, I've included these pictures of them with time stamps. The complete gallery is here.

(Ironically, I finished the speed-painted one after the original oath and then got stuck enjoyed doing family things for 4 days.)

Happy Holidays, folks!

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 25, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath Complete

First try at a Black Legion model and it's about half stuff I'm happy with, half stuff where I very obviously just went :effort: with the deadline closing in and RL on the horizon.

Jurnal is the scorching on the melta barrel. Usually I do that effect with washes, this time I tried a drybrush-based method instead. It looks all right but I think I have some more practice to do with it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Great stuff! I forgot to mention on Christmas Day that you goons have until New Year's Day to finish your Oaths, so get crackin' on if you haven't already!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

krushgroove posted:

Your Lord on Juggernaut is fine and accepted, but your Horrors are definitely two colors...I can't even squint and pretend that's zenithal priming! :) I'm sure you've already done some more work on them and I wouldn't want to tell anyone to strip and re-do their work or prime over their work, so I'll assume you'll just leave out the Horrors for this month's Oath?

I see. I was thinking the blue would count as a base coat but I obviously left some primer showing, and I used that white color to help my blend on those horses and bones. Rereading the OP it specifies it all needs to be one color. My fault. Just the jugg will be fine this month.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I see. I was thinking the blue would count as a base coat but I obviously left some primer showing, and I used that white color to help my blend on those horses and bones. Rereading the OP it specifies it all needs to be one color. My fault. Just the jugg will be fine this month.

Thanks for understanding. I want to tweak/update the Oath rules for the future so if you have any suggestions drop me a line: krushgroove169@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Alrighty, now I'm caught up on everything save for mailing out the November Grab Bag prize.

krushgroove posted:

Let's go with this as the Alternate Universe Oath for now, IIRC there's only one other one so far I may have had a minimum to make it a prize draw at the end of the year.

Including his Oath, I'm actually counting 7 AU Oaths made. Go check the AU tab at the end of the Spreadsheet. :v:

• Locked thread