Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm so loving happy at how appropriate the Eva jokes were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Let's hope that Korra will metalbend herself a mecha and go berserk Avatar state on Kuvira's mech so we can have lots of fun making AMVs with the fight scene set to Komm Susser Tod. :allears:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
If it ends like the fight scene that occurred prior to Komm, Susser Tod I'm gonna loving cry.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

A cruel benders thesis.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Let's not forget that the last season had this clear and direct homage:

EDIT:

Ah, and see Exhibit A:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 19, 2014

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I hope this thread doesn't get locked a week from now. At the very least wait until after the start of next year for that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, I wouldn't worry. The mods would wait a bit longer than a week, at least.

Arist fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 19, 2014

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Mraagvpeine posted:

I hope this thread doesn't get locked a week from now. At the very least wait until after the start of next year for that.

Is that the tradition for a show that's ended? I haven't actually been a fan of this franchise long enough to know how Korra threads usually go. I missed the entire Book 3 thread because by the time I knew Book 3 existed it was already finished.

drat Nickelodeon dropped this show fast.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Is that the tradition for a show that's ended?

Yes, the Kill la Kill tradition.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Wait, the whole finale is being dropped in one go? Daaaaamn.

I'm gonna miss this show. I do take pride of having my worst and funniest poo poo post being on this thread.

edit: yes, it was an Eva joke. gently caress you, Eva.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 19, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The Sharmat posted:

Is that the tradition for a show that's ended?

It's traditional for bad shows, yes

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
As the thread title having changed awhile ago clearly indicates, this is not a bad show.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

uncleKitchener posted:

Wait, the whole finale is being dropped in one go? Daaaaamn.
On TV yeah. Last two episodes of the season being released together is Avatar tradition since the very beginning.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, can someone tell me why you guys care so much about the thread title? Legitimate question. I did that thinking you guys would just laugh it off but some of you got like, really pissed.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Why are any of you responding to the guy who thought The Beach was made for pedophiles?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

On TV yeah. Last two episodes of the season being released together is Avatar tradition since the very beginning.

Yeah, but I thought there were three episodes left, hence the surprise, but didn't realize there are only two left.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why are any of you responding to the guy who thought The Beach was made for pedophiles?

That was one of the best episodes of ATLA and I'll personally fight anyone that says otherwise (with harsh words, on the internet).

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

MrAristocrates posted:

Okay, can someone tell me why you guys care so much about the thread title? Legitimate question. I did that thinking you guys would just laugh it off but some of you got like, really pissed.

some people have very strong opinions about animation of the japanese persuasion

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm in Canada, and it would be nice to watch the finale. I have a workaround to use Nick's website from Canada, so how do I go about watching it legally?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

MrAristocrates posted:

This is gonna sound pretentious as gently caress, but since you asked...
I felt like you were condoning and maybe even encouraging thread making GBS threads with that title. Lazy stupid bullshit from Occ and Ravane and whoever else, when nothing's gonna be done about it because no mods read this thread.
I'd just like a place on the internet to talk about a show that's part of a franchise that honestly means a lot to me without having to deal with one-note threadshitting. That's all I'm asking for.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
You ask for too much.

And honestly from what little I've seen, this is actually one of the better places to discuss this show, scary as that may seem.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is gonna sound pretentious as gently caress, but since you asked...
I felt like you were condoning and maybe even encouraging thread making GBS threads with that title. Lazy stupid bullshit from Occ and Ravane and whoever else, when nothing's gonna be done about it because no mods read this thread.
I'd just like a place on the internet to talk about a show that's part of a franchise that honestly means a lot to me without having to deal with one-note threadshitting. That's all I'm asking for.

Except the last thread was poo poo too.

Colbert Report ends, then immediately after, Korra ends. A night of finales.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wait, the Colbert Report is ending?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yes, he is going to be replacing David Letterman on Late Night or whatever.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
IT'S UP!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm watching Colbert, gently caress

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
To be honest I just hate Evangelion.

fakeedit: OH poo poo

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm really damaging the experience watching this lovely quality upload on Nick's clearly dying servers but I can't stop.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Meelo saves the world

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
End of episode spoiler: Jesus loving christ Korrasami is canon. I'm not joking.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Where has Pema's baby been the entire time?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Hanging out with Suyin's father, the lieutenant and Koh in forgotten character land.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Parachute requisite achieved.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well this is incredibly annoying. The video shows as being 75% buffered but keeps pausing every 10 seconds or so. Great job, Nickelodeon.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering through a poor feed, this is so bad

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The Varrick/Zhu Li proposal was perfect. Also Hiroshi taking one for the team was genuinely sad. If Korrasami is a real thing then I am staying off of Tumblr tomorrow.

My feed seems to be working okay, halfway through so far.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:swoon: Zhu Li and Varrick!! Now that's a ship I can get aboard! :allears:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
That was pretty good. Book 3 is still the best book, but they managed to pull an ending that involved neither the Avatar losing or Deus ex Machina.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

If Korrasami is a real thing then I am staying off of Tumblr tomorrow.

My feed seems to be working okay, halfway through so far.

I may have been hyperbolic but there's some serious loving baiting at the end for it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh my god, Bolin using Ghazan's Molten Disk!! YES! Awesome! I love lavabending!!

Ghazan's Molten Disk would make an excellent D&D Wizard spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Sharmat posted:

That was pretty good. Book 3 is still the best book, but they managed to pull an ending that involved neither the Avatar losing or Deus ex Machina.

I may have been hyperbolic but there's some serious loving baiting at the end for it.

Definitely a thing, my only beef is that it is 100% fan service as it was really never expanded on in the show, but on the other hand, I don't know how they would do it anyway.

• Locked thread