Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

But enough about his feud with Jericho.

Hey he knows 1004 holds and 502 of them are armbars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

GB888 posted:

I can't wait to troll my MMA-friends when CM Punk wins his first fight using The Worm.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
rip jamie varner

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Punk was just on SportsCenter. Seemed way more humble and less of an rear end than usual.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Matt Brown says he'd fight Punk the same night he fights Saffiedine
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/17/7406645/morning-report-ufc-lawsuit-conor-mcgregor-matt-brown-cm-punk-dana-white-ronda-rousey-mma-news

There are better fighters than Brown, but I don't think there are many more who Punk would want to avoid more.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

astrollinthepork posted:

Punk was just on SportsCenter. Seemed way more humble and less of an rear end than usual.

He's slowly realising he's going to get pulverised no matter what he does and is laying the groundwork to not have his entire "arrogant smartass" schtick publicly torn to shreds by getting his rear end handed to him.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Do people really Think this CM Punk guy will face anything resembling a seasoned fighter? He will be paired with someone else who's making their fighting debut after training for a year or two. Just like anyone else making their MMA debut. It will just be in front of a somewhat larger audience than the usual handful of friends and gym mates attending som tiny local show.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
30 pages, large chunks of which are wrestling posters rather than MMA posters. Whatever the UFC is paying Punk, it's worth it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Grifter posted:

30 pages, large chunks of which are wrestling posters rather than MMA posters. Whatever the UFC is paying Punk, it's worth it.

Counterpoint: wrassle posters

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Will he be allowed to put those retarded embarrassing straight edge X's on his gloves?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CM Punk might be drug free, but I am hearing rumblings he is teaming up with Dan Quinn to use the awesome power of Stevia to dominate his opponents, and consequently is trading in his Pepsi sponsership to work with Coca-Cola (http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/faq/ingredients/what-is-stevia.html) for the big fight

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Bobtista posted:

He's slowly realising he's going to get pulverised no matter what he does and is laying the groundwork to not have his entire "arrogant smartass" schtick publicly torn to shreds by getting his rear end handed to him.

For what it's worth, in his public appearances since he left WWE he's seems a lot more upbeat. He's probably less stressed by not working for crazy man Vince anymore.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Yuriy posted:

Counterpoint: wrassle posters

Is their money green?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Dangersim posted:

Is their money green?

Sure but their posts are brown (like poo poo not like minorities)

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hello I am a cool person and very normal. Whelp, I'll see y'all around

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Yuriy posted:

The wrestleposters here are pretty reasonable about Punk's lack of chance against anybody vaguely legitimate.

I tried (and failed) to convince somebody on another board that no, CM Punk would not easily cream peak Kimbo because Punk is not a miles better fighter than Seth Petruzelli it's the other way around you dumbass.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Here is the link to the Phil "CM Punk" Brooks segment on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12041536&ex_cid=sportscenterTW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yuriy posted:

I don't think any rassleposters think Punk is going to be a contender.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Chris Wiedman couldn't even lace CM Punk's boots.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

A couple of my wrestlebros at work seem to think he's going to get by like Homer in that episode of the Simpsons where he's a boxer due to a lifetime spent taking bumps.

Other than fighting homeless people I'm not sure that comparison is a strong one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bobtista posted:

A couple of my wrestlebros at work seem to think he's going to get by like Homer in that episode of the Simpsons where he's a boxer due to a lifetime spent taking bumps.

Other than fighting homeless people I'm not sure that comparison is a strong one.

With as much as he's been concussed already, I'm assuming he's probably not going to have a great chin. Punk's got an iffy gas tank too, despite being a runner.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the fact that cm punk claims to be drug-free is ludicrous to me when one of his tattoos is a clear-cut caffeine endorsement

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dexters Secret posted:

the fact that cm punk claims to be drug-free is ludicrous to me when one of his tattoos is a clear-cut caffeine endorsement

Aaaaand here is the semi-monthly argument about what straight edge is from people who aren't straight edge.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Aaaaand here is the semi-monthly argument about what straight edge is from people who aren't straight edge.
hey, i found a logical fallacy with the made up lifestyle someone has chosen for themselves! what a loving hypocrite!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Yuriy posted:

yes yuriy in your expert opinion please tell me more about bad posters

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Aaaaand here is the semi-hourly post from someone who doesn't get jokes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

there are people who legitimately think that

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah, I didn't catch that it was a joke because that argument has happened so many times here without an ounce of humor anywhere in sight.

I hope that the UFC gets Punk custom gloves with Xs on them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dexters Secret posted:

jokes are funny

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

WeaponX posted:

yes yuriy in your expert opinion please tell me more about bad posters

Takes one to know one.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The source of the consistently worst posts in wrestling threads going on and on about dumb wrassleposters might be the most delightful part of the last 30 pages.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Charles Gnarwin posted:

People who are straight edge sure get defensive about their chronic drug use.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I'd respect edgies' abilities to define what is or is not straightedge if my highschool and college years weren't full of dudes with X's on their hands kicking the crap out of each other at shows over it. At least the skinheads fought about racism

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

jokes are funny

It makes it funny when retards don't get it

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Apparantly he's dismissed the idea of fighting JDF

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/12/18/cm-punk-ufc-fight-green-ranger-fighting-debut-wwe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I would pay any amount of money to see Al Bundy beat the tar out of CM Punk, then grab a mic and cut a promo about how he's going home to not gently caress his wife.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Ed would pretty resoundingly whup his rear end, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
BJJ black belt, scored 4 touchdowns in a single game, of course he would.

• Locked thread