Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i was eleven when that movie came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is the list of people who came out to sing with Colbert for his finale.
http://www.vox.com/2014/12/19/7419893/colbert-finale-song

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

zoux posted:

This is the list of people who came out to sing with Colbert for his finale.
http://www.vox.com/2014/12/19/7419893/colbert-finale-song

I can't tell which is funnier, Toby Keith obviously not knowing the lyrics or Henry Kissinger sing that particular tune.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I can't tell which is funnier, Toby Keith obviously not knowing the lyrics or Henry Kissinger sing that particular tune.

matt taibbi and thomas friedman being in the same room without spontaneous combustion

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:laffo: only kings and emperors were in any sense wealthy, every other noble was p much this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HX4a5P8eE

speaking of lending tree...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-carolinas-politicians-payouts-lender-27644824

mccrory in particular hasn't taken it too well and sent out a 30-something page "rebuttal" claiming the ap is a bunch of liberals conducting a smear campaign. he's kinda thin-skinned that way

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 19, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

if you want to force your house to watch twilight, you're free to in America, even if you shouldn't be. Do you have that right in Belgium, or does your King censor anything critical of himself, his entourage, and his holdings?

thank you for reminding me that he's ruled over by a King. :laffo:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

zoux posted:

At what age do Euro kids first learn about the unbelievable disparity between the US military and the rest of the world and does it scare them? I mean as adults we know there are a billion reasons why the US would never go on a campaign of global military domination, but if I was ten and found out a foreign power had more military might than the rest of the world combined I'd be worried.

That detail got communicated only after we were already familiar with the significantly diminished nature of your apemen minds so the impact was considerably softened.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The U.S. Is not waging a campaign of global domination?

He ge mon

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We don't need to actively wage one, it's just the natural state of things.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Some amazing selfies coming out of the Colbert finale, but I won't spoil you on them.

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/media

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Were Taibbi and Friedman on the same stage together?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Monkey Man posted:

Were Taibbi and Friedman on the same stage together?

yes. also kissinger.

Matt Taibbi @mtaibbi · 9h 9 hours ago
I was also talking to Grover Norquist for at least five minutes before realizing who he was.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
How is norks not racist as hell?

Peztopiary fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 19, 2014

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Peztopiary posted:

How is Norks not racist as hell?

I always thought it was more like Chicoms - weird and confined to the bunker-builder set.

Hahahaha my phone corrects Chicoms to Chicagoans.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Amongst the Korean kids at my high school, they'd always jokingly say that the other Korean guy's family were North Korean refugees.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

zoux posted:

Why do you think i ask so many questions that get me in trouble here

Because you're IRL Archie Bunker.

My Imaginary GF posted:

my band? 15160 kHz capitalist dog hero of earths

She and Romney would have gotten along swell.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Because you're IRL Archie Bunker.

She and Romney would have gotten along swell.

Romney would totally drink Mt Dew with her.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DemeaninDemon posted:

Romney would totally drink Mt Dew with her.

They can drink caffeinated drinks?!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They can drink caffeinated drinks?!

That's uh the joke.

Really though since a Mormon bought a good chunk of coke or Pepsi or some poo poo they changed the rules to avoid only hot caffeine like coffee. Sodas fine though!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DemeaninDemon posted:

That's uh the joke.

Really though since a Mormon bought a good chunk of coke or Pepsi or some poo poo they changed the rules to avoid only hot caffeine like coffee. Sodas fine though!

Mormon God changes His mind bout stuff a lot though so this isn't remarkable.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DemeaninDemon posted:

That's uh the joke.

VitalSigns posted:

It's a quarterly earnings report miracle!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

VitalSigns posted:

See also: allowing nonwhite people and probably women missionaries who didn't get hitched at BYU.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

yes. also kissinger.

Matt Taibbi @mtaibbi · 9h 9 hours ago
I was also talking to Grover Norquist for at least five minutes before realizing who he was.

How do you not recognize that beard?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Monkey Man posted:

How do you not recognize that beard?
I've noticed something similar with people whose names I've known forever but I didn't actually start seeing on TV until recently. My notion of Frank Luntz and Grover Norquist was lacking a visual component so I had the "oh that's THAT guy?" response way too many times before I finally started recognizing them. I think my brain had just settled on them being made up of opinions/rhetoric and was resistant to categorizing them as human beings. You weren't 100% wrong, brain, but turns out yes they do have faces.

(This is going to be mostly an old person phenomenon of course)

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 19, 2014

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Frank Luntz doesn't look nearly as terrible in real life as I thought he would. I suppose we're better off that people's villainy isn't reflected in their physiques, lest we have even more reason to burn DC to the ground and salt the ashes.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Joementum posted:

thank you for reminding me that he's ruled over by a King. :laffo:
yes and he's called bart de wever

little belgian in-joke for you there, enjoy

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

pangstrom posted:

I've noticed something similar with people whose names I've known forever but I didn't actually start seeing on TV until recently. My notion of Frank Luntz and Grover Norquist was lacking a visual component so I had the "oh that's THAT guy?" response way too many times before I finally started recognizing them. I think my brain had just settled on them being made up of opinions/rhetoric and was resistant to categorizing them as human beings. You weren't 100% wrong, brain, but turns out yes they do have faces.

(This is going to be mostly an old person phenomenon of course)

I've done it with comic writer/artists a few times. Once or twice to their face. REALLY EMBARASSING oh god.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If you could be a pro player of any sport which one would you be (assume you'd be about average skill of the highest league).

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

If you could be a pro player of any sport which one would you be (assume you'd be about average skill of the highest league).

soccer

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

The Great Game.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the most dangerous game

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Baseball relief pitcher.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Baseball relief pitcher.

yeah this.

salary caps are for assholes

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
cowboy action shooting

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Badger of Basra posted:

also you can't not like a movie with tilda swinton in it

Only Lovers Left Alive is like peak Swinton go watch that it's good

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I was going to make a "your mom" joke at randler but just didn't have the heart for it

getting old

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone got the screenshot of some internet something telling the dalai lama to check their privilege?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Badger of Basra posted:

also you can't not like a movie with tilda swinton in it

I'm not sure if Constantine is an exception or perfect proof of your statement.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

anyone got the screenshot of some internet something telling the dalai lama to check their privilege?

Isn't it in the fwds thread? Or perhaps the idiots on social media thread in pyf.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Why do boys play baseball but girls have to play softball instead of baseball?

seems lovely and sexist to me

Also kind of disappointed My Imaginary Girlfriend didn't post some crazy bullshit to my inane sports question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Isn't it in the fwds thread? Or perhaps the idiots on social media thread in pyf.

I know I saw it in this thread because I saw it yesterday and didn't read anything else

• Locked thread