Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Shot Whisper Monday night with Keyan's HLC, 4 hits, 0 evades. :whatup:

Our store championship is the 2nd week in January, so I am working on a list. I don't really care about winning since I have the focus tokens from 2013 regionals. I'm thinking of trying one of those two ship Corran / someone list. I was thinking of Corran / Dash since I still really haven't made Dash work and I want to.

This seems like a standard build:

Dash Rendar — YT­2400 36
Push the Limit 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Kyle Katarn 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Outrider 5

Corran Horn — E­Wing 35
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire­Control System 2
R2­D2 4

Anyone have any thoughts? I can still shoot Phantoms with Corran and maybe I will gently caress up some other stuff with Dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

I've had a lot of luck lately with:

Corran, VI, R2D2, FCS
Wes Janson, VI, Stress Droid
Biggs

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Leebo's Six Shooter

talked about this build a bit earlier, finally fielded it recently. The threat of six red dice definitely hung over the whole game. My buddy made sure he kept a token on everything the whole match so I never got to throw six dice, but this also kept him from using focus tokens offensively so it was effective in an unexpected way.

I think this is a pretty effective list, but after the game we both kinda came to the conclusion that 360 degree firing ships are not all that fun. It doesn't really reward clever flying and ends up deflating a big part of the game. I just puttered around the board chucking 5 dice at everything.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Carteret posted:

Bookmark this if you are interested in keeping up with FFG releases.

Oh God yes, I need a Falcon so bad.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

alg posted:

Anyone have any thoughts? I can still shoot Phantoms with Corran and maybe I will gently caress up some other stuff with Dash.

Corran is a phantom fucker-upper for sure

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I picked up a second one I stumbled upon in a B&N in the ghetto. Still in the factory shrink wrap. I'll take a Rebel Transport or Tantive IV box set in trade. For a sealed Tantive IV I'll throw in a NIB B-Wing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Lucky for you they should be back in stock 60-90 days from now as wave 6 and reprints of the Falcon and Slave 1 have officially been packed on the boat heading out from China.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Played a game against a buddy's YT-2400, B-Wing, X-Wing build the other day. I ran 3 TIE Fighter Academy Pilots and 3 TIE Interceptor Saber Squadron Pilots. It was tense, but I ended up winning with 4 of my ships still intact. I think I have more fun with this game playing mini swarm lists than anything else. Flying the big ships around or putting lots of points into something just isn't very appealing now.

I still bought the new wave stuff anyway.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

James Woods posted:

I picked up a second one I stumbled upon in a B&N in the ghetto. Still in the factory shrink wrap. I'll take a Rebel Transport or Tantive IV box set in trade. For a sealed Tantive IV I'll throw in a NIB B-Wing.

How exceedingly generous.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

James Woods posted:

Is this for real

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

alg posted:

Is this for real

Usually I have to go to SA-Mart to see goons tripping over themselves to rip each other off. :v:

I also played against a Firespray with the Andrasta title & 3 bombs, which was much more of a handful than I thought. I am really excited to play Scum & Villainy with the pilot that uses the 3 speed dials to drop them.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

How exceedingly generous.

As a bartender he probably expects a tip for the opportunity to rip you off too

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

James Woods posted:

Wow, merry xmas to you too. Go rot. I found 8 at a B&N earlier this month and distributed them through one of the fbook groups for cost+S&H.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

James Woods posted:

I'll give you five bucks and an Arby's coupon.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I will gladly pay you tomorrow, for a Millennium Falcon today

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Does anyone have a time frame for when they will reveal the next wave?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I checked out a game store near where I work and lo and behold, I found a Falcon! For fun I decided to do Han in the Falcon and Dash in the Outrider vs. my roommate's Whisper + Howlrunner TIE swarm. I did pretty well up until the end. Man the TIE Phantom is so annoying.

smashthedean
Jul 10, 2006

Don't let dogs get any part of fish.
Merry Christmas TIE Advanced!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5274

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Neat. Well, except for having to find space to fit the Raider in — it looks to be the same size as the CR-90 and that one is already a bit too long for my shelves.

</gamer problems>

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

I need this in my life.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Oh, poo poo. I didn't really want the Corellian Corvette or GR-75 because the Empire didn't have any ships like that, and if anyone was going to have a big, imposing ship, it would be the Empire.

Now I'm tempted to pick up a Corellian Corvette while they're only $60 on Amazon, but I've spent waaaaayyy too much money this month....

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Oh my god. I've resisted getting a Transport or Tantive yet but I'm gonna need one of those.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Ugh, I hate the little ship stuff they throw into the giant x-pacs. The Tie Advanced add ons look really good but I have no interest in the big huge ship nor paying the 50+ bucks for it :(

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Because I have problems, I've pored over every pixel of the card fan. Here's what I can tell you:

-There are 4x of each of the X1 title and Advanced Targeting Computer upgrades
-There are 6 pilot cards, which means they could have fit them all on 3 ship base tokens, but there are 4 ship bases. Presumably this means they didn't print two named pilots on two sides of one token.

Fantasy Flight Games: they'll make you buy a $100 ship for patches to a ship you already own, but at least they won't be complete dicks about it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

A free crit on Stele is pretty cool, glad they did something about the Advanced.

I'm happy about the changes and still disappointed that the 'alternative paint scheme' ship isn't actually an avenger :(

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Poopy Palpy posted:

Because I have problems, I've pored over every pixel of the card fan. Here's what I can tell you:

-There are 4x of each of the X1 title and Advanced Targeting Computer upgrades
-There are 6 pilot cards, which means they could have fit them all on 3 ship base tokens, but there are 4 ship bases. Presumably this means they didn't print two named pilots on two sides of one token.

Fantasy Flight Games: they'll make you buy a $100 ship for patches to a ship you already own, but at least they won't be complete dicks about it.

Is that an Emperor Palpatine crew card I see? :fap:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I love the fixes for the Int and Adv but they just make me more angry about the lame fixes the Y-wing got and forcing me to play scum to get decent pilots.

:goonsay:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Devlan Mud posted:

Is that an Emperor Palpatine crew card I see? :fap:
"When you lose this ship, lose the match and all future matches in which you are the Empire"

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I am seriously stoked for that thing, goddamn. I'm going down to the LGS today to grab some junk, so maybe I'll get a preorder on this because unf.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Advanced is still a horrible, ugly ship. :(

Plus side: that means Avengers are bound to come out as a separate ship.

Negative side: Maarek is still consigned to flying something as ugly as the x1. :(

Also that's the most :ffg: fix possible: a 0-point title that gives you a 4 point discount on Systems upgrades and only comes in a huge ship. :rolleyes:

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

I felt a great disturbance in the force... as if millions of wallets suddenly cried out in terror...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

What I really want them to do now is do some special atmospheric flight rules and give us the T-47 Snowspeeder, T-16 Skyhopper, AT-ST, AT-AT and so on. In other words I want to be able to do the battle of Hoth. Just include a rule that says you can't use them in "space" and you get different obstacles that aren't asteroids or space debris.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Vader is a monster with the title and ATC. The new pilots are great as well, Alozen, the one they've spoiled gets a free target lock if he can get to range 1.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Also that's the most :ffg: fix possible: a 0-point title that gives you a 4 point discount on Systems upgrades and only comes in a huge ship. :rolleyes:

What? All they're doing is curing you of the strange possessive notions you hold towards the contents of your wallet. It's aaaaaaall gooood. *huffs space-coolaid*

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

pbpancho posted:

Vader is a monster with the title and ATC. The new pilots are great as well, Alozen, the one they've spoiled gets a free target lock if he can get to range 1.

Assuming, of course, he can use them since they say "TIE Advanced only" and his pilot card says his ship is a "TIE Advanced x1". I mean, yeah, of course he can, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a clarification in an FAQ.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Poopy Palpy posted:

Assuming, of course, he can use them since they say "TIE Advanced only" and his pilot card says his ship is a "TIE Advanced x1". I mean, yeah, of course he can, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a clarification in an FAQ.

This is the most pedantic objection I have ever seen, bar none.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's pedantic but it's what make good, well structured and defined games like magic good and not bad like 40k. But in this case I don't think it's necessary because the upgrade card is to a ship called the tie advanced, which is the ship you're putting it on. Otherwise the X1 wouldn't be able to be applied either since it would make itself fall off if it did change the ship name.

In any case, I am glad they gave out numerous copies since the intention is probably to share a piece with your gaming group. I wouldn't mind paying $5-10 for just the pair of cards.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Poopy Palpy posted:

He can use them. I played the designer running it on Vader just before World's, so it'll either be FAQ'd or just "duh". Soontir with autothrusters, and Vader. Fat Han never had a chance.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I will continue to play my fat Han list. New Vader will pose no problem.

I guess someone been rooting around the file names again:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
That guy with, say, Predator and the ATC/title. 29 points for half a TL with focus plus an almost guaranteed crit every turn.

• Locked thread