Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hog Inspector posted:

the gay agenda

1) shepard/wrex

*nods*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate Dorian because he is clearly intended to appeal to the type of Tumblr fangirl who loves lovely British sci-fi shows and writes romances involving the lead dudes in them. Instead of, you know, actual gay guys.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dorian is my friend, i like everyone besides sera and cole. cullen is extremely forgettable but that might have more to do with him being in an awkard spot in the castle so i keep forgetting he exists

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Davincie posted:

the trans section in dragon age felt very awkwardly paternal

It stood out because a lot of the "progressive" stuff in DA:I didn't feel like affectations at all, which was nice. That one did, though.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

my gender is playersexual

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i never do romances because the formula is dumb and boring and also i imagine my teammates writing blog posts about getting friendzoned

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I remember inadvertedly triggering one of the romance subplots in Jade Empire and it was super weird and unexpected but also hilarious.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you don't know any gay dudes who act like Dorian I'm sorry :( Dorian owns

The Transgender speech coming from the bisexual horned giant that's into S&M was a little awkward granted

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh do they say in game explicitly that that guy is transgender, I thought it was only implied

Then again I'm still not out of Haven sooooo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Shepard

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Oh do they say in game explicitly that that guy is transgender, I thought it was only implied

Then again I'm still not out of Haven sooooo

theres a big speech where you get railroaded into asking stupid questions so you can get a longer speech

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Anyone have an opinion on Depth? Steam sale and apparently you can be a shark. Arousing stuff.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Wrex :xd:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
ME is an intro harem visual novel.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

if you can handle that you can handle them all

Raimundus
Apr 26, 2008

BARF! I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE SMELLING DOG BUTTS BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!

Ahundredbux posted:

No man's sky looks great and exploration does sound appealing in theory, but I'm not sure I can play that sort of game unless I can do something like eliminate an entire species.

Or destroy the whole ecosystem a planet and then peace on out to the next system.

Will there be guns in it?

There is ship-to-ship combat, at least. You can see it in the trailer.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Raimundus posted:

you can also see the gun he is carring the whole time as well as the ammo bar

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

"hey tough soldier chick you did good today"

*tee-hee shepard-senpai noticed me~*

"hey blue alien chick I saw you nearly faint are you all right?"

"I have lived over a 100 years as a sheltered neckbeard but NEVER have I met a guy as dreamy as you"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Third World Reggin posted:

You joke, but there are NO possibilities for even a three-way in any of these games. Prude Effect.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Davincie posted:

theres a big speech where you get railroaded into asking stupid questions so you can get a longer speech

Bluhhh

I mean yeah it's cool that there's a transgender guy in the game, but c'mon, you handled the gay crewmember in ME3 so well, Bioware :(

(edit) at least I thought he was handled well oh god i haven't just committed some kind of faux pas have i :ohdear:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want to have sex with Batarians.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hmm yes lemme see what can we add for the player for an alien romance.... well this one can reproduce with any species

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bioware games are actually unironically worse than anime games in this respect

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

hubris.height posted:

hmm yes lemme see what can we add for the player for an alien romance.... well this one can reproduce with any species

I just recruited Liara and she is DTF and talking about asari reproduction immediately. Bioware really wanted you to get with the hot alien babes in this game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

I just recruited Liara and she is DTF and talking about asari reproduction immediately. Bioware really wanted you to get with the hot alien babes in this game.

Liara is so loving badly written in ME1.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

hubris.height posted:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/228736-talis-sweat/

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

this post is actually art and it better be the topic of college lectures in 200 years

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Bioware isn't afraid to tackle serious social issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qSAYat4Hyg

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Alain Post posted:

Liara is so loving badly written in ME1.

when she becomes the dark lord of black markets it gets better but not by much

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ekster posted:

Bioware isn't afraid to tackle serious social issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qSAYat4Hyg

》investigate

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

hubris.height posted:

this post is actually art and it better be the topic of college lectures in 200 years

In 200 years we will have found the real Quarians, and be able to sample their fragrant excretions. An age that I am cursed to never see.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hubris.height posted:

when she becomes the dark lord of black markets it gets better but not by much

There was one poster here who was continuously angry that they changed her from being a shy submissive waifu and I think they were legitimately insane.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Raimundus posted:

Raimundus posted:

Cool.

Been keeping myself in the dark about this one, first because I thought it was PS4 only but it seems to be coming for PC as well.

But I also think it's for the best not to speculate on this sort of game since you'll let your imagination get the better of you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think with Liara they wanted to go with a Leliana type that you could either influence to be ruthless or more merciful but her arc in the first two games really didn't support that. Then in the third she's just kind of there, having already completed her arc in the Shadow Broker DLC. I forget what character development she really gets at all.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Wait you can do that with leliana? I just started playing DA:O for the first time and I asumed she was always going to be a garbage heap do-gooder

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Depending on your choices you can get her to admit that the whole born-again Chantry thing was just a lie and that murdering people is her true calling in life.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

Bluhhh

I mean yeah it's cool that there's a transgender guy in the game, but c'mon, you handled the gay crewmember in ME3 so well, Bioware

It actually isn't always that bad it just depends how dumb your character acts. All I got was a short thing where iron bull said "where I come from it's no big".

Also the Trans dude is voiced by commander Shepard :cool:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Davincie posted:

I figured out he was a woman just from Bioware's stock character models, I chose to ignore the questions they wanted me to ask regarding it and moved on to the rest of IB's crew. No speech at all for me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best part of ME is the fat tali avatar.

Fetish efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RIP

Snakes n cakes

• Locked thread