Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is my favorite song about his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbHCgxAx6pk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

AxeManiac posted:

Music really is therapy for the soul

A cold is your body's way of crying.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

This is the second Google result for "emily stern album":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj7ZcBdHgYw

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You know Scott was sitting back there doing everything he could not to laugh.

I'm absolutely for people being able to express themselves in art however they want but I'm also for people being real with someone when they need it and someone should have sat her down and yanked her head out of the clouds for a minute. This is like when people are too nice to their friends and family and say "yea, I think you can be on American Idol" and then they're in those first few joke episodes where millions of people are cruelly laughing at them.

e: oh god I love listening to them on really, really old stuff before they got rich and went insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYCB8utiWA

2:54:10

"It(enemas) doesn't seem that way(natural) to me either. God made a self-cleaning system."

- Robin Quivers

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 19, 2014

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

quote:

In love with all things, Emily Stern is a peace worker and healer who longs to see a world of camaraderie and peace. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. Eager to follow whatever form her work dictates, her artistic offerings include plays, a novel, acting, music, and poetry. She recently directed young people in a performance of her songbook for children. Emily receives inspiration from Torah, and the content she shares is usually carrying a spark of ancient mystical teachings, new age practice, and spiritual symbolism. She is also a spiritual activist, advocating particularly for the implementation of Water Retention Landscaping, which offers an approach of water regeneration for the planet. She wrote and performed plays while she was at Drisha for the Arts Fellowship, as well as when studying at Nishmat, The Jeneane Shottenstein Center of Advanced Torah Study for Women

http://www.emilystern.org/

dumbhand
Nov 5, 2004

WATCH OUT!
Apropos of nothing, this is Gilbert and Sam doing the news the day after Ryan White died.

So mean. So funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP0cOsN41es

I just love Gilbert so much. Also I am very old.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Emily Stern posted:

If you need proof of anything
Of the existence of alien life,
Of the existence of God,
Of anything we know,
Remember how much we do not know.

What we know is small. Combine yin and yang and find the gold.
The both sides of the coin are still a coin.
There is more. New materials that have yet to be rumored. Contradictions and paradoxes, just let them all be true.

Maybe Hitler was right after all.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

Maybe Hitler was right after all.

There ought to be some kind of law against being rich and having too much free time.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

fuzzi posted:

I would switch to streaming on my phone but unless you have t mobile then you have a data cap. I may be switching to t mobile when my contract is up though and giving up Sirius.

If you have TMobile, don't ever leave the cities and close suburbs. Data coverage is nonexistent elsewhere. Kinda defeats the point if you're roadtripping.

When I had Sirius from 2006 until Artie left, the music stations were pretty clear, definitely above FM quality. All of the talk stations were barely AM though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FogHelmut posted:

If you have TMobile, don't ever leave the cities and close suburbs. Data coverage is nonexistent elsewhere. Kinda defeats the point if you're roadtripping.

I can drive an hour away from Boston and get zero data or phone coverage. Kinda sucks.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Her and Riley Martin should team up and do a show together.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

At first, 100 had the CD-ish level of quality, but at some point they switched it over to the AM quality that the rest of the talk/news channels have.

prefect posted:

There ought to be some kind of law against being rich and having too much free time.

HAHHAHAHAHAH! She calls herself a "healer".

Any person who needs multiple nouns to describe themselves ("peace worker, healer, spiritual activist") actually does nothing.

dumbhand posted:

I just love Gilbert so much. Also I am very old.

High five, buddy!

I just remembered what that Gilbert bit i heard on H101 the other day was about : Kelsey Grammar's wife Camile having Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It was basically and excuse for Fred and Gilbert to go nuts with endless fart sound effects, and it was GLORIOUS.

One of the many Gilbert segments that I remember hearing live. A classic, look it up.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

Any person who needs multiple nouns to describe themselves ("peace worker, healer, spiritual activist") actually does nothing.

This part makes me surprisingly angry:

"She is also a spiritual activist, advocating particularly for the implementation of Water Retention Landscaping, which offers an approach of water regeneration for the planet."

That sounds like something that might be ecologically valuable, but it has to be wrapped up in "spiritual" "regeneration". :rant:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Isn't she in her 30's? She really ought to be building her career. At least she's not going on a bike tour of organic farms.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Isn't she in her 30's? She really ought to be building her career. At least she's not going on a bike tour of organic farms.

She doesn't need a career.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Her father is married to a woman that plays with cats for a living. If that were me I would not have any motivation either.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Shes in her 20s. Who cares really. We are all just jealous that we aren't that rich and ignorant.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Both her parents are rich so she never has too. She will either marry rich or enjoy the fruits of being a rich kid until she is in her 30-40s when she will start little businesses that will have no chance to succeed like clothing.

I know a ton of people exactly like her from growing up. Those that are working owe their job to their parents getting them a favor and they rarely do any real work. Most of them are still firmly on the the parental teet still in their mid 30s. It boggles my mind.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I actually feel sorry for Stern's daughters, poo poo that like album is probably made by lots of rich people and their kids, but no one cares. Howard created this vitriolic audience who are quick to jump on anything they feel tarnishes their image of the show, and that's not including the people who used to be fans but still complain about the show online. If I was his daughter I'd run away to Israel as well, just to get away from the crazy Stern fans.

(That song is still garbage though)

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I was referring to that guy who did the lighting for Howard TV who was quitting to bike around to organic farms. He was in his 20's and didn't have any kids but Howard ranted and mocked him for not building his career. If he would have stuck around he would have had the opportunity to be fired like everyone else from Howard TV.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Howard is always really bitter when people leave, especially if they leave to do something that he views as "less than" whatever they're doing for him. He was ranting and raving about Jackie for years after he left, and it seemed like he was always trying to get Jackie to "admit" that he hosed up even though Jackie seemed pretty content with how his life had turned out.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Squashy Nipples posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-iJhLVa1KI

Howard: "And you know how I feel about spiritual healer ladies."

"That's a good gig: Spiritual Healer. How do you sleep at night?"

Anyone remember this?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jackie seemed like a pain in the rear end to deal with, but he did have a point about his contract. IIRC what got him to walk was he was making $900,000 or so a year, and wanted $1,000,000. Considering how huge the show still was at that time, and that he was head writer on it, and that Friends and Seinfeld cast members were making a million bucks an episode, they really should've given Jackie the money. Same with Billy getting $300 a week while being a 'core' cast member at the show's zenith. I was always amazed at poo poo like Tom not wanting to pay for a water cooler while the show was generating hundreds of millions of dollars. Radio sucks.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Sam Simon outed Bill Cosby as having his PhD written by Fat Albert writers.

http://www.thesuperficial.com/bill-cosby-phd-thesis-paid-fat-albert-writers-sham-degree-12-2014

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
If anyone cares Stuttering John has been posting quite a bit on dawgshed, here's a thread among others http://www.dawgshed.com/threads/stuttering-john-the-truth-is-my-friends.133644/

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

kylej posted:

Jackie seemed like a pain in the rear end to deal with, but he did have a point about his contract. IIRC what got him to walk was he was making $900,000 or so a year, and wanted $1,000,000. Considering how huge the show still was at that time, and that he was head writer on it, and that Friends and Seinfeld cast members were making a million bucks an episode, they really should've given Jackie the money. Same with Billy getting $300 a week while being a 'core' cast member at the show's zenith. I was always amazed at poo poo like Tom not wanting to pay for a water cooler while the show was generating hundreds of millions of dollars. Radio sucks.

I think the key difference between Billy and Jackie is the circumstances of their leaving. With Billy, he was making no money and was about to be saddled with a horrible change in contract that would throw him to the wolves in terms of liability. No one went up to bat for him so he had to leave, which was all the better for him since he's now become one of the go-to guys for voice acting. But Jackie leaving was circumstances that he foolishly drummed up for himself. He had taken the hard line numerous times before where he'd threaten to walk away if he didn't get what he wanted, and Howard actually tried to smooth things over between him and KROQ behind the scenes. Eventually, Howard got sick of constantly being involved in Jackie's negotiation shenanigans and Tom finally called Jackie on his bluff. Sure, he was the head writer, but it was a position that he made up for himself and one that proved to be kind of unessential because the show still flourished when he left. I guess the money he was asking for was nothing compared to what the show was bringing in, but it was certainly more than what he was worth, or the inflated sense of what he's worth.

I feel bad for Billy because he was essentially forced out of radio, but I can do nothing but laugh at Jackie's case because he voluntarily committed career suicide.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Billy would have moved on anyway, the way it ended is why he's still sour. The show was part-time for him anyway, he wasn't there every day every hour and I think Howard ended up seeing him like that instead of as the core member he's remembered as by the audience.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
"stuttering john melendez & jackie the joke man martling on the anthony cumia show

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by stuttering john melendez, Today at 11:05 AM.

stuttering john melendez
this is not intended as a plug, I'm just letting you know that we will be on the show december 23rd for all who want questions answered."

This sounds like it could be good...

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

moot the hopple posted:

I feel bad for Billy because he was essentially forced out of radio, but I can do nothing but laugh at Jackie's case because he voluntarily committed career suicide.

If I remember correctly, I think the difference between what Jackie wanted and what Tom could offer was $50,000 - which for their salaries sounds like peanuts.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Jackie could never in a million years make anything close to what he was making on the Stern show anywhere else. Howard could have left K-Rock and signed at another radio station the next day for the same or more money than he was making. That's the difference. Jackie was an idiot for leaving. He had to work 4 hours a day and got millions in free plugs. I think Jackie was jealous of Howard and the money he was making and killed his own career because of it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Two Kings posted:

Jackie could never in a million years make anything close to what he was making on the Stern show anywhere else. Howard could have left K-Rock and signed at another radio station the next day for the same or more money than he was making. That's the difference. Jackie was an idiot for leaving. He had to work 4 hours a day and got millions in free plugs. I think Jackie was jealous of Howard and the money he was making and killed his own career because of it.

I'm just amazed that his supremely talented wife couldn't earn a living for both of them!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

haljordan posted:

I'm just amazed that his supremely talented wife couldn't earn a living for both of them!

How long after he quit did she divorce his rear end?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
This is making me miss the clashes between him, John, Howard, Robin, Fred, etc. Making fun of JD and Benjy doesn't quite measure up.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

porkfriedrice posted:

If anyone cares Stuttering John has been posting quite a bit on dawgshed, here's a thread among others http://www.dawgshed.com/threads/stuttering-john-the-truth-is-my-friends.133644/

There are some awfully sad people on that website.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The funny thing about Jackie leaving is that Fred became de facto as well as credited "head writer" of the show, so I guess that bullshit position didn't go to waste.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Keg posted:

There are some awfully sad people on that website.

Yes, I weep every day I log on there.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

porkfriedrice posted:

Jesus, it's that bad for him?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

porkfriedrice posted:

Yes, I weep every day I log on there.

Me too man, me too.

Funny part is John trying to pick up what he believes are females there.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

Jesus, it's that bad for him?

You'd figure a guy with that kind of money (I'm assuming he made crazy bank from Leno) would have better things to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

You'd figure a guy with that kind of money (I'm assuming he made crazy bank from Leno) would have better things to do.

Didnt he buy a giant house in Cali and then get divorced.

$$$ go bye bye.