Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Does anybody have any idea which layout of the silverstone GP that AC has? I just would like to know so I can compare lap times to the real deal. bonus points if you know which layout Forza 5 and F12013 have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

ethanol posted:

Does anybody have any idea which layout of the silverstone GP that AC has? I just would like to know so I can compare lap times to the real deal. bonus points if you know which layout Forza 5 and F12013 have

New Grand Prix (aka Arena layout) Same layout as in F1 2010 onwards

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Jehde posted:

So uh, the Miura released with the beta sounds.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/lamborghini-miura-p400sv-v0-8-3.15115/

This thing is ridiculously fun around Spa.

Quoting for new page, as well as v0.8.5 releasing with v1.0 sounds. :pcgaming:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-miura-p400sv.4316/

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFGSQKVuB58

goddamn AI cutting in front of me during Qualifying.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I didn't realize there was a vignette effect in Assetto Corsa and now I want to get it solely to record replays with it on and pretend it's part of a Top Gear episode. :allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Zeether posted:

I didn't realize there was a vignette effect in Assetto Corsa and now I want to get it solely to record replays with it on and pretend it's part of a Top Gear episode. :allears:

It's really cool, there are a few of them and mods to gently caress about with them as well, although I haven't tried those.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Fanatec sent an email saying the ship they used crashed and now my wheel will take a few more weeks to get to me. My CSR wheel is pretty much dead. Guess I'm done racing for a while.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Came here to post that same email.

Ahh, Fanatec, never change.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Fanatec: Want to buy anything we make? Please come back in three months and we might have it in stoc...nevermind there was a delay

e: Their Black Friday deal was hilarious; both BMW and Formula rim, but you either A) own a CSW V1 and have one or both already, or B) buy both and wait god only knows how long to buy a V2

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 5, 2014

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Me too.

:negative:

That being said my times are pretty much equal on the controller and the wheel now and my wife is a lot happier without a wheel stand in the house.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Every once in a while I can squeak out an hour or two from my CSR wheel. Hopefully that can tide me over until the V2 gets here.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

http://www.gtplanet.net/main-perfor...campaign=buffer

Times like these I wish I made a lot more money.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 8, 2014

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

djfooboo posted:

Times like these I wish I made a lot more money.

Good news!

http://www.mainperformancepc.com/financing/

They have you covered!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Did they fix the rod flexing?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just got another non-informational email from Fanatec that's just another invoice for the v2 + rim, but with the note that "After the dispatch from the warehouse, you will receive the tracking data by email."

So maybe it's imminent.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In 24 hours, I will either have my wheel or I will waiting anxiously at my door for the Fedex man.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

In 24 hours, I will either have my wheel or I will waiting anxiously at my door for the Fedex man.

try not to suck his dick

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

OhsH posted:

try not to suck his dick

Are handies acceptable? Every movie I've seen regarding deliveries usually ends in something sexy happening.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Are handies acceptable? Every movie I've seen regarding deliveries usually ends in something sexy happening.

oh yeah totally man, go ahead

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
Asetto Corsa 1.0 has been released!

Patch Notes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/assettocorsa/announcements/detail/141066961014018953

Kunos Simulazioni posted:

The new version includes an extended career with fully blown championship series’, new features, improved gameplay, new sound sets and sound effects, new and improved post-processing effects as well as several optimizations, including some important refinements in the physics department, an updated tyre model and force feedback guaranteeing an even better driving experience. Assetto Corsa 1.0 introduces also the new Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2014 Launch Edition, available as free bonus content and the sought after Ruf Yellowbird which will be available once again as free bonus content by the end of the year; when available, the game will be updated automatically on Steam.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Yellowbird? Nordsheilfe? NEW CRAPPY SIM RIG FINISHED?

The stars have aligned.

(Crossposted)

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Ziploc posted:

The stars have aligned.

(Crossposted)

no the yellowbird is "OUT BY THE END OF THE YEAR WE PROMISE" because it's sure as hell not showing up in game for me :V

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can I use an Xbox One controller for Assetto Corsa? I've tried my Dual Shock 4 controller and couldn't get it to work with AC, so I maybe want to try buying an Xbone controller.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Can I use an Xbox One controller for Assetto Corsa? I've tried my Dual Shock 4 controller and couldn't get it to work with AC, so I maybe want to try buying an Xbone controller.

Yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How well does it play? I'm use to playing console racing sims. I'm not looking for anything serious, I just wanna drive around tracks in time trial.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I use an xbox 360 controller and it works great. Makes you realize how little wiggle room you get with thumb sticks though, and for the first time ever I've had to use the analogue capability of the triggers. Still loads of fun though, especially if you like time trials, hotlapping is the bread and butter of AC.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 19, 2014

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Ziploc posted:

The stars have aligned.

Also ASSETTO CORSA BACK IN THE STEAM SALE (30% off).

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

How well does it play? I'm use to playing console racing sims. I'm not looking for anything serious, I just wanna drive around tracks in time trial.

It plays like Forza without the dampening effects. So yea it's totally possible to rave and hot lap, but having a delicate touch to counter steer is needed.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

holocaust bloopers posted:

It plays like Forza without the dampening effects. So yea it's totally possible to rave and hot lap, but having a delicate touch to counter steer is needed.

I use an xbone controller with one of those fpsfreek stick extender that makes the stick double it's normal height and that really helps.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So apparently Fedex delivers on Saturdays

Just got it out of the box, definitely looks nice. Porsche rim is very solidly put together & seems high quality - leather is super supple, and the stitching is very well done. Looking forward to trying it out on Assetto Corsa.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GutBomb posted:

I use an xbone controller with one of those fpsfreek stick extender that makes the stick double it's normal height and that really helps.

I use the ones that are slightly shorter. They are a tremendous help, yea. I'd play AC more if the UI actually supported controllers. As it is, it's a pain in the rear end to set up a race only to get up to change anything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

So apparently Fedex delivers on Saturdays

Just got it out of the box, definitely looks nice. Porsche rim is very solidly put together & seems high quality - leather is super supple, and the stitching is very well done. Looking forward to trying it out on Assetto Corsa.

Congrats, I'm thinking about getting buying the flat1 rim to go on my universal hub. The GT rim is cool, but I want a smaller open wheel rim.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
What problems have you guys had with Fanatec products? A mate of mine is loaning me his CSR Elite long term possibly with a view to purchase as he's a console gamer and it doesn't work with his Xbox One. Are they pretty hassle free? Clubsport pedals, too. Woo!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Some guys have had less luck with them, but I've put in tons of hours and had no problems aside from a Porsche Turbo Wheel S having the belt slip off (they immediately sent me a total replacement when I showed them a video of the noise it made, and let me keep the broken one), I've also got a CSR-Elite which until I got this new v2 CS base, was definitely the nicest of the wheels I've owned. The action is very smooth compared to the earlier wheels from them/other makers' stuff, the rim being plastic is a little disappointing but it's ergonomic and works well, and the paddle shifters on that wheel feel great. I've also got a g25 and a Thrustmaster TX.

They're a tiny company that pretends to be larger than they are, I think there's fewer than 10 people that work in their Germany (home) office. So they take a loooong time responding to emails, but have always resolved my issues successfully, you just need to have some patience with their customer support situation. Slow but fair is how I'd sum it up.

Clubsport pedals are so much above anything else that's available in the 'hobby' range before you start spending $600 on pedals alone, it's extremely hard to be satisfied with anything after getting used to those.

So that's my only warning on "Why you should avoid Fanatec".

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

For those of you that have been looking at dashboard-like items like Leo Bodnar's SLI-Pro and Siminstruments Dash but are dismayed by the prices mght I suggest a cheap Android tablet and Dash Meter Pro?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Does anyone have direct experience with the CSW V1 versus the V2 ? The reviews I'm reading amount to "aw yeah its totally better" but the spec difference on paper doesnt have me sold.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Everyone who has had both so far is talking about how much better the V2 is and how they didn't notice how much worse the V1 was or something. I'm sure it's still a good wheel, but the V2 is apparently that much better. I've never used a v1, but if you can wait, get a v2. I love mine.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I have a V1, I'm just wondering are the people whose reviews im reading trying to justify to themselves spending another 500+ for an imperceptible difference :v:

I had 2 invite codes (somehow) that I let expire, so want to know if i should jump on the next order batch, whenever that may be. I'm seriously wondering if I should save for the Accuforce wheel given it may be easier to get a hold of.

e: there ARE some things about the V1 I have issues with, such as after 30 mins of use or so, the belts start to make noise, and there is a wierd sort of deadzone that feels like slack for 5 degrees or so in each direction.

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 21, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are you already on the list for Accuforce? Keep in mind that it's supposed to release in 2015 but there's already a huge list of people signed up to order it. The v2 is really nice, but if I had a v1, I'd probably get an accuforce. The only thing preventing me from getting an accuforce is I wouldn't be able to mount it on my CSL seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Not on a list, but at nearly 2kUSD I dont know if they'll sell out that fast. Honestly though, it would be dumb to jump to that over a 1k fanatec product (I would need the V2, hub and a rim), so I should just wait for V2 orders to open again. I am however, very impatient.

• Locked thread