Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Yeah, good guild bonus trumps nation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Amakna is the land of fresh baked bread, buttery french goods, and root beer.

It won my heart in that fact alone.

E:

The 18th puzzle is Yugo the kid with the blue hat and a figurine base.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 18, 2014

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Glad this game is having something of a revival. I just logged on for the first time in over a year. Tian is my main on Nox (105 Pandowa), feel free to friend me although I'm completely lost amongst all the changes.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

We should probably put this in the OP or somewhere. Keep it updated etc

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Not being able to login for maybe the past hour?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

SpiDeR posted:

Not being able to login for maybe the past hour?

Login server is busted.

http://forum.wakfu.com/en/112-server-status/181027-wakfu-unexpected-login-server-downtime-18-12-14

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Ah, server time is always funny.

And boo to guild drama... I loaned guild kama on the promise that I'd get it back if we were outbid on haven world. We were out of the race in less than the first hour... I've been waiting 3 days for someone with the guild rank to withdraw my 1.2 million kama back, because the GM signed off W/O doing it himself.

[edit]
And people laughed at me doing the haven gem dungeons and selling the gems over and over, but I have a bag full garden gems, a bag full of merch gems, over a million kama and 4 pieces of white crow armor so I've been able to make money doing it.

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 18, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

SpiDeR posted:

Ah, server time is always funny.

And boo to guild drama... I loaned guild kama on the promise that I'd get it back if we were outbid on haven world. We were out of the race in less than the first hour... I've been waiting 3 days for someone with the guild rank to withdraw my 1.2 million kama back, because the GM signed off W/O doing it himself.

[edit]
And people laughed at me doing the haven gem dungeons and selling the gems over and over, but I have a bag full garden gems, a bag full of merch gems, over a million kama and 4 pieces of white crow armor so I've been able to make money doing it.

What are you doing, just alting up and doing the dungeon achievements, scooping the gems, deleting the characters, and repeating? Because I sure would like a pile of gems, my haven bag sucks. If there's a quick-ish way to get them, I'd love to know it.

As for the pubbies, I think they're still entertaining dreams of winning an auction. I know a few of them have been gathering and crafting like crazy this week to try to build up cash.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Glad to know it's not just me. I swapped back to my character on Phaeris to kill time and do some exploration. With luck, it'll be fixed by the time I go to work and get back in game.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Valatar posted:

What are you doing, just alting up and doing the dungeon achievements, scooping the gems, deleting the characters, and repeating?
Yep. My PC can support the RAM bloat of 4 alts and my Sram main. I start 4 characters, walk them to the wild zone of the nation I want, kick 10 mobs in the face with 'design' and they're all level 17-18. They pick a nation, use scriptures to go back to Astrub and pray, walk to the Astrub boat to Trool Fair, take the Trool fair boat back to chosen nation's docks, turn on that flight point, then I drag all alts to Otomai Hunter in Shhhudoku and main shares the daily quests for Whispering Rock's and Whisper Essence and if the alts all jump up to at least half of 33 then I'm done; they'll be 35 before 2nd boss fight if I take them in all the fights.

As minor errata, I bought the rocks at like 15kama apiece x1000 when punge/rat mustashe/ was going for 30-45 apiece. I may just run them through the dungeon like that or possibly do their free respec if I'm familiar with the class... it takes a while to do that respec tho. I generally get 1 less key back from Surberry than the others, but I have a stupid surplus stack of 20+ blibli keys, 40 scara keys, and 10 for snaptrap. Before trying enu's in this trick, I was using rogues because they usually could hit most the 2nd round mobs and pop all their double-AP tricks and finish off a few of them. With the enu's, I noticed I was getting twice the rare boss drop needed for Otamai quests... that you can sell for roughly 1000. On 16 of these, I did all 4 dungeons twice and got all the gems and at least 8 extra deco gems. If someone else did DPS and I just 5x multiboxed and tried not to flunk challenges but not attack, I suspect it would go even faster.

This was with 1 steam and 4 vanilla Wakfu clients... and I have a domain to make as many e-maila addresses I wanted. Took more than a minute to set up but I'm pretty fast at it now.

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 18, 2014

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

So you're the reason price inflation has been such a ridiculous problem in this game! :argh:

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Hah, I can guarantee you that my 3 months in the game has not caused the current inflation. If anything, the current 'waiting on auction' market prices of 70,000kama on a garden gem is what I was pricing mine at for fast sale :wtc:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Steam has one of the Wakfu bundles at 50% off, $25 instead of $50. It comes with three months of premium, 15,000 funbux, a phoenix, a protoflex sidekick, a decent bag, and some random other crap. Considering that 15,000 funbux is usually $30, the bundle is a fairly good deal.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Protoflex is the worst sidekick that's been free so far, IMO, unless there's some trick to him that I just never got. Also he's so huge that he kept blocking targets (whether friendly, hostile, or myself) on a regular basis. I hate you, Protoflex. :mad:

Everything else sounds nice though. Maybe I'll buy it and sell the sidekick, we can still do that right?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Put Protoflex in fire mode and he's suddenly a great help. In earth mode he just tanks up his own resistances, which benefits nobody whatsoever since he does crap damage. In fire mode he still does bad damage, but he gives AP to the two closest allies each turn, can put a fire shield around adjacent allies, and can free people from being locked in an AOE with his #2 attack. In both modes he can bodyguard an ally and automatically take hits for them, and also throw adjacent allies to get them out of a bad spot or into a better position for attack.

If you view him less as a direct contributor to the fight and more as a walking toolbox to make like easier for the other group members, he shows more worth.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

SpiDeR posted:

Hah, I can guarantee you that my 3 months in the game has not caused the current inflation. If anything, the current 'waiting on auction' market prices of 70,000kama on a garden gem is what I was pricing mine at for fast sale :wtc:

It's because people are lazy and kama grinding at enurado is more profitable than gem grinding. but thats extreme late game stuff

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Valatar posted:

Put Protoflex in fire mode and he's suddenly a great help. In earth mode he just tanks up his own resistances, which benefits nobody whatsoever since he does crap damage. In fire mode he still does bad damage, but he gives AP to the two closest allies each turn, can put a fire shield around adjacent allies, and can free people from being locked in an AOE with his #2 attack. In both modes he can bodyguard an ally and automatically take hits for them, and also throw adjacent allies to get them out of a bad spot or into a better position for attack.

If you view him less as a direct contributor to the fight and more as a walking toolbox to make like easier for the other group members, he shows more worth.

I do like the sound of that other stuff - I don't mind support members, I rather liked the water guy who had a status cure and whatever else, but this one just never clicked for me. Maybe I will give Protoflex a chance to redeem himself.

Has there been any further word on how this hero mode stuff (play multiple alts simultaneously) is supposed to work, and how it will interact with sidekicks?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The hero system is a lot of unknowns still, but from what I heard using alts will supplant sidekicks. So you can have two sidekicks, two alts, or one alt and one sidekick, and that's it.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Valatar posted:

Steam has one of the Wakfu bundles at 50% off, $25 instead of $50.
It's honestly a good deal. You can sell the costume, the bag deco, and play for a week to see what it's like... then buy some gimmick pet, spam the kibble (it bypasses the feed limit) and run towards the future!

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
It's a *really* good deal, looking how much poo poo goes for normally when you add it up.

I fed all the xp kibble to my snoofle and bought it two hats. Now it has +16% miner harvests AND good fashion sense! :3: The phoenix went to my xelor, the only character I have that's likely to be tri-element someday, along with 50 lava eyes that were inexplicably cheap on the broker. Now I just need to pick out a better pet for my enutrof, but the shop seems to be bugged. When I preview and then click the little ghosty dude, it claims he's +damage instead of +prospecting. Is this a known bug I can ignore? I just want sweet loot. :ohdear:

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Yeah, shop is bugged, it kinda lets you preview one thing and then says whatever it says to anything else you preview later... Wakfu Elements safely shows what a totally ground-up ghast/pet/etc thing looks grown up.

[edit] Today's Advent = rictus dude.

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 19, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Today's advent is the ball guy with the leaf on his head.

Also, the pubbies seem to be having a meltdown, so we may want to just move into the goon alt guild or find a new friendly host.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Man, is a haven world worth the effort? Like can you imagine paying 5,000,000K for one? I mean... that's a bit of grinding there!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
5,000,000 seems to be about $75-80 at the normal rate, or less if people get their funbux through the Steam sale. Getting our own private goontopia would be neat, but I dunno if it's neat enough to warrant that investment. Especially because after the land is purchased, you need another massive investment to build crap on it. The initial purchase just gets your foot in the door.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Valatar posted:

5,000,000 seems to be about $75-80 at the normal rate, or less if people get their funbux through the Steam sale. Getting our own private goontopia would be neat, but I dunno if it's neat enough to warrant that investment. Especially because after the land is purchased, you need another massive investment to build crap on it. The initial purchase just gets your foot in the door.

if you think the guild points is a hell of a grind, then haven worlds are crazy. Most people just cheese it by harvesting high end wood in their haven bags and then sacrificing it to the haven lords.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Oh god I finally got a chance to log in today and saw my main has a character reset quest up :( This is intimidating. Anyone have any ideas for how I should respec my summoner?

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
What's the point of having a haven world?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

inkmoth posted:

Oh god I finally got a chance to log in today and saw my main has a character reset quest up :( This is intimidating. Anyone have any ideas for how I should respec my summoner?

Summoners didnt get hit that hard. The previous summoner build that went fire/air still works great.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
If you have one of those higher level osas that summoned an army of that level 50 sheep you should replace them with something level-appropriate though, as those sheep specifically were nerfed so people would stop doing that.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

mushroom_spore posted:

If you have one of those higher level osas that summoned an army of that level 50 sheep you should replace them with something level-appropriate though, as those sheep specifically were nerfed so people would stop doing that.

Currently, I have two Fluffy Gobballs that I summon. Just hit level 50 this morning, so I doubt it's the level 50 one?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
These guys seem pretty snazzy... and if you're level 50, you can go do that quest chain on Wild Island too:

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Storgar posted:

What's the point of having a haven world?

Experience boosts, private ecosystem, guild storage, cute decorations.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

SpiDeR posted:

These guys seem pretty snazzy... and if you're level 50, you can go do that quest chain on Wild Island too:

I went and double-checked, this is the sheep that got nerfed. It's essentially unchanged in the wild, but nerfed big time as a pet.

EDIT: http://forum.wakfu.asia/en/6-changelogs-updates/33407-hotfix-16-december-2014
"Summons: Decrease of the Wild War Chief’s base damage from 64 to 44. Increase of his mastery from 70 to 160. The monster will still be as powerful in the wild state but will cause about 50% less damage as a summon."

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I watched two of them walk all over a dungeon with Valatar doing some awesome things. It's possible that a nerf just made them 'good' not 'overpowered' right?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It made them 'okay'. The level 55 warchiefs do a little more damage and have a little more health than the level 50 gobballs. They're nothing special now, I plan to replace them as soon as I reach a level where I can grab the next tier of monster. Which is fair, stories are that osa would keep using the warchiefs up to level 100 or later, which is just bonkers.

The part of the nerf that actively irks me is the hard limit at one summon per turn. Now I summon one thing, and all of the enemies jump it and kick its poo poo in during the first turn rather than spreading their attacks among two targets. Or worse, walk past it and kick my poo poo in instead. Osas have no defense whatsoever to speak of, and without a meat shield things go south fast.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Tonights advent is the choo choo train reward wise...

You want to pick the straw hat thing.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
WTB Little Ogrest Stuffed Toys lol...

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've been meaning to ask, what's this advent thing you guys have been talking about?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/advent-calendar <- if you've got booster active, then you can do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
steam sale is back on for that wakfu pack through the 2nd thats how i got my boosters. I might buy another honestly seems like a good deal.

• Locked thread