Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

nachos posted:

What is a 10 year old kid doing at a bachelor party?

They were at a paintball place.

So there is a chance the ten year old was already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I can just see Harbaugh and his crew rolling into a Q-Zar on a Saturday night

bringing his own mix CD asking them to play it during the match

shuffling around in a hunched over pose to block the IR sensors on his vest

hapless child huddled crying in the corner and Harbaugh just presses the gun barrel against the kids vest and stands there holding down the trigger

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Linguica posted:

hapless child huddled crying in the corner and Harbaugh just presses the gun barrel against the kids vest and stands there holding down the trigger

I bet "Kiss From A Rose" is in that mix.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It's just "ridin the storm out" over and over

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

nachos posted:

What is a 10 year old kid doing at a bachelor party?

The bachelor party went to a laser tag place. Children tend to be there.

e: dammit there was another page :argh:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I think it's pretty obvious now that the reason he is considering the job is outside pressure from certain family and former players. I think if it was just him making this decision then it would be NFL all the way because it seems that's where he wants to be.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Literally nothing is obvious about this. It's been bullshit thrown from all sides for a month now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I'd eat my hat if he doesn't stay in the NFL. American Football revolves around the Super Bowl, and he still hasn't won it.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, I'd eat my hat if he doesn't stay in the NFL. American Football revolves around the Super Bowl, and he still hasn't won it.

Harbaugh really loves Michigan, too, though. The NFL guys all say his heart is in the NFL because it's their job to say that, but Jim himself has long expressed interest in coaching in Ann Arbor.

I don't profess to know what he's thinking, but the stuff with Michigan has been in the works for months and Jim's never put a stop to it. He's obviously interested.

He was also part of the 2011 search and showed interest then, but seems to have been warned off Brandon by some friends plus the Niners wanted him badly.

Jack Harbaugh has also repeatedly stated he wanted to retire to AA and watch Jimmy coach. The situation is far more complex than what the national sports writers have been portraying.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Linguica posted:

That is almost certainly what happened, and goddamnit Harbaugh, stuff like this makes me like you even more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Volkerball posted:

Well yeah but if it doesn't matter there would be nothing to talk about if we didn't do this dance.

This is gonna happen every time a big name school has an opening so just enjoy the show until the moment when they have to settle for their second choice. Schiano.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

U-M cancels January Board of Regents meeting to conduct 'strategic session'

Instead of meeting as scheduled in January, they're having this secret, last minute meeting on Monday with a nebulous agenda no one will elaborate on.

There are also reports that Jim Harbaugh's agent will be flying into Ann Arbor on Monday.

:ninja: :tinfoil: :sweatdrop: :suspense:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
As a Michigan State fan, I hope Harbaugh does not in fact go to Michigan, seeing as I like winning.

Thank you and good night.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I am in Ann Arbor right now and have not seen Jim Harbaugh yet. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Chump Farts posted:

As a Michigan State fan, I hope Harbaugh does not in fact go to Michigan, seeing as I like winning.

Bah, It'd be concerning but not 'wave the white flag', it'd be a Big Deal but I have faith in Dantonio to keep us trucking like we have been.

I also don't believe that, even if he does become the Head Coach, the moment a really good NFL job opened up, he wouldn't even hesitate to take it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sky Shadowing posted:

Bah, It'd be concerning but not 'wave the white flag', it'd be a Big Deal but I have faith in Dantonio to keep us trucking like we have been.

I also don't believe that, even if he does become the Head Coach, the moment a really good NFL job opened up, he wouldn't even hesitate to take it.

I hear the 49ers might be looking for someone in the near future.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One other thing to keep in mind is that Harbaugh is certainly on pace to be a hall of famer. Whether he can maintain that pace is one thing, but he took a team that was perennially poo poo to the playoffs, made a QB in Alex Smith who had absolutely never had a good season into a solid starter, and pushed for the super bowl every year in the postseason. If he could do it someplace else and get a ring or two and have several great years where the team contended, he'd definitely be in consideration. If he signs an 8 year college contract or something and finishes it, he's throwing away his chance at a gold jacket. I doubt that's something anyone takes lightly.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Sky Shadowing posted:

Please explain why Oakland, Miami, and Chicago are bad jobs.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
you just dont know passion until youve had 110,000 people jingle their keys at you

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Dattserberg posted:

I am in Ann Arbor right now and have not seen Jim Harbaugh yet. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted.

Finally, a loving primary source in this thread.

God bless you, Datts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

disheveled posted:

Please explain why Oakland, Miami, and Chicago are bad jobs.

I think Oakland is probably the worst NFL job whether or not there's a "bad" NFL head coaching job.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oakland is a bad job because Mark Davis is the owner. It was bad when his father was the owner and he used to be very competent at coaching!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oakland burns through coaches at a crazy rate, no one knows where the gently caress they're going to play next year, and their roster is a mess. It's a pretty bad job.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Chump Farts posted:

You are over exaggerating, Michigan State has one of the best coaches who develops talent at a top level, You will compete for Bug Ten Championships every year no matter who coaches Michigan.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Volkerball posted:

a team that was perennially poo poo to the playoffs

Yes, those poor horrible Niners with the fifth best record overall since the merger, tied for fourth most winning seasons, and the only team to win five Super Bowls with no Super Bowl losses.

They've had their rough patch lately, but c'mon man they're not like the Browns or Lions, who are perennially poo poo.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

You are over exaggerating, Michigan State has one of the best coaches who develops talent at a top level, You will compete for Bug Ten Championships every year no matter who coaches Michigan.

I am. Gotta have fun. It would be better for the conference as a whole to not have Michigan be lovely. Having a better Michigan continue to lose to Dantonio would be awesome.

When Dantonio retires though, then I'll actually freak out.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
In Ann Arbor now. No Harbaughs, although I did buy a nice assortment of Christmas chocolates.

Oakland's bad because of the owner and uncertain location, Miami isn't getting Harbaugh unless he absolutely doesn't want Michigan, and Chicago has old absentee owners that might not give Harbaugh full control.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sash! posted:

the only team to win five Super Bowls with no Super Bowl losses.

They lost one two years ago?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know if you have actual read a Sash post but it's pretty clear he pretends that anything after about 1994 never happened.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Well to be fair the NCAA feels the same way about his school

I'm real proud of this alley oop, btw

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 20, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Neodoomium posted:

Hot diggity drat.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Neodoomium posted:

Oakland is a bad job because Mark Davis is the owner. It was bad when his father was the owner and he used to be very competent at coaching!

Owner isn't really an important position these days. A lot of the recent buyers have been rich dudes that don't know dick about football who just wanted a new toy. A lot of the older ones are hand-me-downs from coach/players who owned the team when football was nothing, and the people who inherited also don't know poo poo. Davis isn't a football mind, but he loves the Raiders, and I'd take him and a good GM over Jerry Jones any day.

MourningView posted:

Oakland burns through coaches at a crazy rate, no one knows where the gently caress they're going to play next year, and their roster is a mess. It's a pretty bad job.

Not since Mark took over. Dennis Allen got more than a fair chance, and had it not been some downright embarrassing losses this season, he'd probably still be the coach. The rest are valid points, but it depends on what he's looking for. If he wants a blank slate to build as his own, there isn't a much better candidate than the Raiders. They've got an OROY candidate QB, and a DROY candidate OLB to build around. Outside of that, almost everyone is on a one year deal, and they will have tons of cap space every off season for the foreseeable future. But if he wants to jump right in with a Super Bowl contender, obviously the Raiders aren't on his radar.

Sash! posted:

Yes, those poor horrible Niners with the fifth best record overall since the merger, tied for fourth most winning seasons, and the only team to win five Super Bowls with no Super Bowl losses.

They've had their rough patch lately, but c'mon man they're not like the Browns or Lions, who are perennially poo poo.

The 5-8 years prior to Harbaugh being hired are the only ones that are relevant here. The niners sucked rear end for all of that and I enjoyed every minute of it.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I don't think the Raiders are the most awesome job in the league, but it's better than a lot of places. It's just weird that so many here think Michigan would just renting Harbaugh until a good NFL job comes along when he would have to turn down good NFL jobs to take Michigan in the first place.

Nothing about his history suggests he'd retire at Michigan, but if he left after a few years, it's because he's easily bored, not because a better NFL job opened up. I think it is way more likely for him to never come to Michigan in the first place than to use it as a vacation from the NFL.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Neodoomium posted:

I appreciate someone else going up to get that.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Chump Farts posted:

I am. Gotta have fun. It would be better for the conference as a whole to not have Michigan be lovely. Having a better Michigan continue to lose to Dantonio would be awesome.

When Dantonio retires though, then I'll actually freak out.

I went to MSU from 2002-2006.

Then two years later I went to UofM for grad school.

Its been a great football experience.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

I don't know if you have actual read a Sash post but it's pretty clear he pretends that anything after about 1994 never happened.

This is how I learned that the NFL Standings after the AFL-NFL Merger wikipedia page is out of date

Also forgot that the Niners lost that one because I only remember Steelers Super Bowl wins. There's only so much space in there.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

I appreciate someone else going up to get that.

It was placed perfectly

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

:golfclap:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Uncle Jam posted:

I went to MSU from 2002-2006.

Then two years later I went to UofM for grad school.

Its been a great football experience.

good lord, dude

i started at state in 2006 so my expectations were super low and things only got better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Another AA goon here. I thought I saw Harbaugh today, but it turns out it was just the personified misery of this city. Never have I enjoyed the succor of sweet schadenfreude more

• Locked thread