Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Vaginaface posted:

It's super gripping for the first few months, but since she stopped updating, it's pretty dead.

It was an interesting thread until a mod gassed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Wilford Cutlery posted:

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

:vince:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Metaline posted:

This place is two blocks from me and loving delicious. :allears:

But how are the donuts though?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Metaline posted:

This place is two blocks from me and loving delicious. :allears:

I heard the cream filled long johns are the best sellers.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwNNOYEgrY

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
That was exactly what came to mind when I read that card

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Found this poo poo in an elevator

http://imgur.com/gallery/d6MIR

Scarf has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Dec 19, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Now that I think of it I've never seen Santa Clauss and Jesus in the same room at the same time, you don't think...could it be...?

Militant proselytizers of all stripes get really, REALLY weird about Santa Claus. Like, it's a fun story, almost every single adult you meet was told it as a child, it's probably not messing people up forever.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

This is probably one of the dumbest arguments here, and the one that sounds the most like schizophrenia. Blavatsky didn't make up Sanatkumara; she just pulled a Euro-syncretic bullshit suplex on him.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

theflyingorc posted:

Now that I think of it I've never seen Santa Clauss and Jesus in the same room at the same time, you don't think...could it be...?

Militant proselytizers of all stripes get really, REALLY weird about Santa Claus. Like, it's a fun story, almost every single adult you meet was told it as a child, it's probably not messing people up forever.

Have you met people? They're pretty hosed.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

theflyingorc posted:

Santa and Jesus have been in the same room together, it is a very famous moment documented by our most important knickknacks

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I love how he's telling you to accept Jesus as your savior, like you're going to be convinced by his tract if you weren't already a completely insane fundamentalist.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Scarf posted:

SANTA vs JESUS
Santa is a ridiculous moral fable that children quickly learn was made up to keep them in line, and Jesus... :dawkins101:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
http://explosm.net/comics/3772/

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

I've been to Glory Hole a few times. They're pretty tasty. :goatsecx:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

neonnoodle posted:

Santa is a ridiculous moral fable that children quickly learn was made up to keep them in line, and Jesus... :dawkins101:

Here in Australia a comedian appearing on a 6.30pm current affairs program mentioned that Santa wasn't real and everyone lost their loving minds. Newspapers were running articles for days afterwards about how she'd ruined Christmas for families all over the country and the TV station had to issue a grovelling apology.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here in Australia a comedian appearing on a 6.30pm current affairs program mentioned that Santa wasn't real and everyone lost their loving minds. Newspapers were running articles for days afterwards about how she'd ruined Christmas for families all over the country and the TV station had to issue a grovelling apology.

I was talking with my wife about the whole Santa thing. I figured it was an innocent enough thing and that we'd tell our kids about Santa. Apparently her mom was pretty straight up with her and said that he doesn't exist but a lot of kids believe in him and it's fun to believe so she was cool. She's pretty insistent about doing the same with our kids.

The more I think about it, the more I think she's right.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I think there's both value in believing in the myth of a benevolent bearded man who showers you with presents, and in eventually finding out that he is just fiction.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's a nice story and premise to get kids excited about the holidays. Unsure why people are against it.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I was more distraught when I found out the tooth fairy wasn't real than Santa or the Easter bunny.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

My parents set up a "motion detector" on our lovely VHS video camera and taped our drunken, hip-replacement uncle in a Santa costume stumbling around for thirty seconds. I believed that poo poo for years

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Talorat posted:

I think there's both value in believing in the myth of a benevolent bearded man who showers you with presents, and in eventually finding out that he is just fiction.

To paraphrase Pratchett, you have to start off being taught to believe in the small lies, like Santa, so you can learn to believe in the large ones, like justice.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Talorat posted:

There's also value in the act of pure giving that a Santa gift represents - of having your kids receive presents from some anonymous dude without taking credit for it yourself. Yes, it's all a sham, but it's a useful sham that has a lot of good value lessons connected with it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I never really understood the deal with Santa. I don't think I ever believed in him; maybe I did when I was really little, but I don't remember it all. Even if I did, I must have stopped believing at a very young age. Either way, kids love Santa not because he's Santa, but because he brings them gifts. As long as the kids know they'll still be getting gifts, I doubt most would give any fucks about Fatty Fatty McFatfuck Clause.

It definitely gets a little creepy when parents flip their poo poo over someone supposedly "spoiling" Santa for their kids. Across all of recorded history, number of kids mentally scarred by learning Santa isn't real at too young an age = ZERO. "Whuh..... what?! SANTA ISN'T REAL!!! WAAAAAAHHHH... wait, am I still getting an XBox and Literally Shaking Barbie? I AM! Cool! What was I crying about.... whatever, can't remember, back to staring blankly into my parents iPad."

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
PYF Santa stories

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kanfy posted:

PYF Santa stories

Does someone want to start a PYF Worst Christmas Gifts Ever Thread?
I'd start one, but I haven't received anything memorable, except for herpes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think this discussion is as good a time as any for this.

quote:

We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication below, expressing at the same time our great gratification that its faithful author is numbered among the friends of The Sun:

quote:

Dear Editor—
I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says, “If you see it in The Sun, it’s so.” Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?
Virginia O’Hanlon
Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.
Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.
You tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.
No Santa Claus! Thank God! he lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

Kanfy posted:

PYF Santa stories

Displays a deep and comprehensive knowledge of anime, I suppose.
Congrats.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The Netherlands' Santa that comes to town on horseback and breaks into your home with 6 to 8 black men, stuffs you in a sack, and repeatedly kicks it is real though, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCUHTDrca4s

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 14:23 on Dec 20, 2014

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Santa is fake

Krampus though, he's real, and BALLER

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There is an indeterminate number of Zwarte Pieten, usually just one when Sinterklaas is making the rounds and dropping presents through chimneys. Not sure where the 6-8 number comes from.

No one here believes in the pale imitation that is Santa Claus™ (de Kerstman), that would just be ridiculous. Living on the North Pole with his elves, there's only so much suspension of disbelief even for kids.

Fatkraken posted:

Santa is fake

OK this guy is cooler than both Sinterklaas and Santa Claus.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 14:48 on Dec 20, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There ain't no party like an ugly Christmas sweater party

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There ain't no party like an ugly Christmas sweater party

Glad to see Beecher enjoying the holidays with those crazy shades.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

Santa is fake

:nyd: I told you not to be bad. Don't do bad things I said, be a good boy I said, now who's getting kidnapped and who's got some sweet apples? Chump.

wavy gravy
Oct 23, 2009
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=236407316536761&set=vb.152802028230624&type=3&theater

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

kinmik posted:

You're right. This page did nothing wrong.

That page had some good ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I was always the curious sort when I was younger. I'm the kid who tried to spot Santa coming in and placing the presents every year. My father, in a panic at hearing my latest Santa-catching plan one year, informed me that if I, or anyone else, ever laid eyes on Santa he would die. Just drop dead right there. I was incredulous of course, until I got some corroborating evidence.

• Locked thread