Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

did anyone take a screenshot of that guy's meltdown? he keeps pretending we started some derail when it was him who did with a giant name and shame of nabreeki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

did anyone take a screenshot of that guy's meltdown? he keeps pretending we started some derail when it was him who did with a giant name and shame of nabreeki.

I didn't catch all of it, but he was demanding that Bluegeek remove several of our responses to his derail as token of fairness, since his post was removed.

He was particularly adamant that my post containing nothing more than a link to a very lovely song about "homies" and friendship be removed, but I think he gave up.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Because when you discipline one unruly autist child, fairness demands that you also punish the innocent party :downs:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
One time I hit a telephone pole and ruined my car. In fairness they let me break the windows of the local power company. I am glad I live in a xern1ty world.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9048733

A "Build a doff" contest is going on. I think everyone could use Butts or Nbreeki as a doff. The buffs of course should apply to disco.

Edit: Maybe a Xean doff as well that actually debuffs you or applies random confuse effects to your crew.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
We need awesome art of a disco ball.....

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Discoball Doff - When equipped nullifies the nullification of the subspace party nullifier.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Technical Analysis posted:

Discoball Doff - When equipped nullifies the nullification of the subspace party nullifier.

Master D the D ball

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Banned from the forums until the 26th. Not even sure why this time.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

As a respectable adult with a sense of humor you are a poor fit for the Star Trek Online forums.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Goat Pillager posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9048733

A "Build a doff" contest is going on. I think everyone could use Butts or Nbreeki as a doff. The buffs of course should apply to disco.

Edit: Maybe a Xean doff as well that actually debuffs you or applies random confuse effects to your crew.

Here's a blank one for you to use:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Very nice.

Also, Smirk loves me:

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/5714993?t=2h6m12s

Also Wesley and NoP callouts:

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/5714993?t=121m

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013

Furiously posted:

We need awesome art of a disco ball.....

Empire of the Rising Disco

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That was just a quick test one, ended up with:

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013
Plenty of callouts from Smirk today.
http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/5714993?t=44m

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Nbreeki, we need a good three-quarters headshot of your character on a neutral or black background, please.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Preechr posted:

Nbreeki, we need a good three-quarters headshot of your character on a neutral or black background, please.

I'll have it for you tonight. Surprised about the Smirk callouts, as he is the one that approved my bans, as no community mod has that power.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I did my entry.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Lagomorphic posted:

I did my entry.

10/10. I would never take Jojo off my active duty list.

AotC
May 16, 2010
I see lots of butts, but I still don't see the greatest duty officer...

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, Cryptic uses Eurostile LT Std for the majority of their in-game fonts (including doff text).

AotC fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 20, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I didn't make this one but the shameful goon who did is being shy so TOO BAD YOUR WORK IS BEING POSTED.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

I didn't make this one but the shameful goon who did is being shy so TOO BAD YOUR WORK IS BEING POSTED.

loving lol that's the best.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Preechr fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 20, 2014

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
There was a thing here, now there is not.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 20, 2014

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I see that the winter event is selling Breen ship modules for baubles, are they actually of any use or just a waste of tree decorations?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

'subject to granting'? I'm curious; are you saying that he will only deploy it if Emergency Power to Party is available for use?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Bloodly posted:

'subject to granting'? I'm curious; are you saying that he will only deploy it if Emergency Power to Party is available for use?

Rather, because Subspace Party Amplifier is deployed, if you stand under it, normal rules for 'Emergency Power to Party' apply. It was that, or copy-pasting the Rissian Entertainer's text and I wasn't in the mood to stretch the drat text further.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Thank you for this. I have been on the road for most of the past week so I haven't been able to get around to making one. However, this is way better than I could have done on my own.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Boys. :wink:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I was disappointed to learn a couple days ago that you no longer get free ships at 50+

I'm told that I can use my RA ship all the way through the rest of the end game but new ships (and new equipment to go in those ships) are pretty much the only reason I play this dumb game in the first place.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gawain The Blind posted:

I was disappointed to learn a couple days ago that you no longer get free ships at 50+

I'm told that I can use my RA ship all the way through the rest of the end game but new ships (and new equipment to go in those ships) are pretty much the only reason I play this dumb game in the first place.

There's JUST enough time (I think) left in the event for you to complete the winter event and get a free top-grade Tier 6 carrier (Or T5-upgraded raider or cruiser). Cryptic gives top-tier ships away every winter and summer.

Earning the EC in-game to buy four modules for a fleet-level ship (a level above RA ships) is pretty easy, to be honest.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Dec 21, 2014

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Gawain The Blind posted:

Even if you don't manage the winter event in time, you can just grab a Kazon raider and do pretty good with that for close to gently caress all EC, then work on grinding out enough for a fleet ship and upgrade token, or dil whore till you can afford a T6.

Generally there is always ways to get a ship if you really want it and have a bit of patience.

Not to mention that new ships get released semi-frequently.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

MikeJF posted:

There's JUST enough time (I think) left in the event for you to complete the winter event and get a free top-grade Tier 6 carrier (Or T5-upgraded raider or cruiser). Cryptic gives top-tier ships away every winter and summer.

Earning the EC in-game to buy four modules for a fleet-level ship (a level above RA ships) is pretty easy, to be honest.

One of the nice (only nice?) things from the R&D change in Season 9.5 is that now the stuff you get from elite queues sells well. I must have made close to 8 mil EC just from running queues in between chores yesterday, much better than foundry farming ever was.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

:siren:You can now have animated .gif's in your STO forum signature:siren:

I don't know if it's allowed, but I've seen someone using one already.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Preechr posted:

:siren:You can now have animated .gif's in your STO forum signature:siren:

I don't know if it's allowed, but I've seen someone using one already.

Congratulations, the Seventh level of Hell has now been unlocked. :peanut:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I came back to check out the Xmas event and I am angry the Epohh lady doesn't say her lines for me. The ferengi talks a lot, but no DON'T YOU WANT~

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

The best one yet.

• Locked thread