Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

http://www.canistream.it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

morestuff posted:

Not sure when It's Such A Beautiful Day went up, but I guess it's finally time to watch that

Everyone watch this now. It's honestly one of my favorite things ever. In a year that the most amount of great movies in recent memory, it was still the best thing to come out that year.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

This is a pretty awesome site, thank you for sharing!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Oh gently caress. It's a drat shame this was cut. Phase IV was not a great movie, but it certainly would have been better with this ending.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

Is labyrinth still any good and or the dark crystal

I've been watching a bunch of loving bond movies

Are they ever going to get any of the other Connery ones? They only have about half of them for some reason.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I hope so, I really want to see Dr. No again. But the campy Roger Moore stuff will have to do in the meantime. It's ok, I like Roger Moore Bond

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

morestuff posted:

Not sure when It's Such A Beautiful Day went up, but I guess it's finally time to watch that

By don hertzfelt? If so everyone needs to watch this. You should watch the entire trilogy but the ending to this had me in tears. Probably because I watched the series sequentially.

Just bawling like a little girl.

Also I'm loving Star Wars: the clone wars. Sure it feels completely like a kids show but anything that flaunts the extended universe is okay with me. It's kinda like kotor in that way. You get to see stuff you typically wouldn't in a movie. Even if the lovely senate scenes can dominate an episode.

At the very worst it's the worst of the new trilogy. At its best it has really good animation and at times can get pretty dark in a good way. If anything around the third season the entire series makes a pretty big tone shift. I enjoy it, it's the nitty gritty of that universe showing all the odds and ends. And considering the universe at times is one giant retrofitted thing after another it's awesome. It's also awesome to see things like imperial admirals/commanders as young republic captains.

Any star wars fan would like this series. Although, especially in the first half of the series, you'll have to be ready to cringe a bit. It gets better though, and the animation... Well I like it a lot, most of the time.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 19, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

NeoSeeker posted:

By don hertzfelt? If so everyone needs to watch this. You should watch the entire trilogy but the ending to this had me in tears. Probably because I watched the series sequentially.

What they have up is the entire trilogy edited so it flows a full feature.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

NeoSeeker posted:

It's the feature version that has the entire Bill Trilogy edited together.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Oh. I get the names mixed up sometimes, I thought this was in reference to the final chapter.
Then yeah everyone who has instant watch this or just unsubscribe.

It's not that pretentious, has the most insanely incredible animation (despite how simple it looks) and you actually start to care about a character who is in the most mundane, faceless setting ever.

Seriously, go watch this, right now! Take an hour out of your life to witness one of the most painfully constructed movies ever made.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 19, 2014

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Oh gently caress. It's a drat shame this was cut. Phase IV was not a great movie, but it certainly would have been better with this ending.

It doesn't seem that different from the regular ending, though I agree it is awesome.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

It is a full 3 minutes longer with little voice over, and has a lot more visually interesting things. I think it is way different, though I guess the message is the same.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

netflix has a pretty poor Xmas selection, as judged by the fact an Ernest movie might be their best offering. anyone know of any hidden Christmas gems on here? any cool Christmas episodes of TV shows?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Aye Doc posted:

netflix has a pretty poor Xmas selection, as judged by the fact an Ernest movie might be their best offering. anyone know of any hidden Christmas gems on here? any cool Christmas episodes of TV shows?

The Twilight Zone season 2 episode called "Night of the Meek" is pretty good.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Muppet Carol Christmas

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Aye Doc posted:

They have Scrooged, at least. That has to be better than watching an Ernest movie.

For Christmas episodes of TV shows, you might be better off just checking in on BetamaXmas now and again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

No one anywhere has Young Frankenstein :negative:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Erebus posted:

They have Scrooged, at least. That has to be better than watching an Ernest movie.

For Christmas episodes of TV shows, you might be better off just checking in on BetamaXmas now and again.

Scrooged is definitely good. In my top five favorite movies to watch around Christmas.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Chichevache posted:

It's on HBO Go if you can somehow access that.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
If you're willing to make some concessions, Call Me Claus, Chasing Christmas, All American Christmas Carol, and Get Santa are all fairly tolerable. If you want weird, there's Santa Claus Conquers The Martians and The Christmas That Almost Wasn't.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

There's a new BoJack Horseman Christmas Special up that's pretty funny.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

If Rare Exports is still up, that's always a fun Christmas movie.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

dik-dik posted:

There's a new BoJack Horseman Christmas Special up that's pretty funny.

I've heard of BoJack Horseman but this is ridiculous.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

(from twitter)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special is up and it's pretty great and insane.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Aye Doc posted:

Um Bad Santa is on instant so I don't know what you're talking about

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Chichevache posted:

It's on Netflix Argentina/Columbia/Brazil/Mexico.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

MrXmas posted:

Um Bad Santa is on instant so I don't know what you're talking about

This, Probably the greatest christmas movie of all time. But then again I'm one of those kinds of people who sees christmas as something people just do, like gay sex.

It's a black comedy heist film as well as a christmas film. It's just loving awesome.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special is up and it's pretty great and insane.

If you never got a chance to watch Pee-Wee inebriated in some way and you're of age I suggest doing so. It makes so much more sense.

Also Bad Grandpa gets a recommendation from me to anyone who likes Johnny Knocksville... Somehow I think I kinda have a crush on the guy in a weirdly platonic way. Maybe I'm just simply gay for him.

Just watch it if you haven't already, for Ryan Dunn. It's not great, but it's good. And the fact that some of the choir in the funeral segment didn't know what was going on only makes the chorus sung after even more hilarious. Of course some things are scripted but I get the feeling like even the heavily scripted segments had people in them who didn't know what was going on.

And I dunno about you but ever since they did it on jackass I've wanted a movie that was just those stunts where they dressed up as seniors and hosed around.

TL;DR: get loaded and watch bad santa, bad grandpa and Pee-Wee's playhouse. If you have already just a reminder that's an option.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 20, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Meltathon posted:

It's on HBO Go if you can somehow access that.

:gizz:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's on Netflix Argentina/Columbia/Brazil/Mexico.

Where wolf?

oh uckfay
Apr 29, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Yes. Bill Burr is a funny dude but his whole "women :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:" persona does nothing for me aside from making the Redditors of the world self-identify by referencing his routines without irony.

I totally get this. But the I've found the real solution is to not ever look at Reddit.

And to heap some praise on the new Burr special- it's great. The black & white, the playing of the crowd, and his act-outs are all fantastic. The way he does that helicopter bit from two different perspectives & the lengths he takes that hypothetical adoption joke to are both things that blew me away.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I think the reason why burr is able to do that is because he can change his entire demeanor from whatever it is at the current moment to something completely opposite.

All other comedians seem to carry some sentiment with them even into the next joke. Bill is able to change his tone like he wasn't just screaming for a minute straight 2 seconds ago.

His act is nicely compartmentalized because of his persona. It makes for a really neat "angry act". I can't really put it into words but at least someone will get it.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 20, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Watched the Bill Burr special. Was in tears laughing at least twice. Just fantastic stuff, totally worth watching.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Dang, if I'd known that It's Such A Beautiful Day was gonna be on Netflix I may've reconsidered buying Don's DVD collection from his website. Either way, I'm gonna add a +1 to the fact that everyone should watch it. One of my favorite movies ever, and definitely the best animated movie I've ever seen. Yes, I was in tears at the end too.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Holy poo poo, I just saw that helicopter bit from I'm Sorry You Feel That Way and I'm loving dying. That's it, I'm watching this poo poo tonight.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Reindeer Games is available for streaming . If you're not too cool for Ben Affleck it's got lots of sleazy Christmas atmosphere, some great character actors, and is goofy fun the whole way through. I say give it a shot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

Didn't someone say 13 Sins got pulled? Cause I just watched it and it was pretty drat good.

I watched this, and while I've got no regrets because it was fairly entertaining it was seriously one of the dumbest movies I've watched in a while. The writing/acting/direction/soundtrack are hilariously atrocious. I'm surprised it was in theaters and not a scyfy original.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 20, 2014

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Holy poo poo that first episode of Black Mirror :stare:

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

Does anyone know if the Dhoom trilogy is worth checking out?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Conal Cochran posted:

Does anyone know if the Dhoom trilogy is worth checking out?

I've seen Dhoom 1 and 2, and they have a lot of great crazy poo poo, but they're very long. Also the songs are very very catchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Obviously if you want a great Christmas episode of a TV show, watch A Very Sunny Christmas from season 6 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

The League has a couple great holiday episodes as well.

• Locked thread