Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, and by the way, Chicago is full of Italians, so yeah, I have basically been to Italy.

Chicago: Old-world Italians, new world Ukranian cigarettes, loving irish.

Also a buncha Pollaks everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Define fat. I have fat, but you can see my ribs and most of my abs are also visible.
i'm not asking if you have anorexia. everyone has fat. do you have a lot of it?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i'm in the "unhealthily skinny" camp of goons

disclaimer: am of chinese descent

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 20, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

R. Mute posted:

No. Obesity is a hallmark of poverty. gently caress looking poor, put the effort into maintaining your body and status.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

R. Mute posted:

I don't think so. But I've been living in the US for more than 4 years, maybe my standards do not match yours.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

R. Mute posted:

how many of you are fat? be honest.

i bike and walk every day and am moderately in shape

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
I'm in pretty good shape, I'd have to say.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think so. But I've been living in the US for more than 4 years, maybe my standards do not match yours.
from what you're saying i can't imagine you being much more than maybe a bit doughy. so not fat.

what i get from migfs posts is patrick batemanesque.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i bet zoux is fat

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

R. Mute posted:

from what you're saying i can't imagine you being much more than maybe a bit doughy. so not fat.

I'd say that's fair. Doughy with serious muscle underneath, though, as I do martial arts training on the reg.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Get a Whirley Pop. Makes waaaay better popcorn than a microwave.

or better yet just cook some popcorn in a regular pot on the stove like an adult with a shred of dignity and self respect

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i am quite thin actually

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

comes along bort posted:

or better yet just cook some popcorn in a regular pot on the stove like an adult with a shred of dignity and self respect

Counterpoint: Vermonters.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Aurubin posted:

People have, on multiple occasions, come up to me and started talking to me about issues of import to the local Jewish community. My fault for being pale with a beard and eating at a kosher deli a couple of times.

Is "mistaken for Jewish" a thing?

my spanish and portuguese professors always ask me if i'm jewish, because apparently only jews have my name in latin america

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
i'm like zack galifiniakis fat

so yes basically

on a related note someone brought a bunch of bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos into work today and after eating like twenty of them my colon is not doing great right now

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Wolfsheim posted:

so yes basically

on a related note someone brought a bunch of bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos into work today and after eating like twenty of them my colon is not doing great right now

Did they fill them with cream cheese to act as a balancer?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Wolfsheim posted:

so yes basically

he's not fat any more

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm your typical white "skinny guy with a large belly." You know, it's hard to keep pants in place without a belt, and I'm not willing to go full bracers.

I wasn't going to post this but microwave+eggchat means I will:

If you learn your microwave really well you can make 100% authentic and awesome (artery-blocking) hollandaise sauce in a microwave. You melt a stick of butter on low so it doesn't get super-hot. Separate three egg yolks and beat them. Whisk together and heat maybe 45 seconds. Whisk. Then, give it 5-10 seconds at a time, whisking in between, and watch carefully. If you can get it to the point where it's almost showing water vapor steaming off, it should thicken up nicely. Season with the juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon and some pepper (white is fine, but I prefer fresh-cracked black) and voila.

Meanwhile you've got english muffins in the toaster, canadian bacon on your griddle, and eggs poaching gently in a pot.

Assemble your Eggs Benedict, top with fresh choppped parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. It's unbelievably rich and delicious, with the salt from the pork, the crunch from the muffin, the savory eggs, and the rich sauce. You made it fresh just now, so you don't have to worry about the restaurant killing you with their hollandaise bacteria soup.

Caveat: You might have a heart attack very soon. For special occasions only.

Sadly, though I wanted to show off and make this for my girlfriend, she hates runny eggs. I can't decide if it's ok to poach eggs to a hard yolk. It feels wrong.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
it sounds wrong too. runny yolk is the stuff of life my man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i smoke and drink and cuss i am fat as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgUU1K7lbxg

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Next week will be the most important and one of the most eventful weeks of my life so far, what lovely weird goon food should I eat to mark this occasion

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Jagchosis posted:

Next week will be the most important and one of the most eventful weeks of my life so far, what lovely weird goon food should I eat to mark this occasion

Nothing but Cheetos three meals a day for all twelve days of Christmas.

E: Take a picture of your poo poo for us.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Aurubin posted:

People have, on multiple occasions, come up to me and started talking to me about issues of import to the local Jewish community. My fault for being pale with a beard and eating at a kosher deli a couple of times.

my girlfriend gets this all the time. it doesnt help that she works in a heavily jewish part of town and has a really old testamenty name.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Jagchosis posted:

"Today is the day I finally leave my hometown!"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

paranoid randroid posted:

my girlfriend gets this all the time. it doesnt help that she works in a heavily jewish part of town and has a really old testamenty name.

My girlfriend is half white jew and half Puerto Rican so she gets the exact opposite of it when trying to explain to people that she is jewish

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Rexicon1 posted:

"Today is the day I finally leave my hometown!"

I left my hometown a long time ago, it's more so the next 8 years of my life will be determined and then right after that I'm getting married and then going on a bender. Big week.

plus whatever christmas bullshit

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 20, 2014

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"mistaken for jewish" sounds like it should be the title of one of those well-meaning but totally boneheaded What If comics from the sixties where, like, Lois Lane gets turned into a black woman

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Jeepers, Superman, I got myself into a real pickle this time!", said boy reporter Jimmy Olsen. "I don't know the first thing about writing opening monologs for late night talk show hosts!"

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

paranoid randroid posted:

"mistaken for jewish" sounds like it should be the title of one of those well-meaning but totally boneheaded What If comics from the sixties where, like, Lois Lane gets turned into a black woman

It's the plot to one of the segments in the Twilight Zone movie. Some racist jerk gets ported back to the French occupation, gets perceived as a Jew, and is shot at by Nazis. Then John Landis kills a couple kids with a helicopter.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aurubin posted:

Respond with a strong movie German accent and respond loudly. People vill learn not to make zat mistake again!

My Imaginary GF posted:

No. Obesity is a hallmark of poverty. gently caress looking poor, put the effort into maintaining your body and status.

Exception: Be a banker, lawyer or tax advisor over the age of 50 in a three piece suit with a pocket watch. Mild obesity is required for brand identity there.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

comes along bort posted:

he's not fat any more

holy poo poo

not comfortable with this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Immediately less funny

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

comes along bort posted:

Spoken like a man who's never had the pleasure of using a Whirley Pop.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

At a suburban ymca at 8 am for a swim meet.

Doesn't get any better than this.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

At a suburban ymca at 8 am for a swim meet.

Doesn't get any better than this.

About to head out for my Saturday kung fu class. Then I'm shopping for business wear. Thanks for the tips upthread, folks!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

On Thursday i wore blue pants with a black blazer just to spite you all.

From hells heart I stab at thee.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

You sure showed us.

Meanwhile, actual people that you interact with bodily saw and judged you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The only client I saw hired me

That's a 1:1 correlation

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gotta be an outlier. Further testing is required. Continue wearing that exact same thing every day and report back. Someone will let you know when to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just awoke from a dream about reality tv show Mob Wives.

euphronius posted:

The only client I saw hired me

That's a 1:1 correlation

Blue pants/black blazer is the weirdest fetish I've heard of, so congrats.

• Locked thread