Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Skip My Posts posted:

He won't be able to get through an actual camp without being injured.....or peer pressured. Both dangerous obstacles

You sure do have an issue with someone's life choices that have no bearing on your life whatsoever.

Pretty apt username too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Do they have guys like that at lower weight classes? Or will they just bring somebody in

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

Do they have guys like that at lower weight classes? Or will they just bring somebody in

in like 3 years they will bring back a depressed jon fitch with a beer belly

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
ufc 235 will feature cm punk versus a sakurai so fat that he can't stand under his own power

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

david carmichael posted:

ufc 235 will feature cm punk versus a sakurai so fat that he can't stand under his own power

the triumphant return of emanuel yarborough

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Man 100 posts in the CM Punk thread something cool must have happened!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Except for the one funny rhyming post three pages ago or so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

david carmichael posted:

in brightest day in blackest night
never shall i watch a fight
cm punk i will white knight
YOU WILL ALL SEE IM RIGHT

this was it. Everything else was just bad. Please stop being bad posters.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man 100 posts in the CM Punk thread something cool must have happened!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Except for the one funny rhyming post three pages ago or so.

I had the same reaction. I thought he'd picked a camp.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Since CM Punk is a wrestler, please call it "fighting spirit" and not "willpower" tia

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I had the same reaction. I thought he'd picked a camp.

He did.

http://royalfamilykids.org

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
How will this guy have the discipline to go through a proper weight camp and weight cut if he doesn't even have the discipline to drink one beer without breaking down. I just don't see it.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
in three years imagine just how washed up the currently washed up fighters at 185 will be. joe riggs will have evolved from tapping out to takedowns to tapping out to clinches, karo will get tko'd by slipping after a leg kick and do the darth vader "NOOOOOOOOOOO", drew ficket will probably die of alcoholism, jt$ will probably also die of alcoholism, chris leben will probably also die of alcoholism, cody mckenzie will probably also die of alcoholism, etc

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It's going to be cool to see what happens to Chris Leben & how we react. I'm a student of the human condition.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
so i guess what i'm saying is that i don't know who the middleweight wes shivers is, but we will never be lacking in middleweight wes sims

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How will this guy have the discipline to go through a proper weight camp and weight cut if he doesn't even have the discipline to drink one beer without breaking down. I just don't see it.

Yeah drunk dads have helped so many fighters in the past but not this time. He didn't have the willpower to use it correctly

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Hammer coleman's dad gave him much worse drunken beatings but you don't see him drawing on his hands and being a big whiny pussy about it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Skip My Posts posted:

Mark Hammer coleman's dad gave him much worse drunken beatings but you don't see him drawing on his hands and being a big whiny pussy about it

That's because Mark Coleman is a beacon and example to all, instead of a greasy kid from Chicago who was an extra on Jesse James's Monster Garage.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
excuse me, but cm punk got into straight edge because he really liked the music genre

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's going to be so funny when CM Punk wins all his matches by judges decision.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I assumed straight edge people went extinct, like dinosaurs, or Japanese MMA.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Thankfully all the judges are already blind, so they will pick Pepsi.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I like how all the MMA dudes don't have a shift key, that makes it easy to pick out who knows stuff about MMA.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I assumed straight edge people went extinct, like dinosaurs, or Japanese MMA.

I legitimately get fewer strange looks by telling people I'm a 19th century teetotaler.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i don't trust cm phil not because he doesn't drink, but because he doesn't drink for reasons other than destroyed his life through crippling alcoholism and got sober

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 19, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
matt mitrione also played in the NFL, so he is used to things like working out, training camps, practicing, extreme amounts of brutal contact where the goal is to impose your will on the other person. cm phil competed in a scripted event where he got upset the other guys made him have a boo boo

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

in three years imagine just how washed up the currently washed up fighters at 185 will be. joe riggs will have evolved from tapping out to takedowns to tapping out to clinches, karo will get tko'd by slipping after a leg kick and do the darth vader "NOOOOOOOOOOO", drew ficket will probably die of alcoholism, jt$ will probably also die of alcoholism, chris leben will probably also die of alcoholism, cody mckenzie will probably also die of alcoholism, etc

Joe Riggs has been tapping out to takedowns for 5 years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNHFuNL0mc

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wrestling brings us together, wrestling tears us apart

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9EoKMAbH-I

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

i can't wait for the meltdowns

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

MagicCube posted:

Punk's been working on his takedowns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Here's one of his sparring sessions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Cabbit posted:

I legitimately get fewer strange looks by telling people I'm a 19th century teetotaler.

it's all good until you start listening to completely garbo music and have to talk about it every other minute.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's going to be so funny when CM Punk wins all his matches by hitting the Go 2 Sleep

BEST IN THE WORLD

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

If anyone doubts that a 30-something pro wrestling champion can find success in MMA I remind you that Daniel Cormier, first and only holder of the Real Pro Wrestling 211lb belt, will be moving to 16-0 in two weeks. :colbert:

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
Haven't read the thread yet. How many butthurt ufc marks have peppered these 30+ pages with "m-muh askren" posts?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
CM Punk should fight Roy Nelson. He's older, shorter and in worse shape.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Great White Hope posted:

It's almost a lock that any odds made will have Punk as a very heavy favorite against anybody he's going to face while he's an unknown.

no way whatsoever. he's the complete underdog. he's rocky balboa, whoever he's fighting is apollo creed. the odds will be stacked against him, both in betting figures and in the octagon. he will have to overcome these odds, and when he does, i will be rich off a $10 (9.99) bet

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
CM Punk will likely be fighting a 0-0 or maybe 0-1 fighter, I find it hard to believe he'd be an underdog at all really.

Also his opponent is gonna be a fat featherweight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How many butthurt UFC marks are in here making fun of the UFC for signing a pro wrestler too cowardly to drink a beer?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Can't wait to see the asspain buttcrying when CM Punk wins his first match (by judges decision, which will own you even more) and then not drink the usual celebratory post match in ring beer with joe rogan.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

drink the usual celebratory post match in ring beer

Oplot never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Lets all be normal and use wrestling insider terms to describe other things, because no blue eye would have heat with them gimmicks brother

• Locked thread