Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
With such a tight slot I think they'll just finish introducing each other before having to say goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Wow, Neil Degrasse Tyson on The Wolf Den. They must really be feeling the heat from Hollywood Handbook to bring out the big guns

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Is your pussy a coffin, because it smells like dead bodies comin outta there YOU MOO LATTO!

Just the way everybody cracks up afterwards is the best

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ya that was a top-tier lineup. Gabrus always comes through with the most heinous thing you can imagine.

The "more grounded" game was totally strange, though. What was the gimmick, Besser narrating?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I love how Gabrus is always barely holding it together with every show he's on.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
This was the best I4H in a while.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Today's Wild Horses Lapkast is super great, easily my favorite ep yet.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Top notch fart from Mary Hollande. I love how no one could hold it together.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

How did U Talkin go like ten episodes before playing Scott's parody of Vertigo?!?!

Hello hello! Just ate a thing called a tangelo!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

How did U Talkin go like ten episodes before playing Scott's parody of Vertigo?!?!

I need something I can peeeeel

I can peeeeeeeeeeel

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

That is a bigger conspiracy than the jews bombing 9/11 and the fake moon landing. What comedian hosts a U2 podcast where they make fart noises and bullshit for close to a year and doesn't disclose that he made U2 parody songs years ago.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Zsinjeh posted:

That is a bigger conspiracy than the jews bombing 9/11 and the fake moon landing. What comedian hosts a U2 podcast where they make fart noises and bullshit for close to a year and doesn't disclose that he made U2 parody songs years ago.

This is why they're depriving us of The Interview

To make way for Tangelo

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

cams posted:

Thomas Middleditch is hilarious and he's great on the Handbook (that's what we socal natives call it you know)

Too Thune.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

LAKE SHARK!

Hmm, everyone drives a crabbist...

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Based on the small snippet they discuss today, I'd like to hear Amy and Devin do an episode of The Canon on just the things they've seen in Hollywood. The HFPA seems like the best group to be part of.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

7 20-something white nerds all talking at once over a phone with Sean and Hayes screaming in agony and likely bleeding from their eyes and ears is a late-comer but obviously the Best Moment Of 2014.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm baffled as to why that Chanson guy called in and how gender politics arguments come up so frequently in their forums.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Jon Gabrus is once again amazing and those first 2 sketches were really great. Stephanie Allynne is great too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It was a great idea to just double up on this improv4humans lineup. I also thought it was funny that Betsy was always a roommate, while Stephanie was a girlfriend/wife.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

It was a great idea to just double up on this improv4humans lineup. I also thought it was funny that Betsy was always a roommate, while Stephanie was a girlfriend/wife.

The Earwolf Twitter says it's actually a trilogy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really would like that Improv4humans special Garbrus suggested

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Gabrus' bit about Tim Ferriss and drinking urine was genius

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'll take that as a 'yes.'

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

7 20-something white nerds all talking at once over a phone with Sean and Hayes screaming in agony and likely bleeding from their eyes and ears is a late-comer but obviously the Best Moment Of 2014.

Sean is fun to talk basketball with though.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
The new improv4humans was so good, it made me download all of The Sunday Service's long-dormant podcast, A Beautiful Podcast. I've known about it for a long time from the members of Sunday Service making frequent appearances on Stop Podcasting Yourself, but I'd never been able to find the drat thing because searching "sunday service" turns up a bunch of Christian podcasts and "beautiful podcast" yields every other show with "beautiful" in the title. I finally googled it and listened to a few episodes and it's real funny, vaguely comparable to a Superego or a Pod F. Tompkast, and can be found here.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

With this With Special Guest host it's really weird hearing another person doing a Tom Leykis voice.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 26, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://youtu.be/v4fupXxQsGo

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

Teenage Fansub posted:

With this With Special Guest host it's really weird hearing another person doing a Tom Leykis voice.

he didn't start out as a full-on Leykis but as it dragged on it seemed like he adopted more and more of the adomian bit.

i'm also wondering if the show would benefit from more of the guest hosts not trying to do a character on top of the lapkus character and instead going the PFT route where he was essentially just playing himself. sometimes it seems like the host is spending too much time trying to flesh out their own character instead of just delving into all that lapkus is giving them.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Agreed if the host was actually the host, which they aren't.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Has anyone figured out the rules for Penball yet?

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

It's like soccer except there's a pen and if you have it then you suffer a series of increasingly violent seizures until you lobotomize yourself like in the classic film Pi (1998).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

whiggles posted:

he didn't start out as a full-on Leykis but as it dragged on it seemed like he adopted more and more of the adomian bit.

i'm also wondering if the show would benefit from more of the guest hosts not trying to do a character on top of the lapkus character and instead going the PFT route where he was essentially just playing himself. sometimes it seems like the host is spending too much time trying to flesh out their own character instead of just delving into all that lapkus is giving them.

I feel just the opposite because the Besty Sodaro episode was one of the worst ones as she had nothing to do except be a straight-man.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought Betsy was WAY better for the show than the two male hosts since PFT.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 29, 2014

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Rad Dad character was one of the least funny things I've ever listened to on earwolf

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
If the first ten minutes don't grab me I just skip forward to the Traci Reardon segment and end the episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The part where rad dad went into detail about trying to suck his own dick in a podcast for his kids was kinda funny

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Rad Dad Padcast was pretty amazing, and if I had to rank my favorites it's probably a solid #2 behind the one with Erin Whitehead and Mary Holland. "Brandon" getting incredibly worked up whenever he tries to talk about something, especially the genius of Penball, is such a high bar to leap, and the hosts were great. You can tell they all regularly do this sort of thing together.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I see by the site that the latest By The Way has both Bob Odinkirk and Adam Resnick. Is the former just holding the latter's hand as he tours the world of podcasting? Will Adam get on better with Jeff Garlin than he did with Scott? All of these questions and more will go unanswered rather than listen to that.
Also, Hollywood Handbook listeners should definitely check out Dan Klein's special

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Really enjoyed the entire narrative improv trilogy on I4H, especially this most recent one. Being able to flesh out the characters in a variety of different scenarios was pretty fun to listen to, and Besser did a great job of chiming in and moving the scenes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

Really enjoyed the entire narrative improv trilogy on I4H, especially this most recent one. Being able to flesh out the characters in a variety of different scenarios was pretty fun to listen to, and Besser did a great job of chiming in and moving the scenes along.

I think this is the first time they have used the same characters through every scene. It was beautiful.