Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tetra :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

That was pretty spiff. Going on the offensive against the sub-bosses? Nice plan, Shiroe.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:patriot: Mr. Democracy is less of a jerk :patriot:

Also :lol: at the interaction between Demikas and his PotL wife.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Annointed posted:

New episode actual animation, new tank armor, tactical splits, self harming bosses, and Shiro facing an Angel straight out of Eva with that jerk Kunie, all surounded by the gold of the world.

I think we can understand Shiroe's plan now, he was just after his own Reality Marble.

I am the bank of my world
Silver is my body and finance is my blood
I have created over a thousand coins
Unknown to debt, nor known to loans
Have withstood pain to create many contracts
Yet, those hands will never own anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Gold Works.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
:allears:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

At some point Tetra and Rudy will be in the same room, this can only end well.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
You haven't even come close to realizing how :allears: Tetra is.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rudy makes every episode better.

Also Demikas :allears:

Shiroe also has an item that would seemingly prevent his memory loss from here on out, but super excited to get to the Plant Hwaden stuff as from here on out I haven't read the novels.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 20, 2014

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
This was the best episode of the season because Rudy.

And Tetra :allears:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So, anyone want to talk about the implications of Shiroe's deal with the Kunie which effectively reverts property ownership of all Yamato to contracts of trust, rather than the unbending laws of the game? I found it funny that Nureha was absolutely miserable in her comfy room, seriously it's like a padded cell.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It'll basically settle the cold war issue between Akiba and Minami. Both sides had to be wary of getting a vital building bought out by the other side so they spent a ton of money to lock down their cities. Plant Hwyaden was probably better at it because some of their funding also came from the Lander nobles, while the Round Table was nearing their limits.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
But the Round Table's power came from owning the player buildings. If they don't own the Guild Hall or the Cathedral, how can they enforce laws for Adventurers? If you kill them they just respawn, and if you try to imprison them they can commit suicide and respawn. Owning at least one of those two buildings is what keeps everyone honest, because suddenly there are consequences for misbehavior. Maybe the RT kept one or both of them because I see them falling apart otherwise.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

That was initially when things were more chaotic and people were being total assholes because they figured they could get away with it.

Akiba's largely calmed down and the more dysfunctional elements rehabilitated or expelled. Obviously the latter can come back now but being socially ostracized by everyone kind of hurts. Akiba's gone through a few crisis where they pulled through by voluntarily working together because they liked Akiba's casual and friendly atmosphere.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Argas posted:

That was initially when things were more chaotic and people were being total assholes because they figured they could get away with it.

Because they could get away with it. And now they can get away with it once again.

quote:

Akiba's largely calmed down and the more dysfunctional elements rehabilitated or expelled. Obviously the latter can come back now but being socially ostracized by everyone kind of hurts. Akiba's gone through a few crisis where they pulled through by voluntarily working together because they liked Akiba's casual and friendly atmosphere.

That doesn't eliminate petty crime, or crimes of passion. How does a society function without a system of justice?

I guess they could make you pay wergild if you kill a Lander? There's a system to go back to.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Griever posted:

This was the best episode of the season because Rudy.

And Tetra :allears:

Seriously Rudy please get more episodes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
gently caress Rudy.

gently caress Tetra.

Give me these dudes pls:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yeah, I'm interested in them since they appear every single time in the opening. But man, power mittens's outfit is horrible!!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Toshimo posted:

gently caress Rudy.

gently caress Tetra.

Give me these dudes pls:

I hadn't really thought about it, but everybody in this party appears to be a dual-wielder, so they are obviously way cooler than I initially thought.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, I'm interested in them since they appear every single time in the opening. But man, power mittens's outfit is horrible!!

I dunno, her getup is pretty generic looking to me. OTOH armor maid that dual wields shields is :krad:.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I dunno, her getup is pretty generic looking to me. OTOH armor maid that dual wields shields is :krad:.

It's just really fanservicey. In a show like LH, where the female characters' outfits are generally pretty decent, it really stands out as egregious.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

DrSunshine posted:

It's just really fanservicey. In a show like LH, where the female characters' outfits are generally pretty decent, it really stands out as egregious.

Well Kanami's previous character also has a pretty fanservicey outfit so I guess she's just that character type.

Except this time she figured she'd also pull the boob slider to max as well. :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
More MMOs need boob sliders (and their companion, the moob slider) :v:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DrSunshine posted:

More like, where are all the guys playing as girl characters with skimpy clothes? I thought for sure that would be a big issue.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I imagine it was for the sake of simpler storytelling, same as why all the scrubs are young and nobody's wearing stupid names like xXx_sephiroth69_xXx.

Plus it's been 20 years, one can imagine the gamer population matured a bit.

(There are some, though. The girl in belly dancer-ish outfit that sometimes shows up along with Krusty is a guy. And then there's Tetra. But if it's not important to the plot (or fan-made) you can assume the simplest outcome)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Akatsuki's character started off as a guy so outside of flukes like Tetra most characters, excluding the beast people, look somewhat similar to their real life selves.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kyte posted:

I imagine it was for the sake of simpler storytelling, same as why all the scrubs are young and nobody's wearing stupid names like xXx_sephiroth69_xXx.

Krusty
William Massachusetts
Leonardo, the Ninja Turtle

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Toshimo posted:

Krusty
William Massachusetts
Leonardo, the Ninja Turtle

"The origin of the guild's name was Krusty randomly hitting his keyboard and hitting the letter D. However, because naming a guild with just one letter isn't allowed, he settled for D.D.D."

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is this show good again yet and has rudy done anything yet

somewhat of a redundant question i know

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Latest thing Rudy did was being fabulous in the welcome back -party. As for quality, I wasn't too fond of Akihabara stuff when it was mostly character development, but raid half was awesome.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

On today's Log Horizon: Nyanta continues to be the best, small girls are furries, autistic ninjas are paranoid and grand vizier types fail to remember that being the power behind the throne is pretty good, but you should probably try to keep the guy on the throne on side, because everyone not in the know is answering to her not you.. Especially when she's an innovative wizard who decides whether you can die.

Rudy didn't do anything for valentine's day! That seems out of character.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Didn't he have no idea about Christmas either?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Kyte posted:

Didn't he have no idea about Christmas either?

Yeah, but they seemed to imply Valentine's day was a local thing too, with all the lore around the fruit.

(Someone needs to make Nyanta's baked fruit-mush thingies. What do you think the fantasy fruit was, something a bit like a pear?)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Anyway, here is a :can: : is Tetra a male player in a female character body, or a male player in a male character body who cross dresses?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Dzhay posted:

(Someone needs to make Nyanta's baked fruit-mush thingies. What do you think the fantasy fruit was, something a bit like a pear?)
I was thinking peach. Regardless, I don't think any kind of fruit would cook up well like that. You'd end up with some kind of puree that wouldn't hold together well. Either that or some kind of candied fruit thingy. What Nyanta did seemed more appropriate for a potato. In fact, he called the end-result sweet potato cakes or something like that.

I'm guessing the fruit was very starchy and not at all good to eat without cooking first. Don't know for sure though. Just a guess.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a new episode up today. I guess I assumed last week was the final episode of the season. Looks like we're in for 24 episodes this season?

I'm thinking Rudy went "home" for the day and had something to do regarding Valentine's Day. Would be terrific if he had a wife or girlfriend or something.....

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

Anyway, here is a :can: : is Tetra a male player in a female character body, or a male player in a male character body who cross dresses?

Probably the latter, as Rudy says (s)he's "obviously" a boy.

Anyone who speaks a bit of Japanese: does Tetra speak in the "girly" fashion I assume? If so, I guess people are picking up on clues from his/her appearance, which aren't very clear in anime-vision.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Poor Nureha, having the symbol of your love stamped out on Valentines Day while also being told no one would love you. But the last part was kind of disturbing. Yay Shiroe, you got her purpose in life, but I think she's going to redirect all her crazy to you.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
Aside from the sudden disappearance of Akatsuki's confidence, it was a fun little episode. I almost thought they were going for an episode number joke by noting the 2.14 in the title, but this was only episode 13.

More importantly, next week has the Best Party!

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

is this show good again yet

I think 'it's a valentine's day episode' pretty well answers this

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Dzhay posted:

Probably the latter, as Rudy says (s)he's "obviously" a boy.

Anyone who speaks a bit of Japanese: does Tetra speak in the "girly" fashion I assume? If so, I guess people are picking up on clues from his/her appearance, which aren't very clear in anime-vision.

In terms of pronouns, Tetra uses the boyish boku to refer to herself (?). I can't comment on any other nuances with authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I believe it's the former. Tetra's voice is because the mind is adapting to the body (it was one of the three discoveries made by the research guild earlier in the season)

• Locked thread