Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
As much as playing the Murphy levels alone frusturates me, going through with a friend of mine was pretty great, and playing some of these later stages is a pretty great time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
So I'm thinking about getting Super Mario 3D World tomorrow, and maybe another game since Best Buy is doing a B1G1 40% sale.

Only problem is, I'm torn: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, or Bayonetta 2?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

You really can't go wrong with any of those three, but if you don't mind your shopping cart being platformer heavy, I'd recommend Tropical Freeze. It's the most fun I've had with a platforming game since the DKC 2/Yoshi's Island days. Every level just feels really inventive and there's just a bunch of good visual detail everywhere. There are tons of secrets that are genuinely fun to unlock and don't feel like a chore in the way that Banana Birds and blueprints did later on in Rare's DK games.

Also, it might be cheaper to price match both of those games with K-Mart unless you have Gamers Club Unlocked, just a heads up.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Austrian mook posted:

As much as playing the Murphy levels alone frusturates me, going through with a friend of mine was pretty great, and playing some of these later stages is a pretty great time.
Rayman Legends is totally worth it for the underwater and musical levels alone, imo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Charles Martel posted:

So I'm thinking about getting Super Mario 3D World tomorrow, and maybe another game since Best Buy is doing a B1G1 40% sale.

Only problem is, I'm torn: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, or Bayonetta 2?

I'd also go for Tropical Freeze out of the 3 there, but you really can't go wrong with any of those

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

The last two will give you the most bang for your buck (Bayonetta 2 because it's 2 games in one, Hyrule Warriors because of the staggering amount of content) but they're all such different kinds of games that it really depends on what you feel like playing right now.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spectacle Rock posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how just a year ago everyone said the Wii U was doomed. Now look at it.

You forget, Nintendo even saw the Wii-U as doomed. They then decided to start releasing games to try and un-doom it.

Next month though starts the 3 month dry period where the Wii-U is getting no games at all.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

The last two will give you the most bang for your buck (Bayonetta 2 because it's 2 games in one, Hyrule Warriors because of the staggering amount of content) but they're all such different kinds of games that it really depends on what you feel like playing right now.

DKC:TF isn't short on content though. Took me ~20 hours to 100% it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fremry posted:

DKC:TF isn't short on content though. Took me ~20 hours to 100% it.

I'm not saying it isn't but that's still considerably shorter than the other two.

DK is still a good choice regardless.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Taint Reaper posted:

You forget, Nintendo even saw the Wii-U as doomed. They then decided to start releasing games to try and un-doom it.

Next month though starts the 3 month dry period where the Wii-U is getting no games at all.

Good that means I'll have time to catch up on my backlog.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kirby is out in February in Japan and NA, and there's a fair smattering of undated games that they said they wanna release in the first half of the year (Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Star Fox) plus whatever other surprise crap they pull out of their hat with no notice.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FPzero posted:

Good that means I'll have time to catch up on my backlog.

I dunno Captain toad is like 4 hours long and then there's nothing but the endless embrace of the void.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Spectacle Rock posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how just a year ago everyone said the Wii U was doomed. Now look at it.

As just said, if anything, now we have too many good games! Zelda U in 2015 should be the clincher.

Aside from people in this thread saying they have too many good Wii U games to play, it seems a lot of others still feel this way about it. Hell the Giantbombcast this week had them saying something about how the Wii U would probably never become much bigger or sell much since MK8 and Smash didn't give it a giant install base or whatever. Then they started saying there aren't any more games to get people interested, saying Star Fox is too small and Zelda isn't enough to help it either. It just seems everyone that doesn't own a Wii U is convinced it's death is already here still.

Would be nice if third parties just didn't jump ship after releasing mostly lovely ports on the Wii U. I seem to recall people complaining that Batman, Darksiders... and.... I assume another one or two but I can't recall... I remember people saying they ran like poo poo and didn't look too good, but then at the same time blaming it on being a lovely port done by C or D teams basically.

(and yes I know 3rd party games tend to not sell well on Nintendo consoles, but at this point it often seems a large part due to most 3rd party games being trash or super niche games)

---------------------------

Anyway, time for a more important, cute post. I've been thinking I want to get Captain Toad on the eShop so I can get the last $5 code from the DDP. At the same time I've had to spend about $1,000 fixing my car this month right after finishing my Christmas shopping. I'm going to probably wait and put the charge on my next month's credit card statement. The DDP only takes 1 day to process the credit for money spent, right?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MaxDuo posted:

The DDP only takes 1 day to process the credit for money spent, right?

Yup, 24 hours or less, but I'd try and get it done a few days early just in case. By that I mean get Toad Game now

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
You know what would grow their base? A perfect dark/Golden Eye/CoD/Team Fortress clone with Smash Bros characters. I would play the gently caress out of that game.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kirby is out in February in Japan and NA, and there's a fair smattering of undated games that they said they wanna release in the first half of the year (Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Star Fox) plus whatever other surprise crap they pull out of their hat with no notice.

2015 is shaping up to be another cute year for cute gamers.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

karn1635 posted:

You know what would grow their base? A perfect dark/Golden Eye/CoD/Team Fortress clone with Smash Bros characters. I would play the gently caress out of that game.

It's no joke, after Splatoon comes out they need to just make the same game but with every Nintendo/Smash thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4re3tJ09rWk

I'd kill to play stuff like this or Mario Deathmatch but with an actual budget and polishing.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Mercury Crusader posted:

I can't find a good pic of that fire puppy from Yoshi's Woolly World but they thing is THE CUTEST. When he gets the yarn wrapped around his mouth? :kimchi:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mercury Crusader posted:

Fixed

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno Captain toad is like 4 hours long and then there's nothing but the endless embrace of the void.

you only got 4 hours out of captain toad?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Taint Reaper is not a cute gamer and therefore cannot play Captain Toad.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Dang, you beat me to it. Oh well, I thought this one was cuter (watch out, though - it's big!).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I just noticed those clay Kirbys have little fingerprint marks all over them. :allears:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

The Taint Reaper posted:

Zelda and Xenoblade both come out in 2015 so it's going to be another great year.

I_Like_Me
Dec 26, 2004
Any deals on eShop cards?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I_Like_Me posted:

Any deals on eShop cards?

Best buy has them for 10% off this week, so today is the last day.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I recently purchased a Wii U, and have Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D World, and Nintendoland. I do not have any controllers other than the gamepad the system came with, and I'm wondering, what second controller should I get? It sounds like the pro controller is great, but will that let my brother and I play all the Nintendoland games? I haven't actually tried the game yet, under the assumption it's a multiplayer game meant to be used with a second player that has a Wiimote+Nunchuck. And a Wiimote+Nunchuck would be cheaper to buy, right? Does it have to be a motionplus one?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

katkillad2 posted:

Zelda and Xenoblade both come out in 2015 so it's going to be another great year.

If those aren't December or November releases I will be surprised.

Awesome! posted:

you only got 4 hours out of captain toad?

It's an ungodly short game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FAT BATMAN posted:

I recently purchased a Wii U, and have Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D World, and Nintendoland. I do not have any controllers other than the gamepad the system came with, and I'm wondering, what second controller should I get? It sounds like the pro controller is great, but will that let my brother and I play all the Nintendoland games? I haven't actually tried the game yet, under the assumption it's a multiplayer game meant to be used with a second player that has a Wiimote+Nunchuck. And a Wiimote+Nunchuck would be cheaper to buy, right? Does it have to be a motionplus one?

Only certain games use the motion+. I think the Zelda one uses it, for example. Honestly, it's kind of a toss up as to which controller you should buy. I'd lean more towards the pro controller, but doing that leaves you with no Nintendoland multiplayer for games that support it. Getting a wiimote allows that, but then you're left with a really bad controller for Smash Bros.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's an ungodly short game.

It's not at all

Taint Reaped etc

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Zelda is sure to come out Nov 20 (1 week before Black Friday, standard Nintendo holiday release date). Xenoblade's an uncertainty, probably the fall.

Games coming earlier in the year (roughly by release order): Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, Starfox

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ultigonio posted:

Dang, you beat me to it. Oh well, I thought this one was cuter (watch out, though - it's big!).

Did a bunch of Kirby renders get released and no one told me about it? I need more of these.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Is it seriously correct that Kind Dedede Amiibo are already sold out despite not being out yet? Hot drat.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

Zelda is sure to come out Nov 20 (1 week before Black Friday, standard Nintendo holiday release date). Xenoblade's an uncertainty, probably the fall.

Games coming earlier in the year (roughly by release order): Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, Starfox

I think Mario Maker will be in there somewhere between Yoshi and Starfox.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Macaluso posted:

It's not at all

Taint Reaped etc

Every single google result says it's a short game or short on content.

But with toads being fungus midgets I guess it's fitting.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

PoshAlligator posted:

Is it seriously correct that Kind Dedede Amiibo are already sold out despite not being out yet? Hot drat.

their handling of these things has been ridiculous

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Awesome! posted:

their handling of these things has been ridiculous

all I want in this world is a King Dedede Amiibo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Supercar Gautier posted:

I 'unno, I can feel it in my gut that Xenoblade X is going to get pushed to 2016.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Every single google result says it's a short game or short on content.

Well I guess I can't argue with that :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I 'unno, I can feel it in my gut that Xenoblade X is going to get pushed to 2016.

The game's nearly done. It's on track for early 2015 in Japan, and the English localization, while surely hefty, isn't going to take THAT long to complete.

• Locked thread