Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Waffleopolis posted:

I have a question for digitally downloaded games. Do they tend to crash more then cartridge games? I've been trying to get into Mario & Luigi Dream Team (which I downloaded on its release day) and twice it has crashed on me when it's trying to transition into something like a new room or a menu. I hope I don't I can stop this. :(

Sounds like your SD card is bad. Any other large games on it you've played all the way through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

iuvian posted:

Sounds like your SD card is bad. Any other large games on it you've played all the way through?

Yes you would unless you back up the save in the 3DS options menu.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yes, there's a backup save option on the data management menu. It's pretty easy to use.

It does sound like a bad SD card, though.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
That's the thing, the only games I've had a problem with so far have been Dream Team and the Ambassador GBA games. Every other game has ran perfectly.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads up: Levels 5 IA will be doing a sale starting on the 25th; Inazuma Eleven will be 50% off, the Guild games will be $2.99 / £2.69 / €2.99 each.

Awesome, I've been waiting for a sale to buy Weapon Shop de Omasse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Waffleopolis posted:

That's the thing, the only games I've had a problem with so far have been Dream Team and the Ambassador GBA games. Every other game has ran perfectly.

Well they're probably on the segment of memory in the card that's having problems.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Has anyone been able to price match the K-Mart deals with places like Target or Best Buy? I really want to pick up Animal Crossing now that finals are over, but K-Mart is an unknown existence over here.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I just managed to pricematch Link Between Worlds for 20 bucks at Walmart.

Do note if they look it up on their phone the price will show up waaaaay down below recommended items for some crazy reason.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Zaa Boogie posted:

I just managed to pricematch Link Between Worlds for 20 bucks at Walmart.

Do note if they look it up on their phone the price will show up waaaaay down below recommended items for some crazy reason.

So do you just walk in and say, "Hey I want to price match this game" and they look it up? I don't really do these things.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Nondevor posted:

So do you just walk in and say, "Hey I want to price match this game" and they look it up? I don't really do these things.

Pretty much, but it's gotta be by actual noted stores now and not some bumfuck Amazon reseller like when those cheap PS4s happened.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nondevor posted:

I have done it at two different wal Marts and a best buy and each time I had the Kmart ad loaded on my phone, asked to price match the game, had the "lol I didn't even know Kmart existed anymore" convo with the clerk and walked out with my cheap game

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm surprised shops don't say to you "lol why don't you drive to K-mart and get it there?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

I'm surprised shops don't say to you "lol why don't you drive to K-mart and get it there?"

Stores would rather you spend less money there than no money there.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

ImpAtom posted:

Stores would rather you spend less money there than no money there.
If there's no K-mart in the area, which I assume is the case, then there's not really any worry about you spending your money elsewhere (although I guess you could not buy the game at all).

I dunno, I just find the endless pages of price-matching chat in these threads to be bizarre because it's not a policy in shops here. I usually just don't buy games in, say, Gamestop because I know I'd pay less elsewhere or just buying from Amazon or another online retailer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

If there's no K-mart in the area, which I assume is the case, then there's not really any worry about you spending your money elsewhere (although I guess you could not buy the game at all).

I dunno, I just find the endless pages of price-matching chat in these threads to be bizarre because it's not a policy in shops here. I usually just don't buy games in, say, Gamestop because I know I'd pay less elsewhere or just buying from Amazon or another online retailer.

If you've worked retail for any period of time you'll find that people will walk out of a store over as little as a dollar price difference if they don't think they should pay it. It's easier and more profitable to price match anything but extreme (and usually mistaken) price differences.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

ImpAtom posted:

If you've worked retail for any period of time you'll find that people will walk out of a store over as little as a dollar price difference if they don't think they should pay it. It's easier and more profitable to price match anything but extreme (and usually mistaken) price differences.

Not only that, it generates customer goodwill and makes it more likely they will come back for further purchases. If a K-mart sale brings customers into Walmart looking to price match, I'm sure Walmart is more than pleased.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Every single time I've done it I've said "rather be here than Kmart" when price matching. I live near a Walmart and a best buy and don't even know where the nearest Kmart is.

Also, stores need to move inventory. Selling you a game at 50% off still nets them some money and adds to the inventory total for the month, which is arguably more important at these prices.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

"rather be here than Kmart"

I'm almost definitely sure this applies to every place that isn't K-Mart.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Color Printer posted:

I'm almost definitely sure this applies to every place that isn't K-Mart.

Still rather shop at K-Mart than WalMart. Rural King and Farm and Fleet are a wash.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Okay so pushing the repair button on the eshop for Dream Team told me the software was damaged and needed to redownload while keeping my save files. I forgot about that feature. :)

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Japanese Club Nintendo Code:
WUPA RSWA 03R7 Y25S 3B9I

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of December 25):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    The Amazing Spiderman 2 - €59.99 / £49.99
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - €59.99 / £49.99
WII U eSHOP
    Spy Chameleon - €4.99 / £4.49 or €3.99 / £3.59 for owners of 99seconds, Darts Up, Abyss, Rock Zombie or Unepic
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors Pre-Order Skins
  • Demon King Costume Set - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Twilight Princess Costume Set - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Skyward Sword Costume Set - €0.99 / £0.89
  • Ocarina of Time Costume Set - €0.99 / £0.89
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Duck Hunt (NES, US ver., requires Wiimote) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Mario Party Advance (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Kuru Kuru Kururin (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Mega Man Zero (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on 3DS, get the Wii U version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    99seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until December 25
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until December 25
    Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - €39.99 / £34.99 from December 25-January 1
    Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 from December 25-January 1
    Assassin's Creed 4 (Wii U) - €14.99 / £9.99 from December 25-January 1
    Marvel Avegers: Battle for Earth (Wii U) - €4.99 / £3.99 from December 25-January 1
    Rabbids Land (Wii U) - €4.99 / £3.99 from December 25-January 1
    Rayman Legends (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 from December 25-January 1
    Sports Connection (Wii U) - €4.99 / £3.99 from December 25-January 1
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U) - €9.99 / £6.49 from December 25-January 1
    ZombiU (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 from December 25-January 1
    Just Dance 2015 v - €29.99 / £22.99 from December 25-January 1
    WATCH_DOGS (Wii U) - €39.99 / £33.99 from December 25-January 1
    Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £3.89 from December 25-January 1
    Child of Light (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £3.89 from December 25-January 1
    Knytt Underground (Wii U eShop) - €4.45 / £3.99 from December 25-January 1
    Pure Chess (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 from December 25-January 1
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until January 1
    Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Raila (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.49 from December 25-January 1
    SteamWorld Dig (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.49 until January 1
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until from December 25-January 7
    Armillo (Wii U eShop) - €3.00 / £2.75 until January 8
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.35 until January 8
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until January 8
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until January 8
    Darts Up (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until January 8
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until January 8
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €4.79 / £3.99 until January 8
    Turtle Tale (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.65 until January 8
    TNI Racing: Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from December 25-January 8
    Rock Zombie (Wii U) - €4.89 / £4.29 from December 25-January 15
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Amazing Spiderman 2 - €39.99 / £29.99
    Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - €39.99 / £29.99
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legend of the Ooze - i]€39.99 / £29.99[/i]
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - i]€39.99 / £29.99[/i]
    WRC FIA World Rally Championship The Official Game (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Brutus & Futee - €6.99 / £6.29
    PUZZLEBOX setup - €2.99 / £2.69
    Best of Mahjong - €1.99 / £1.49
    Best of Solitaire - €2.99 / £2.49
3DS MENU THEMES
    ? Block - €1.99 / £1.79
    Bountiful Boos - €1.99 / £1.79
    Completely Goomba - €1.99 / £1.79
    Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome to 2015 - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on Wii U, get the 3DS version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €19.99 / £17.99 until December 25
    Mindfeud (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 from December 25-31
    Toys vs. Monsters (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.99 until December 31
    Van Helsing Sniper ZX100 (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.99 until December 31
    Bravely Default (3DS) - €29.99 / £25.99 from December 25-January 1
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until January 1
    Sayonara Umihara Kawase (3DS eShop) - €12.40 / £9.80 until January 1
    Code of Princess (3DS eShop) - €20.50 / £17.25 until January 1
    Steamworld Dig (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until January 1
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.40 until January 1
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99/£1.79 until January 1
    Pure Chess (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 from December 25-January 1
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    Bugs vs. Tanks! (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    Sharship Damrey (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    Weapon Shop de Omasse (3DS eShop) - €2.99/£2.69 from December 25-January 4
    eskapeVektor (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.99 from December 25-January 8
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until January 8
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until January 8
    Darts Up (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until January 8
    Demon King Box (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.19 until January 8
    European Conqueror 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.49 until January 8
    Football Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.56 until January 8
    Football Up 3D (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until January 8
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €2.20 / £1.85 until January 8
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £1.99 until January 8
    Glory of General 3D (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £5.99 until January 8
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until January 8
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until January 8
    KORG M01D (3DS eShop) - €12.49 / £9.99 until January 8
    Nano Assault EX (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.35 until January 8
    KORG DSN-12 (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until January 8
    Turtle Tale (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.65 until January 8
    Winter Sports 2012 - Feel the Spirit (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until January 8

Merry Kururistmas, motherfuckers!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I knew they'd release the preorder stuff separately later.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like I'll be getting myself Bravely Default this Yuletide. Maybe SMT IV as well. Glad I just got a new SD card for the 3DS!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

greatn posted:

I knew they'd release the preorder stuff separately later.

I think it went up earlier this morning, so you might be able to buy it right now.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If last christmas was any indication, the eShop will probably be if not down then extremely sluggish this week.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Was hoping they would have Nintendo Pocket Football on the sale as well.

Anyway,

1) How did Weapon Shop de Omasse turn out?

2) Scram Kitty was cool, right?

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Any 3DS titles of particular note apart from Bravely Default, Guild 01-02 titles and Steamworld Dig?

I will probably get another Guild title.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 22, 2014

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

How much is 3D World usually in the UK?

I'm trying to find out how much of a discount it's likely going to have in Australia, if it's pretty cheap i'll probably grab it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Crawfish posted:

How much is 3D World usually in the UK?

Full retail price in Europe is 59,99€, so the sale brings it down 20€, which is about 33% if my math isn't too terrible. Amazon.fr sells the game for 45€ and I sure as hell would pay 5€ more for a physical copy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

woofbro posted:

Any 3DS titles of particular note apart from Bravely Default, Guild 01-02 titles and Steamworld Dig?

KORG synthesizers, if you're the creative type. And for people who like oldschool platformers then Sayonara Umihara Kawase.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

1) How did Weapon Shop de Omasse turn out?

I only played it for like an hour so I can't say too much about it but don't get it expecting a challenging rhythm game. It's super easy and from what I understand it never really gets more complicated. You really gotta be into the humor it offers if you want to play it.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Saoshyant posted:

2) Scram Kitty was cool, right?
Very. The game just feels good to play, especially after the update they rolled out a few months back. Completing every level takes a pretty decent chunk of time, and the majority of the level design is very unique. I'm a huge fan of how levels are designed in Scram Kitty - some of them consist of linear challenges, but with the way the game's objectives work, most levels are structured like small-scale "metroidvanias." You're often able to explore from multiple angles, open up routes, stuff like that. The game can be kinda' tough at times, though, and the punishment for death is restarting the entire level over again, which can be pretty frustrating. (e; also the soundtrack is okay - I really enjoy certain tracks, others I'm just kinda' "eh" on - overall, the mixing feels a little less-than-perfect, but the soundtrack has a consistent tone that it sets, and does a good job of sticking to that without ever feeling out-of-place in itself - lots of playing with tons of thirds stacked on thirds to get that "futuristic" feel. any track with the slap bass is amazing)

The amount of content for the price is also quite strong. I'd pretty heartily recommend it if you're okay with a little bit of frustration on some levels (though you can technically skip a few levels entirely).

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 23, 2014

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I really appreciate that the Mega Man titles were only on sale for 4 days. Not exactly rushing to save 2.50 during the holidays to but it would be nice to see some standards observed. Games are either on sale indefinitely or for a period less than a week.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, you're getting Duck Hunt, Super Mario World GBA and Mario Party GBA on the Wii U VC on Xmas, as well as Super Mario Bros. DX on 3DS VC. (Bionic Commando GBC on January 1, too.)

Also, some more sales just went live in NA, including a bunch of Atlus 3DS games for $15 and Darksiders 2 for $8.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, you're getting Duck Hunt, Super Mario World GBA and Mario Party GBA on the Wii U VC on Xmas, as well as Super Mario Bros. DX on 3DS VC. (Bionic Commando GBC on January 1, too.)

Also, some more sales just went live in NA, including a bunch of Atlus 3DS games for $15 and Darksiders 2 for $8.

lol super mario world gba. Why would anyone buy the tinnier, washed out version of SMW over the SNES one???

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You get stuff for getting all the Yoshi coins!!!!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol super mario world gba. Why would anyone buy the tinnier, washed out version of SMW over the SNES one???

Seriously. gently caress Nintendo on this one. There are so many good VC games that need to come to Wii U, and in the past month they've released Mario Bros. 2 for GBA and SMW for GBA, two games we already have in their original releases.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MinibarMatchman posted:

More Woo-Hoo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
I've heard that Mario Party GBA was surprisingly good. Is that a genuine good or more of a good considering it's a Mario Party game?