Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
My YouTube game is on point, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Got two tickets to paradise the UYD show tomorrow night. Third live show I've seen.

Stoked.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Customfresh posted:

I just finished 1-400 a few weeks back. The new eps sound like grumpy old men. Seth used to have a calm and with deliberate outburst type approach but now he just goes straight to max insanity for no reason.

Still the best dancecast out there though.

I agree, he used to be a pretty chil, easy dude.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Seth :allears:

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Binowru posted:

My YouTube game is on point, y'all.

:agreed:

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!

So...he used to be an actor.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
It's not a real tape you dummies we've been over this

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

mcvey posted:

I like to think it is.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

"It's a countdown to destiny. Saturday. Twelve... Twenty... Twenty-fourteen... The Dream. Improv, Melrose, Hollywood, Seatbelts."

-Sethro Matelli, personal communication, Dec. 2014.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mcvey posted:

did we ever get an approx date of when that video as filmed?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

UYD: Top-heavy with black dogs

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

a starwar betamax posted:

did we ever get an approx date of when that video as filmed?

I want to say sometime around the beginning of the show, but I have no clue where I got that idea from, so take it with a grain of salt.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 20, 2014

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Sobriquet posted:

So...he used to be an actor.

Still is an actor. UYD is a performance.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
UYD: A ten year long prowl of our collective mind's stage.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

I like to think it is.

I still think it is. Seth has said he was wild/feral as a kid, and when he moved to LA it's known he was on every drug under the sun while drunk. It's not a stretch to think he could get to that place mentally.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
holy poo poo guys it's blatantly an act/joke/sketch

am I being hosed with right now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
In that "Postcards from Korea" bit they talk about some sort of commercial with Seth that clearly impressed our oriental brothers to the core (at least in part because of his eating performance, apparently). Has anybody seen it, and is there a link?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

steinrokkan posted:

In that "Postcards from Korea" bit they talk about some sort of commercial with Seth that clearly impressed our oriental brothers to the core (at least in part because of his eating performance, apparently). Has anybody seen it, and is there a link?

http://uhhyeahdude.com/media/seths_corner/

Either the raisin bran crunch or subway commercial (both featuring seth eating stuff in non-speaking parts)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

a pipe smoking dog posted:

http://uhhyeahdude.com/media/seths_corner/

Either the raisin bran crunch or subway commercial (both featuring seth eating stuff in non-speaking parts)

Thanks. The Hollywood has truly missed an opportunity.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

bvoid posted:

holy poo poo guys it's blatantly an act/joke/sketch

am I being hosed with right now

Somehow there are always people who will believe or fall for anything no matter how obvious. It boggles my mind that people think that is real, but here we are.

It being hosted on funnyordie should be a clue to people but I guess that's not obvious enough.

Damo fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 21, 2014

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I think that if the video of Seth going crazy was a sketch, he would have talked about it on the podcast when it came out. That's why I think it's real. I hope everyone had fun at the show tonight.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

goldblums eyes posted:

I think that if the video of Seth going crazy was a sketch, he would have talked about it on the podcast when it came out. That's why I think it's real. I hope everyone had fun at the show tonight.

I think you're really stupid.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

O__O posted:

I think you're really stupid.

So, let's imagine the video was a sketch. Something that people put time into to create. It happened years and years ago. The sketch was put on funnyordie recently. Don't you think that they would promote the video? Them not talking about it makes me suspicious that it's real.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Stop

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
hey guys i got romatelli on the line here and he says yeah its obviously a real audition thats why thr camera keeps rolling and there are lots of jump cuts and why its on funny or die dot com

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Pretty sure Seth said in an ep in the 300s that it's real, guys.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I remember last time this came up that one guy talked about how he had seen a lot of addicts and he could see that Seth was high on meth just by looking at his eyes.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

So the show was pretty sweet. More intimate of a venue than the last time I saw them, I got to be pretty close to the stage. No horse/weed/mind's eye, but it seems like we might have Seth's equivalent of Jah! nathan's poetry coming up. Overall: 10/10, would see them live again.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Amazing show. LONG show. Didn't end until near midnight. Ask Amy, Playboy Advisor, Postcards from Korea, AVN Awards, USA Today Snapshots, pretty much all the hits. Also looked like the room was pretty much filled, which was nice to see.

Also, I had brought along the Hollywood Game Night home game to give to the guys after the show as a gift, right? Well, at one point towards the end, Jonathan sees the game sitting on the table in front of me, loving GRABS IT AND THROWS IT TO SETH, who shows it to the crowd. I'm just sitting there freaking the gently caress out. This is going to be ON the show. I can't believe it. You'll have to wait til the episode drops to hear it, but now you know.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Binowru posted:

Amazing show. LONG show. Didn't end until near midnight. Ask Amy, Playboy Advisor, Postcards from Korea, AVN Awards, USA Today Snapshots, pretty much all the hits. Also looked like the room was pretty much filled, which was nice to see.

Also, I had brought along the Hollywood Game Night home game to give to the guys after the show as a gift, right? Well, at one point towards the end, Jonathan sees the game sitting on the table in front of me, loving GRABS IT AND THROWS IT TO SETH, who shows it to the crowd. I'm just sitting there freaking the gently caress out. This is going to be ON the show. I can't believe it. You'll have to wait til the episode drops to hear it, but now you know.

your laughter is on there too, man

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Customfresh posted:

your laughter is on there too, man

oh god was I really that loud :shobon:

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

JethroMcB posted:

Nooooo, thread, don't kid yourselves. Jonathan pretty much admitted to committing a rape, and it wasn't funny or entertaining in the least. "She never responded to my MySpace request!" Well, based on the story you just told? Yeah! No poo poo.

That said, you will compartmentalize and accept things about a person if you enjoy their work or their personality. You'll gleefully lambaste a public figure that you have no connection to for their behavior, but you'll overlook another's if it's convenient. For example, my grandfather was one of my greatest influences in life, and he thought Woody Allen's comedy was beyond compare. He introduced me to Allen's work during a formative period in my adolescence and, as a result, "Love and Death," "Bananas," "Take the Money and Run," "Sleeper," they're among my favorite films of all time. I know the jokes by heart. These days I just swallow hard and ignore the drama of Woody's personal life (and the pedophilia jokes in the films themselves) because those movies mean something to me. I want to recognize their merits and the memory of my grandfather sharing something with me more than I want to recognize the fact that Woody Allen is a goddamn creep who hosed his adopted daughter and is now handsy as poo poo with the pubescent girls who live with him and call him Dad.

I hate the shithead kids of wealthy people who can seemingly get away with anything, and I hate drunk drivers. Jonathan and Seth both fit those descriptions in their pasts. Yet the one hour a week I get to listen to them - even when they are reminiscing about those days - entertains me enough that I can gloss over those histories in my mind. I know it's hypocrisy, dammit, but my solipsistic need to be entertained eventually supersedes my sense of "decency." A Horse Named Mandy, there is almost certainly a celebrity that your girlfriend loves who is/was a loving monster. Hell, just turn on "Thriller." See if her immediate reaction is anything besides "Michael Jackson was a child rapist."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's ask Amy about how to confront somebody we don't know over rape admissions they haven't really given.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Jonathan is the Billy Cosby of podcasts, everyone knew yet we did nothing :smith:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I love when the these devolves into madness. It's obviously a skit. It's just so good I like to pretend it's real.

Show sounds great. Can't wait to hear it.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Has this ever been mentioned? Because it seems like prime UYD fodder: 29 year old Iranian dude pretends to be Stephen Spielberg's nephew, enrolls at Catholic high school pic

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

holy moly

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

JethroMcB posted:

Nooooo, thread, don't kid yourselves. Jonathan pretty much admitted to committing a rape, and it wasn't funny or entertaining in the least. "She never responded to my MySpace request!" Well, based on the story you just told? Yeah! No poo poo.

That said, you will compartmentalize and accept things about a person if you enjoy their work or their personality. You'll gleefully lambaste a public figure that you have no connection to for their behavior, but you'll overlook another's if it's convenient. For example, my grandfather was one of my greatest influences in life, and he thought Woody Allen's comedy was beyond compare. He introduced me to Allen's work during a formative period in my adolescence and, as a result, "Love and Death," "Bananas," "Take the Money and Run," "Sleeper," they're among my favorite films of all time. I know the jokes by heart. These days I just swallow hard and ignore the drama of Woody's personal life (and the pedophilia jokes in the films themselves) because those movies mean something to me. I want to recognize their merits and the memory of my grandfather sharing something with me more than I want to recognize the fact that Woody Allen is a goddamn creep who hosed his adopted daughter and is now handsy as poo poo with the pubescent girls who live with him and call him Dad.

I hate the shithead kids of wealthy people who can seemingly get away with anything, and I hate drunk drivers. Jonathan and Seth both fit those descriptions in their pasts. Yet the one hour a week I get to listen to them - even when they are reminiscing about those days - entertains me enough that I can gloss over those histories in my mind. I know it's hypocrisy, dammit, but my solipsistic need to be entertained eventually supersedes my sense of "decency." A Horse Named Mandy, there is almost certainly a celebrity that your girlfriend loves who is/was a loving monster. Hell, just turn on "Thriller." See if her immediate reaction is anything besides "Michael Jackson was a child rapist."

mods please change the thread title to this.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

appropriate name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm glad that CineD/TVIV posters are able to voice their opinion of whether or not jah is a rapist, among other good opinions.