Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They put a fig leaf on it.

The real dilemma is this: is Mako the worst boyfriend, or the best wingman?

Hauldren Collider posted:

I just realized something about the finale. When Hiroshi is cutting into her leg and Kuvira swats him like, well, a mosquito--why didn't she just leave her hand there? Cover the hole? Like, duh.

She needed that arm to break free of the ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hauldren Collider posted:

I just realized something about the finale. When Hiroshi is cutting into her leg and Kuvira swats him like, well, a mosquito--why didn't she just leave her hand there? Cover the hole? Like, duh.

That was the arm with the cannon on it I thought.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Bongo Bill posted:

Yes?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Bongo Bill posted:

She needed that arm to break free of the ice.

Then break off a finger and plug the hole with it! What does a giant mecha need for fingers anyway?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

DrSunshine posted:

Then break off a finger and plug the hole with it! What does a giant mecha need for fingers anyway?

And create another hole some Airbender(s) could've gotten into despite the height?

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Miss Nomer posted:

I've got fingers crossed that next time they meet up, Varrick will say, "Zhu Li, let's do the thing!" and then they get married.

:unsmith:

The first half of this series was a bit dodgy, but man, at the end of this I was sad to see it go. Just like AtLA, it left me wanting more.

PS: Did anyone catch what Verrick's full name was?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Miss Nomer posted:

PS: Did anyone catch what Verrick's full name was?

Iknik Blackstone Varrick. Not sure about the spelling.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's Sir Iknik Blackstone Varrick to you. :colbert:

Also the thing I'm going to miss most about Korra is the ending theme and I'm not sure why.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Miss Nomer posted:

The first half of this series was a bit dodgy, but man, at the end of this I was sad to see it go.

That about sums up my feelings on AtLA too, honestly.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I've been hearing stuff about comics,I hope it's not just a rumor.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SirKibbles posted:

Considering how bad the ATLA comics were, I wouldn't hold my breath.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I absolutely do not want to see them do comics but I know they probably will.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Eej posted:

Also the thing I'm going to miss most about Korra is the ending theme and I'm not sure why.
I've always liked the ending theme a whole lot and I love the expanded variant of it that runs under the last scene.

SirKibbles posted:

The only evidence I've seen is a super fake-seeming Internet comment so right now I'm gonna say it's just a rumor.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Opposing Farce posted:

The only evidence I've seen is a super fake-seeming Internet comment so right now I'm gonna say it's just a rumor.

Bryan and Mike have confirmed more involvement with the Avatar comics, but it doesn't necessarily mean there will be Korra comics.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I used to be an optimist.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Were the Avatar comics that bad? I know one was meant to deal with Zuko's mom, but I never actually read them

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

OldTennisCourt posted:

Were the Avatar comics that bad? I know one was meant to deal with Zuko's mom, but I never actually read them
They were not that bad, and neither was Korra.

The Promise Part 2 was utter poo poo though, actually.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

I'm really craving saltines now for some reason.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah. The art is completely lifeless.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah. The art is completely lifeless.
That's largely because of the standard set by the show.
Avatar just works better in animation.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I avoided the comics because I assumed the magical kung fu falls completely flat without movement.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Eej posted:

I played some Anno today and Anno 2070's menu theme kinda reminded me of it, so here is that if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFE9F0F-jQ

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Namarrgon posted:

I avoided the comics because I assumed the magical kung fu falls completely flat without movement.
It really does. The comics are only worth it for scenes with character development and world building.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zedd posted:

I played some Anno today and Anno 2070's menu theme kinda reminded me of it, so here is that if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFE9F0F-jQ

From Jeremy Zuckerman's soundcloud. Enjoy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Also the final scene music is on soundcloud too
https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/the-legend-of-korra
Man I'm going to miss the music, say what you will about the show, but the music was always good

E:^^^Oh goddamn it :argh:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
They should get George R R Martin to write the Legend of Korra continuation comics.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That's largely because of the standard set by the show.

That's not really an excuse. A comic can totally look fluid, and while I wouldn't expect a masterpiece, what we got really should have been better.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

OldTennisCourt posted:

No but they aren't like super amazing either they're ok enough that I would buy them,does that make sense? Personally I was hoping Gene Yang was too busy working on the next part of the atla comics that comes after the Rift that they would have to find someone new to write the Korra comics. Plus I don't think his writing fits LoK's tone at all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
mods rename me to "i used to be an optimist"

I actually kinda liked the comics for what they are.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I just want a short mini-series of Lin and Su's Metalbending Adventures.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Season 4 was really good and I hope we see more Avatar at some point in the future. :)

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

achillesforever6 posted:

Also the final scene music is on soundcloud too
https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/the-legend-of-korra
Man I'm going to miss the music, say what you will about the show, but the music was always good

E:^^^Oh goddamn it :argh:

This song is so fuckin good.

It reminds me a lot of the overall feel of Nick Cave and Warren Ellis's score from The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6KFvYCrB4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxtDMj8NeEo

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
If another Avatar series happened I'd love it to jump forward and have the public be somehow jaded/not care about the Avatar. Like she/he becomes some sort of relic of another age and the entire world just stops giving a poo poo. Have it be set in modern day/the future that way we could see even more cool technological/bending poo poo :allears:

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 21, 2014

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

thexerox123 posted:

I think the prevailing complaint about it in past threads was that there was just too much of it in season 1, at the expense of a potentially more involved/in-depth Equalist storyline. The fact that it was a shortened season compared to AtLA didn't help, either.

Pretty much every onscreen moment of pro-bending was development of world, characters, or plot. I agree that the Equalists could have used more time to make their nature clearer given fan reaction as is, but it wouldn't have helped to take it away from there.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Chakram posted:

Wait, what's wrong with pro-bending? I thought it was a neat world-building sport that let us see new and evolved bending styles.

Namarrgon posted:

(...) magical kung fu falls completely flat without movement.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It really does.

And there you go.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
EDIT: Never mind.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Did some internet nerds figure out if the Asian characters at the end of the finale mean anything?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Previous Jesus posted:

Did some internet nerds figure out if the Asian characters at the end of the finale mean anything?

It means "The End"

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Previous Jesus posted:

Yeah, the first symbol, "ko," is the Chinese word for "the." The second symbol, "sami," means "end."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
you are the worst

• Locked thread