Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

God loving drat it one of the crossbone maoh's shoulder vulcans rocketed off into the ether :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You have fed the carpet/floor monster, stay safe crossbone maoh's shoulder vulcans ghost.

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
My RG exia's thumbs flew off into the abyss known as my desk a week after I imported it from Japan :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This is why I just declared "gently caress it" and now build mine on a coffee table instead of at my desk. Anything that pings off has a much lower trajectory so it cant flip off across half the room.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I once looked on the floor for several minutes for a part of a Grungust Type 3 convinced that the part had pinged onto the floor. 3 days later I found it sitting on the back of a chair 6 feet away, the trajectory must have been perfect for it to get wedged in the little bit it did.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I once spent 75% of a club meeting looking for the HG V2's... I think it was a hand part?

I found it caught in the folds of my pants. Still don't know how it stayed there the entire meeting.

EDIT: From the looks of it, the Mega Shiki comes with almost everything you need to make a better Hyaku Shiki. You'd only need the original for the backpack, rear skirt armor, and weapons.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 21, 2014

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

mr. stefan posted:

God loving drat it one of the crossbone maoh's shoulder vulcans rocketed off into the ether :negative:

I lost the same exact piece when I built my Crossbone Maoh.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is why I just declared "gently caress it" and now build mine on a coffee table instead of at my desk. Anything that pings off has a much lower trajectory so it cant flip off across half the room.

I build mine on the kitchen table that we don't actually eat on. Before we had a cat I'd build them on this little end table that I could drag in front of the couch and spread the runners out on the floor but hahahahaha no.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
If SA-Mart crossposting for interested parties is kosher, I just put up for sale the 7-11 RX-78 gold injection and 7-11 Ball twin set versions. Bought 'em to build but never started, new in box, trying to economize future display space.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689452

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
We've got second leads for Build Fighters Try:

Build Burning looks like he needs a guitar rifle, Lightning has a new backpack, and Winning is going to be a sticker-riddled mess.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Names are Try Burning Gundam, Lightning Gundam Full Burnern (backpack's name is Lightning Back Weapon System mkII), and Star Winning Gundam.

Also Winning's a SD, it's a stickery mess by default.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If Try Burning is half as fun as Build Burning, I'm all over that.

I've purchased my first Xmas gunpla: The Dom triple pack. Black Tri-Stars :black101:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TaurusOxford posted:

We've got second leads for Build Fighters Try:

Build Burning looks like he needs a guitar rifle, Lightning has a new backpack, and Winning is going to be a sticker-riddled mess.

Winning looks like it has full-size Gungam limbs on it's back, possibly a torso. Transformation or combiner gimmick?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Winning looks like it has full-size Gungam limbs on it's back, possibly a torso. Transformation or combiner gimmick?

Money is on either winning becoming armor for the other suits(burning) or a SD<-->1/144 transformation gimmick. 1/144 looks more likely given the look of the armor but would probably make Fumina dangerously relevant in the eyes of sunrise.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Banzai Hobby has a big Gunpla sale going on: http://banzaihobby.com/plastic-models/character-anime/bandai-gunpla

The sale prices beat HLJ and they've got some stuff in stock that HLJ won't have in until Feb. Only catch, I can't seem to select SAL shipping for two Master Grades - maybe I'll luck out and it's a glitch. Opened a ticket, yet to hear back.

Even so, if I gotta go with EMS, the total price blows Gundam Planet out of the water.

Save an MG Blitz and Buster for me, guys

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

MJP posted:

Banzai Hobby has a big Gunpla sale going on: http://banzaihobby.com/plastic-models/character-anime/bandai-gunpla

The sale prices beat HLJ and they've got some stuff in stock that HLJ won't have in until Feb. Only catch, I can't seem to select SAL shipping for two Master Grades - maybe I'll luck out and it's a glitch. Opened a ticket, yet to hear back.

Even so, if I gotta go with EMS, the total price blows Gundam Planet out of the water.

Save an MG Blitz and Buster for me, guys

Oh no my wallet. I get paid tomorrow, this might be a problem.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I couldn't care less about all these sales until MG DX goes up for pre-order.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Samba De Amigo posted:

Oh no my wallet. I get paid tomorrow, this might be a problem.

I swore to myself I wouldn't partake in backloggery. Now that I've decided to sell off my 7-11 exclusives, all that's left is a large box from a Facebook Gunpla Secret Santa, and my /r/gunpla Secret Santa, and the R-Gyagya waiting to be picked up at Gundam Planet... now these... and the inevitable MG Heavyarms.

WELP

At least having a Detolf and limited other display space is going to force me to make very strategic choices about what to build - and an incentive to take my time, maybe paint 'em too.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

I couldn't care less about all these sales until MG DX goes up for pre-order.
This man gets it; assuming my wallet agrees at that time still I am going to order Re1/100 GP04, MG DX and finally get myself an MG X.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

We knew about the mocks hidden hardpoints but this is the first time we've seen them in action :allears:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Mecha-Shiva! Mecha-Shiva!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

We knew about the mocks hidden hardpoints but this is the first time we've seen them in action :allears:

Mock + two or three Powered Arms Powereders = Wuthering Mock, as piloted by Kate Bush.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

DigitalRaven posted:

Mock + two or three Powered Arms Powereders = Wuthering Mock, as piloted by Kate Bush.

That's too hot.

Too greedy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My clear Juaggu came in the other day. Need to finish up my MG Acguy first, though.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's the latter.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That doesn't mean anything. That's a photoshop.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I really think that's an abdomen coming out of the back.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TaurusOxford posted:

That doesn't mean anything. That's a photoshop.

Ah, I didn't realise. I should've twigged from the weird perspective on it, but these upgrade type things usually look so goofy anyway I just wrote it off as a lovely design problem.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My hope, looking at it, is that the extra bits are just arm and leg extensions, and maybe an extra torso bit. So basically Winning's forearms would detach from the shoulders and the arm bits would pop in between, leg or feet would detach and the shin pieces go in there, and torso detaches from pelvis for the torso piece. It works out reasonably well in my head (legs are something of a problem, since SD Winning lacks knees), so I'm sure I'm wrong and it's more power ups for the other two except this time she can give all of them to just one if she wants to and continue to be marginalized.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Nice to see when you equip it with the Dom's bazooka, it enters Al Jolson mode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

:swoon:

I am loving this redesign. It solves basically all the problems I had with the DX's design, right down to actually being able to point both cannons straight.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm loving how clean it looks. Bonus points for actually using black and not dark navy blue like they did with Banshee.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

BlitzBlast posted:

:swoon:

I am loving this redesign. It solves basically all the problems I had with the DX's design, right down to actually being able to point both cannons straight.

That is a sexy beast. Now all they have to do is release a redesigned Falcon and I'll be set.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Dangit my airbrush needle is bent and I ended up ruining 2 parts with too thick paint. Ordered a couple of replacement needles but I'm pretty sure I bent it reinserting after cleaning because the other option of it coming bent is unlikely. How do I get needle in hole?

That DX is actually gorgeous and I'm glad Garrod will finally be able to shoot straight.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

EthanSteele posted:

Dangit my airbrush needle is bent and I ended up ruining 2 parts with too thick paint. Ordered a couple of replacement needles but I'm pretty sure I bent it reinserting after cleaning because the other option of it coming bent is unlikely. How do I get needle in hole?

That DX is actually gorgeous and I'm glad Garrod will finally be able to shoot straight.

Are you diluting at 1:1? The goopier paints I use are model color from vallejo and umbrol enamel, thankfully enamels are the most forgiving with an airbrush.

MERRY CHRISTMAS from an insane lunatic

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I get the three Ez-SRs, but why two G-Selfs?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I'm going to paint one with my own livery (flat black, metal red and gloss teal).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are we posting backlogs?

And a Mega Shiki and R-Gyagya will be in that pile in a week, too.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 24, 2014

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm using model air so I think the paint was fine. Maybe the paint is a little too thick because I think water seems to spray ok? I'll give 1:1 water a go tomorrow. It was getting messed up and getting stuck on the bent needle so I needed more pressure than I wanted and then bam hella paint on the part instead of nice thin layers building up. The needle is definitely bent though, when I was giving it a rub with a cotton bud it was getting "caught" on one side and I could feel it on my finger when i dragged the needle across it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Model air should be fine as it is but to be safe, I'd add some paint retarder. Vallejo sell their own brand but you can also try liquitex. If the paint dries on the way out the nozzle, there will be clogging. I toss in some thinner in between sprays just to make sure.
But honestly, model color is a thick mess. Model air on the other hand is pretty acqueous as it is. Everytime I bring up this topic on other boards some priviledged gently caress will make some cute remark on how tamiya acrylics are superior.