Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

I'm the highcommand

LOADING HACKING TOOLS... :ins:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

after another four hours of deadly premonition, I finally understand why let's plays exist

deadly premonition is the perfect let's play game

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
im apparently some kind of idiot cause i installed eve last week after a fit of rage playing world of tanks and im actually enjoying myself. i setup a skill plan and now i just login on an alt while i wait for that poo poo to finish

i get to be the sociopath i want to be in real life, scamming people out of their "hard earned money", but i dont have to feel bad because their nerds playing a video game and if they spent actual cash on fake currency then they deserve to be fleeced

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same, but with bitcoin.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

bought hammerwatch because i'm steam-rich and it looks neat. will report back

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

after another four hours of deadly premonition, I finally understand why let's plays exist

after another four hours

i think i may have just played twelve hours of TERA
i could never stand mmos before so maybe its time to kill myself

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Liver Disaster posted:

pedophile

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

game of the year: 420blazeit is the best shootman i've played in a while

(and it's free)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rexicon1 posted:

I'm the highcommand

so am i, unfortunately

but i am also EXCEPT RAP AND...

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Liver Disaster posted:

playing tera is legitimate bounds to end it all, im not even kidding.

popoli are pretty alright tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
TERA is korean/anime as hell but it actually has a really good combat system for an mmo since it's more action and less "stand in front of the thing and mash your rotation"

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

that's the one they had to put more clothes on the children for the western release, right?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

idk if they bothered with that but its the one with the creepy sex toddlers, yes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

pseudorandom name posted:

that's the one they had to put more clothes on the children for the western release, right?

yeah

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Liver Disaster posted:

looks like ffxiv is getting a handfull of new character classes and maybe some new areas?
i was p sure some of yall played so i figured id mention it because some of the people i follow are freaking out
e: and what looks like a half dragon race

i just managed to loving quit 3 weeks ago and now they are putting in a gun wielding class aaa

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
someone got FFXIV for me for like $7 and I'm still on the free month

it's basically a ploddingly slow diku, but pretty well put together. Boring, but well put together. They really did apparently save the game with a miracle patch. First time I think any company has ever pulled it off.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Fabricated posted:

They really did apparently save the game with a miracle patch. First time I think any company has ever pulled it off.

it wasn't a "miracle patch" at all, but almost entirely rebuilt from the ground up

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

yeah, it would be nice if you could swap saves with other people who have completed the tedious stuff

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Fabricated posted:

someone got FFXIV for me for like $7 and I'm still on the free month

it's basically a ploddingly slow diku, but pretty well put together. Boring, but well put together. They really did apparently save the game with a miracle patch. First time I think any company has ever pulled it off.

the fun part of the game is the dungeons and the endgame, just like any mmo

as far as the grind goes, its still pretty good and full of personality.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rexicon1 posted:

the fun part of the game is the dungeons and the endgame, just like any mmo

as far as the grind goes, its still pretty good and full of personality.

The crafting is a drag when you're grinding out poo poo, but the minigame portion of it is pretty cool and less overtly complicated/irritating than other MMO attempts at it.

I'd say honestly if you wanna play a DIKU at this moment, FFXIV is probably a better choice than WoW.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fabricated posted:

FFXIV is probably a better choice than WoW.

it's pretty loving incredible that they pulled a complete 180 on FFXIV and made it actually fun and good. it's really nice not being forced to roll alts for professions or other characters and stuff

i like fishing with remote play on my vita

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

WoW feels really barren when you play these days, even when they first started handing out max level characters i rarely saw anyone and there was a ton of empty space
idk about RP PVE servers but in pvp servers elin are kill on sight so you dont see many of them in my few days of experience

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Liver Disaster posted:

WoW feels really barren when you play these days, even when they first started handing out max level characters i rarely saw anyone and there was a ton of empty space
idk about RP PVE servers but in pvp servers elin are kill on sight so you dont see many of them in my few days of experience

the idea of going back to WoW is physically goddamn painful to me. I used to have fun doing battlegrounds/arena, but god drat there is no way I could do that to myself again

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

DiggityDoink posted:

im apparently some kind of idiot cause i installed eve last week after a fit of rage playing world of tanks and im actually enjoying myself. i setup a skill plan and now i just login on an alt while i wait for that poo poo to finish

i get to be the sociopath i want to be in real life, scamming people out of their "hard earned money", but i dont have to feel bad because their nerds playing a video game and if they spent actual cash on fake currency then they deserve to be fleeced

move into wormhole space. seriously. i resubbed thinking i was gonna just get bored and unsub but like, i'm having fun. seriously. im having fun playing eve. oh my god

PVE in wormhole space is worth way too much money (200m+ an hour), there are idiots all over the place who have no kills on their killboard and somehow have managed to live in a wormhole for months. you have pretty fantastic connectvity to every part of the game map because wormhole space. we get highsec exits within 10 jumps of amarr or jita all the time and we get nullsec exits in backwater russian ratting territoriy and blow their poo poo up. theres also lowsec exits i guess but lowsec is loving awful

gently caress lowsec. lowsec dudes will escalate fights even when they grossly outnumber you. i died to a gank retreiver in my daredevil the other day and when i got a bigger ship to go shoot them they warped multiple faction cruisers and logistics (enough to kill a loving carrier) on top of my t1 battlecruiser (about a hundred times less powerful than a carrier). undoubtedly they had off grid links and were using boosters because lowsec pvp shitlords are wannabe tryhards who can't kill anything without a landslide advantage

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I got given an Xbox 360 ages back and just tried setting it up to blank off and give to a friends kids for xmas - turns out it's a gen1 that needs a different PSU to the one I have here (annoying) but I can get that off Amazon.

What is odd is that one of the two pads it came with has two extra clicky buttons right where your middle fingers grip the pad underneath - It looks just like a genuine MS pad, not a MAD CATZ or anything like that. Is this something that was released, or is it some DIY job?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Liver Disaster posted:

yeah oddly enough I've run into more and friendlier people on Emerald Dream than I did on any of the blizz servers

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

NoneMoreNegative posted:

What is odd is that one of the two pads it came with has two extra clicky buttons right where your middle fingers grip the pad underneath - It looks just like a genuine MS pad, not a MAD CATZ or anything like that. Is this something that was released, or is it some DIY job?

someone probably modded it for mad mlg CoD pistol bump-firing or some poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah, it's probably a rapid fire/reload bullshit mod

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Megalodon Hunt
Megalodon Hunt is an all-new game mode for Depth. Five divers face off against the greatest and most ferocious shark conceivable - the powerful Megalodon. Megalodon Hunt is void of S.T.E.V.E. and instead of focusing on room-to-room combat concentrates on map-wide chaos. Divers scramble for treasure as the Megalodon puts up a relentless fight, however as divers get stronger the tables turn and the hunter becomes hunted.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
so this dust game... why is sony tricking me into playing furry games? i'm not sure if this is more or less embarrassing than dragon's crown

guess i'll finally play fez, not much else left that i haven't played

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
beat bayonetta 1. starting 2 and it still owns. is it easier or am i just more attuned cause I just played 1?

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

Cold on a Cob posted:

so this dust game... why is sony tricking me into playing furry games? i'm not sure if this is more or less embarrassing than dragon's crown

guess i'll finally play fez, not much else left that i haven't played
less than dragons crown but its still shameful

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

zonar posted:

less than dragons crown but its still shameful

i bet they do a dust to dust pun in the game, i just loving bet

*deleted*

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol did rodin gently caress enzos wife

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

the idea of going back to WoW is physically goddamn painful to me. I used to have fun doing battlegrounds/arena, but god drat there is no way I could do that to myself again

I gave it a chance because my friends still play but WoD is pretty bad. It's incredibly accessible to the point that it's almost become the problem, because you have your garrison now that lets you gather tons of herbs and ore without those professions. You can make all your flasks and baseline quality enchants that are more than sufficient for LFR, which is obscenely easy to the point that heroics are 100% pointless. Basically it's turned into a $15/mo fort simulator.

I have a paladin in FF14 2.0 and though I haven't played it for a few months it's unironically the best MMO out there right now. It's a quality game especially considering what it first was.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

triple sulk posted:

I gave it a chance because my friends still play but WoD is pretty bad. It's incredibly accessible to the point that it's almost become the problem, because you have your garrison now that lets you gather tons of herbs and ore without those professions. You can make all your flasks and baseline quality enchants that are more than sufficient for LFR, which is obscenely easy to the point that heroics are 100% pointless. Basically it's turned into a $15/mo fort simulator.

Last time I played there wasn't much of a market for mats or even crafted goods because too many people consider their time worthless and just dump crap on the auction house for a pittance.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

triple sulk posted:

I have a paladin in FF14 2.0 and though I haven't played it for a few months it's unironically the best MMO out there right now. It's a quality game especially considering what it first was.

I was able to level a Paladin, Bard, and White Mage all to 50. Also a Botanist and Carpenter.

It's accessible, end game raiding is fun and doesn't require you to give up your life unless you want it to, and it plays nice on my PS4.

I wish PVP was better but w/e the rest is really good.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Last time I played there wasn't much of a market for mats or even crafted goods because too many people consider their time worthless and just dump crap on the auction house for a pittance.

If you are playing an mmo your time is worthless.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i guess they added thief and ninja which means i'm interested but im not gonna go back to grinding with friends, the gaming genre

i have dota and that is enough of a thing to do with friends for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

move into wormhole space. seriously. i resubbed thinking i was gonna just get bored and unsub but like, i'm having fun. seriously. im having fun playing eve. oh my god

PVE in wormhole space is worth way too much money (200m+ an hour), there are idiots all over the place who have no kills on their killboard and somehow have managed to live in a wormhole for months. you have pretty fantastic connectvity to every part of the game map because wormhole space. we get highsec exits within 10 jumps of amarr or jita all the time and we get nullsec exits in backwater russian ratting territoriy and blow their poo poo up. theres also lowsec exits i guess but lowsec is loving awful

gently caress lowsec. lowsec dudes will escalate fights even when they grossly outnumber you. i died to a gank retreiver in my daredevil the other day and when i got a bigger ship to go shoot them they warped multiple faction cruisers and logistics (enough to kill a loving carrier) on top of my t1 battlecruiser (about a hundred times less powerful than a carrier). undoubtedly they had off grid links and were using boosters because lowsec pvp shitlords are wannabe tryhards who can't kill anything without a landslide advantage

NEEEEERRRRRD

• Locked thread