Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

paragon1 posted:

Well, she did agree to a date with MIGF.

how did this not get quoted yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's a daft acronym for "shake my head"; I am not sure why that is used in this forum, where :rolleyes:, :ughh:, and :psyduck: are so easily available.

I have a bad feeling about the prospects with your date, which you have alternately defined as "middlebrow" and "progressive". You are treating her more like a constituent than a potential love interest.

it's used in places where those aren't available god (p.s. follow me on twitter)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Known her for 6 years, first year she's useful to me.

are you loving serious

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

are you loving serious

If it helps, I am totalitarian in gender equality: I treat men the same way.

Sometime, they're repeat players. Other times, they aren't, which makes it necessary to maximize their value before disposing of them

I don't get chatthread's disgust at these concepts. You've unleashed a generation of hyper-competitive Americans with little to no safety net; what sort of attitude did you anticipate to result?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

If it helps, I am totalitarian in gender equality: I treat men the same way.

Sometime, they're repeat players. Other times, they aren't, which makes it necessary to maximize their value before disposing of them

I don't get chatthread's disgust at these concepts. You've unleashed a generation of hyper-competitive Americans with little to no safety net; what sort of attitude did you anticipate to result?

Badger of Basra posted:

are you loving serious

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I bet MIGF is one of those guys who refuse to get married because a womans beauty is a depreciating asset, and therefore marriage in exchange for her beauty is a poor investment decision.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Volkerball posted:

I bet MIGF is one of those guys who refuse to get married because a womans beauty is a depreciating asset, and therefore marriage in exchange for her beauty is a poor investment decision.

i bet he's a virgin

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

Nah, I've read Hamilton on the issue. Now I'm looking for someone whom is unaware of just how ambitious they are

So movies next weekend, suggestions?

Badger of Basra posted:

i bet he's a virgin

Look, its loving boring to sleep with expats, whether they're Chinese, Pakistani, German, Korean, or Mexican. I don't recommend it for most.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 21, 2014

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cheekio posted:

AA are you not on a coast? I didn't think anyone thought Chicago was up but the midwest and Texas.

Wow, that's awkward. Apparently Chicago is lower in latitude than Albany, NY! :doh:

"Come over to Chicago", then.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Do you like jalapeno venison? 'cause I got an axe to grind and some deer which needs cleaning.

(Seriouspost: I'd probably present myself in the shabbiest semi-presentable form possible, in order to feel you out and determine your worth, before I welcome you with open arms as an Israeli brother who needs either an embassy party invitation or an after-hours civic center invite, or I'd direct you to neigh-free parking from city hall before advising you to GTFO of town. Alternatively, ~van goth discussion/donuts~)

I will try almost anything edible at least once. All those things sound cool/frightening. I will let you know if and when I visit; I know some locals (including Israelis; it'll be funny if we have mutual friends).

Badger of Basra posted:

it's used in places where those aren't available god (p.s. follow me on twitter)

I can't follow your twitter if you don't tell me what it is, silly goose.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Badger of Basra posted:

i bet he's a virgin

ok ive tried being polite, but you've been super creepy all night, and now you're accusing me of being hummus or whatever. i'm just going to leave now because this is going nowhere. good night.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nah, I've read Hamilton on the issue. Now I'm looking for someone whom is unaware of just how ambitious they are

judgement at nuremberg

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

ok ive tried being polite, but you've been super creepy all night, and now you're accusing me of being hummus or whatever. i'm just going to leave now because this is going nowhere. good night.

:raise:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I will try almost anything edible at least once. All those things sound cool/frightening. I will let you know if and when I visit; I know some locals (including Israelis; it'll be funny if we have mutual friends).

If you are who I think you are, I think we do. You should use that gift certificate on yourself to get plat so we can discuss and debate.

Badger of Basra posted:

judgement at nuremberg

You don't put winners on trial for warcrimes, you put losers. And I assure you, I have done with my life to ensure everything but consideration as a loser.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 21, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

it was MIGFgoesonadate.txt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

If you are who I think you are, I think we do. You should use that gift certificate on yourself to get plat so we can discuss and debate.

Alas, Xander77 ended up using that gift certificate, thus completing a reconciliation process between him and emanresu, which I facilitated using my access to cheap USDs. I am awaiting my Nobel Peace Prize.

But if I am who you think I am, you can just friend me on Facebook.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Berlin Alexanderplatz

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Berlin Alexanderplatz

triumph des willens

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

I assure you, I have done with my life to ensure everything but consideration as a loser.

You type while posting on an internet forum on a Saturday night.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

triumph des willens

Eraserhead

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

La cage aux folles.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that one grotesque b/w movie that has a scene where god kills himself in an electric chair

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

that one grotesque b/w movie that has a scene where god kills himself in an electric chair

Un chien andalou.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

battleship potemkin

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

battleship potemkin

M

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pi

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MasterPiece Theater.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the movie of the novelization of Bioshock Infinite

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

the movie of the novelization of Bioshock Infinite

Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

vertigo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

North by Northwest

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

On Beauty

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Das Boot

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Vertigo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Repeat!!!!! YOU LOSE!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

North by Northwest

(support Lowtax, buy PMs)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gently caress i knew i should have gone with Jacobs Ladder

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

My Imaginary GF posted:

North by Northwest

(support Lowtax, buy PMs)

ALSO A REPEAT

(You support Lowtax, buy me PMs. Or just email me at absurd.alhazred@zoho.com, like all the schlubs do, although a certificate would be nice. :wink:)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

Known her for 6 years, first year she's useful to me.

Thanks for explaining, I'm behind on ' social media' terms. Fortunately, she's more than just a lonely constituent---someone whom I find agreable, if a bit naive on political realities, and whom I can get on 3 boards, at the very least, before the end of '15.

You know, gimmick posing is easier if you take the chicken suit off first

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SedanChair posted:

SedanChair! You're back! It's been ages! What have you been up to, you old cad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

ALSO A REPEAT

(You support Lowtax, buy me PMs. Or just email me at absurd.alhazred@zoho.com, like all the schlubs do, although a certificate would be nice. :wink:)

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out a Window and Disappeared

I have a, er, 'special' relative going to Israel soon on a trip through the 'disabled individual trip coordinator' organization. What can I expect from their trip?

SedanChair posted:

I know you love me, SedanChair, why do you hit me so?

• Locked thread