Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Woffle posted:

Especially if this name starts with T and rhymes with Total Biscuit.

Just whaddya have against law graduates with an IQ of 155, huh buster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Woffle posted:

Especially if this name starts with T and rhymes with Total Biscuit.

Hey, don't forget about Annoyed Gamer.

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014
crate & crowbar still the best for me. idle thumbs has been too much for my liking about nintendo lately

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gesadt posted:

crate & crowbar still the best for me. idle thumbs has been too much for my liking about nintendo lately

I'm happy it was because nobody else takes Nintendo seriously

See: Giantbomb talking about which system to buy and completely forgetting the Wii U exists

Gesadt
Jan 3, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

nah its just that nintendo or anything console for that matter is polar opposite of my gaming interests (hence c&c)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

See: Giantbomb talking about which system to buy and completely forgetting the Wii U exists

When's the last time you listened to them, because they've been constantly saying the Wii U was the best console to own this year

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Bonfireside Chat Programming Note:

This week's episode contains the announcement about what we're going to play in the interim between Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne. We're covering three games with the loose theme of "Imitation and Aftermath". Specifically, we're playing three games:

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes (What happens when From puts their weight behind a blatant Zelda tribute?)
2. Shovel Knight (What happens when indie games crib mechanics from Dark Souls?)
3. Lords of the Fallen (What happens when a AAA western release cribs Dark Souls?)

These episodes will be more similar to Watch Out for Fireballs! episodes than anything else, with the exception of Lords of the Fallen. We're spending a little more time with that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tae posted:

When's the last time you listened to them, because they've been constantly saying the Wii U was the best console to own this year

I listen to them every week, they sort of gloss over the major release, or just go "yeah it's good I guess"

These are the guys that spent 2 hours straight talking about Destiny

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You can actually hear Jeff roll his eyes whenever the Wii U is mentioned. Patrick, Dan, and Alex seem to be the actual fans, too bad two of them live across the country and no one listens to Dan.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wii U is the best second console, imo. If you already have a PS4, XB1 or a gaming PC it's a good pickup. If you have none of those three, maybe get one of them first? I tried to recommend a Wii U to a coworker with an 8 year old but she said he wanted to play Minecraft so she got him a PS4. Which is pretty fair, I guess.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

weird bleep posted:

Hey, don't forget about Annoyed Gamer.

This guy took the time to find a pub and talked the staff into letting him behind the bar for a photo shoot - and he's drinking a coffee? :ughh:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

NmareBfly posted:

Wii U is the best second console, imo. If you already have a PS4, XB1 or a gaming PC it's a good pickup. If you have none of those three, maybe get one of them first? I tried to recommend a Wii U to a coworker with an 8 year old but she said he wanted to play Minecraft so she got him a PS4. Which is pretty fair, I guess.

PC/Wii U is the best gaming combo right now. I own a PS4 and there is gently caress all on that thing compared to the Wii U.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hakkesshu posted:

PC/Wii U is the best gaming combo right now. I own a PS4 and there is gently caress all on that thing compared to the Wii U.

I own a quite good PC, have a second (pretty good) PC hooked up to the TV as a media center / living room gaming console, and will have a Wii U shortly (though really it's for my son)... but I still kind of want to get a PS4 for Bloodborne.

e: I'm excited for the new Bonfireside Chats. Very cool focus to tide us over. I've been replaying Dark Souls and listening to the first few episodes again. Such a great podcast.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Song For The Deaf posted:

Bonfireside Chat Programming Note:

This week's episode contains the announcement about what we're going to play in the interim between Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne. We're covering three games with the loose theme of "Imitation and Aftermath". Specifically, we're playing three games:

1. 3D Dot Game Heroes (What happens when From puts their weight behind a blatant Zelda tribute?)
2. Shovel Knight (What happens when indie games crib mechanics from Dark Souls?)
3. Lords of the Fallen (What happens when a AAA western release cribs Dark Souls?)

These episodes will be more similar to Watch Out for Fireballs! episodes than anything else, with the exception of Lords of the Fallen. We're spending a little more time with that.

Welp, good reason to finally get LoF

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jordan7hm posted:

I own a quite good PC, have a second (pretty good) PC hooked up to the TV as a media center / living room gaming console, and will have a Wii U shortly (though really it's for my son)... but I still kind of want to get a PS4 for Bloodborne.

e: I'm excited for the new Bonfireside Chats. Very cool focus to tide us over. I've been replaying Dark Souls and listening to the first few episodes again. Such a great podcast.

It's been mentioned more than a few times, but Nintendo has by far the best polish on their games. It might not be as graphically impressive, but the mechanics are rock solid and there's a boat load of minor details that really add to the whole experience. They're behind the curve on a lot of things, but only a few developers are coming close to the polish of Nintendo's current offerings.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lords is triple a? I thought it was made by a relatively small polish company.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

coyo7e posted:

This guy took the time to find a pub and talked the staff into letting him behind the bar for a photo shoot - and he's drinking a coffee? :ughh:

I make it a point to avoid any Internet personality that has any variant of the word "angry" in their names.

Also, Gary and Kole, I'm psyched that you guys are covering 3D Dot Game Heroes, but From only published it in Japan—it was actually made by Silicon Studios, who also did the great Bravely Default. That definitely shouldn't stop you from covering it, though.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I guess I'm using the term very loosely. It was a medium-profile console release, so that's close enough.

bobservo posted:

From only published it in Japan—it was actually made by Silicon Studios

:ssh:

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

bobservo posted:

I make it a point to avoid any Internet personality that has any variant of the word "angry" in their names.

Also, Gary and Kole, I'm psyched that you guys are covering 3D Dot Game Heroes, but From only published it in Japan—it was actually made by Silicon Studios, who also did the great Bravely Default. That definitely shouldn't stop you from covering it, though.

Yeah, part of the idea isn't just games developed by From (look for that in our next interstitial season) but more influences. I think the Zelda to Demon's Souls to 3D Dot Game Heroes connection still works. There's even a Demon's Souls easter egg or two in 3DDGH.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Still any thoughts as to how to shoehorn the new DS2 content in? Plop it in the middle of Bloodbourne stuff as a very special Bonfireside Chat episode about teen pregnancy, anorexia, and drug/alcohol abuse?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Woffle posted:

Yeah, part of the idea isn't just games developed by From (look for that in our next interstitial season) but more influences. I think the Zelda to Demon's Souls to 3D Dot Game Heroes connection still works. There's even a Demon's Souls easter egg or two in 3DDGH.

No prob, just wasn't sure if you guys were aware. I played through the game when it came out and didn't know Silicon made it until a few years ago. Looking forward to the episodes!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
From Software has a weird diversity of games. I had no idea until recently that they made that card battler RPG on the GameCube that I loved even though I recognize that it wasn't very good.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

Still any thoughts as to how to shoehorn the new DS2 content in? Plop it in the middle of Bloodbourne stuff as a very special Bonfireside Chat episode about teen pregnancy, anorexia, and drug/alcohol abuse?

Barring delays and the like, our hope is to do it right before we start covering Bloodborne. I really want to avoid revisiting DS2 during Bloodborne.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
You should do Lost Kingdoms, the originator of Dark Soul's UI

Also why I'm here, Gary, I have never heard anyone pronounce chassis the way you did in the Morrowind episode, good going.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Humbly requesting that WOFF covers No More Heroes 1+2 at some point

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

They said they don't like anime

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

icantfindaname posted:

They said they don't like anime

Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly is art, you heathen.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

fruitpunch posted:

You should do Lost Kingdoms, the originator of Dark Soul's UI

Also why I'm here, Gary, I have never heard anyone pronounce chassis the way you did in the Morrowind episode, good going.

I was going to say that Kuon is From Software's missing link between King's Field -> Shadow Tower -> Demon's Souls

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Opposing Farce posted:

Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly is art, you heathen.

Anime is art

It's not my fault the WOFF dudes are anime haters

Also lol, WOFF sounds like woof, they're furries

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I was so glad to find the Bubsy 3D episode for Bonfireside Chat. I spent a lot of time as a kid playing games covered on that show, but Bubsy 3D stands out in my memory as by far the shittiest.

It's crazy that it was released contemporaneously with Mario 64. I don't think it's a great game, but when my sister and I loaded it up on Christmas morning, we probably played it for two or three hours before even entering the castle, just exploring the outside area and marveling at the 3D movement. I had the same experience a few years later with Everquest. The first time I connected and created a character I spent an entire evening just walking around one of the starting towns watching other players doing their business and thinking "this makes all other video games obsolete."

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You can actually hear Jeff roll his eyes whenever the Wii U is mentioned. Patrick, Dan, and Alex seem to be the actual fans, too bad two of them live across the country and no one listens to Dan.

It seems like Jeff is just sick as poo poo of Nintendo's flagship franchises even though they're still producing solid games, which is a sentiment I can understand from someone as old as he is; Mario rules, but I love action RPG type games and I'd still be perfectly happy to never touch another Zelda for the rest of my life.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Zombies' Downfall posted:

It seems like Jeff is just sick as poo poo of Nintendo's flagship franchises even though they're still producing solid games, which is a sentiment I can understand from someone as old as he is; Mario rules, but I love action RPG type games and I'd still be perfectly happy to never touch another Zelda for the rest of my life.

Quotin' dis so you eat your hat when the new zelda comes out.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

3D Zelda games were always bad, except for Wind Waker which gets excepted because of the art and music

al-azad
May 28, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

3D Zelda games were always bad, except for Wind Waker which gets excepted because of the art and music

You can say the same thing as Majora's Mask which I think is utterly atrocious but well loved for its art and music. I don't know whose idea it was to base a game entirely around navigating the menu, the worst feature of Ocarina. Coupled with the expansion pak's low access speed which caused unavoidable slowdown and the inability to advance time in increments like you could practically every other time-based game at the time and you have a really rough, terribly playing Zelda game. The 3DS version will improve the control function and it would actually be a decent game if you could skip through time or speed up time beyond the double song. Skipping days is practically worthless as practically no event occurs within even an hour of morning or dusk, I don't know who designed the time mechanic!

But I'll tell you this, the Master Quest of OoT 3D rekindled the Zelda fire, A Link Between Worlds reforged it and the new Zelda will probably be a day 1 purchase on principle of it being the game I wanted to play since Shadow of the Colossus did Zelda better than every 3D Zelda game.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

A Link Between Worlds is my "I'm home or Christmas and need something to play on a portable system to avoid talking about racial issues with my family" game this year. I'm absolutely loving it. I feel bad for waiting so long to crack it open for real.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

Also lol, WOFF sounds like woof, they're furries

Here at fuckfeed.tv we gently caress our dicks

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Listening to the latest idle thumbs..

Wasn't it David Cage who said that 2015 was the year of the PS3, not Kaz Hirai?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Holy poo poo

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Merry Christmas, folks. I bring good tidings of part 3 of the WOFF! Morrowind saga.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/90

After this we're covering Rock Band. The results of our Winter Action RPG poll are in, and after Rock Band we're covering Brave Fencer Musashi. Then we're rounding out January by dusting off our Dragulas in Jet Set Radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Song For The Deaf posted:

Then we're rounding out January by dusting off our Dragulas in Jet Set Radio.

Oh man I'm excited for that one. Jet Set Radio just might be my absolute favorite thing ever.

• Locked thread