Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Testekill posted:

Does the Super-Saiyan-Shotgun have a level beyond super saiyan?

it will in Dragon Ball AK when it comes out, one 'a these days, you'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Testekill posted:

Does the Super-Saiyan-Shotgun have a level beyond super saiyan?

Super Saiyan 2 Barrels.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I would unironically love a super-saiyan-farmer-with-a-shotgun where each level just makes his gun get bigger, and SSJ4 just ... I dunno, turns him into a sherman tank.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Deki posted:

I will get this game if and only if I can make a Farmer-with-shotgun lookalike.

Fact: That farmer was a farmer.

Fact: Farmers have dominion over vegetables.

Fact: Saiyans are named after vegetables.

Fact: Raditz got loving lucky.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh man I wish I were born a Sayian -- the ability to transform and protect your friends 10 times that of a normal human.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

oknope posted:

Oh man I wish I were born a Sayian -- the ability to transform and protect your friends 10 times that of a normal human.

This but the ability to conquer at 10 times that of a normal human.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This but the ability to watch 10 times more anime than a normal human

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You already watch 10 times more anime than a normal human.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Babe Magnet posted:

You already watch 10 times more anime than a normal human.

Yea, if you hang out on an anime subforum on the internet, you have watched loads more anime than is healthy. Let's be honest with ourselves here.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I literally only post in this thread in this subforum

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

I literally only post in this thread in this subforum

just once is enough

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Krillin's a police officer now according to jump fiesta people. Also Goku and Vegeta aren't going to go super saiyan at all for the duration of the new film.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Krillin's a police officer now according to jump fiesta people. Also Goku and Vegeta aren't going to go super saiyan at all for the duration of the new film.

Seems likely Whis seals it off as part of their training

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Krillin's a police officer now according to jump fiesta people.

Is he by chance a commissioner now? Because I totally need to make a Great Saiyaman Begins rip-off in xenoverse.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Ah. So that's the convoluted deus ex machina they'll use to make Freeza a threat. Give him a new form and then gimp the other characters by taking away one of the coolest aspects of the entire show.

I was severely underwhelmed by Battle of Gods, and this movie seems to be going in a direction I like even less. I think it's time to jump off the DBZ bandwagon and just cherish my memories.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Jumping to a lot of conclusions there

also that's not what a deus ex machina is

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Esroc posted:

Ah. So that's the convoluted deus ex machina they'll use to make Freeza a threat. Give him a new form and then gimp the other characters by taking away one of the coolest aspects of the entire show.

I was severely underwhelmed by Battle of Gods, and this movie seems to be going in a direction I like even less. I think it's time to jump off the DBZ bandwagon and just cherish my memories.

Goku's base form at this point is head and shoulders above where Frieza was or even the strongest Super Saiyan form he had available, since he kept most of the god power.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I love the Super Sayajin form, but I think in retrospect, the SSJ4 would have been a much more fitting design than just "turn blond", emphasizing their bestial nature. And, while Goku's and Gohan's first transformations are among the greatest moments of the series, it became incredible mundane afterwards.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

e X posted:

And, while Goku's and Gohan's first transformations are among the greatest moments of the series, it became incredible mundane afterwards.
Tell me, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?! :black101:

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

18 must have made Krillin get a job, that money she scammed from Mr. Satan to throw the tournament obviously wasn't enough for the lavish shopping habits she must have. Roshi's house has to look like an episode of Hoarders at this point.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

18 must have made Krillin get a job, that money she scammed from Mr. Satan to throw the tournament obviously wasn't enough for the lavish shopping habits she must have. Roshi's house has to look like an episode of Hoarders at this point.

I would watch that episode of Hoarders.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RZApublican posted:

I would watch that episode of Hoarders.

I can picture them trying to throw away his Bansho Fan and accidentally destroy the house.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I'd be pretty interested in watching an episode or two of Krillin just going around being a superpowered police man, letting bullets bounce off him, kienzaning bank robbers hands off and suchlike.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would watch Law and Order: Earth's Special Forces

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

Only with Piccolo as Ice T

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Babe Magnet posted:

Squallege posted:

Only with Piccolo as Ice T

I hate you people so much. This is almost a better idea than Dragonball: Multiverse.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
so here is apparently the secret of how Freeza gets stronger in revival of F:

he trains

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Seems likely Whis seals it off as part of their training

That doesn't really explain how Gohan wouldn't step on Freeza's face fifteen times in a row before he can finish his introduction.

Or Piccolo for that matter. Or hell, Android 18.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't really explain how Gohan wouldn't step on Freeza's face fifteen times in a row before he can finish his introduction.

Kid Buu taught us the lesson that only Goku and Vegeta can be useful anymore.

And only partially Vegeta

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
We're going back to the Cell Saga. Goku and Vegeta can't win because they can't turn Super Saiyan.

Gohan shows up, curbstomps Frezia and goes back to his book.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sure there's a great explanation we won't know until the movie is actually out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blockhouse posted:

so here is apparently the secret of how Freeza gets stronger in revival of F:

he trains

I don't know if it's hilarious or sad that it took us this long in the series to have a villain training be used as a viable idea.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
For some reason I know have the training montage from Rocky 4 stuck in my head.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I wish Whis had shown Trunks chopping Freeza to pieces to Beerus instead.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I'm sure there's a great explanation we won't know until the movie is actually out

Plenty of pushups and juice.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Plenty of pushups and juice.

My guess is steroids.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

RZApublican posted:

My guess is steroids.

he said Juice.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

RZApublican posted:

My guess is steroids.

Is that Frieza's actual 5th form? Ehh. I actually rather liked Cooler's, this one is kinda lame.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Goku's base form at this point is head and shoulders above where Frieza was or even the strongest Super Saiyan form he had available, since he kept most of the god power.

Beerus said Goku was not as strong as Freeza in base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Beerus said Goku was not as strong as Freeza in base.

Post god transformation he is.

He's almost as strong in base as he is in god.

• Locked thread