Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I played through the entire game and did a ton of the side content and I don't think I saw any glitches really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I think some people just don't see glitches. Black Flag had some loving hideous pop-up, on the 360 and the ps3. But whenever I mention that people go "what's that? nooo, you're imagining things!" and I envy them. It must be awesome to play videogames and not notice that swathes of people materialize from the ether every time you round a corner.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm usually not looking at the crowd. Or on the ground.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Black Flag PS3 had some really nasty crowd popin but being in large populated towns was the exception rather than the rule there so it never really stood out to me that much. I noticed it more in Rogue since it has a bit more towntime.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

muscles like this? posted:

I played through the entire game and did a ton of the side content and I don't think I saw any glitches really.

The game had a lot of crowd pop-in and other small visual quirks, as well as obvious frame rate issues, but yeah, I also didn't encounter any major bugs outside of a couple instances (like dying suddenly just as I climbed to a sync point).

I tried running around a bit with the new patch (on PS4), admittedly I didn't do any missions but overall it feels... somewhat improved? Performance overall seems more consistent and stays closer to a stable 30 fps, but it's still not perfect. As said though, I was just running around, not doing any thorough testing.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I guess now's as good a time as any to share my small collection of Rogue glitches. Apologies for pictures of a television screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXwB1BBnwk4

Shay's slightly disapproving thousand yard stare makes this for me.

Playing through Black Flag again when I board a Hunter ship from an awkward angle. I notice as I'm fighting them that both they and the ship are slipping away from under me. Eventually I'm pushed overboard, floundering in the water, and helplessly watching the Jackdaw sail slowly away, all the while towing the Hunters behind it. The Jackdaw then sails through an islet, beaching the passenger ship at an angle and dumping her crew. I swim closer and I'm teleported to the takeover screen, still askew.

Ubi what

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Stuttering is the same after 1.4, random FPS drops regardless of graphical settings, game still borderline unplayable.

Holy poo poo Ubisoft. Holy poo poo.

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 20, 2014

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

kinmik posted:

Shay's slightly disapproving thousand yard stare makes this for me.

I spotted a guy floating around like this in Unity. When I went in to have a look he suddenly flipped up onto his feet, and that's when I realised I'd just walked into a crowd of bad guys. The game has become self-aware and is using glitches as bait to ambush players.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I got Unity on the cheap and holy cow 24+ hours to update?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

hiddenriverninja posted:

I got Unity on the cheap and holy cow 24+ hours to update?

Did you get it on the Xbone?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ayn rand hand job posted:

Did you get it on the Xbone?

PS4, actually.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Just finished up Rogue and holy poo poo that ending was a disaster. Not strictly speaking storywise, but technically. The loading/saving icon refused to disappear from the corner, music, sfx, and lines from the characters constantly cut out, and the cutscenes kept freezing. It was ordeal to go through five minutes of gameplay, the last of it to boot.

That said, I love the Stalker system, the fact that you have to actively problem solve in order to get to most of the collectables, and the way Rogue connects Initiates, Unity, and the past three games, if you've bothered to read the entries in the Animus database. There were no game-breaking bugs (just one annoying and several highly amusing instances) and the story was pretty solid, albeit short. I think this was $25 well spent.

Although, "I make my own luck." SHUT THE gently caress UP SHAY I KNOW JESUS gently caress

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

kinmik posted:

Just finished up Rogue and holy poo poo that ending was a disaster. Not strictly speaking storywise, but technically. The loading/saving icon refused to disappear from the corner, music, sfx, and lines from the characters constantly cut out, and the cutscenes kept freezing. It was ordeal to go through five minutes of gameplay, the last of it to boot.

That said, I love the Stalker system, the fact that you have to actively problem solve in order to get to most of the collectables, and the way Rogue connects Initiates, Unity, and the past three games, if you've bothered to read the entries in the Animus database. There were no game-breaking bugs (just one annoying and several highly amusing instances) and the story was pretty solid, albeit short. I think this was $25 well spent.

Although, "I make my own luck." SHUT THE gently caress UP SHAY I KNOW JESUS gently caress

Could you elaborate on some of the series connections? I've played most of the games but these last couple have been incorporating so much crap from facebook apps, tie-in comics and novelizations I feel like most everything is going over my head at this point.

Also yeah, Shay is really dumb.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

OctoberCountry posted:

Could you elaborate on some of the series connections? I've played most of the games but these last couple have been incorporating so much crap from facebook apps, tie-in comics and novelizations I feel like most everything is going over my head at this point.

Also yeah, Shay is really dumb.

Some of the series connections in Rogue:
  • One of the central characters in the game is Achilles, who goes on to be Connor's assassin trainer in AC3.
  • Also returning from AC3 is Haytham Kenway, being Badass Templar Master as usual.
  • From the AC4 side of things you have an (old) Adewale making an appearance. About the best moment is when he encounters Haytham and Adewale tells Haytham how his father Edward would be ashamed of him, which Haytham throws back in Adewale's face.
  • The original incarnation of AC: Initiates also continued the modern-day storyline a fair bit, and many of the characters and plot points it introduced are referenced in the modern-day sections of Rogue. Basically things like who the defacto leader of the modern-day Assassins is. What sort of missions and operations they're undertaking are, etc.
  • AC: Liberation is mentioned quite frequently in the database entries. While Aveline doesn't have a direct impact on Rogue's story, the characters and actions from it have big ripple effects that basically set Rogue's story in motion.
  • Finally the game ties heavily into AC: Unity with the ending. It basically ends where Unity begins. Shay is established as the templar who kills Arno's father.

macnbc fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 21, 2014

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

macnbc posted:

Info dump

Thanks, I played the game so I picked up on the most of the obvious stuff. It's more of the modern day meta-plot I've lost track of except for the fact that Juno is an internet ghost or something

So does Shay show up in Unity at all? The ending made it seem like he'd be the main villain, but from what I've heard that's not the case.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Wow, I'm not sure that I've seen anything less fun than the parkour bit of "The Tournament" coop mission.

nope, more infuriating than any other problem with this game to date

sellouts fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 21, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Haytham's big conversation with Adewale is well written and adds interesting shading. Unfortunately, its an entirely skippable conversation that ends if you stumble too far. So I completely missed it the first time around, including not being able to figure out where the hell Haytham's voice was coming from.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

just applied to the ps4 club as kinjirotadokoro

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

OctoberCountry posted:

Thanks, I played the game so I picked up on the most of the obvious stuff. It's more of the modern day meta-plot I've lost track of except for the fact that Juno is an internet ghost or something

So does Shay show up in Unity at all? The ending made it seem like he'd be the main villain, but from what I've heard that's not the case.

Not really, he's there in the obvious scene, but you never see his face. It's more like an easter egg sort of thing.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Crappy Jack posted:

Not really, he's there in the obvious scene, but you never see his face. It's more like an easter egg sort of thing.

Ceiling Haytham is watching you assassinate.

For content: Unity's sure running a lot better than it was at launch, but I'm still going back to Black Flag when I want to get my AC on. While the parkour changes and higher-quality models are noticeable, it's just more fun to sail around and blow poo poo up.

Still can't wait for Rogue on the PC. They really did do everything wrong with this set of AC titles.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Is Unity all land based? Wrapping up Rogue and I think I've had enough of boats. The lady in my house is also sick of pirate shanties, and I'm sick of chasing them.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Kawabata posted:

Stuttering is the same after 1.4, random FPS drops regardless of graphical settings, game still borderline unplayable.

Holy poo poo Ubisoft. Holy poo poo.

Exact same here when I first booted it up.

Closed it down, updated my Nvidia drivers or whatever, figured I'd play around with the settings some more later, but now it crashes on the tiny "launch window" thing acu.exe not working every time. I'm redownloading all 50gb to see if that will help.

Odd they would put it on Steam sale when it's still horribly broken thus exposing a lot more people to how broken it is. They're not winning any favours.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I un-installed unity before the latest patch. Does it still freeze up when some npc based things have to be done (i.e like the random events loading in or more npcs have to be loaded).

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Is ACU fixed yet on PC?

I'm playing Black Flag now, does anyone know how to fix Anne Bonny not talking when she becomes Quartermaster? Google says nothing

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Is ACU fixed yet on PC?

No. Doesn't look like their patch did anything really.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

That's pretty lame. I thought the end of Rogue was a cool set up for Unity, but this makes it sound more like a tacked on advertisement.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OctoberCountry posted:

That's pretty lame. I thought the end of Rogue was a cool set up for Unity, but this makes it sound more like a tacked on advertisement.

Rogue is a setup for the second half of AC3. Shay is well into his 60s by the time that the French Revolution starts, so a cameo makes more sense.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Rogue is a setup for the second half of AC3. Shay is well into his 60s by the time that the French Revolution starts, so a cameo makes more sense.

Fair enough, but nearly every game in this series has ended with you beating up an old man.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

OctoberCountry posted:

Fair enough, but nearly every game in this series has ended with you beating up an old man.

Next year they'll just cut to the chase: Assassin's Creed 6: Nursing Home Wars

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

macnbc posted:

Next year they'll just cut to the chase: Assassin's Creed 6: Nursing Home Wars

Revelations is already a game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PoshAlligator posted:

No. Doesn't look like their patch did anything really.

Seems to be yes if AMD, no if nvidia.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Seems to be yes if AMD, no if nvidia.

I can confirm I'm running an Nvidia. Back to waiting I guess.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Is ACU fixed yet on PC?

I just got ACU, let it install overnight.. I try to open it and it just says .exe is not working. I update to the nVidia beta drivers and same poo poo.

Fuckin' Ubisoft..

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Skoll posted:

I just got ACU, let it install overnight.. I try to open it and it just says .exe is not working. I update to the nVidia beta drivers and same poo poo.

Fuckin' Ubisoft..

Mine launched correctly though badly the first time and then I updated the drivers like you and am getting the same thing.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So I've been trying to play Far Cry 4 for the past few days but I swear it runs way loving worse than this game ever did. It doesn't even look that much better than FC3, and I ran that game flawlessly.

Get it together, Ubisoft.

edit: And yeah, I can confirm that the game runs great on AMD cards. Hilarious!

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 22, 2014

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Daily Forecast posted:

edit: And yeah, I can confirm that the game runs great on AMD cards. Hilarious!

however it's not the way it's meant to be played

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Literally has anyone with Nvidia managed to fix the pre-launch acu.exe is not working thing?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PoshAlligator posted:

Literally has anyone with Nvidia managed to fix the pre-launch acu.exe is not working thing?

I've got Nvidia and it's been working fine for me.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

I've got Nvidia and it's been working fine for me.

drat. I even redownloaded it, but after updating the Nvidia drivers I can't get past the launch screen at all (the tiny one with the picture of the assassins before it launches).

Are you running the most up to date drivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

PoshAlligator posted:

drat. I even redownloaded it, but after updating the Nvidia drivers I can't get past the launch screen at all (the tiny one with the picture of the assassins before it launches).

Are you running the most up to date drivers?

I have a 970 and it works fine for me. I also previously had SLI 760s, and while it ran like dogshit I could still play. What are your specs?

• Locked thread