Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Brainbread posted:

Join us on the Strata relay, where we wait to see the end of our pathetic shiny bug lives at the hand of Vay Hek.

The death cult awaits your membership! Only 10 minutes until the Rapture!

Sure, IF I COULD LOG IN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I was kinda hoping people in the relay would lose the warframe they were wearing.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

aegof posted:

I was kinda hoping people in the relay would lose the warframe they were wearing.

I think if they did that all the people wearing Excalibur Primes would've spontaneously exploded.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh wait, they are destroying the relays? :downs:

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
Ok that was pretty awesome.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Me, as long as one's still around, they're all the same, right?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
This is basically the direct result of poor difficulty balancing on DE's part for Archwing. About two streams ago someone asked if they could get a balance review for the higher end Archwing missions (e.g. Neptune interception) and I think it was Sheldon who said "well they can't all be easy right??"

I guess whoever wrote the question didn't spell it out directly enough, in large enough font: the issue was the enormous jump between Mars interception and Neptune. The only option to get high end gear for Archwing currently is to grind the hell out of low end stuff around Mars and hope your group can make it to 4 waves, which is less often now that everyone who wanted Limbo has him and people realized what a huge grind it would be.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
lol they just moved the individual parts around with some lovely explosion effects on the bits to cover that they did zero work on the models

a million artists, an important event, and that's what they do

hilarious

edit: Maybe they really didn't expect any to die?

Denzine fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 22, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I mean, all the relays are the same so it's practically beneficial if only one lives so you always know where the void trader is and can always guarantee there are people there.

I'm sure they will have an even or something to "rebuild" the destroyed relays.

Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist
If any Tenno Santas are around, I just recently hopped back into this game after a year of not playing it to play with my brother.

Ingame name is JeffBed. I just applied to the goon clan and I'm still MR 1 and i need to start grabbing cool stuff. I used to play with Mag but i kinda got sick of that frame after a while so If anyone wants to help me out i'd really like to get started with Trinity instead and maybe a yellow and blue potato. Thanks a bunch!

Merry TennoMas!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Coldbird posted:

This is basically the direct result of poor difficulty balancing on DE's part for Archwing. About two streams ago someone asked if they could get a balance review for the higher end Archwing missions (e.g. Neptune interception) and I think it was Sheldon who said "well they can't all be easy right??"

I guess whoever wrote the question didn't spell it out directly enough, in large enough font: the issue was the enormous jump between Mars interception and Neptune. The only option to get high end gear for Archwing currently is to grind the hell out of low end stuff around Mars and hope your group can make it to 4 waves, which is less often now that everyone who wanted Limbo has him and people realized what a huge grind it would be.

The login issues that have been persisting can't be helping either.

Also, when I DID manage to log in, I tried to do a Syndicate Spy mission today, and spawned off the map. So, I ragequit and threw my mouse against the wall. There will be no more Archwing or anything for me until I get a new mouse, it seems.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
The incentives for doing well on these formorians are just way too goddamned low. If I'm going to have to use my pos archwing stuff, toss in some reactors and catalysts at least.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Also, when I DID manage to log in, I tried to do a Syndicate Spy mission today, and spawned off the map. So, I ragequit and threw my mouse against the wall. There will be no more Archwing or anything for me until I get a new mouse, it seems.

I thought this sort of stuff only happened to kids on YouTube...

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

pyromance posted:

The incentives for doing well on these formorians are just way too goddamned low. If I'm going to have to use my pos archwing stuff, toss in some reactors and catalysts at least.

They take like, 3 minutes to do - even with crap gear.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Yeah you can solo them pretty easy too just make a beeline for the ship and boom.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Denzine posted:

lol they just moved the individual parts around with some lovely explosion effects on the bits to cover that they did zero work on the models

hilarious

Who hurt you, denzine? This is a safe place to talk. Show me on the space ninja doll where DE touched you

Coldbird posted:

They tried to shoehorn archwing into an event way too soon when people generally have no interest in doing archwing at all, and I don't blame em. You're gonna have pubbies with underleveled/undermodded wings in your missions,and having it require a stupid grind to build one-use keys probably doesn't help either.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 22, 2014

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Aren't the reward mods just Fire+Status for Archwing weapons, too?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Denzine posted:

hilarious

Man have you even posted something in this thread without sounding completely salty about it?

Khorne posted:

I mean, all the relays are the same so it's practically beneficial if only one lives so you always know where the void trader is and can always guarantee there are people there.

I'm sure they will have an even or something to "rebuild" the destroyed relays.

That 'benefit' is so retarded it hurts me to even think about it. Knowing where the VT is located is trivial, and reaching there even more so. If anything, they should've let the harder relays explode (instead of the loving Earth relay) since higher-level ones such as Pluto are harder to access.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kyte posted:

Man have you even posted something in this thread without sounding completely salty about it?

That 'benefit' is so retarded it hurts me to even think about it. Knowing where the VT is located is trivial, and reaching there even more so. If anything, they should've let the harder relays explode (instead of the loving Earth relay) since higher-level ones such as Pluto are harder to access.

If you want to make it look like you're serious, blowing up the second or third relay is the right way to do it. Blowing up the first makes it more obvious that it's rigged, blowing up later ones doesn't give that same sense of 'urgency' to the rest.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So where exactly do i make/launch the excavator thing that you get for completing all the missions on a planet? Unless Earth doesn't count for some reason :(

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Maybe this has been the plan all along: blow up all relays except one. Because its silly the Steel Meridian lady and Perrin guy are all over the relays at once when they look like an individual. If the players can't be arsed to defend the Earth relay, they won't be arsed to defend the relays against tougher enemies. Saturn is a goner. So are the harder ones. Like gently caress I'd bother to fight level 30 Archwing enemies.

loving hell, just make the players fight over ownership of relays and get tax from syndicates and trading. Like a public dojo. That you can decorate and annoy the poo poo out of other players and be known as "the pink relay". Just limit the ownership to a single alliance so it won't be ICE or Orion controlling everything.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I thought it was odd that Earth's relay was blown up, because that was the one relay that people were actually congregating in. I think most of the relays will go, there's no real point in having fifteen duplicate stations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kyte posted:

Warframe (PC/PS4): why do I have 1000 hours in this terrible game

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So where exactly do i make/launch the excavator thing that you get for completing all the missions on a planet? Unless Earth doesn't count for some reason :(

Step 1: Purchase the Titan Extractor blueprint from the Market ( Equipment -> Keys and Drones in the lower left), maybe buy the Distilling Extractor too since it's less effort for the same Rare resources and oxium is plentiful now.
Step 2: Construct about 3 per extraction location you intend to use in the Foundry under Miscellaneous at the far right.
Step 3: Deploy a extractor/distiller on Jupiter because neural sensors are really annoying to farm. Extractors/distillers lose HP over time while collecting, but regenerate hp when sitting idle, so having multiples lets you keep them out 24/7 without losing any.

You MUST have cleared every single node on the planet you want to deploy an Extractor on, including Archwing missions. If you need help with that just ask in clanchat, goons will almost certainly help you.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Haha wow, it's super-impressive DE actually went that far. I was expecting nothing, or a simple kick to the liset.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wait you get things for completing planets??!?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Sandweed posted:

Any Perin, Loka or Veil goons wanna trade me one of their syndicate weapons for a pair of Telos Akbolto?

This now also includes a Synoid Gamacor up for grabs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Xun posted:

Nightmare missions and the ability to deploy extractors for resource farming. Both of these things are kind of important.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Xun posted:

Every node you complete gives you a little bit of Mastery, too!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The Shortest Path posted:

Nightmare missions and the ability to deploy extractors for resource farming. Both of these things are kind of important.

I've never gotten anything worthwhile from like 50 extractors. Nightmare mods are good though!

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
They're usually really bad but occasionally you'll get like 6 neural sensors/cells from one. They take so little time investment to use that there's basically no reason to not.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Denzine posted:

Step 1: Purchase the Titan Extractor blueprint from the Market ( Equipment -> Keys and Drones in the lower left), maybe buy the Distilling Extractor too since it's less effort for the same Rare resources and oxium is plentiful now.
Step 2: Construct about 3 per extraction location you intend to use in the Foundry under Miscellaneous at the far right.
Step 3: Deploy a extractor/distiller on Jupiter because neural sensors are really annoying to farm. Extractors/distillers lose HP over time while collecting, but regenerate hp when sitting idle, so having multiples lets you keep them out 24/7 without losing any.

You MUST have cleared every single node on the planet you want to deploy an Extractor on, including Archwing missions. If you need help with that just ask in clanchat, goons will almost certainly help you.

Yeah the Archwing missions where the ones that were tripping me up since i didn't have one until just last night, but thanks for the help! Woulden't think to look in Keys and Drones.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Brainbread posted:

They take like, 3 minutes to do - even with crap gear.

Its just that there's no real incentive to do the mission more than once.

Also its Archwing and they suck balls.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 22, 2014

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I still don't know how this event works.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Well, you also didn't know how colors worked, so...

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Male Man posted:

It's quite simple!

First you find the thing and once you've found the thing you go to the thing the thing is around but not the thing that the thing is actually at and shoot the things that drop the things then you pick up those things so you can make the other things that do the thing to the thing and once you've made the thing that does the thing you put on the thing and you put on the other things and go to the actual thing and you want to stay behind things while you get close to the thing and once you're near the thing you want to shoot the things on the outside of the things so you can get inside the thing and once you're inside the thing you want to shoot the thing in the middle but not yet because you want everyone in place to get the best thing so once you're all in the thing around the thing you want to use the thing that does the thing to the thing and you'll have 30 seconds to shoot the thing but you want to first shoot the little things on the outside of the thing in the middle of the thing then shoot the things in the middle that the little things were on oh and before you get inside the thing to shoot the thing you might want to shoot all the things that are trying to follow you into the thing because there are a lot of things and they can gently caress things up also once inside the thing you don't want to take too long to do the thing because bigger things spawn inside and can gently caress you up the thing you're trying to do too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So what happens if youre in the fomorian after the 30 seconds?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

hooah posted:

Well, you also didn't know how colors worked, so...

Realtalk: they didn't announce the whole "one research at a time" thing until two hotfixes later. I had no way of knowing I was about to Jeff everything up. And I already fixed it.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Male Man posted:

Trolling aside, here's the short version.

* Formorian ship appears at planet. While it's there, every enemy on that planet has a chance to drop an Omega Isotope.
* You use Omega Isotopes + Cryotic to build a Formorian Disruptor.

(Excavation missions are ideal -- not only do you need Cryotic to build it, but infinite spam of enemies makes for easy Isotope farming.)

Once you have built a Disruptor, you go to your fitting screen, click Gear, and then add the Formorian Disruptor to your gear. That'll allow you to queue for the Formorian mission on that planet, which is an Archwing mission.

When you're actually in the mission, rush to the Formorian and head up. On each "shoulder" there will be a shield generator -- you blow off the cover, and then blow up the fins on the generator. When both shield generators are destroyed, you'll be able to enter the interior of the ship -- head down, about 2/3rds of the way down the ship's height, and you'll see that the two slits on the sides previously glowing red are now open.

So, you wait for everyone in the mission to get to the core. The core is normally glowing red and invulnerable to damage, until someone in your group goes to the radial gear menu and activate the Disruptor. This disables the shield on the core for one minute, and you try to do as much damage to the core as you can. There are little fiddly bits on the core that you can shoot off to multiply the damage done; shoot all of the ones you can see, then just pump whatever damage you have left into the core. Your score on the mission is based on how much damage you do to the core. A special reward is available if you do one million damage or more; anyone with the basic Archwing mods and starter wing/weapons will be easily able to break 1.5M; a lv30 Elytron with lv30 Dual Decurions should be doing 2M or more.

After the one minute timer is up, you run like gently caress before it explodes. You have to get a minimum of 350m from the Fomorian within fifteen seconds. Kill any Temporal Dregs on you, and sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Well I've let the official forums know about my theory.