Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

TheKingofSprings posted:

Post god transformation he is.

He's almost as strong in base as he is in god.

Which is why he's probably not transforming in the new movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

RZApublican posted:

I don't know if it's hilarious or sad that it took us this long in the series to have a villain training be used as a viable idea.

To be fair, all of Goku's villains tend to be left either reformed or dead.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Piccolo wasn't reformed at the start of Z and he trained the five year interim, developing the Special Beam Cannon, which is the only way they didn't both die to Raditz.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Also Piccolo only really reformed due to bonding with Gohan during their year of training together. His team up with Goku against Raditz (and with Goku's friends against the Saiyans) was down more to mutual benefit than anything else.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I still wonder how DBZ would've went if Piccolo succeeded and made Gohan his evil sidekick?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Rudoku posted:

I still wonder how DBZ would've went if Piccolo succeeded and made Gohan his evil sidekick?

They still would have gotten stomped by Nappa :v: AFAIK in the manga the Saiyans specifically sought to eliminate Piccolo as he had the highest Power Level on the planet.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rudoku posted:

Piccolo gets sealed in a rice cooker when Chi-Chi uses the Mafuba technique against him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Piccolo gets sealed in a rice cooker when Chi-Chi uses the Mafuba technique against him.

He can just reflect the mafuba though.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

He can just reflect the mafuba though.

Chi-Chi convinced him to get a license under the threat that she wouldn't cook meals that he doesn't eat.

I think she could get him into a rice cooker.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Chi-Chi convinced him to get a license under the threat that she wouldn't cook meals that he doesn't eat.

I think she could get him into a rice cooker.

Piccolo was just trying to be a good role model for gohan. God knows he's in desperate need of one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Piccolo was just trying to be a good role model for gohan. God knows he's in desperate need of one.

But Goku is his dad? :confused:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Then why does he look like yamcha?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

C

Then why does he look like yamcha?

Cus his favorite baseball player is Yamcha?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Toriyama is going to reveal that Yamcha is the best Baseball player in the history of earth. He's just crap compared to guys who bench press mountains.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Bacontotem posted:

Toriyama is going to reveal that Yamcha is the best Baseball player in the history of earth. He's just crap compared to guys who bench press mountains.

You say that like Gohan didn't play better than him in his first game of high school baseball.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Some Numbers posted:

You say that like Gohan didn't play better than him in his first game of high school baseball.

So are you saying Gohan couldn't bench a mountain?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Hmm, I guess that's fair.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

At that point? He had to go super saiyan to beat up two normal dudes.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

wasnt that just so people wouldnt recognize him at school?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Xenoverse story trailer from Jump Festa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVd-cb6m4hM

There's some crazy poo poo in this

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It looks like the plot of Xenoverse is a little bit of Dragonball AF mixed with a lot of timefuckery.

I am so down.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wish they'd show more custom characters off than just the red hair guy. You can make Namekians and Buus and stuff, they should really be showing the variety more.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I wish they'd show more custom characters off than just the red hair guy. You can make Namekians and Buus and stuff, they should really be showing the variety more.

I agree, but I also understand the need to make the marketing consistent. What they really need to do is show their default dude, and then transition into a bunch of other neat designs they came up with, showing how much you can change the character.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Didn't they do some of that in the announcement trailer?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Regardless of the actual game, that is a really good trailer to build hype. What makes it different is really they aren't selling you playing as your favorite DBZ, like pretty much every other game, but fighting by their side, which makes it unique and really appeals to my inner twelve year old. Unless this game really blunders it's control scheme, it is basically a buy for me now.

edit: Basically this game let's you play the Mary Sue self insert fanfic character we all created in our minds.

e X fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 22, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Vegeta leading the Ginyu Force?

SHADOW HERCULE?!

:syoon:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, this looks really dumb......in the same way that DBZ itself is dumb, which means I am all for it and can't wait. I wonder if you'll get to go through GT fights too...Yeah, there's SSJ4 characters to play as, but I wonder if they even bothered to do the whole SAVE HISTORY thing with the Shadow Dragons and Super 17 and the like, or if they're gonna stop at Beerus.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jivjov posted:

Yeah, this looks really dumb......in the same way that DBZ itself is dumb, which means I am all for it and can't wait. I wonder if you'll get to go through GT fights too...Yeah, there's SSJ4 characters to play as, but I wonder if they even bothered to do the whole SAVE HISTORY thing with the Shadow Dragons and Super 17 and the like, or if they're gonna stop at Beerus.

Beerus is in the game. GT is triple un-canon so the GT stuff is mostly probably going to be fanservice "We put them in because at some point they existed" kind of deals. Like Kid Goku in the Budakai games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Beerus is in the game. GT is triple un-canon.

Then why do we have GT-only characters at all?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Nope, all you get is not-Gohan with a scouter.

e X posted:

Basically this game let's you play the Mary Sue self insert fanfic character we all created in our minds.

This is such a perfect concept for a DBZ game that I'm a little surprised it's taken this long for the game to happen.

I really hope the game is as good as it looks...or better, since that weird sheen on the characters is really distracting.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've gotten used to the sheen and man those beams look so good

I wonder what excuse if any they're going to give for a non-freeza race create-a-character being able to help Goku fight Beerus in SPACE

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 22, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jivjov posted:

Then why do we have GT-only characters at all?

References and Cameos, like I said. poo poo, wasn't Arale in one of the Budakai games? I mean, throwing in poo poo just to have it be in the game is kind of the DBZ video game legacy at this point.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
GT is one of the horrible futures Trunks and Mary Sue have to prevent.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope the game is as good as it looks...or better, since that weird sheen on the characters is really distracting.

That weird shine effect is why I'm getting it on PC instead of console. The gameplay itself looks awesome, but that shininess is really distracting and there should be some way to knock it back a few notches either via lowering graphic options or using mods.

I do however hope the face/hair character creation options shown so far in the beta are incomplete though. With how sparse it is it's going to be a bitch to make a character that won't run into a clone of himself with different colored hair frequently when interacting with other players.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

GT is one of the horrible futures Trunks and Mary Sue have to prevent.

"There's a not so distant future where you make terrible choices in attire Trunks, choices that may be considered crimes against humanity. Also Gohan is the strongest in the universe but he still doesn't do crap."

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Blockhouse posted:

I've gotten used to the sheen and man those beams look so good

I wonder what excuse if any they're going to give for a non-freeza race create-a-character being able to help Goku fight Beerus in SPACE

They'd actually still be in the atmosphere at the elevation they fought in! Given it'd be absurdly thin, but hey. Saiyans.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

dr.acula posted:

wasnt that just so people wouldnt recognize him at school?

Yes, because blond hair is basically the clark kent glasses.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tae posted:

Yes, because blond hair is basically the clark kent glasses.

I do like that Gohan ends up with a pair of secret identities. And isn't there someone who doesn't believe that tournament Saiyaman is the same as actual Saiyaman because he has to swap out the helmet for a bandanna?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
TFS just sorta LP'd Budokai on their site and we kinda got a weird pseudo-preview spitballing idea of what their Cell Saga/Cell Games is gonna be like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Szmitten posted:

TFS just sorta LP'd Budokai on their site and we kinda got a weird pseudo-preview spitballing idea of what their Cell Saga/Cell Games is gonna be like.

CELL JR: MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANDROID 18

• Locked thread