Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

WHY

WHY IS THIS A THING

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Snacks in your pants r good.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Seeing the type of joy on people's faces when they pump up the bowl for the first time, or eat their very first set of snacks out of, is kind of like my friends faces below when we had a popcorn eating competition [ out of each others pants of course ], at my sisters Stag and Doe this fall. It's just so much fun! ... And practical!

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
drat good coffee... and practical

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
they left out the part where the bowl has a hole in the bottom

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Step one, cut a hole in a bowl

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

quote:

I mean you could really wear them anywhere.. a wedding, a funeral or even a basketball game.

quote:

The clean white finish on the 3 inflatable rings contributes to a classic look and feel, and the saturn ring around the top maximizes stabilization and yaw.

quote:

An important feature is that this also provides for a bowl placement that grazes the insides of the legs, bringing added warmth, that is hard to detach from.

quote:

guys i think this might be a joke

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
also that bladeshield thing is (was :() incredible and everyone should see it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

also that bladeshield thing is (was :() incredible and everyone should see it

it looks like they spent more money on the video than their 25k goal

or at least a good fraction of it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

syscall girl posted:

it looks like they spent more money on the video than their 25k goal

or at least a good fraction of it
the whole thing has to be a (very expensive) joke, the video itself goes out of its way to highlight how retarded the idea is

honestly not sure what kind of person would have dumped the necessary money into it tbh

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice
http://petapixel.com/2014/12/18/printsnap-wants-bring-back-instant-picture-using-dirt-cheap-receipt-paper/

the next big thing will be monochrome 640x384 pictures on receipt paper with a $200 camera

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Verdafolio posted:

http://petapixel.com/2014/12/18/printsnap-wants-bring-back-instant-picture-using-dirt-cheap-receipt-paper/

the next big thing will be monochrome 640x384 pictures on receipt paper with a $200 camera

Everything's old is new again

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

You Am I posted:

Everything's old is new again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Printer

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

:thejoke:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

quote:

We show you how to connect your home grow to the Internet of Things, thus allowing us to launch the first ever open source community for cannabis growers!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/79747954/how-to-grow-the-greenest-green-online-course?ref=category

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

i hope this succeeds in a big way just so i can get the satisfaction of reading a news article about malware that targets IoT grow ops

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
security fuckup: the dea used my internet of weed to burn my house down

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
security fuckup: the dea used the camera in my weed computer to identify me

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
security fuckup: the dea used a honeypot kickstarter to steal my money (gently caress you got RICO)

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

security fuckup: the dea used my internet of weed to burn my house down

lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://kickstarter.com/projects/1267969302/lesswrong-the-sequences-audiobook

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
thank you ian

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
happy new year ian

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

can u please post relevant statistics regarding putin, timb, and my little pony? tia

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1807784748/phoenixs-first-gluten-free-paleo-friendly-taco-tru/

your investor reward for supporting a fad diet food truck is some idiot doing crossfit on video. like it never occurred to them to make a gift card for their food one of the rewards. they have no menus of what they are cooking other than mentioning tacos. the fingernails going into the steak in the video shows how conscious they are about food safety. granted it's a food truck and you should expect some uncleanliness, but they are mishandling the food and havent even started the business yet.

Drunk Beekeeper fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 2, 2015

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hmm it couldn't have anything to do with tailoring your diet to your specific condition, it's the magic of paleo which has cured you of all ills

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
their first kickstarter raised $419 out of $65k lol https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1807784748/phoenixs-first-paleo-primal-taco-truck

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

for 2 bucks you can get a twitter shoutout but for :10bux: they'll give you a shoutout on facebook AND twitter, im in

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
A tour of sorts is still the best kickstarter

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206130052/dna-is-not-a-helix

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

oh my god

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
scientists refuse to admit that the double helix is wrong because they would lose the money and power that it brings them. this is also why they still subscribe to the bohr model of the atom and depict velociraptors without feathers.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
on the other hand the guy is literally philo from uhf so maybe he's right???

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

now i'm curious: do we get any advantage from dna being a helix as opposed to a ladder?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

vOv posted:

now i'm curious: do we get any advantage from dna being a helix as opposed to a ladder?

worksforme, wontfix

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

vOv posted:

there's a lot of dna tertiary structure going on beyond the double helix http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleic_acid_tertiary_structure

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

do ladders hypercoil?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
tbqh i know so little about mol bio stuff that i am honestly not qualified to have an opinion on the subject, but that kickstarter makes him look batshit crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Trig Discipline posted:

tbqh i know so little about mol bio stuff that i am honestly not qualified to have an opinion on the subject, but that kickstarter makes him look batshit crazy

he seems to be mostly upset that popular media depicts dna helixes as being super tightly coiled and somehow this is a lie covering up real secrets about the human body

• Locked thread