Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Dulkor posted:

The Rear Admiral plus Expose is my go to build when I'm trying to use it more competitively. Sometimes a Rebel Captive too.

Yeah, I like the look of the Rear Admiral dude with Expose, plus probably 4x Academy TIEs for fun. The Decimator really does look like a ship which you could jam a shitload of upgrades into, I don't think I'll run it too pimped out yet. I already use a Shuttle as a support ship, and I don't think the Decimator will supplant it as my go-to support.

The Shuttle has an unbeatable price and versatility, it's crazy how many different types of roles it can play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Vader and gunner on a 360 ship is the one thing in this game thats legit stupid powerful and shouldnt exist

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

Vader and gunner on a 360 ship is the one thing in this game thats legit stupid powerful and shouldnt exist

But you are paying 48 points for that gimmick, even if the gimmick is a 360 crits loving everywhere. The Doomshuttle exists because it's so loving cheap, I'd have to run the Decivader™ to see if it's worth it.

e: It fits into my current Decimator list easily enough, I'll give it a shot.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Leo Showers posted:

But you are paying 48 points for that gimmick, even if the gimmick is a 360 crits loving everywhere. The Doomshuttle exists because it's so loving cheap, I'd have to run the Decivader™ to see if it's worth it.

e: It fits into my current Decimator list easily enough, I'll give it a shot.
What's your current list?

I was thinking of something like this:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Expose (4)
Darth Vader (3)
Gunner (5)

"Howlrunner" (18)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I can't really see what else to fill it out with after getting Chiraneau/Expose/Vader/Gunner, to be honest, so howlrunner mini-swarm it is.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tekopo posted:

What's your current list?

I was thinking of something like this:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Expose (4)
Darth Vader (3)
Gunner (5)

"Howlrunner" (18)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I can't really see what else to fill it out with after getting Chiraneau/Expose/Vader/Gunner, to be honest, so howlrunner mini-swarm it is.

I think it's a pretty solid list, I really like it.

It's fairly similar to what I was thinking initially, which was Chiraneau with Expose + 4 Academy TIEs. I was musing trading one of the TIEs for Howlrunner plus some upgrades to the Decimator, as just having Expose probably wouldn't cut it. I think the mini-swarm is a solid choice, I'm not sure with what else you could put in it without potentially hamstringing yourself by having too few ships.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Run a two ship list! Decimator and Whisper :q:

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Random question, would this list have any potential play in the current meta:

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Prototype Pilot + Chardaan Refit (15)
Biggs Darklighter (25)

99pts, 13 Attack Dice, 29 HP/SP, 10 Defense Dice. *shrug* I'm still not sure what I'm doing with this game.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

susan posted:

Random question, would this list have any potential play in the current meta:

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Biggs Darklighter (25)

99pts, 13 Attack Dice, 29 HP/SP, 10 Defense Dice. *shrug* I'm still not sure what I'm doing with this game.

What are the B-Wings doing that X-Wings couldn't do? B-Wings have a ton of shield but I'd be worried about then just being focused down, as 1 agility does make a difference. Also what is your plans for Biggs?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

That's like the standard XXBB but with two A-wings swapped in for Wedge. I dunno how much utility two As would have, but I don't feel like they are going to be much better because having two 2-dice attacks is a heck of a lot worse than a single 3-dice attack that removes an evade result. They are going to be a lot more resilient, sure, but that's what you have Biggs for: staying at range 3 (hopefully behind an asteroids) taking the shots meant for Wedge/the Blue Squadrons.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Tekopo posted:

Run a two ship list! Decimator and Whisper :q:

I had a friend try this against my Lebbo/Chewi squad....it did not go well for him.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
As a note for those looking at getting the TIE Interceptor pack: alt-art Soontir Fel is the participation prize for upcoming Store Championships. I mention this as a friend of mine doesn't want anything in the TIE Interceptor pack except Fel, and I thought others might be the same way.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Still need it for the base cover with the big 9 pilot skill on it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I got a Lambda today. The paint job feels really cheap compared to the other ships, and the articulated wings are poo poo. Looks good from a distance though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I got a Lambda today. The paint job feels really cheap compared to the other ships, and the articulated wings are poo poo. Looks good from a distance though.

I don't care for its "cow" look either. Mine is getting a dark grey paint job in the near future.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I got my Decimator today, and oh man is it cool.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Uh oh I might have an X-Wing problem

A 20% Barnes and Noble discount is both a great benefit and also a horrible temptation.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Look at this scrub that can't run double Falcons or a TIE Swarm. :v:

Good start, buy some more A and B-Wings.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

Look at this scrub that can't run double Falcons or a TIE Swarm. :v:

Good start, buy some more A and B-Wings.

I have Rebel Aces on the way in the mail and I kind of accidentally forgot I bid on a Falcon on eBay so I will actually have two Falcons. I'm terrible with money and should never be allowed near it. I also want a Decimator. gently caress.

I like to call the Rebels "Johnny Reb" so I totally want to paint up my 2nd Falcon like this:

I couldn't actually hand paint a Confederate flag on it though and while my best bet would probably be a water slide decal, it still probably wouldn't turn out very well so I would probably be better off painting it like the Falcon in episode III.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
You do realise that painting a rebel flag Falcon would definitely make you 'that guy' don't you?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Please don't paint rebel battle flags and topless ladies in your children's space models.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

As much as I love The Dukes of Hazzard, I'd probably avoid using that paint scheme outside of friends.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
For fucks sake it's just the General Lee. Are we going to have fascism chat in the x wing thread too?

vvvv I don't want another good thread derailed by someone with a name like "Rapey Joe Stalin" telling me what's offensive and on whose behalf I should be offended. vvvv

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 23, 2014

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

spacegoat posted:

For fucks sake it's just the General Lee. Are we going to have fascism chat in the x wing thread too?

please tell me more about your slavery fetish

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Solo did nothing wrong.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Imperial state's rights

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Quote ain't edit. 11 years I should know better.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:shrug: I dunno, everyone would probably get a kick out of it at the stores in Raleigh :shrug:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah, it's just a joke right guys, like those dudes who paint their Imperial Guardsman up as nazis with swastikas and poo poo, totally a joke and not drawing on a readily accessible construct at all

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The jedi stabbed us in the back, with their force manipulation and space wizardry

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

spacegoat posted:

vvvv I don't want another good thread derailed by someone with a name like "Rapey Joe Stalin" telling me what's offensive and on whose behalf I should be offended. vvvv

I don't believe I told you anything, or indeed was talking to you at all. Nor did anyone mention fascism. Sorry if our concern about him falling into the stereotype of 'guy with questionable statement paint schemes' triggered you.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

spacegoat please share your politically-painted plastic toys

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Let's not derail the thread over the General Lee and pop culture uses of the confederate flag, please. I wouldn't do it myself but this one isn't exactly directly comparable to SS Leman Russes, either.

In other news, has anyone tried proxying a Viper yet? I'm curious to see if and how the Segnor's Loop will shake up the movement game.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I really don't know what to make of the Starviper. It feels like it should be a PtL platform but it doesn't have a dial good enough to use PtL effectively and as such, arc-dodging is more difficult. It feels like the S&V equivalent of an E-Wing: loaded with actions which can it can't fully take advantage of. Actually, let's analyse that comparison further:

Dial
The Starviper dial is certainly better than the E-Wing dial. E-Wing can go to 5, but can't do the loop and it can't do 1-sharp turns. Apart from that, the E-Wing has 2-bank greens rather than 1-bank greens.

Stats
The two ships are equivalent, really, although the E-Wing wins on having shields over hull.

Action Bar
The E-Wing has evade over the boost of the StarViper. I usually edge a boost over an evade, even though the latter can be useful and has caused a few annoying instances where a particular E-Wing just wouldn't go down.

Upgrades
Base E-Wing wins on upgrades thanks to a system and astromech slot over the StarViper. With Virago title, the StarViper gets better, gaining that System slot. I don't think we have seen all the illicit upgrades so I don't know if that puts the edge on the StarViper or the E-Wing within this category (the inertial dampener and hot-shot blasters are nice though). Then again, you can only have one of your StarVipers be the Virago.

Pilots
I kind of like Xizor because I can see people being able to fly squadron with him and spreading that damage around. Not as good as some abilities, but not bad. Guri's ability doesn't seem to be that good to me, but free focus isn't bad as long as you can be sure of being at range 1 of something. Corran Horn is amazing and I do like Etahn, mostly because I like linking him with Ten Numb, although Etahn's ability isn't great in most other situations.

Base PS1 StarViper is 25 points, base PS1 E-Wing is 27 points. Two points difference for having system/astromech and higher shields over lower hull and a worse dial? Having a higher cost for the opportunity to spend more points is dumb. Considering that the Virago title is 1 point, I guess that leaves 1 point for having higher shields. The StarViper is still more points efficient than the E-Wing though.

Looking it over, they do feel like very similar ships: they are like a weird middle ground between arc-dodgers and standard fighters. I like the E-Wing but that is mostly because of the pilots. I'd have to see how Xizor fares really, that ability to shuttle off damage seems pretty good. It should be relatively resilient. I'm really interested to see the interceptor for S&V though at this point, since I'm hoping it's going to be the A-Wing/TIE Interceptor equivalent for S&V.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

You do realise that painting a rebel flag Falcon would definitely make you 'that guy' don't you?

If it were any other context I might agree with you, but come on it's the General Lee. I don't think there's a single person (Outside of you guys I guess) that would mistake it as a genuine support of the CSA as opposed to a silly reference.

Now, he still shouldn't do it anyway, because the flag simply doesn't look good draped across the back of the Falcon as it is. What might look good, though, is instead of putting the Confederate flag you could put the Rebel Crest, which fits a bit more with both the aesthetic and the dimensions of the Falcon. It'd be worth a try, at any rate.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

use this maybe noone will notice

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Oh wow, lol at anyone who thinks a joke General Lee paint scheme is the equivalent of walking around in a nazi uniform

If you have ever seen a single episode of the dukes of hazard that means you're a supporter of slavery!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Good, good. Let the heritage flow through you.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

But yeah, moving away from the thread being hijacked by humorless people on a comedy forum wanting a political debate, I'm just going to paint my 2nd Falcon based off the Stellar Envoy from Episode III as there's no way I could do a General Lee without it looking terrible. The Stellar Envoy has blue circles and stuff and looks nice and would be way easier to paint.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Wizard van Falcon. That or paint up a black & gold A-wing to go with a stagecoach stickup mural on the Falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think the obvious choice is Knight Rider Falcon.

• Locked thread