Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Fair cop, but I stand by "best"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
For real though they better bring Kyle Katarn Back into the SW universe, he's one of my most favorite characters.

I would love a scene in the movies where some sith acolyte shows off with some flashy lightsaber moves to be all intimidating, and Kyle pulls an indiana jones and shoots him with his bryar pistol.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jace Madan posted:

For real though they better bring Kyle Katarn Back into the SW universe, he's one of my most favorite characters.

I would love a scene in the movies where some sith acolyte shows off with some flashy lightsaber moves to be all intimidating, and Kyle pulls an indiana jones and shoots him with his bryar pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRpg0cS343U

i didn't realize when i searched for this the background music in the cantina was going to be the same as the one in anh

even if we assume the modal nodes' "mad about me"* is like cher's "believe" circia 1999 and just played everywhere at all times, this still takes place years after anh when it should have dropped off the charts.

*goonfession: i had to wookiepedia neither the name of the band nor the song

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jace Madan posted:

There is a CHANCE. There is talk in the Star Wars Rebels thread about plans for an animated movie about how the death star plans were captured. I think all the Kyle Katarn fans know that story. If they decide to change it or not is up to Disney though.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Sammus posted:

There is a CHANCE. There is talk in the Star Wars Rebels thread about plans for an animated movie about how the death star plans were captured. I think all the Kyle Katarn fans know that story. If they decide to change it or not is up to Disney though.

Cool. But I'll bet they will rewrite it to be captured by an ultra special Jedi strike force, because everyone knows the Jedi have to be involved in every goddamn thing. The kids need to see the lightsabers every 5 minutes or they might have a stroke, god forbid we see a badass mercenary use heavy weaponry to lay waste to an imperial facility, capture the plans, and change the course of galactic history.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

This is N-canon.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

literally "excuse me princess"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

...of SCIENCE! posted:

fanfiction is something one guy can bang out on his laptop

by its very nature a fan film is a collaborative effort. it isn't just one weird guy frittering away his life masturbating, it's a bunch of people spending their weekends and god knows how much money on a lovely movie that will be C&D'd out of existence the one time they try and show it at a local comic book convention but coming up with original stuff is hard and oh man the world has to experience their vision of Batman sexually assaulting a man in prison before killing himself or Megaman as a pudgy asian college student in CGI armor

I know that second thing happened........ did the first?

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Quixotic1 posted:

Please tell me there is more story behind the guy in the hovering bubble pod. He was in another picture, where Leia is getting married to someone and she is shooting laser beams out of her eyes into the groom.

Also I remember reading a book where Luke and Leia land on some desert planet that is not-Dune. Luke fights some alien that is not the millions of tiny sandworms(maybe they were bugs) as a collective conscious that feed on the force, trying to escape the planet? Leia is also captured by a Hut who runs the planet and they both fight each other with lightsabers.

what loving book is this it's driving me crazy

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Modest Mao posted:

literally "excuse me princess"

This was handmade on 16mm film in a few days, before any kind of home video.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
yeah and the han solo says "excuse me" in a rediculous way to a princess akin to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Modest Mao posted:

yeah and the han solo says "excuse me" in a rediculous way to a princess akin to

:doh: I was too cool for that show when it was on so it didn't get ingrained in my psyche like it should have!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Otisburg posted:

i can't believe i read all these terrible words and the most prominent take away in my dumb brain is: why is it important that trioculus get to marry leia?

Because he's a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Otisburg posted:

-A real thing that happened in a fairly heavily promoted book.

I read the plot synopsis and was hoping it would have more in common with popular zombie stories like TWD, Romero's movies, etc. A little less "WE'VE GOTTA ESCAPE!" and a little more "THERE IS NO NO ESCAPE!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

muscles like this? posted:

But Boner from Growing Pains is obviously the best Joker ever, much better than all those award winning actors who portrayed him in so call "real" Batman movies.

well now youve done it i had to go look this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes
please tell me fatman getting hosed up by predators is considered top-tier fan film poo poo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Just imagined a hutt going into a sarlacc and got a boner

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

shiksa posted:

well now youve done it i had to go look this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7d3lIAkes
please tell me fatman getting hosed up by predators is considered top-tier fan film poo poo

Pretty sure it is. I remember people freaking out when it was released.

Also, the obvious way to cash in on a fanfilm is to put it on Youtube for adbucks. As long as you don't use copyrighted movies or clips, Youtube probably won't do dick.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jace Madan posted:

Cool. But I'll bet they will rewrite it to be captured by an ultra special Jedi strike force, because everyone knows the Jedi have to be involved in every goddamn thing. The kids need to see the lightsabers every 5 minutes or they might have a stroke, god forbid we see a badass mercenary use heavy weaponry to lay waste to an imperial facility, capture the plans, and change the course of galactic history.

They threw out all the old canon because it was poo poo, HTH

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Modest Mao posted:

did link's va kill himself after this finished running

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

The best part -- aside from naming a droid "4Q2" -- is that they actually got Paul Frees for the voiceover.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Neurosis posted:

did link's va kill himself after this finished running

Link's voice actor was the 80's personified which is why the cartoon ended in December of 1989.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Jace Madan posted:

That's still kind of dumb, just in a slightly different way than the jedi

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Jace Madan posted:

You would think that with their advanced technology they could come up with a way to just fly by the place and hack their wifi.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think there was a hacker in the death star book and i think his name was in leetspeak

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Otisburg posted:

i can't believe i read all these terrible words and the most prominent take away in my dumb brain is: why is it important that trioculus get to marry leia?

According to wookiepedia, he was obsessed with her and wanted to turn her to the dark side so she'd learn to love him too. Then he was shot through the heart, with lasers!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Is the laser eye thing something Leia can just do and she never bothers most of the time because this might turn my opinion of the EU right around

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It was a fake robot leia.

Yeah I had those books as a kid...

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Is the laser eye thing something Leia can just do and she never bothers most of the time because this might turn my opinion of the EU right around

It's actually a robot duplicate of Leia :ssh:

EDIT: The most EU thing in recent years is the reveal of Emperor Palpatine's first name as "Sheev."

And he looked like this as a kid:

:byodood:

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 22, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

poo poo

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

According to wookiepedia, he was obsessed with her and wanted to turn her to the dark side so she'd learn to love him too. Then he was shot through the heart, with lasers!

Was Leah to blaim? Did she give love a bad name?

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

SirPhoebos posted:

And he looked like this as a kid:

Darth Alan Partridge

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Just imagine what new terrible heights the EU can go from a completely fresh start. Maybe every character and object from the trailer will get elaborate backstories and turn out to have saved the universe. Even the faceless stormteoopers.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Don Gato posted:

Just imagine what new terrible heights the EU can go from a completely fresh start. Maybe every character and object from the trailer will get elaborate backstories and turn out to have saved the universe. Even the faceless stormteoopers.

Faceless stormtroopers get relegated to urinalysis duty

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I never knew Aaron Aliston died, he actually wrote fun stuff. We got the Gamorean fighter pilot from him. :(

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

Sammus posted:

There is a CHANCE. There is talk in the Star Wars Rebels thread about plans for an animated movie about how the death star plans were captured. I think all the Kyle Katarn fans know that story.
And the X-Wing fans know a different, better story, but one that wouldn't make a very good cartoon.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Crowsbeak posted:

I never knew Aaron Aliston died, he actually wrote fun stuff. We got the Gamorean fighter pilot from him. :(

Yeah, it really is a shame. The Wraith Squadron books were legit good. Pulpy, sure, but very well written and not the military hardware catalogue that Stackpole's Rogue Squadron books are.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh no :ohdear: those books were the only good ones from the EU

Don Gato posted:

Oh boy I can't wait to hear the fans make jokes about the black storm trooper stealing the Death Star plans

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Trevor Hale posted:

Yeah, it really is a shame. The Wraith Squadron books were legit good. Pulpy, sure, but very well written and not the military hardware catalogue that Stackpole's Rogue Squadron books are.

I still like the early Rogue Squandron books, but I preferred Wraith for how much fun it had with the whole universe. Hell the best part of those series was that they started to treat the EU more like a comic book universe, yes you have your main team, but you didn't always have to do stories about them, sometimes those guys in the background could be doing awesome stuff without the main guys.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Crowsbeak posted:

I still like the early Rogue Squandron books, but I preferred Wraith for how much fun it had with the whole universe. Hell the best part of those series was that they started to treat the EU more like a comic book universe, yes you have your main team, but you didn't always have to do stories about them, sometimes those guys in the background could be doing awesome stuff without the main guys.

I still don't 'get' some of the decisions in Isard's Revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Crowsbeak posted:

Well gently caress. He was still producing stories recently, I was hoping that they'd let him have a crack at the new EU and maybe set a decent tone for the reboot or whatever. He's the only Star Wars author who ever made me laugh unsarcasticly.

• Locked thread