Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

I decided to live stream power-leveling/killing of Terromoto on twitch. The first person to come in just said 'No one really watches Firefall' and then left 30 seconds later. By the end of it I had a half a dozen lurkers in there watching me move slowly towards the brink of insanity. I like to think that they celebrated me becoming the Bronze Weight Holmgang Champion dozens of times in a similar way to how I did :suicide:.

But now my Biotech is 24 - So I'm in the clear. Right? Guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
:siren: Patch v1.2.1843 :siren:

The patch is currently being deployed to the servers. There is a downtime from 2pm PST to 6pm PST, although they hope it won't last that long. The downtime is mainly database work (they are removing some items from player's accounts and giving players other items).

Patch Highlights:
  • Crafting overhaul!
  • Brontodon King open world raid encounter.
  • Campaign tokens that you earn by doing hardcore missions (see later in this post).
  • Looking For Squad system.
  • No more chance of epic quality BWA HC loot, but all the loot is guaranteed blue.

Crafting Changes:

Hybrids will cost 75% less to manufacture. In compensation, hybrids in the player's inventory will be multiplied by 4.
Number of hybrids required for an item doubled. With the cost reduction, this means a 50% reduction in cost via hybrids.
The time to manufacture hybrid resources has been decreased by 66%.
The number of resources required to craft an item has been reduced.
You can now craft "optional components" that when applied to an item guarantees that it receives that prefix. So, for example, you can now craft a "Custom Rapidfire" prefix component.

All this combined means items cost about 37.5% of what they used to cost. Items are way cheaper to craft, but they will require more time spent crafting the sub-components.

Campaign Tokens:

Every time you beat a hardcore version of a campaign mission + Miru, you will earn a campaign token. You can only receive 1 token from each mission per day (resets when dailies get reset) for a total of 7 per day. Tokens can be spent on prefixed blue weapons, crafting recipe unlocks, an LGV, and other things.

Existing campaign tokens (that you earned from Devil's Tusk Warfront) are being removed. You will be allowed to keep 7 of them as a small head-start. Every other token you have has been converted to crystite at a rate of 1500 crystite per token.

Titan tokens were also wiped. For every titan token you had, you will receive 2500 crystite.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Oh hey another needles loot nerf. The rest seems pretty okay though but there has to be a catch,

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Morglon posted:

Oh hey another needles loot nerf. The rest seems pretty okay though but there has to be a catch,

The BWA HC loot nerf is probably the only bad thing this patch. People might consider the Heavy Armor nerf to be bad too.

---

In other news, the database queries are taking longer than intended to complete, so downtime is extended. They don't know when it will be finished, but they are keeping everybody up to date on the official forums.

--

Finally, I'm releasing an update to Reicere's JobMem addon.

JobMem
Originally written by Reicere and modified by me, this addon will let you easily repeat ARES Job Board missions. A "Repeat Job" button will appear on Job Boards that, when clicked, will cause any finished job to repeat itself. You can also use the following slash commands: /stopjob, /restartjob, /repeatjob.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

JobMem
Originally written by Reicere and modified by me, this addon will let you easily repeat ARES Job Board missions. A "Repeat Job" button will appear on Job Boards that, when clicked, will cause any finished job to repeat itself. You can also use the following slash commands: /stopjob, /restartjob, /repeatjob.

That link isn't working for me. I get an Error 500 from google. I'll try again in a little bit.

Edit: now it just redirects me to a super long URL and never returns anything.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

precedence posted:

That link isn't working for me. I get an Error 500 from google. I'll try again in a little bit.

Ugh, Google Drive has been failing to work today for some reason.

EDIT: Looks like Google Drive itself is now offline. It was giving 404 errors earlier, but I got it to work, but it now seems the entire service has crashed.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

precedence posted:

I just checked today and it seems to be working now.

---

I think this is fairly important for you guys to read:
Dev Blog: Firefall's Reward Systems

It includes some peaks at future content as well as an explanation of how rewards are going to work in the future. In it they lay out a tiered content system and how they expect to distribute items.

The biggest reveal is that they are working on an item upgrade system. They plan for you to earn these special blue items and upgrade them to be better versions. This is why purple necro gear doesn't drop anymore in BWA. They are building a system that will let you upgrade your blue drops to purple quality and beyond.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So is this game an actual game now? Last time I played was a couple months after it opened up and all you really did was hop around planting and defending drills. It felt incredibly unfinished.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Verranicus posted:

So is this game an actual game now? Last time I played was a couple months after it opened up and all you really did was hop around planting and defending drills. It felt incredibly unfinished.

You mean way back in open beta? A LOT has changed since then. Completely new systems, 3 new zones, a level system, item drops, and lots of events. They have an actual "live team" now that is constantly making new content. After one event is finished, another event will take its place after a week or two. We just got done with a racing event that gave everybody vehicle turbo modules and the big winter event is due to start in 6 days. It's free, so go ahead and give it a try.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
What else are you gonna do to get your future guns and jetpacks fix? Global Agenda? I'm sorry, I need a moment.

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Morglon posted:

What else are you gonna do to get your future guns and jetpacks fix? Global Agenda? I'm sorry, I need a moment.

I've sunk way to many hours into GA. It was such a darn fun game, and Firefall is really the best of what the open world GA could have been. If only we could bring a CTF mode into Firefall..........

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Fishvilla posted:

I've sunk way to many hours into GA. It was such a darn fun game, and Firefall is really the best of what the open world GA could have been. If only we could bring a CTF mode into Firefall..........

Arena PvP is being worked on. I don't know if it will be ready anytime soon, but everything I hear says that they are working on it. It will most likely launch with TDM, Harvester (Conquest), and Jet Ball.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

Arena PvP is being worked on. I don't know if it will be ready anytime soon, but everything I hear says that they are working on it. It will most likely launch with TDM, Harvester (Conquest), and Jet Ball.

PvP 2017. Mark your calendars. I just hope Jetball isn't quite so "kill the other team then score". Otherwise I liked PvP before they took it out. The pool of players was just a little small and matches were often one-sided.

Also, they should up the percbooste boost from maxed frames. 10% is nice but I think 20 would be much more enticing for new players. The story is only so deep and there are 16 frames to max.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

precedence posted:

PvP 2017. Mark your calendars. I just hope Jetball isn't quite so "kill the other team then score". Otherwise I liked PvP before they took it out. The pool of players was just a little small and matches were often one-sided.

Also, they should up the percbooste boost from maxed frames. 10% is nice but I think 20 would be much more enticing for new players. The story is only so deep and there are 16 frames to max.

Haha, there's actually an exploit with Broken Peninsula right now that I discovered that can let you level from 1-40 in about an hour or so. I've already notified Red 5 of the issue, however some other people independently discovered the bug and are exploiting the poo poo out of it.

Anyways, the Wintertide event starts tomorrow. It's a pretty cool event, but the best part is that there is a FFA thunderdome style event where you attack people with scan hammers and snowballs. I don't think Red 5 realized that the female bandit disguise you get in one of the ARES Jobs in Shanty Town has no hitbox, so prepare to cheese your way to loving victory!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I just installed SSDs in my PCs so I need to reinstall the PTS. After that I'll invite you again, Nalin.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Goon Transit v1.11 update!
code:
Version 1.11
- Switched to unicode library.
- Added the zone id and difficulty ids to the Zone Explorer.
- Clicking an entry in the Zone Explorer will lock the background color, signifying that it has been "selected".
- Added custom keybind support for opening up the Arcporter menu and Zone Explorer.
I added custom keybind support so you can bind the opening of the arcporter or Zone Explorer to a button on your keyboard.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Inimicul posted:

I just installed SSDs in my PCs so I need to reinstall the PTS. After that I'll invite you again, Nalin.

Looks like you're already in an army, Nalin. It won't let me toss you an invite until you're single.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Inimicul posted:

Looks like you're already in an army, Nalin. It won't let me toss you an invite until you're single.

It took me a while, but I figured out how to do it. I disbanded the army.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So do I have to buy one of those elf games every day for the daily or is there another way to do it? Also is the hit vendor with snowball achievement still broken everywhere or is it just me?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Morglon posted:

So do I have to buy one of those elf games every day for the daily or is there another way to do it? Also is the hit vendor with snowball achievement still broken everywhere or is it just me?

It is broken. And yes, you will have to buy an elf game if you don't want to fight players in a snowball fight dome. The snowball fight domes are all over the place, and actually have two hidden achievements that give titles associated with them. The easiest one to get to is probably to the east of Copacabana near the landing pads. There is also one outside of Dredge to the west, and one near that POI north of Dredge (I forget the name). I don't think I've run into any in Devil's Tusk yet as I haven't had much time to play this week.

BTW, here are the hidden achievements that give titles:

Highway to the Danger Zone (title: Maverick) - In a snowball fight, survive for 5 minutes with one hit left before getting knocked out (you have to be knocked out to get this, don't leave the zone).
8th and Final Rule (title: I am the one who knocks) - In a snowball fight, knock out another player with a kick (kicking is the scan hammer alt-fire. You have two weapons in a snowball fight: snowballs (alt-fire is throw 3 snowballs), and scanhammer (alt-fire is kick))
You're going on the naughty list (title: On the naughty list) - Hit Father Wintertide with a snowball (can be tricky to register the hit).
Toasty! (title: Marshmallow) - Stand by a Wintertide log for 8 minutes. The logs last for a random amount of time, and you can do this with a single log, but you have better chances with two.
A Box-Shaped Dev (title: Beat boxer) - Scan hammer a dev that has polymorphed into a present box. Good luck with this one. Maybe try attending the community events.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Morglon posted:

Also is the hit vendor with snowball achievement still broken everywhere or is it just me?

The reason for this is actually hilarious and resembles the issue with the Female Bandit Disguise. It has no hitbox to register projectiles from players. lol
I haven't been arsed to search around but maybe Sertao or Devil's Tusk has a male vendor, or one that at least uses a different 'frame'.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The main problem with the PvP thing is that the European servers are completely dead except for a few Russians running around. And because Boing no longer works I'm completely hosed on that. Ah well.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Morglon posted:

The main problem with the PvP thing is that the European servers are completely dead except for a few Russians running around. And because Boing no longer works I'm completely hosed on that. Ah well.

sounds like a good reason to come to land of the free. :fsmug:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

precedence posted:

sounds like a good reason to come to land of the free. :fsmug:

Switzerland?

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Protip for Wintertide: If you're having trouble getting another player to knock out at the snowball dome then you can knock yourself out! Just find a handy dandy rock and throw a snowball at it. You can aim it to bounce off the rock and knock yourself out, which gives you credit for 'knocking a player or elf unconscious'.

I recently got my 2nd battleframe up to level 40. I'm looking to gear it up properly so I can start being useful in BP/DT. I found the following 'guide' online. Should I just be running missions at these locations for vouchers to get the applicable items? Warning: It breaks tables.

Does anyone know of a more efficient way to gear up? I have about 10k credits available, so I could probably buy a decent outfitting for one or both frames to start farming, but I didn't know if there is a better way I should think about getting gear before just throwing credits and time at a random image from the internet.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
You can get yourself almost fully outfit in blue gear with job board vouchers in Devil's Tusk. Fill with level 40 green modules and you will be in the lower 900's for PR and be able to play all the end game content without issue.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I've leveled to 40 on multiple frames with random 20 something blue or purple gear I found or got cheap no problem. All I'm saying is don't sweat it unless you want to do hard modes.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 25, 2014

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Hey guys, I hope you've been logging in 5 minutes each day to do the Wintertide dailies. 3 minutes at Santa, then killing yourself with snowballs in an arena is all that is required. You just need to do the dailies 9 times to get all the special gifts. Day 7 is a special pet and day 9 is a cosmetic "wing". You can see the full list of daily rewards here.

Also, Red 5 has been teasing their upcoming zone, the Amazon Warfront. It is a full zone about the size of Devil's Tusk and it plays different from all the other zones. While Coral Forest, Sertao, and Devil's Tusk are so called "progression zones", Amazon Warfront is, well, a whole zone PvE gametype. Think a beefed up Broken Peninsula except PvE, with players fighting Chosen. There are whole new gameplay mechanics with the zone, new boss enemies, and all the enemies are set to level 45. The whole zone has to work together to fight off the Chosen. You will have to do Skydock-type zone events to power repulsors to expand the zone, while the Chosen can also reclaim their lost territory. Dropships will zoom down from the sky and para-drop Chosen on you. Special boss Siegebreakers and Juggernauts will attack. There will be cloaked Chosen ambushes, roadblocks, convoys you have to defend, etc.

FadedPez and Kream did a Twitch stream showing off some of the new things. They talked a bit about the zone and used dev hacks to fly around, but if you only want to see some of the new stuff, here are some time marks: 17 minutes in they show some new walking turrets, 20 minutes in they show the new Siegebreakers, 22 minutes in they show the new Juggernauts, and enemies finally start spawning in the zone at 40 minutes in. At 47 minutes in, Pez tries to polymorph into a Titan and his game crashes. :v:

This will all go on the PTS sometime in January, so expect to see it in-game late January or February.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
That sounds pretty cool. Might be time to start making room for a reinstall...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm gonna need some help with the remaining achievements. The ones you can do on your own I managed to do just fine and while I have been able to find some people to fight in the arena they all loving bolt as soon as they take a hit or two, wait for their status to reset outside and then come back in for no reason I've been able to figure out.

Edit: Knocking yourself out doesn't work anymore so I'm glad I got done with that but welp.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 30, 2014

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Man, I forgot how rough the game was without addons.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone please accept MrTroika's application? He's me :v

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still not sure how to feel about this game. It's really repetitive and the early levels kinda suck because the area is dead and nobody does the group events like melding bubbles or the spaceport, and the mechanics (particularly power rating being very dependent on modules) are often not intuitive or obvious, but despite all that it's still kind of fun to hop on and just fart around shooting poo poo for an hour or two. And gliding and motorcycling and jetpacking is just really fun.

I've been clean of Warframe for months, I should not be getting into this game :(.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've hit 20 on a firecat, and I'm enjoying the heck outta this so far. The AoE-centric playstyle of the firecat makes PVE a snap.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

-Troika- posted:

I've hit 20 on a firecat, and I'm enjoying the heck outta this so far. The AoE-centric playstyle of the firecat makes PVE a snap.

If you like AoE, try Recluse. Its an AoE God that shits poison and heals itself.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Nalin posted:

If you like AoE, try Recluse. Its an AoE God that shits poison and heals itself.

He's lying. Firecat is the master race. But it's not great at single target damage for raids.

Edit: actually it does, but firecat is still more fun.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Assault frames just plain aren't as good as they should be because all of their primary weapons suffer from small magazine sizes and overall low ammo count. They are also all far less universally useful than they should be.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
On the other hand, afterburner :getin:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The ammo hasn't really been a big deal for me, I just craft big stacks of ammo packs and use them on the infrequent occasions when I run out of ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've been leveling my assault on the alt account and haven't had a problem with ammo either. Granted, I'm not using it to thump. I'm sure it'd be a different story there. When just farting around and running job boards I'm never far from an ammo pad.

• Locked thread