Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Cataphract posted:

I don't own IA4 but stonecrusher carnifices get mentioned a lot. What makes em good. What do they do that regular carns can't?

AP2 on their Hammer of Wrath hits and -1 Str for shooting attacks that target them are the two main things. They're a bit more expensive than a normal 'Fex and have fewer base attacks, but by and large I think they're superior.

BULBASAUR posted:

Heya, could I get some proper goon feedback on my 30K in 40K 'TAC' list?

*deletia*

I definitely agree with you on the Rhino squad- it's not really doing anything for you at all. The Chaplain feels a bit overbuilt- I'm not really sure what his actual plan is. Honestly, I'd just leave him more stock-standard and save points for elsewhere. I would try and find room to make a second blob or Marines with Apothecary if at all possible- even "just" fifteen bodies can be a lot. You definitely want Lascannons on those Sicarans; there's really no excuse for Heavy Bolters on a loyalist one. Darkfire is probably an inferior choice on the Castelax (it can't penetrate anything AV12 or higher)- go with Multimelta or Mauler instead. I think overall the list suffers what a lot of 30K lists struggle with, namely finding a coherent theme, but that would require probably rebuilding the army from scratch, so I'd say it's fine as is.

Lord Twisted posted:

I've asked this before but it was months ago - whats the recommended composition for a iyanden wraith army these days at around 1500?

Iyanden is actually a surprisingly dick move kinda army due to a couple factors, but there's ways to mitigate that if you want. The basic setup would be 1-2 Spiritseers, 3-4 units of Wraithguard in Wave Serpents, and 1-2 Wraithlord/Wraithknight as support. The "good" version probably runs all of the Wraithguard with basic guns, Serpents with Scatter Lasers, and the Wraithknight stock as well- it can crush a lot of armies pretty hard just based on the raw strength of its units. If you wanted to weaken it so you get fewer evil looks, running some other weapon on the Serpents (Bright Lance, etc) helps tone it down a lot and can give you an excuse to mix in some D-Scythes on the troop units. Similarly, Telepathy is the "right" choice for the psykers, but Runes of Battle is more thematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AbusePuppy posted:

AP2 on their Hammer of Wrath hits and -1 Str for shooting attacks that target them are the two main things. They're a bit more expensive than a normal 'Fex and have fewer base attacks, but by and large I think they're superior.

The wrecker ball gives them insta-death and *usually* more attacks for only 15 more points. Since more of there power (and the power of normal carnifex) comes from the charge, you usually want to screen them with gargoyles.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Crossposted from the Oath thread. I made a thing!

Zark the Damned posted:

Shankfist, the Eversork. Semi Jurnal'd with the gory stabber. Converted from Snikrot, 'Counts As' an Eversor Assassin.

Not sure if he'll ever get used in game, but it's nice to have the option. Don't know if I'll convert some more and complete the set though :orks101:

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Zark the Damned posted:

Crossposted from the Oath thread. I made a thing!

Not sure if he'll ever get used in game, but it's nice to have the option. Don't know if I'll convert some more and complete the set though :orks101:

That's fantastic. Great job!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Eversor Assassins are cool and good and you should always use them. Definitely my favorite type of assassin.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Rolling some dice to remember weapon profiles is different from playing a full game and acting like it's a useful method for determining competitive viability, though.

The game doesn't have hidden information like Magic or whatever. You can totally play yourself and try to play a perfect game from both sides. A friend of mine does this a lot when he can't make it to the store and because of it he got 3-4 games against a list he was getting wrecked by locally and was able to turn that experience into a win at a tourney we were prepping for.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Cheers for the iyanden tips. I figured there's a risk of dumping too many points in stuff like wraithlords and wraith Knight and not taking the core units.

Only risk I can see are horde armies as you just don't seem to have the shots...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Naramyth posted:

The game doesn't have hidden information like Magic or whatever. You can totally play yourself and try to play a perfect game from both sides. A friend of mine does this a lot when he can't make it to the store and because of it he got 3-4 games against a list he was getting wrecked by locally and was able to turn that experience into a win at a tourney we were prepping for.

Yeah one of my mates plays against himself. Seems like a good way to familiarise yourself with the rules and try out new units.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Just signed up to participate in our local GT for the third year. I have two months to get a pro-tier 1850pt list together (with restrictions found here, test it, and paint any models I don't already have painted. I'm considering just sticking with a somewhat modified version of the air-superiority list but with the advent of Tyrannocytes I might play around.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I was exceptionally lucky and managed to pick up my first Thunderfire in metal from ebay at the same price as the FC rrp. It had already been assembled by some poor sap who managed to get the barrel to align properly. When I broke it down to strip I made sure I left the barrel in one piece.

I'm in the same boat. Got a metal one already assembled somehow.

If there is one model I would rather have in FC than in metal for SURE it would be the Thunderfire. I am sure it will come out in plastic eventually...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
When it's been a while between games I sometimes think about playing against myself, but that's gonna be like an hour and a half to set everything up then however long the game itself would take. I'd rather just play a few rounds of Dawn of War or paint something. That being said, it's been like a month since I've played with tiny plastic spacemen and it's bumming me out.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

Just signed up to participate in our local GT for the third year. I have two months to get a pro-tier 1850pt list together (with restrictions found here, test it, and paint any models I don't already have painted. I'm considering just sticking with a somewhat modified version of the air-superiority list but with the advent of Tyrannocytes I might play around.

Nid air is still super strong. Go wreck face.

Some clarifications that someone should ask the TOs: Can you bring a faction book detachment (BA/SW/GK/Ork/DE/Nids) as well as a Combined Arms Detachment? Is Adamantium Lance formation allowed since you can't bring 3 knights in a knight detachment? Are they otherwise using the ITC FAQ?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Naramyth posted:

Nid air is still super strong. Go wreck face.

Some clarifications that someone should ask the TOs: Can you bring a faction book detachment (BA/SW/GK/Ork/DE/Nids) as well as a Combined Arms Detachment? Is Adamantium Lance formation allowed since you can't bring 3 knights in a knight detachment? Are they otherwise using the ITC FAQ?

Good points. There's a lot of love for Knights in the local meta (what a surprise) so I'm sure we'll see 5-Knight lists. I can ask though.

Here's a preliminary shot using the default codex and Skyblight:

Combined Arms Detachment (Primary)
HQ:
Hive Tyrant 230pts
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings
Hive Tyrant 230pts
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings

Elites:
Zoanthrope 50pts
Zoanthrope 50pts
Venomthrope 45pts

Troops:
10x Termagant 40pts
10x Termagant 40pts

Allied Detachment:
HQ:
Hive Tyrant 230pts
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings

Elites:
Zoanthrope 50pts

Troops:
10x Termagant 40pts

Skyblight Swarm
Hive Tyrant 230pts
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings
Hive Crone 155pts
Harpy 140pts
++Twin-Linked Venom Cannon
Harpy 140pts
10x Gargoyle 60pts
10x Gargoyle 60pts
10x Gargoyle 60pts

1850pts on the nose, four Flyrants and 14 ML dice base. I could use the Leviathan codex to get the third Flyrant into my main FOC and skip the 40pt Troop tax, but that would require me buying the book and that's a lot of money considering I would need to pick up another Flyrant model with this list to begin with.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

PierreTheMime posted:

Good points. There's a lot of love for Knights in the local meta (what a surprise) so I'm sure we'll see 5-Knight lists. I can ask though.

Allied Detachment:

Skyblight Swarm

If I'm reading the rules right, it said:

quote:

Battleforged Armies allowing up to 2 of the following:
0 – 1 Combined Arms Detachment
0 – 1 Formation
0 – 1 Ally Detachment

And you have three of them.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

thegodofchuck posted:

If I'm reading the rules right, it said:

And you have three of them.

gently caress I'm going to have to buy Leviathan aren't I. :negative:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

gently caress I'm going to have to buy Leviathan aren't I. :negative:

:getin:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

The eBook shows on sale on the GW website for $59.99, but Black Library shows it for $44.99. Is this a sale or an editor's mistake in my favor?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

*snip*

1850pts on the nose, four Flyrants and 14 ML dice base. I could use the Leviathan codex to get the third Flyrant into my main FOC and skip the 40pt Troop tax, but that would require me buying the book and that's a lot of money considering I would need to pick up another Flyrant model with this list to begin with.

I know the list is dead 'ard and everything, but it still somehow makes me sad.

EDIT: Though with leviathan you get shrouded 3 wound mines for 15 points to put into your troop slots. Should let you take a couple haywire templates on your flyrants.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 22, 2014

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

LordAba posted:

I know the list is dead 'ard and everything, but it still somehow makes me sad.

Sad because it squeezes all the fun and narrative-forging out of the list or sad because I'm fielding Tyranid in general?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Sad because it squeezes all the fun and narrative-forging out of the list or sad because I'm fielding Tyranid in general?

The first one. :P
Though honestly our group still plays very 4 / 5 edition, so we don't have the crazy lists. Hell, I don't think any of us own knights!

EDIT: It could be because I'm assembling what feels like 100 hormagants right now.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Revised "Just loving kill me now" Tyranid list:

HQ:
Hive Tyrant 255pts
++Electroshock Grubs
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings
Hive Tyrant 255pts
++Electroshock Grubs
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings
Hive Tyrant 230pts
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings

Elites:
Zoanthrope 50pts
Zoanthrope 50pts
Venomthrope 45pts

Troops:
Mucolid 15pts
Mucolid 15pts

Heavy Support:
2x Biovore 80pts

Skyblight Swarm
Hive Tyrant 230pts
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Twin-linked Devourer
++Wings
Hive Crone 155pts
Harpy 140pts
Harpy 140pts
10x Gargoyle 60pts
10x Gargoyle 60pts
10x Gargoyle 60pts

1840pts, 12 ML dice, two Flyrants with Electroshock (I can't bring myself to spend 100pts to give it to all four), and two Biovores added with the Troops savings!

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Lord Twisted posted:

Cheers for the iyanden tips. I figured there's a risk of dumping too many points in stuff like wraithlords and wraith Knight and not taking the core units.

Only risk I can see are horde armies as you just don't seem to have the shots...

Scatter serpents have the shots. :v:

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Lord Twisted posted:

Disclaimer, although I own it, I've not played 7th, and the 'standard' game size here is 2k points.
You'll want a Crimson Hunter- it's practically the Only Eldar Anti-Air; with Vector Dancer you're not going to have to put it back in reserve once it comes in and can point it at what you want to shoot, and even shooting at ground targets, you get 4 Str8 Ap2 shots (2 of which are lances).

Jetbikes !

Personally, I run squad of 5 for a troops choice, with another 4 Shining Spears (with Exarch), joined by an Autark on Bike- the Exarch gives the unit Hit and Run- and the speed you can redeploy is useful for objectives (and maelstrom mission, I've heard).

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

So? It's just as interesting as any other battle report

It didn't take me too long to realize, what with the army builds and writing style being so similar.

When you realize he's the kind of sperg that will take allies just to get as many gamey units into a list as possible it makes perfect sense. No one wants to play against him. It's not even 40k anymore, it's more like he's bashing his toys together and yelling, "Pow, pow, I got you!"

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

When you realize he's the kind of sperg that will take allies just to get as many gamey units into a list as possible it makes perfect sense. No one wants to play against him. It's not even 40k anymore, it's more like he's bashing his toys together and yelling, "Pow, pow, I got you!"

I, also, hate it when other people do things that I personally don't enjoy. It basically is the same as being a Hitler made of thousands of other, smaller Hitlers.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that is definitely what he was saying, yes.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Renfield posted:

You'll want a Crimson Hunter- it's practically the Only Eldar Anti-Air; with Vector Dancer you're not going to have to put it back in reserve once it comes in and can point it at what you want to shoot, and even shooting at ground targets, you get 4 Str8 Ap2 shots (2 of which are lances).

It's also a pretty great idea to upgrade it to an exarch. BS5 is a solid bonus on its own, but even better is the ability to drop S8 AP2 precision shots.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
That's the little asian guy from Frontline, right? He always seemed the most genuinely enthusiastic guy at that shop. Like a little powergamey aspie who's done inverse differential equations in his head and knows that his spec will beat your spec, but has that gambler's twitch when it comes to watching dice results.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I played against an Eldar list on Thursday that I believe is going to place very highly at Adepticon.

He ran four wave serpents. I don't recall exactly what was in each one, but pretty basic troops I think. He then ran a Lynx, which is a super heavy with two strength D large blasts a turn, and also a scatter laser to twin link the D blasts. It has six hull points and gets to ignore hits on a 4+. This is done before armor pen, so it also gets a save on top of that (and is a fast skimmer, so it can jink.) He also ran a large squad of some characters on jet bikes that all run together, but still generate their own warp charges. He then topped it off with a void shield generator.

His bike squad was equipped with some war gear. One that let him reduce the warp charge cost for a power, another that lets him ignore a wound from perils.

So he was summoning demons like a mad man, and could basically ignore all of the negative side effects that non-chaos armies usually have. With his large mobility, he was able to keep his distance easily.

The other benefit that most summon lists don't have is that with the lynx and wave serpents, he had a lot of firepower.

By the end of the game he had eight heralds of tzeench on the table, plus many other demon squads. Plus, the lynx happened to get a skyfire nexus, so it was deleting a hive tyrant per turn.

I've seen him play several other tournament quality lists and it has just completely dominated every game.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Played an apoc game on saturday and would like suggestions on something special to do with my MVP model beyond "better paintjob." The little guy charged and popped a rhino, got charged by the marines inside and then proceeded to never take a wound from them, just repeatedly winning combats and catching them every time they ran. The beastliest of Tau.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Model him with Catachan arms to represent his close combat beefiness.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Master Twig posted:

I played against an Eldar list on Thursday that I believe is going to place very highly at Adepticon.

He ran four wave serpents. I don't recall exactly what was in each one, but pretty basic troops I think. He then ran a Lynx, which is a super heavy with two strength D large blasts a turn, and also a scatter laser to twin link the D blasts. It has six hull points and gets to ignore hits on a 4+. This is done before armor pen, so it also gets a save on top of that (and is a fast skimmer, so it can jink.) He also ran a large squad of some characters on jet bikes that all run together, but still generate their own warp charges. He then topped it off with a void shield generator.

His bike squad was equipped with some war gear. One that let him reduce the warp charge cost for a power, another that lets him ignore a wound from perils.

So he was summoning demons like a mad man, and could basically ignore all of the negative side effects that non-chaos armies usually have. With his large mobility, he was able to keep his distance easily.

The other benefit that most summon lists don't have is that with the lynx and wave serpents, he had a lot of firepower.

By the end of the game he had eight heralds of tzeench on the table, plus many other demon squads. Plus, the lynx happened to get a skyfire nexus, so it was deleting a hive tyrant per turn.

I've seen him play several other tournament quality lists and it has just completely dominated every game.

Probably Dire Avengers in the rides (5 man squads). The Lynx is broken as gently caress and should not be allowed because of ranged D blasts and eldar holofields. The bike squad was seer council on bikes, with the probably 2 farseers having Ghost Helms which let you burn a warp charge to not peril. I'm not sure what piece of eldar janky bullshit lets you reduce the cost of a power, but I'm sure it exists. :v:

And voidshield generators are bullshit. I'd totally play that list except xeno scum. :v:

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

Master Twig posted:

This is done before armor pen, so it also gets a save on top of that (and is a fast skimmer, so it can jink.)
I think the big rulebook says superheavies can never jink, regardless of their unit type.

Still sounds very strong.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Master Twig posted:

Lynx is actually a pretty balanced Super Heavy at AV 11. The titan holo-fields are a headache but weight of fire will remove a 430 point unit in a turn. A comparable Eldar list with 2 Wraithknights is going to give him trouble. Wave Serpents focusing on the Lynx are going to bring it down in a turn or two. That said, the Lynx can't jink but can still take a cover save and it is very low to the ground.

I've never faced a Seer Council, but I suspect he'll get hosed up in a tournament situation the moment an Imperial player brings a Culexus.

Boon fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 22, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
How does the FW stuff interact with Farsight Enclaves? It's one or the other, right?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Interesting chat about playing games against yourself. This is something chess masters do, right? So...it's not too crazy, I think. Great story about practicing against a tournament list! I may have to do the same thing to learn some of the rules of using Dark Eldar Khymera against MEQ for an upcoming Apoc game at Warhammer World.

I've been working on them all day, converting old and new Vampire Counts Dire Wolves:

You can't see the tentacle things on the backs that great in this picture

I've also been converting loads of Rackham models into Grotesques, thanks to suggestions from Justin on Ghost Hand's podcast:

The original model (actually pretty nice models, each set of legs and arms are different, with many heads to choose from)

Cut off one weapon and laying out how the models will be assembled

Adding the neck and back muscle-things

modifying half of the models to put them in a running pose

Using Instant Mold to make an extra hand and couple of helmets, the Talos model I got from the TG Secret Santa was great for all the bitz

The models that have a changed pose - the 2 on the left are still standing but are much taller than the unchanged models.

The one with its leg on the block of Instant Mold will have one leg on a pile of skinned corpses. The corpse is made on an armature of paper clip wire and I'll cast it in resin so I can re-use it on DE Raiders and Chaos models.

That makes 9 Grotesques, and for 5 of them I'll need to make some sort of kilt/loincloth thing for the rear because they are werewolves or something so I've chopped off much of the tails and I want to cover them up. I have a couple of WHFB Rat Ogres coming this week that will be converted as well.

This has been a great way to learn how to use Green Stuff, I don't usually use it very much and these are the first big conversions I've done on any models using it.

SRM posted:

tiny plastic spacemen

Hey, nice shout-out for my painting blog! (tinyplasticspacemen.com) :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 22, 2014

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Couple things here- one, Superheavy vehicles can't Jink, even if they're skimmers. So the Lynx, while putting out two Str D pie plates per turn, is basically just looking at a generic 4+ from Titan Holofields unless you get really lucky with terrain pieces being placed just so. And, as Boon notes, it's only AV11 so it's actually surprisingly easy to bring down. In a battle of three Wave Serpents versus the Lynx, I'd bet on the Serpents every time. Even for armies that aren't stupidly broken, the Lynx isn't that hard to deal with- it's got a strong gun, but if you can't kill an AV11 4++ vehicle your army probably isn't very good.

The gear that reduces Warp Charge is the Spirit Stone of Anlathan- however, it has a downside, namely that when you make use of its ability it removes your invulnerable save for a turn. While you can potentially hide in a squad or rely on cover saves, both of these have weaknesses of their own, so it item isn't without its risks. Also, the squad he was hanging out with (Warlocks with Jetbikes) is actually very expensive and has lost most of its popularity, since you're typically sinking 400-800pts into a unit of T4/3+ models. Hardly a pushover unit, to be certain, but it's easy to forget that if you shoot it with Boltguns and whatnot it will sort of just fall over.

Naramyth posted:

And voidshield generators are bullshit. I'd totally play that list except xeno scum. :v:

Meh. The Void Shield is a neat gimmick, but it's not actually all that strong. Really, all it does is give you a bit of defense when going second, which honestly isn't a bad thing to see. The game is tilted enough towards alpha strikes that it's good to have at least some sort of mitigator.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

How does the FW stuff interact with Farsight Enclaves? It's one or the other, right?

It depends. The R'varna at least was ruled in an email by FW to not be available to Farsight Enclaves- however, I think you can make a strong argument that most of is legit, because it would be strange to think that FSE doesn't get any Barracudas, Tetras, or other bog-standard Tau units that have been around for some time now. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say none of the "experimental" stuff but most of the rest.

Boon posted:

I've never faced a Seer Council, but I suspect he'll get hosed up in a tournament situation the moment an Imperial player brings a Culexus.

Or if he ever just fails to roll Fortune + Invisibility, or gets bogged down in combat with a blob of Guardsmen, or fights some Knights, or any of a number of other things. Seer Council has a lot of weaknesses these days.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

AbusePuppy posted:

Meh. The Void Shield is a neat gimmick, but it's not actually all that strong. Really, all it does is give you a bit of defense when going second, which honestly isn't a bad thing to see. The game is tilted enough towards alpha strikes that it's good to have at least some sort of mitigator.

It's the stacking on top of, say Adamantium Lance that bothers me. Also being able to string out a block of guardsmen or whatever and have them be protected way past the 12" bubble.

AbusePuppy posted:

Or if he ever just fails to roll Fortune + Invisibility, or gets bogged down in combat with a blob of Guardsmen, or fights some Knights, or any of a number of other things. Seer Council has a lot of weaknesses these days.

This. Now that casting has got a lot more unreliable I really don't like relying on the wizard phase to keep my game alive.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Naramyth posted:

It's the stacking on top of, say Adamantium Lance that bothers me. Also being able to string out a block of guardsmen or whatever and have them be protected way past the 12" bubble.

It does make the Knights really hard to hurt turn 1, but the VSG can't move so they have to basically stay in their deployment zone to make use of it. And 1200pts to get three pie plates per turn is... not exactly impressive. That makes a Monolith look cheap and efficient by comparison.

As far as the Guardsmen things goes, only MODELS (not units) at least partially within the 12" bubble are protected. No shenanigans there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

AbusePuppy posted:

I think the game would be better if the range on guns was lower. Perhaps make close range firepower more deadly. If fewer guns could hit the other side of the table turn 1 it may reduce the alpha-strike problem and would do more to make terrain useful.

• Locked thread