Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Just bought this for the best man at my wedding.

Available here: http://futurezine.storenvy.com/products/10507797-son-of-a-bitch-patch

:eyepop:

Ordered 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Metanaut posted:

Ordered 3.

Ditto. Probably won't get before Xmas though unfortunately.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rumda posted:

Its an awful game and doesn't deserve to be even a tenth as popular as it is.

Thanks for answering my question!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Metanaut posted:

Ordered 3.

I must not get the joke. Why does everyone love these patches?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

strangemusic posted:

I must not get the joke. Why does everyone love these patches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItzslynRhwg

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

now I need one or 10

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

cover your flesh... cover your flesh!

Rumda posted:

No matter what you do if CAH is involved then your doing it wrong.

Translated as either "I have no friends" or "I have boring friends" depending on dialect.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

I got my puppy a sweater :3:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Holy Dread! posted:

Translated as either "I have no friends" or "I have boring friends" depending on dialect.

It's pretty fun when you're drunk, but poo poo does it get old fast. I think I play it twice a year, and even that is a bit much.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I play a few times a year as well and it's still pretty fun, especially with new people.
I like the Crabs Adjust Humidity 3rd party expansions better at this point.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Dec 22, 2014

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DirtyFalcon posted:

I play a few times a year as well and it's still pretty fun, especially with new people.
I like the Crabs Adjust Humidity 3rd party expansions better at this point.

Those look really PC by comparison, no thanks

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

kannonfodder posted:

It's pretty fun when you're drunk, but poo poo does it get old fast. I think I play it twice a year, and even that is a bit much.

Its fun when your drunk is never a recommendation. Every thing is fun when your drinking with friends

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Rumda posted:

Its fun when your drunk is never a recommendation. Every thing is fun when your drinking with friends

Exactly. Like, it's not a terrible game, but there's a lot of better choices out there for drinking games, many of which are good enough to be played sober as well.

But CAH appeals to your inner edgy 13 year old.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

kannonfodder posted:

Exactly. Like, it's not a terrible game, but there's a lot of better choices out there for drinking games, many of which are good enough to be played sober as well.

But CAH appeals to your inner edgy 13 year old.

The Christmas hat drinking game is currently the best one. Hang a Santa hat on the corner of your TV and take a drink every time someone is wearing it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wide screen West Wing season 1 or is it zoomed in?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

CAH is okay but I prefer "Game of Things"

It lets you be creative yourself instead of using cards

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I meant to buy a cookbook for my mother, but ended up buying books for myself.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Got a new TV. Its a Toshiba "58 4K. Upgrading from an 8/year old " 40 Sony Bravia. The difference is staggering. I can't wait til there's more 4K content to see. I got it at Sears for $1100 saled down from $3000. I feel like I got a bargain.

http://m.sears.com/toshiba-tos-58uhd-58l8400u/p-05771896000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=05771896000&kispla=05771896000P

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Groot pop vinyl. We got two of these in at work; I immediately snatched one up, and my coworker nabbed the other one when she started her shift. Sorry, customers :shobon:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Aristophanes posted:

Groot pop vinyl. We got two of these in at work; I immediately snatched one up, and my coworker nabbed the other one when she started her shift. Sorry, customers :shobon:

Good choice, I've got the limited edition loot crate one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've been rereading a lot of David Gemmel and decided I needed my own version of Snaga the Sender.

Not the best pic, but the handle is wire wrapped, and the shaft has this cool crackle effect on it, and the pommel has a chromed spikey look to it.

Not 100% accurate to the books, but for 35$, couldn't say no.

It's my secret santa gift to me! :peanut:

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

I Am Not Spor posted:

Ohhhh you are in for a treat. Both of these are just excellent. :frogc00l:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Spoiler: the sex scenes suck

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
So I've had this dream guitar forever - a Gretsch Silver Falcon. Notable for two things: one - of Gretsch's top of the line instruments, maybe 3 of them have silver hardware. I'm a gold hardware hater from WAY back. Brass is tolerable, but it's not silver. And two - in the 7-8 years I have been coveting this guitar, I have never seen it in stock anywhere. Even out of the big online music retailers (Musician's Friends, Zzounds and Guitar Center), I think only MF even stocks it. It's difficult to find, is what I'm saying.

So a couple of months ago, my local Ken Stanton hired a new guy in the guitar department who is a Rockabilly. Since I rocked a pompadour for many years, we hit it off well and he mentioned that his main baby is a Gretsch also. So of course when it came time to order Gretsches, he made sure to not get the same ones you can find every freakin where. I wandered in and saw the holy grail hanging on the wall. Played it and fell in love. I have been working as a contractor this year, and getting paid every two weeks it turns out that December is a 3 paycheck month this year. So after 8 years, I am now the proud owner of this beauty:

Info from Gretsch's site for the guitar nerds among you:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2401401824

For the record, like most things - the MSRP is WAAAAAAAAY more than the actual street price. I didn't pay even CLOSE to $4800.

$2800

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

I got a Wii U for graduating college and the game was only five bucks. Haven't gotten to play it because I was trying out Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which I didn't really like :(

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Husqvarna Viking 690q. This guy sews like a dream and has more features than I know what to do with. Sewing like mad from here on out :neckbeard:

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

tentawesome posted:

Haven't gotten to play it because I was trying out Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which I didn't really like :(

Its pretty much mandatory to play that games with friends. Its really not all that fun otherwise. Playing online is okay too but you need to get at least a bit geared so you can take on the bigger monsters.

I understand however that the game is not fun to learn at all. I nearly never picked it back up after hating it initially but my friends dragged me around for a bit and now I have played it more than they have!

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Aristophanes posted:

Shoulda got the "Dancing Groot" one instead ;)

I Am Not Spor posted:

You are in for a treat Use of Weapons is easily my favourite Culture book...

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Dec 22, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Shoulda got the "Dancing Groot" one instead ;)

You are in for a treat Use of Weapons is easily my favourite Culture book...

Excession, yo.

(Use of Weapons is good too)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

No Egrets posted:

Husqvarna Viking 690q.

I thought this was a joke but no, Husqvarna is making both chainsaws, dirt bikes, and sewing machines named "viking".

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Was in York at the weekend. Bought a bunch of fudge. It's so ridiculously tasty. Last time I bought some I hammered half a kg in two evenings.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I thought this was a joke but no, Husqvarna is making both chainsaws, dirt bikes, and sewing machines named "viking".

Still makes more sense than Yamaha.

A company known for dirt bikes, motorcycles, and...musical instruments?

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's funny to think about, but they've been making sewing machines since the 1870's and are one of the best in the world along with Bernina and Pfaff.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Still makes more sense than Yamaha.

A company known for dirt bikes, motorcycles, and...musical instruments?

Lamborghini makes farm tractors. I mean, sure it's a vehicle, but still. Imagine the disappointment when someone offers to let you drive their Lambo.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Lamborghini makes farm tractors. I mean, sure it's a vehicle, but still. Imagine the disappointment when someone offers to let you drive their Lambo.

They made tractors first.

I bought this:

Because Thad Castle is an American hero.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

88h88 posted:

Was in York at the weekend. Bought a bunch of fudge. It's so ridiculously tasty. Last time I bought some I hammered half a kg in two evenings.

Are those from The Fudge Kitchen? It's so drat good.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

HaB posted:

So I've had this dream guitar forever - a Gretsch Silver Falcon. Notable for two things: one - of Gretsch's top of the line instruments, maybe 3 of them have silver hardware. I'm a gold hardware hater from WAY back. Brass is tolerable, but it's not silver. And two - in the 7-8 years I have been coveting this guitar, I have never seen it in stock anywhere. Even out of the big online music retailers (Musician's Friends, Zzounds and Guitar Center), I think only MF even stocks it. It's difficult to find, is what I'm saying.

So a couple of months ago, my local Ken Stanton hired a new guy in the guitar department who is a Rockabilly. Since I rocked a pompadour for many years, we hit it off well and he mentioned that his main baby is a Gretsch also. So of course when it came time to order Gretsches, he made sure to not get the same ones you can find every freakin where. I wandered in and saw the holy grail hanging on the wall. Played it and fell in love. I have been working as a contractor this year, and getting paid every two weeks it turns out that December is a 3 paycheck month this year. So after 8 years, I am now the proud owner of this beauty:

Info from Gretsch's site for the guitar nerds among you:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2401401824

For the record, like most things - the MSRP is WAAAAAAAAY more than the actual street price. I didn't pay even CLOSE to $4800.

$2800
Congrats on the dream guitar, that is beautiful!

My dream guitar, and I could not tell you particularly why, is a Silverburst Les Paul Custom: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Silverburst.aspx

Recently I had the chance to buy a Silverburst Les Paul Studio, but went with another guitar which was about half the price, but still a very solid guitar: The PRS SE245. http://www.prsguitars.com/se245/

God drat, I love the fret inlays.

Also one of these days I'm going to get drunk and order the EVH Striped Series guitar and the EVH Phaser pedal, and only use it to play Van Halen stuff. I fear for the day when I have enough disposable income and scotch.

SgtScruffy has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Dec 22, 2014

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

linky: https://www.libraryofflowers.com/p/willow-water-eau-de-parufm
Bought my sister some perfume. She intends to use it as a room spray and not as perfume on herself :sigh: At least I know what she wants for christmas. It does smell great.
Also picked up:

Full sized Hanae Mori for me as I broke my rollerball. Also bought a rollerball of Versace yellow diamond to try out, but I think the ball is stuck so no liquid comes out...

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Bobby Digital posted:

I bought this:

Because Thad Castle is an American hero.

I was tho... thad.

I think they got the movie coming out in April right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Right, but when you say Lamborghini, people think supercar, not tractor.