Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Wales and Scotland yeah, but Northern Ireland mandates off-duty carry even!

It appears Ireland Republic does not arm its officers, so my bad on that one.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
To be fair, Scotland, Wales and Ireland are basically England...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Hezzy posted:

Never said it before, but now I think police should be generally higher educated and have have better training :v:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Actually looking at that website shows that 20 police dogs have been killed in a year in the US and that makes me loving angry. Angry enough to get a gun and shoot someone, I won't do that because that would make me as bad as you, but still, it makes me angry.

How to make a job dangerous in the US: spend most of your time in a car.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Hezzy posted:

wotsis

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Hezzy posted:

A map of England (highlighted in green) for you confused goons.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

A map of England (highlighted in green) for you confused goons.

quebec is highlighted???? mods??

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
General Wolfe kicked the cheese eating filth out.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

Jump in one of your free trains and shout that in Glasgow Central station, g'wan.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.
I'm going to a wedding outside of Aberdeen (Banchory) this summer with a bunch of relatives who traditionally get wasted and start massive fist fights with each other. Do Scottish police arrest people for that sort of thing or just laugh and join the brawl?

Also, what are some good Scottish insults to hurl around? I wanna fit in.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pilot to Gunner posted:

I'm going to a wedding outside of Aberdeen (Banchory) this summer with a bunch of relatives who traditionally get wasted and start massive fist fights with each other. Do Scottish police arrest people for that sort of thing or just laugh and join the brawl?

just start telling people to go wisht (pronounced like it looks)

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I just started watching The Tudors and apparently the King of England is also the King of France. Interesting.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Tell them that you're Margaret Thatchers nephew and her finest moment was loving the Scots in the arse. Then tell them that the Scot regiments got amalgamated because Scotland only had enough spine to field one regiment. If you've not been chibbed then something has gone badly wrong.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Tell them that you're Margaret Thatchers nephew and her finest moment was loving the Scots in the arse. Then tell them that the Scot regiments got amalgamated because Scotland only had enough spine to field one regiment. If you've not been chibbed then something has gone badly wrong.

i picture you as Officer Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrsEoQRwlgg

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'd loving kill to go on duty in my Tunic, you get loads of skirt chatting to you. Also I, and most of my colleagues, will sound like him.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Can't speak for Northern police, they'll leave the wedding party alone surely.

Useful insults? Cheuter is a good one for highlanders. Pronounced tuechter.

Don't forget liberal use of the word 'oval office'. It's a classic and a winner.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

chartley posted:

Cheuter... Pronounced tuechter.
:pwn:

'Go wisht' and 'oval office', that I can do.

Tell them that you're Margaret Thatchers nephew and her finest moment was loving the Scots in the arse. Then tell them that the Scot regiments got amalgamated because Scotland only had enough spine to field one regiment.
Don't know what any of that means but I think I want to chib you for it. First I need to google "chib" (it's probably pronounced 'wheet' or something).

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Don't know what any of that means but I think I want to chib you for it. First I need to google "chib" (it's probably pronounced 'wheet' or something).

Good use of chib. It's colloquial for a weapon and It's pronounced as it seems. Cheuter is just a funny one as we say words like loch with the ch different to our English neighbours.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Fo3 posted:

Pick it up and throw it harder, I can't even see where it landed.

First time I heard even NZ cops didn't have guns, though not suprised due to *scary nuclear*.

Lol. Don't believe that.

You should see the arsenal that my brother has, in his gun safe that the cops have the combo to and can come and check any bloody time they want.

Citizens have guns. Cops have guns.

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 22, 2014

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
After the shootings of officers in NY, FL, and MO this weekend, make sure you boys are actually reading your regional and national intel bulletins.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 22, 2014

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Find out if the Groom is Rangers or Celtic, then wear the opposing club's strip. It may sound trivial to Americans but people have died over which club they support. Also if they are Celtic make sure you work the word Fenian in to every sentence and also pretend to play the flute at every opportunity.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Find out if the Groom is Rangers or Celtic, then wear the opposing club's strip. It may sound trivial to Americans but people have died over which club they support. Also if they are Celtic make sure you work the word Fenian in to every sentence and also pretend to play the flute at every opportunity.

I've attended murders caused by some of those actions and far less also.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Untagged posted:

After the shootings of officers in NY, FL, and MO this weekend, make sure you boys are actually reading your regional and national intel bulletins.

Is there any way to get these sent directly to me instead of to my boss? I know they come out like monthly but my boss is so loving lazy about email that he forwarded 2 of them total in 2014.

This must be a soccer thing because I was legit confused why scots would be angry over an american hockey team and an american basketball team.

Branis fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 22, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
double post

Branis fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 22, 2014

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tell them the English are wankers and Scots are so pathetic they were conquored by wankers because they couldn't even find a decent civilization to surrender to.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

The Proc posted:

Tell them the English are wankers and Scots are so pathetic they were conquored by wankers because they couldn't even find a decent civilization to surrender to.

Well technically we bankrupted them and then bought the country and made it sign the act of the union. They tried to start a new colony in South America ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme )and mortgaged Scotland up to the hilt to pay for it. It didn't go well and the English hosed them over by refusing to trade with it and letting the Spanish gently caress with it. They lost so much money that we bought the country for £398,085 which is less than my 2 bed london flat is worth. In my opinion we paid well over the odds. We never really managed to conquer the Scots for a long period of time, every time we did we'd get distracted by France or fighing eachother and Scotland would go feral again.

chartley posted:

I've attended murders caused by some of those actions and far less also.

People who aren't aware of the Old Firm probably think it's about football, but actually it's about religion and politics. Not much football is actually played in the S.P.Hell but the fans will piss on anyone else in Europe.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Poor Shachi needs to take shelter in our echo chamber and get out of D&D's!

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

People who aren't aware of the Old Firm probably think it's about football, but actually it's about religion and politics. Not much football is actually played in the S.P.Hell but the fans will piss on anyone else in Europe.
I can't stand football which makes me particularly negative towards it.

All the pish that goes along with football and the sectarian behaviour in part associated is a massive waste.

Goodness knows how we fix it but progress certainly is being made.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Football is a bag of shite. All the cancelled rest days have been because of it. 95% of the grief I get comes from football related disorder.

I didn't even know what sectarianism was before having to deal with Scots travelling for football.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Thats why hockey is the superior sport on all levels, and in all nations. We do our fighting on the ice, and sometimes we try to burn vancouver down but I feel like that is within acceptable limits.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Dear god I want to see someone start playing an imaginary flute mid-fight, that would be surreal. Anyway it turns out they're not all Scottish- the groom is from Wolverhampton and half of his family is coming up from Birmingham or some poo poo so I can probably cover all the bases by calling everyone cunts and yelling:

The Proc posted:

The English are wankers and Scots are so pathetic they were conquored by wankers because they couldn't even find a decent civilization to surrender to.
:911:

(In reality I will do none of this because getting hit in the head with a glass bottle thrown by someone's Gran would be a terrible way to go)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Pilot to Gunner posted:

(In reality I will do none of this because getting hit in the head with a glass bottle thrown by someone's Gran would be a terrible way to go)

i feel like you're not getting the full Scottish experience if you pass up the opportunity #yolo

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Branis posted:

Thats why hockey is the superior sport on all levels, and in all nations. We do our fighting on the ice, and sometimes we try to burn vancouver down but I feel like that is within acceptable limits.

This.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Sergeant: The correct thing is to say is "Police, come out or we will release the K9", not "We're coming for you, and hell is coming with us."
Oops...

The K9 really is nicknamed Hell.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

:canada: yep

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

I heard Eric Garner was an up-and-coming prospect for Vancouver...

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I heard Eric Garner was an up-and-coming prospect for Vancouver...

does this mean we should burn vancouver or that vancouver sucks? Either way you're askin for a headbutt

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Branis posted:

does this mean we should burn vancouver or that vancouver sucks? Either way you're askin for a headbutt

choke choke chokecouver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Branis posted:

Vancouver spends all their time burning one down already. Torching the city is just a natural extension of their reefer-induced psycho hippie rage.

• Locked thread