Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Say, that is pretty good, I wish you could use QR codes like you can with Miis. I'll see what I can do when I get back from Christmas shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I won't lie, I really want that now. I doubt I can copy it well, though.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I completely overlooked the ability to draw superficial details with lava/different textures. Looks great.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I do wish that custom stages had a bit more visual difference to choose from. Having the same background and colour for all the platforms unless you want to make the most hideous stage possible (and if you do I want to see it) is kind of bland.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I need help.

I won Classic 8.0 with Ganondorf and Captain Falcon using the same setup (Lifesteal, quick smash attacks, tons of defense). I tried the same with both Ike and Mii Brawler (characters I can normally use) but I get nowhere with them, at best I reach Master Fortress with Ike and lose on the second core.

Any tips or other setups or anything? I just want the drat CD from the challenge.

EDIT: I did it finally with Ike. Somehow. I'm bad at fighting Ike, I need to correct this.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 22, 2014

The Mechanical Hand
May 21, 2007

as this blessed evening falls don't forget the alcohol

THE loving MOON posted:

Say, that is pretty good, I wish you could use QR codes like you can with Miis

Why isn't that a thing? That feels like a total no brainer.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The wrecking crew stage is the tomodachi life stage after you stopped keeping up with your island.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I like the 3DS-exclusive stages more than I like the Wii U exclusive ones.

Overall, when I looked at the content both versions had, what was the same and what was exclusive, I can't say the Wii U version is better than the 3DS version either.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

The Mechanical Hand posted:

They're going to be adding stage sharing and posting in a future update, so I guess they felt like they didn't need it for now.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I was hanging out with 3 friends last night and they decided they wanted to do 4v4 against computers on Palutenas Temple. I warned them against it. What a loving horrible stage. I actually had a pounding headache by the end of it from trying to track my tiny character.

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
Is it possible to bring my custom characters from 3DS to Wii U? I was hooking up my 3DS as an extra controller the other day, but I couldn't seem to find anything about this one way or another.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

PantsBandit posted:

I was hanging out with 3 friends last night and they decided they wanted to do 4v4 against computers on Palutenas Temple. I warned them against it. What a loving horrible stage. I actually had a pounding headache by the end of it from trying to track my tiny character.

That stage is a mess. It also feels like they got lazy towards the end, reusing the custom stage builder assets like the spring. Like, a literal copy and paste.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

Is it possible to bring my custom characters from 3DS to Wii U? I was hooking up my 3DS as an extra controller the other day, but I couldn't seem to find anything about this one way or another.

Yup. On the screen where you sync your 3DS for controller use there's an option to port over customized characters and Miis.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like Palutena Temple, the match becomes a bunch of little fights in separate areas of the stage, especially in a free for all. At least it's unique. My problem with the Wii U stages is that a lot of them are too samey and boring. There aren't many that are flatout bad, but when I go to the level select I usually hover the cursor around for a while because most of the stages just kind of blur together. It doesn't help that most of the returning stages are boring as hell, who wanted more Elden Bridge/Norfair/Lylat Cruise/Mario Kart?

Then there's stages like Pyrosphere and Wily Castle which are both boring AND miserable to play on. I think Skyloft is my favorite new stage just because it does something besides "Battlefield Lite".

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I miss Pirate Ship and Shadow Moses Island :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

It doesn't help that most of the returning stages are boring as hell, who wanted more Elden Bridge/Norfair/Lylat Cruise/Mario Kart?
I unironically enjoy all these stages especially Norfair.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Hahaha I am the worst player ever but for some reason I rule with Sonic. I kind of miss his obnoxious NOW I'LL SHOW YOU voice though. In a perfect world it would be his Sonic Adventure voice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The 3DS stages have good layouts but some have stupid gimmicks, plenty of the Wii U stages are pure trash though. Maybe around half.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

corneria has always been awful and lylat cruise is great except for the ledges. omega lylat cruise is probably worse than any other star fox stage though, except for maybe venom. mario circuit (brawl) is probably the most boring stage in the world and i don't really understand why that one was brought back.

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Hahaha I am the worst player ever but for some reason I rule with Sonic. I kind of miss his obnoxious NOW I'LL SHOW YOU voice though. In a perfect world it would be his Sonic Adventure voice.

fun fact, a couple years ago when they were trying to find a replacement for jason griffith (sonic's voice from shadow to unleashed, also sonic x), ryan drummand (sa1 to heroes) apparently blew away the competition and was all set to return as sonic's voice, then sega sent him the contract and it was basically a joke. thanks, sega. roger craig smith is still a good voice for sonic though.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
seriously when are those gamecube adaptors going to be back in stock

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm glad they nerfed Sonic by taking out his your too slow taunt.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

All the best taunts in this game aren't even taunts.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

palutena has the best taunts

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Zelda's wave taunt is good because it can be a friendly wave hello at the start of the match, or a smug wave goodbye after taking a stock.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Does Yoshi have any weaknesses in this game what so ever. Can someone tell me if Yoshi has any weaknesses in this game?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

A cool drat horse posted:

Does Yoshi have any weaknesses in this game what so ever. Can someone tell me if Yoshi has any weaknesses in this game?

Grabs, defensive play, and speedy characters that excel in ground combat. Yoshi's usually the biggest thread in the air or near ledges and his quicker moves are typically weak whereas his alternate stronger moves have a lot of ending lag.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

It's an oft-overlooked mechanic, but if you can footstool him offstage and out of his double jump, he has no possible way to recover from it.

Other than that, not really. As a stark contrast to the rest of the series, he's pretty strong this time.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

The Mechanical Hand posted:

I'm pretty sure they're planning on implementing a way of sending them to people on your friends list.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm pretty sure they're planning on implementing a way of sending them to people on your friends list.

They are, they're setting it up along with that Miiverse stage. Likewise, I think replays, photos and stages can be sent through Miiverse when they're finished.

Until then, photos are at least saved on the SD card if you're using one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Other than lovely grabs, no.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Scholtz posted:

All the best taunts in this game aren't even taunts.

Samus has a very powerful repeated crouch taunt.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like to use Pikachu's crawl when I want to be friendly with someone since it makes a very cute dook dook dook sound and I fully accept every time I get kicked in the face for it, and resume trying really hard. But sometimes you meet that one stranger in ten who appreciates the True Power of camaraderie

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Smash has just not been kind to Metroid in general. Pirate Ship was okay but the stage flip was awkward to deal with. It's better than Zebes/Brinstar/Norfair being the same loving lame concept.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

RyokoTK posted:

Smash has just not been kind to Metroid in general. Pirate Ship was okay but the stage flip was awkward to deal with. It's better than Zebes/Brinstar/Norfair being the same loving lame concept.

Don't you dare talk that way about Brinstar. Brinstar Depths was the most fun stage in Melee.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
How can anyone not like Brinstar?

E: I'm sure I'm in the minority but Norfair is also p cool.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 23, 2014

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Theta Zero posted:

Brinstar Depths was the most fun stage in Melee.

jfc

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jibo posted:

How can anyone not like Brinstar?

E: I'm sure I'm in the minority but Norfair is also p cool.

Norfair was funny how you could just negate all the stage hazards by just shielding.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Looper posted:

I miss Pirate Ship and Shadow Moses Island :(

I made a not bad pirate ship in the level editor:

The key to copying stages well is to have the Wii / Gamecube / n64 running the stage you want in practice mode on the TV, and then use the editor on the gamepad.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 23, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Here's some videos, smash thread
Feat. No. 1 little mac: http://youtu.be/BCY30kMZo2E

Also some moves being shown: http://youtu.be/7g47t__s9Xc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Don't you dare talk that way about Brinstar. Brinstar Depths was the most fun stage in Melee.

Brinstar Depths owned but Big Blue and Pokefloats owned more. Melee has had the best overall stages, imo

Polo-Rican posted:

I made a not bad pirate ship in the level editor:

The key to copying stages well is to have the Wii / Gamecube / n64 running the stage you want in practice mode on the TV, and then use the editor on the gamepad.

That lava ocean is terrifying. All of my custom stages are variations on dicks and asses and lava balls and cannons launching you in or out of them

• Locked thread