Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

disheveled posted:

Sure. I'm glad that we've changed your mind, since you started throwing around "Kabuki theatre" before Hoke even came up.

Because the entire notion that the entirety of the search was conducted as a public relations exercise for the benefit of the UM fanbase, since according to multiple people ITT this has been a done deal since before they fired Hoke is pure fiction; HTH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because the entire notion that the entirety of the search was conducted as a public relations exercise for the benefit of the UM fanbase, since according to multiple people ITT this has been a done deal since before they fired Hoke is pure fiction; HTH.

I will believe he's the coach when I am screaming like a girl as he's introduced at halftime of a basketball game and not an instant before.

But that being said, you're moving the goalposts here about the rumors being ludicrous.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Feces Starship posted:

I will believe he's the coach when I am screaming like a girl as he's introduced at halftime of a basketball game and not an instant before.

But that being said, you're moving the goalposts here about the rumors being ludicrous.

No I am not? I've said the whole way along that the rumors of "and its been a done deal for weeks!" are silly. I've never wavered on that at all. What I've said in the last page is that I can buy that Michigan reached out to him before firing Hoke. I am not willing to concede without, you know, factual proof that: he told them yes before like this week; that he delivered a list of demands and Michigan has been doing them since then; that the "care for Hoke" drove the time-table that much; that there has been an MOU since at least two weeks ago; and a variety of other bullshit that's been tossed around -- like people claiming to know what he's been texting and to who for over a year; and that the only people who ~KNOW~ ANYTHING are the Michigan reporters, bloggers and fans.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
LOL you do realize that a lot of times, legitimate reporters do know stuff but can't or won't report it for a variety of reasons. Bloggers and bullshit like that aren't bound by the same codes of conduct that the NYT people follow.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BigBoss posted:

LOL you do realize that a lot of times, legitimate reporters do know stuff but can't or won't report it for a variety of reasons. Bloggers and bullshit like that aren't bound by the same codes of conduct that the NYT people follow.

Not about loving sports really.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Personally, my favorite Japanese theater is Noh Theater.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BigBoss posted:

Please tell the practicing journalist how journalism works. :allears:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Alouicious posted:

creepy as all hell

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Please tell the practicing journalist how journalism works. :allears:

Sorry, I don't really keep tabs on you or your life so I don't know what you do for a living. But if you really are a journalist, then I shouldn't have to explain this to you and you shouldn't be getting pissy about unconfirmed sources and hearsay only showing up on blogs or whatever. You're weirdly invested in Harbaugh not coming to Michigan and it's kinda funny to watch you flail around like Yosemite Sam as each new person comes out and says stuff.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's about ethics in sports wordpress blogs

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
They probably have a very soft yes, given the lack of pursuit of any other candidates so far, but Harbaugh is gonna have a dumptruck full of money backed up to his place from a few NFL teams and I bet they'd be willing to beat Michigan's offer.

I would be very happy with a Harbaugh hire, but I won't be holding out any hope until there is a press conference scheduled and he's introduced at halftime during at Crisler.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BigBoss posted:

Sorry, I don't really keep tabs on you or your life so I don't know what you do for a living. But if you really are a journalist, then I shouldn't have to explain this to you and you shouldn't be getting pissy about unconfirmed sources and hearsay only showing up on blogs or whatever. You're weirdly invested in Harbaugh not coming to Michigan and it's kinda funny to watch you flail around like Yosemite Sam as each new person comes out and says stuff.

I am not invested at all. I've also outright said I wouldn't be at all surprised if he came. Try again though!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I mean, you do have the 4th most posts in this thread behind 3 Michigan fans.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I'm not sure what is going to happen at the team meeting today. Probably nothing more than Hackett telling them they have a coach, although I would love to see a video of them singing Happy Birthday to Jim.

JH is going to want to stay focused on SF until the game is over on Sunday, then will run for his life. Halftime of the Illinois game on 12/30 seems to be the consensus as the most likely venue for the official introduction.

Not gonna be much going on between now and then.

We can, however, enjoy watching the NFL pundits get whiplash from trying to convince everyone they knew Harbaugh was going to Michigan all along and how it's a fantastic career move for him.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

I'm not sure what is going to happen at the team meeting today. Probably nothing more than Hackett telling them they have a coach, although I would love to see a video of them singing Happy Birthday to Jim.

JH is going to want to stay focused on SF until the game is over on Sunday, then will run for his life. Halftime of the Illinois game on 12/30 seems to be the consensus as the most likely venue for the official introduction.

This is what I'm hearing too.

Harbaugh is planning on staying in SF until Monday, after some team meetings to wind down the season. Then, Ann Arbor on Tuesday, Crisler on Tuesday night.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 23, 2014

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Alouicious posted:

I'm more of a Hatsune Miku concert kind of guy.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

This is what I'm hearing too. Michigan is also bringing back a version of the 1989 throwbacks at the Illinois game, which ties in nicely to bringing back another throwback.

Harbaugh is planning on staying in SF until Monday, after some team meetings to wind down the season. Then, Ann Arbor on Tuesday, Crisler on Tuesday night.

By the way, I see Andy Moeller is being suggested as a co-OC along with Ty Wheatley. If you know Andy, I can understand why you were so off-the-rails pumped about this long before the rest of us.

Thanks for your contributions.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

By the way, I see Andy Moeller is being suggested as a co-OC along with Ty Wheatley. If you know Andy, I can understand why you were so off-the-rails pumped about this long before the rest of us.

Thanks for your contributions.

Andy's been off-the-rails pumped for months now. Especially after Hackett became the AD.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 23, 2014

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm more of a Hatsune Miku concert kind of guy.

That poo poo gives me hives. Even worse than pictures of bronies camping. *shudders*

Looking forward to the resolution of all this madness, and seeing what next season will bring.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
I HAVE SOURCES

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Has UM released a flock of doves yet?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Listen you'd all understand why there hasn't been official word yet if you knew how long it takes to lay a 2000 mile path of olive branches from Santa Clara to Ann Arbour. Plus the donkey needs to be rested regularly.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Better he ride a donkey than walk here like the last coach

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Raku posted:

Listen you'd all understand why there hasn't been official word yet if you knew how long it takes to lay a 2000 mile path of olive branches from Santa Clara to Ann Arbour. Plus the donkey needs to be rested regularly.

They should get a better S/C program

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

LeeMajors posted:

Has UM released a flock of doves yet?

Randy Orton to be the head coach, instead. SWERVE.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Randy Orton to be the head coach, instead. SWERVE.

Ohio State is about to enter the Big House. Suddenly the sound of glass shattering is heard over the PA.

"Bah God, that's Stone Cold's music!"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I can confirm that I saw Jim Harbuagh's processional moving across the Rockies.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BigBoss posted:

Ohio State is about to enter the Big House. Suddenly the sound of glass shattering is heard over the PA.

"Bah God, that's Stone Cold's music!"

gives Urban Meyer a stunner, then Devin Gardner a stunner, puts on a North Texas hat, catches a beer and walks out of the stadium

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Alouicious posted:

gives Urban Meyer a stunner, then Devin Gardner a stunner, puts on a North Texas hat, catches a beer and walks out of the stadium

Impossible. Devin Gardner will be a CFL placeholder by next season.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Per Austin American Statesmen (da Fuq?) if Harbaugh comes to Michigan DJ Durkin will be coming as DC.

Yes please.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just as long as Skrillex isn't the new DC....

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Regnevelc posted:

Per Austin American Statesmen (da Fuq?) if Harbaugh comes to Michigan DJ Durkin will be coming as DC.

Yes please.

I've also seen several reports of Greg Mattison staying on as co-DC/LB coach.

I don't know if that's for real or a fantasy, but the Holy poo poo gauges are nearing critical levels.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

I've also seen several reports of Greg Mattison staying on as co-DC/LB coach.

I don't know if that's for real or a fantasy, but the Holy poo poo gauges are nearing critical levels.

I read that as well. He is under contract next year for 900k so he may not have a choice?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I can confirm that I saw Jim Harbuagh's processional moving across the Rockies.

I've heard he's distributing so much gold that he's devalued the metal in Reno, Salt Lake City, and Denver.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Prediction. Jim will lead the Wolverines to an unbeaten season, but gets fired during his first OSU Michigan game when he punches a player Woody Hayes style.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

HarlanHell posted:

Prediction. Jim will lead the Wolverines to an unbeaten season, but gets fired during his first OSU Michigan game when he punches a player Woody Hayes style.

That would probably earn him a statue tbh.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

HarlanHell posted:

What if he punched Brutus?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Jim Harbaugh will be fired when he goes ballistic after a prank by Goldie Gopher

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Raku posted:

Jim Harbaugh will be fired when he goes ballistic after a prank by Goldie Gopher

RIP Goldie Gopher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Gonz posted:

RIP Goldie Gopher
http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/harbaugh-eyes-former-players

quote:

It was 2007, his first year as Stanford’s football coach, and during what was meant to be a motivational speech, Harbaugh told his players that he wanted to play in the game alongside them. He wanted this so badly that he informed his players that he wanted their blood on him if they bled during that week’s game.

Offensive lineman Chase Beeler and many of his teammates thought nothing of it. There was no way Harbaugh could’ve been serious. It was a maniacal request, at best. More likely, it was insane.

But in the game, right tackle Chris Marinelli ran off the field with the rest of his offense after a touchdown drive, his arm bloodied. He went straight to Harbaugh to show him.

Harbaugh looked at the blood and did exactly what he said he would. He took his hand and wiped it on Marinelli’s arm. The player’s blood was on the coach’s hands.

Then, Harbaugh took it a step further. He smeared Marinelli’s blood all over his own face like war paint.

“(Harbaugh is) standing on the sideline with the offensive line, really jacked up, screaming, yelling, jumping around with blood smeared on his face,” said Chase Beeler, one of the team’s offensive linemen.

Yes, please. I like this guy.

• Locked thread