Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

quote:

MvM : Added chance to find Australium Weapon rewards to all Advanced and Expert Mann vs. Machine tours. Previously only available on Two Cities tour

HMMM...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
Mannpower Mode has what are basically UT99 Relics.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Huh, the SL has been slightly nerfed, everything else seemingly slightly buffed, and the new weapons sounds pretty interesting. Valve have amazed me, a list of weapon changes that seem to largely make sense, aren't over the top, reduce what was actually OP without making anything useless.

On the other hand, we now have a second grenade launcher with a model that makes no sense.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Slime posted:

It seems pretty pointless to me now, to be honest. The main draw was loving up scouts and it can't do that any more. And besides, 3 pills clearly can't fit in the weapon, it's only got two barrels.

Sucks for the demo, I was having a blast running loch last night. Was expecting a nerf on the baby face blaster too, though.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
As someone who spends way too much time playing loch n load demoknight, I'm really looking forward to the changes to it, it's less explosively powerful and more consistent. More reliable loch>eyelander combos is nice too.

Overall this looks like a really great update. New weapons, interesting new game mode (that sounds really fast), new map, and balance changes that make Demo fair without making it unfun.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not even sure of what to interpret the iron bomber as. is it...basically the loch n load except the grenades don't break when they hit the terrain?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

pisshead posted:

On the other hand, we now have a second grenade launcher with a model that makes no sense.

Well you see, the Demoman is drunk.

Gonna give these Demoman changes a whirl. Not a fan of Demoknighting but easier sticky jumping with the Scottish Resistance sounds like fun.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

quote:

+"TF_Weapon_FestiveShotgun" "Festive Shotgun"
+"TF_Weapon_FestiveRevolver" "Festive Revolver"
+"TF_Weapon_FestiveBonesaw" "Festive Bonesaw"
+"TF_Weapon_FestiveTarge" "Festive Chargin' Targe"
+"TF_Weapon_FestiveBonk" "Festive Bonk! Atomic Punch"
+"TF_Weapon_FestiveBackburner" "Festive Backburner"
+"TF_Weapon_FestiveSMG" "Festive SMG"

I think that these are the new festives. Festive bonesaw, really.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I'm so loving excited that the loch n load now also has an incorrect number of chambers.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
finally festive shotgun

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm not even sure of what to interpret the iron bomber as. is it...basically the loch n load except the grenades don't break when they hit the terrain?

I don't see why "grenades hardly roll or bounce" is a good thing. I guess its so you can shoot at people's feet? I'd rather use sticky bombs for that.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
Mannpower mode sounds really interesting. It'll have to be played to really be appreciated as to whether Valve have managed to make CTF "properly" work in TF2 or whether it'll be a complete mess but I'm interested.

That stickybomb launcher nerf sounds a lot better than the old one though. That, the other balance changes and the new weapons are making it sound like a fun time to be a demoman!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the wildest rear end posted:

I don't see why "grenades hardly roll or bounce" is a good thing. I guess its so you can shoot at people's feet? I'd rather use sticky bombs for that.

it sounds kinda like you can plant temporary mines of a sort with the thing that'll explode when people run over them? kinda like stickies that you don't have to monitor. i'm not sure what the gently caress, but i guess it could be an interesting sidegrade especially when paired with the actual sticky launchers being tooled with.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I dunno that there's any reason to use the Lock n' Load anymore considering the one thing it had over it before was dicking over scouts.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
It sounds like it'll blur the lines between the demoman's primary and secondary even more, letting you effectively have a different stickybomb launcher alongside a shield.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

bonesaw.

I really like the shotgun and revolver, backburner looks like it'd be awkward to use with viewmodels turned on

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
is the itemserver working for anyone?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Too bad for no Festive Kritz, seeing the Hatte Barons lose their poo poo would have been cool.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I dunno that there's any reason to use the Lock n' Load anymore considering the one thing it had over it before was dicking over scouts.

Faster pills = less reaction time for opponents?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Still worse against anything that is not a pyro that isn't running the phlog.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pair it with the quickie launcher and finish him off with a fast-arming airsticky.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's the backburner, who needs to see what your shooting anyway?!

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
I still don't think "but it can one-shot scouts!" is a reasonable complaint. So what? Don't get hit. The old Loch-n-load had some really massive drawbacks and it wasn't even very good.

I don't like the demo changes, but they aren't crippling like the last attempt at nerfing him. Reducing the sticky explosion radius is fair, and reducing the damage variance on stickies is nice.

The Quickiebomb Launcher looks like a voluntary nerf. Only 2 shots and they deal less damage? A big part of demo's power is having a stupid amount of explosives on hand.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So they went with a simpler look this time, more like the first series festives. Last year's festives went way too far in the festive direction. That Backburner is awful though.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

TF2 posted:

+"TF_Weapon_FestiveBackburner" "Festive Backburner"

gg killstreak backburner, you will be missed e: jesus Christ it has metal antlers haha

I don't really know what the Iron Bomber is meant to be for though. Quasi-timed sticky bomb launcher with easier jumping for demoknights?

But wow, new stickybomb launcher.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Magypsy posted:

<pictures

bonesaw.

I really like the shotgun and revolver, backburner looks like it'd be awkward to use with viewmodels turned on

The Backburner does look like it would get in the way a lot. I like the weapons that actually did something unique with the Christmas attachments, other than just smother them in lights.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pisshead posted:

Pair it with the quickie launcher and finish him off with a fast-arming airsticky.

You can still do that with regular pipes. :shrug: The speed of the pills wasn't the reason you used the Loch n' Load. It's not a huge deal, I just don't see myself using that weapon from now on.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Anyone else getting 'missing blueprint' messages?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did they seriously just improve the goddamn Loch n Load and give Scout nothing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

well, it kinda has the whole 'can't one-shot scouts' thing going on now which was kinda needed, imo

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I updated https://www.missing.tf and there seems to be eight POWERUPS listed under Non-Tradable and Non-Giftwrappable Items.... can anyone verify?

New game mode for Christmas maybe?

edit http://missing.tf/?id=otacon#notrade

EDIT2: ALSO THERE IS A GRAPPLING HOOK http://missing.tf/?id=otacon#actions

i reed gud

Otacon fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 23, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

No, they didn't improve it. You can't get a one hit kill anymore so basically you're trading rollers and a pipe for faster travel time.

Also for real now, Scout doesn't need anything when it's already as strong as it is.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yeah I saw that right after I posted. Realistically I think giving more shots works out worse for Scouts than "if literally nothing else has even slightly touched you, you won't die in one shot," but I guess we'll see how it works.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Otacon posted:

I updated https://www.missing.tf and there seems to be eight POWERUPS listed under Non-Tradable and Non-Giftwrappable Items.... can anyone verify?

New game mode for Christmas maybe?

edit http://missing.tf/?id=otacon#notrade

Uh, I'm guessing you missed the part about the new game mode in the blog post? :v:

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

It sucks that the new cosmetics are limited again, nobody likes those. I can't wait to try out the Demo changes tomorrow though!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Scyantific posted:

Uh, I'm guessing you missed the part about the new game mode in the blog post? :v:

reading? who has time for that?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

This grappling hook is fun since it's so buggy

Panic Attack
2 Rec + Back Scatter

Iron Bomber
2 Rec + Air Strike

Quickiebomb Launcher
2 Rec + Tide Turner

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just got a strange soldier hat out a nice crate neato

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If the scout has taken even a miniscule amount of damage they still get oneshot by the LnL

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Jesus christ that's awful. I want ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I love how they are so deathly afraid to release a festive Kritz.

• Locked thread