Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

What if you put her in DPS stance?

Compared to Treek's performance, I mean.

Her DPS stance is just a tank that has less threat generation. If you want to DPS, you use a DPS companion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Give temple the targeter comms set. I did that and between her and Seb in the same gear and lethality spec we melt poo poo. Also we're twinners, it's totes adorbs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Her DPS stance is just a tank that has less threat generation. If you want to DPS, you use a DPS companion.

I've never really used SCORPIO for any length of time so I wasn't sure if I could use her to cash in on this sweet droid parts thing since I don't have HK (and from the way you guys describe the quest to get him, I don't plan to). Guess not! It's alright, Treek in raid gear will have to do, I guess

Unrelated, as a copywriter by trade, this bit on the launcher always bugs the hell out of me:

I keep wanting to grab a pen and strike out one or two of the "Revan"s.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've never really used SCORPIO for any length of time so I wasn't sure if I could use her to cash in on this sweet droid parts thing since I don't have HK (and from the way you guys describe the quest to get him, I don't plan to). Guess not! It's alright, Treek in raid gear will have to do, I guess

Unrelated, as a copywriter by trade, this bit on the launcher always bugs the hell out of me:

I keep wanting to grab a pen and strike out one or two of the "Revan"s.

You am become work, destroyer of souls

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
*logs on, sees guild message"

Hm. Well okay, I guess that's true.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Blhue posted:

*logs on, sees guild message"

Hm. Well okay, I guess that's true.

That may have been added when the MVP locked himself out of a boss fight.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Medullah posted:

That may have been added when the MVP locked himself out of a boss fight.

Ha, I missed that. Also I didn't lock myself out, I got crushed by the door. Clearly far more appropriate for a figure of my stature.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Blhue posted:

Ha, I missed that. Also I didn't lock myself out, I got crushed by the door. Clearly far more appropriate for a figure of my stature.

Really pathetic stuff IMO

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So, in a kinda related bit of news, KOTOR has been released for Android tablets. Awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Casyl posted:

So, in a kinda related bit of news, KOTOR has been released for Android tablets. Awesome.

Finally, I can stop Darth Malak whilst pooping.

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

Casyl posted:

at that price it is almost tempting, but then I remember Taris and Mannan and I want to cry.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They're both fine, if you're like me you just think they're terrible because you did a zillion playthroughs and wanted to get to something else.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This stupid game keeps making me want to play it even though I'm playing wow too. Goddammit.

If I buy SoR does it come with a free month?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Thumbtacks posted:

This stupid game keeps making me want to play it even though I'm playing wow too. Goddammit.

If I buy SoR does it come with a free month?

I think so but why would you? The game is free to try anyway and you can get a week of subscription by clicking a referral link here. I doubt you'd find a for-sale copy of the game cheaper than a months sub.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I played the game a lot already, I just didn't renew my sub because DF/DP was getting old. I really like to PvP though and the preferred limits are dumb and annoying.

Also I'm pretty sure I can't click referral links if my account already exists.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Thumbtacks posted:

I played the game a lot already, I just didn't renew my sub because DF/DP was getting old. I really like to PvP though and the preferred limits are dumb and annoying.

You can. Your sub is extended for a week if you have one active.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Well poo poo. I need a referral code, then. How often can you use those? I may have used one at some poitn.

also treek was on my ship and now is inexplicably not

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 23, 2014

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

Well poo poo. I need a referral code, then. How often can you use those? I may have used one at some poitn.

also treek was on my ship and now is inexplicably not

Not sure how often you can use them. I think it may be only once though.

Here's mine if you want to test: http://www.swtor.com/r/BgBmwS

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Thumbtacks posted:

Ignore my reply, I read 'SoR' as 'SWTOR'

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Rishi rep drops like candy. Got Champion today and have enough stockpiled for Legend in 2 weeks.

I also got this sweet BH rep armor chest piece from it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Rishi rep drops like candy. Got Champion today and have enough stockpiled for Legend in 2 weeks.

I also got this sweet BH rep armor chest piece from it.

Yeah I keep a spreadsheet of Rep and have enough stocked to get to Legend for Rishi.

...twice.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah I keep a spreadsheet of Rep and have enough stocked to get to Legend for Rishi.

...twice.

Is there anything that you don't keep a spreadsheet for? :P

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Is there anything that you don't keep a spreadsheet for? :P

As sad as it is, I really find it insanely helpful for tracking things like Rep and ultimately saves me time in the long run. For example, Yavin is still pretty much unplayable with the lag, but man do I want that sweet, sweet walker. Keeping the rep spreadsheet made it easier for me to say "There we go, I now have enough rep stocked to get legend, I never have to come here again."

It's also helpful since I have 3 billion toons to track who has money and what my total is, just do a quick round of the alts and log their money about once a month keeps me informed. :)

But yes, it makes me an even huger nerd.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hang on. There's a rep Walker mount for Yavin rep?

Fake edit: Yes, yes there is :stare:

But I don't want to go theeeeeeere! Bah!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Hang on. There's a rep Walker mount for Yavin rep?

Fake edit: Yes, yes there is :stare:

But I don't want to go theeeeeeere! Bah!

Luckily you get an rear end ton of Rep for doing the weekly - two purple rep items - so for people such as myself who have a billion characters I just did the weekly on a few characters a few times. And then doing the Enemy Within weekly gives you a blue trophy along with the Companion weapon, so that's like 10 minutes for that.

Rishi you're going to hit legend on just leveling about 3 characters I suspect. The rep trophies there are ridiculous.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yep, Rishi gives you 1 purple, 13 greens and 20 blues if you do the main planet quest and, say, 80% of the side quests along the way. So, with the guild bonus of 10% that's 19265 rep per character just by going through the story.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think my least favorite thing about Yavin is less the lag, and more the fact that everyone's swarming all over it to do either the dailies, or the story missions, so you're competing with a bunch of pubbies for the same open world stuff. I have little patience for stuff like that anymore.

Honestly I have a hard time finding reasons to really log in anymore apart from goon raids; I don't like PVP, I don't really enjoy dailies anymore (see above) and the level 60 HMs are too hard to play with pubbies. Didn't they say that they were going to make 55s available for GF again? Have they already done it and I've just missed it?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Is there a way to get rid of the "HEY YOU'RE OVER CREDIT CAPS" every single loving time I loot credits? I can't make it not show up, either, so it's nearly impossible to read gchat or general or anything.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Thumbtacks posted:

Is there a way to get rid of the "HEY YOU'RE OVER CREDIT CAPS" every single loving time I loot credits? I can't make it not show up, either, so it's nearly impossible to read gchat or general or anything.

Change your chat options to omit "System messages" I think.

If you don't know how to get there, right click on the chat tab you want to edit, select chat settings or something like that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

Don't be cheap and subscribe? :D

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Change your chat options to omit "System messages" I think.

If you don't know how to get there, right click on the chat tab you want to edit, select chat settings or something like that.

It's not checked, I tried that already.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Didn't they say that they were going to make 55s available for GF again? Have they already done it and I've just missed it?
Upcoming in 3.0.2 I believe.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So I've got the itch to play this again. I played at launch and hit the level cap back then. I noticed the OP is a couple months old. Is there an active Republic guild? What server is it on? I'll use my transfer on that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jose Oquendo posted:

So I've got the itch to play this again. I played at launch and hit the level cap back then. I noticed the OP is a couple months old. Is there an active Republic guild? What server is it on? I'll use my transfer on that.

Negative. A goon republic guild only exists in the technical sense, there is no activity. Imperial (Jedi Covenant) or bust if you want to play with goons.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Chomp8645 posted:

Negative. A goon republic guild only exists in the technical sense, there is no activity. Imperial (Jedi Covenant) or bust if you want to play with goons.

Gotcha. I think I rolled an Imperial before I stopped playing. May as well start over anyhow. I'll find you guys in game. Thanks!

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
So I decided to roll a trooper as well in addition to whatever I'm already playing. Playing as a tank Vanguard is great, you never run out of energy. However, it seems like you do run out of things to hit that have a cooldown. One other thing I find hilarious about Trooper is whenever you issue commands to your "squad", it's just one other person. That isn't a squad, dammit! If they let all the other companions show up, then it'd be cooler, but I guess coding budget cut that out.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

jwang posted:

So I decided to roll a trooper as well in addition to whatever I'm already playing. Playing as a tank Vanguard is great, you never run out of energy. However, it seems like you do run out of things to hit that have a cooldown. One other thing I find hilarious about Trooper is whenever you issue commands to your "squad", it's just one other person. That isn't a squad, dammit! If they let all the other companions show up, then it'd be cooler, but I guess coding budget cut that out.

Look, the Republic's had it rough since the Sack of Coruscant, okay? Don't rub it in!

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I guess Havoc Squad is paid on a per-operation system then, so less members on an op means less paid out. Thus, your budget is for one active companion only.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
hosed around with Lana's set and the weird pirate nonsense you get on Rishi and managed to put something decent together. There's a bit too much black for my liking since I normally use the Dire Eliminator's Chest (and have since the beta) but this is a nice change of pace, for now.

Still doesn't look as good as it does in game for some reason, there are artifacts and poo poo.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Is there any benefit (gathering efficiency, damage, etc) to maxing out HK-51 or 2V-R8's affection?

• Locked thread