Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Flagrama posted:

So, ground pound into pipe in the water section? I have to remember that. Especially if I was that close to the end at that point.

Yea, that's way more reliable than what I was doing, which is just timing the drop into the pipe. I remember getting hit by the spike block a lot, and the following section is not the best time to be lil'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

SubNat posted:

I bought Captain Toad digitally from Game.co.uk, but it seems I can't activate it.

Have any of you brits been able to activate the game, or is it only the physical game that's released now? This is most uncute.

Are thy sending out codes? Maybe it just isn't 'up' yet?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Are there any good casual puzzle games on the eshop? Something like a Sudoku or Picross, maybe Tetris? Crossword puzzles even? Off screen play would be rad too.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Are there any good casual puzzle games on the eshop? Something like a Sudoku or Picross, maybe Tetris? Crossword puzzles even? Off screen play would be rad too.

There are a bunch of Picross games (Picross e), but I think they're kind of crappy presentation and variety-wise compared to Picross DS or 3D. They're very cheap though.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hakkesshu posted:

There are a bunch of Picross games (Picross e), but I think they're kind of crappy presentation and variety-wise compared to Picross DS or 3D. They're very cheap though.

I thought those were 3DS only? Is there an easy way to browse the Wii U eshop on a web browser?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

SubNat posted:

I bought Captain Toad digitally from Game.co.uk, but it seems I can't activate it.

Have any of you brits been able to activate the game, or is it only the physical game that's released now? This is most uncute.

you probably won't be able to activate it until it goes live on the eshop. always buy physical when you're trying to do poo poo like that

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

Stan Taylor posted:

Pushmo World (and Pushmo and Crashmo on the 3DS) are great, but you'll definitely hit a wall. I've quit the game, come back a few weeks later, and solved it quickly. So... totally recommended.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Are thy sending out codes? Maybe it just isn't 'up' yet?

Yup, I got a code the second I purchased it, on friday.
Entering it only gives the error that the product isn't active/released yet, the same as other games this year.

They've had a tendency of sending out codes hours/days before games actually release though, but it's a bit of a bummer, since I was hoping that early UK release would mean that I could download it early, but no dice.

e:

Awesome! posted:

you probably won't be able to activate it until it goes live on the eshop. always buy physical when you're trying to do poo poo like that

Eh, I was hoping against hope, I'll still get the game on release, but if I tried to order the game physically it would probably not arrive until after Christmas, and on top I'd end up paying atleast 50£ for it after importing.

It's not the largest loss though, I'll still have time to be cute next year.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 22, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

I thought those were 3DS only? Is there an easy way to browse the Wii U eshop on a web browser?

Oh I'm an idiot, I thought this was the general eShop thread

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Wii U Picross would be siiiiiiick I wish it was real. I could play Picross all drat day, it's like the only puzzle game series I ever got totally hooked on. I just wish one as awesome as Picross DS could be made again. Picross 3D is really good too though the Cubello character and the soundtrack are an abomination. :)

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Hakkesshu posted:

Don't sweat it, I've done the reverse at least twice. I managed to edit "the OP" into "the Wii U general discussion OP" before anyone noticed, though.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hakkesshu posted:

No worries, just confused me a bit.

And yeah pushmo is fun, I've been stuck on the rocketship level for about a year now though on the 3DS version. I just want a game to idly play while I watch xfiles or whatever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I just got a bonus survey on club nintendo asking for my opinion on Bonus Survey, like if i liked the gamepad integration on it. Then for two questions it becomes about smash and asks if I bought an Amiibo before going back to Bonus Survey. :psyduck:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Captain Toad question

On the final level of Book 2, Battle Tower Blitz, the secret goal is to get 170 coins. I've completed the level like three times and always wind up with 165. Is there a secret group of coins I'm missing or am I just messing something up. I even found a 1-Up floating above the level, but these five coins are eluding the hell outta me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Moltrey posted:

Captain Toad question

On the final level of Book 2, Battle Tower Blitz, the secret goal is to get 170 coins. I've completed the level like three times and always wind up with 165. Is there a secret group of coins I'm missing or am I just messing something up. I even found a 1-Up floating above the level, but these five coins are eluding the hell outta me.

You might be missing a golden mushroom. Or some hidden coins. OR there is also a group of grass blocks hidden in that last area with coins in them

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Moltrey posted:

Captain Toad question

You need to be a big Toad and collect a mushroom for that extra 10 coins, so don't get hurt!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yoshi Jjang posted:

You need to be a big Toad and collect a mushroom for that extra 10 coins, so don't get hurt!

That's unlikely to be the issue on this particular level.

I'm 90% sure that what you're missing is the group of grass patches in the section with the cannon. You have to pluck them before you go down into the cannon, because otherwise you can't get back up once you've killed everything.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Thanks for the help, guys! Turns it out there was a patch of invisible coins in the corner on the tower with the fire bros that I completely missed every time. Not too good at tracking treasure it seems.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There's a Wario Mario, and a Wario Luigi. One might even say Bodhi is a Wario Yoshi. Why no Wario Peach or Wario Toad? Daisy doesn't count.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Captain Syrup is Wario Peach I guess

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Moltrey posted:

Thanks for the help, guys! Turns it out there was a patch of invisible coins in the corner on the tower with the fire bros that I completely missed every time. Not too good at tracking treasure it seems.

if you blow on the mic it can help you see invisible stuff hiding

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Awesome! posted:

if you blow on the mic it can help you see invisible stuff hiding

I did this a bunch in 3D world, and then I tried to play with the Pro Controller and kept blowing on my hands.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Stan Taylor posted:

"Dr. Mario" on the NES Virtual console is just $4.99. It's worth it.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Spectacle Rock posted:

This is correct. Dr. Mario is fun, and he will write you scripts for narcotics.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Pushmo is the best puzzle game you're going to find.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spectacle Rock posted:

There's also Dr. Luigi which is new and has online multiplayer. Pushmo is the best puzzle game though.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I can't use my TV for a little while so what are some good games on just the gamepad?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tropical Freeze is pretty good

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Anyone had success using a wired network adapter with the Wii U? I have tried 3 different models and none of them worked - the Wii U did not seem to detect them.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

oddium posted:

I second this.

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Anyone had success using a wired network adapter with the Wii U? I have tried 3 different models and none of them worked - the Wii U did not seem to detect them.

I had issues until I fully powered off my Wii U (like pull the cord out of the back), plugged in the adapter, then cold booted with it plugged in. It seems to ignore it if you plug it in while turned on or on standby.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Austrian mook posted:

I can't use my TV for a little while so what are some good games on just the gamepad?

Hyrule Warriors, Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, and Pikmin 3 work, although Pikmin 3 is really clunky on the game pad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Has anyone else played Bonus Survey yet? I can't decide how to rate it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

i've never played it

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

oddium posted:

This and Stealth Inc. 2. I'm really surprised at home much game there is to explore, and so far I've only played on the Gamepad.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

sharrrk posted:

i've never played it

:mad:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

sharrrk posted:

i've never played it

What are you even doing with your life?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

What are you even doing with your life?

He plays palutena in Smash and has a Shadow the Hedgehog avatar... Do you even need to ask?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

He plays palutena in Smash and has a Shadow the Hedgehog avatar... Do you even need to ask?

This breaks all the laws of science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

greatn posted:

Has anyone else played Bonus Survey yet? I can't decide how to rate it.

An intern got carried away and didn't edit in the name of the game. This is for Wii U Smash Bros!

• Locked thread